1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Official Manga Complaints Thread

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Hiroshi, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroshi Super Moderator

Unhappy that your favourite character was killed? Displeased by who is winning (or participating in) the current battle? Can't get over a decision Kishimoto made? Planning on quitting the manga? Come here to discuss general complaints about the plot, direction, or writing of the manga. All general complaint threads found in Library outside this thread will be merged. Any specific discussion worthy grievances about the manga that have not been sufficiently addressed can still be placed in the Library main, and will remain there at the discretion of the section moderators.

No flaming, please.

2. Trent Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker

There's not enough T & A.

Without going up to Fairy Tail level :)druul), a little fan service wouldn't damage the manga. :quite

Edit: I was about to add
    Spoiler:
    "woohoo, first" :awesome"
    then I remembered I actually hate seeing people post that. So I won't. :LOS

3. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

The design of Naruto's Rikudou mode sucks. It's too white, there's just no shading, no contrast it looks like a human shaped void. It needs a more finished look.

4. nebojsaxfarseer ronin of freehold

i dont like the jumping from fight to fight, forget what was going on. Also dont like the kumo hype, or kick them out or more from every village

5. Trent Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker

I especially dislike the whirlpool with the weird ugly tomoe-like tail thing on his belly.

It's good that there are markings on Naruto's body in RM but the ones Kishi came up with do not look cool at all.

6. Adagio Be at ease

I agree with the new look of the new mode, I also think that it completely voids the need for a new outfit for Naruto, which I'm sure many people were looking forward to. It just seems like lazyness on Kishimoto's part because it makes it easier to draw him.

7. bullsh3t Active Member

I hate how deidara and sasori got trolled.

8. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

true, sadly without those whirlpools and those strange black markings it would look even worse. My only hope is that Kishi will combine RM and SM and give him a new design instead of that crappy one.

9. Dream forever flawless Administrator

I dislike how small of a part the other ninja villages played in Part 2 until now. Before the TS I thought that the other villages would come into conflict with a weakened Konoha but that never happened. Instead the story shifted from being about a boy who wanted to be the leader of a ninja village to a story about a boy wanting to "rescue" his friend and fight off people who want to capture him because of a demon he contains.

And that change, I feel, was a big mistake.

10. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

Stick with one fight at a time. Showing so many at once, and leaving many of them off panel is really annoying. It would be much better if we saw Kakashi, Sakura, Lee and Gai vs The Seven Swordsmen, Ino-Shika-Cho vs Asuma, Choza vs Dan, Mifune vs Hanzo etc. as seperate matches taking up a number of chapters. Instead of seeing random cut scenes of the fight =/

11. CrazyAries What a spectacular year!

I do not like that shift, either. For one thing, Naruto lost his narrative in more ways than one. He put his goal to become Hokage on the sidelines because he could not save his friend. We did not see him on very many productive missions on which he could travel to other villages. Naruto was not getting stronger primarily to prepare for the role of leading Konohagakure, but to have a rematch with Sasuke. This leads me to the issue of the power-scaling of this manga.

As Naruto is preparing to have that long-awaited showdown with Sasuke, the two have gotten exponentially stronger. This narrowed down the number of characters that could conceivably hold their own against them and made other characters look largely irrelevant. Kishimoto has to find excuses to keep Naruto out of the action and make a grand entrance in the end. Also, to what end are these two becoming so powerful? Sure, both may very well face Madara, but what happens after the smoke clears? There will be two powerful being left in the story with village-busting jutsus but no conceivable reason to use them. Naruto will most likely avoid killing anyone, as well.

Also, as I said in the other complaints thread, the title of kage looks irrelevant, as well, due to Naruto's role as the destined child. World peace is so much grander than the role of village leader. Kishimoto drastically changed the scope in Part 2.

12. PuppetDoctor Member

The manga is just not interesting to read right now and has become almost a chore. The whole war so far has been a huge disappointment. Seriously, I feel like I am watching an American cartoon (nothing against American cartoons). Its like this:

For the next two weeks we have have a character you have never seen before battle this person you have never seen before.

*Two weeks later* We will have this character come back who was from the beginning of Naruto fight this character until they are defeated.

*Rinse and Repeat*

Its getting very tiresome and it feels like Kishimoto wants to draw out this manga longer than it needs to be. We all know the grand scheme of things and that Sasuke will eventually battle Naruto.

Another, disappointment is that there is no deaths. Have a major character die off to make the suspense go up. Isn't that what a war is about? But even if a major character does die off I doubt I will believe they will stay dead after what happened at the end of the Pain arc.

I just wish that these random battles would stop happening and its disappointing that once formidable opponents are now getting beaten up within two chapters.

When I think back to when I most enjoyed Naruto it was during the Chunnin Exams and the battle between the 3rd Hokage and Orochimaru. What happened Kishimoto?

13. Judecious Active Member

Manga needs Naruto and Sasuke back:pek

14. C-Moon ...

I hate Rikudou and every connection made to him.

15. Judecious Active Member

He's not that bad but the freaking Juubi killed the story:-(

16. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

Addy's thread. part 2 :tomasulk

for some it took for him just being mentioned to ruin the story and for others is juubi.

im from the former.

17. Patrick Order Intensifies

i dislike that sasuke's EMS and naruto's rikudo mode both seem as small power ups.
    RM should be stronger than KN8 but i feel like it is as stong as KN1.
    EMS just restores sasuke's eyesight and an extra jutsu.

also the war arc should stop shifting. it seems so rushed. a better way to do this would be CE style. make the fights only 2-3 chapters, but atleast don't skip in the middle of the fight.

18. SaVaGe609 Only Sai Fan

Sai vs Deidara would've been a badass fight. I've been anticipating it forever. They're fighting styles are parallels in quite a few ways. But instead, Kishi rushed through it and Sai showed us, as always, nothing new. Other than the drawing of the Benevolent Twins, which was cool, but the way they were used? Angry Sai has the ability to magically leap behind two high class ninja? Kishi should've put more effort into it.

The most I can hope for is that we see the "sealing jutsus" Kakashi asked him to use, when we finally get back to that story.

19. Aleeight Long-Winded Writer

What really killed me was when it was mentioned that the Rikudou made the moon in order to seal the Juubi in.

20. jux back to back

I dislike the power scaling that is know is used in Naruto. It's now more about haxx power ups then it is about stealth, tactic and deception that made the fights so charming back in Part 1. The impossible tip of Sasuke and Naruto's power skill just makes them all too exclusive to each other and Madara. There is no risk, and thus the climax of their fights are dampened.

The way Kishi has handled Part 2 has been disappointing overall. I don't mind the direction Part 1 took, to Sasuke leaving Konoha, but the way Kishimoto has handled the manga since then has been offputting. He should have written it in a way that had Sasuke action's challenge and change Naruto's idealistic world view and philosophy on the responsibility Hokage's took in the management of missing-nin/criminals that have become so due to being marginalized in a community fuelled by the villages (and thus the leader's) lack of care, rather then make Sasuke utterly impede on Naruto's path in becoming Hokage.

21. Raging Bird 15 Strong, XVI

I hate how everyone in the manga is so dense, it reminds me sometimes of Natsuru from Kampfer a show you shouldn't watch.

22. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

Kakashi isn't dense.

23. ovanz ______

I dislike the wasted potencial of some characters in part II, the autor should've made better work with them, they were so much letdowns characters, example:

1- Danzo as Hokage: a Hokage that was ruthless and power hungry. A hokage who wanted sasuke death, who will put naruto in custody, and so many other things, all this elements could've create a civil war inside Konoha, maybe even naruto and co go rogue ninjas, and fighting to re-gain the village from the hands of Danzo, that will put naruto in a higher place for a hokage candidate. What we got: Danzo's reign was so short and he was killed several times thanks to Izanagi.

2- Pain: he was in the beginning the mysterious Akatsuki leader, showing incredible jutsus and all, telling the akatsuki some sort of plan to control the world, even were theories that he was naruto's father or related to him at last (ok he is an uzumaki, that's just a clan or family name) He was incredible powerfull enough to make konoha a crater What we got: the leader we all saw, was just a puppet, the real one was a mayor letdown, crippled, anorexic and beated by a book, and worst, he revive all the people who he killed, people who he hate for years (konoha killed his parents), just by the words of some random kid he just meet. Oh and he himself was Madara's puppet.

3- Orochimaru's deffeat/seal: He was the first mayor villain, he did a great damage to konoha, characters were afraid of him (kakashi, the guy from interrogation, to name a few) we waited for the fight between him and sasuke will be epic, What we got: a great villain, trolled so many times by sharingan.

So i don't hate this characters, they were probably my favs characters, so i dislike how they potencial was wasted.

24. Nfpsouljah Member

I'm almost done with Naruto

That had to be one of the worst chapters of the entire manga, the only thing that was even close to being interesting was seeing how Pein ended Hanzou but FFS, all these villains, all of them are getting trolled, why aren't any of the good guys dieing? What the fuck kind of war is this?

What's next? Sai reveals his expert hidden abilities and kills Madara?

It's now getting to the point of which where i'm almost begging one of my favorite characters like Kakashi to get slashed up into little pieces. At least ONE good guy has to die PLEASE, i don't care who it is, get one of team 8's guys to die, hell get all of them to die, just someone DIE please.

25. vjpowell Becoming Stronger

I liked it. This is a Shounen where the good guys usually wins. No one is making you watch the series.

26. Nfpsouljah Member

Lol I don't really care about rep, unless it's positive of course:laugh

Is it a too much to ask for just a little bit more drama? Everything is so predictable, with every new chapter, another bad guy gets trolled. The Zetsu's are all looking like fodder, Hanzou was fodder, The 2 brothers were fodder, the 7 swordsman are looking like fodder, Chiyo and Kimmimaro are dead certs to be fodder, Gaara's dad will no doubt be fodder, Asuma will completely dominate his old team but for some reason will get things turned on him and will no doubt be fodder etc

27. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Advisor

This desperation for death is pretty pathetic. If you want everybody to die read a different genre. In the OP war only 2 died and at the very end and in the Bleach war nobody died.

28. rainyrabbit Active Member

Well, OP does have a point.

Kishi seems to be twisting all scenarios too much to have the good guys win.

Just look how Mifune is pawning Hanzou, and Jiraiya respected him almost like he was invincible.

29. Aced Member

I think there will be casualties later on the war, the war right now seems like it's just heating up we haven't really seen the big guns come out, but I agree about Hanzou getting trolled, he was hyped up to be a beast yet he gets owned in 1 chapter by a dude that I thought was fodder.

30. Nfpsouljah Member

That's the other thing, all this tier power-scaling from everything we've read has been totally farked, some of the most revered guys we've read about, getting absolutely trolled by almost anyone? I mean I can understand how Darui was able to at least hold his own against the brothers but Mifune being able to effortlessly destroy Hanzou? Fucking Mifune? The guy that dropped his balls when he saw Sasuke in the flesh?

Yes we know Jiraiya, Oro and Tsunade were young, this and that, and that it was a long time ago, but fucking Mifune? You've got to be kidding that shit is just wrooooooong! It looked like it was going to be one amazing war but it's been a complete disappointment so far at how uncompetitive the bad guys have been.

As a Shounen i do not expect the bad guys to win, and I also do not expect most of the good guys to die, but what I do expect is something competitive, not a fucking walk-about! So far only 2 good guys of any half-decent sort of meaning have died and thousands of fodder.

31. Rakiyo There's always a lighthouse

sounds like your complaining more for the lack of death then the actual chapter

32. Sounday Member

Tsuchikage (mid-war) and/or Raikage (end-war) will probably die.

33. Nfpsouljah Member

Yeah probably, but this chapter was just one of a broader issue that has been almost all of the chapters:laugh

34. Rakiyo There's always a lighthouse

Really? I felt differently imo the worst was the whole Kinkaku Ginkaku thing with the horrible kyuubi chakra filler like power, It seemed to be more style then substance. I really loved this chapter it felt more of the old pt 1 style in terms of power levels and story telling not to mention the beast page spread with mifune at the end

35. ashher tch

Look at the war this way... You remember the demon of mist zabuza...he killed no named character, even though they were GENINS. The chunin exams...where anybody could die? Nobody did except some fodder. Sound invasion...only one named guy died, even though it was an attack to 'crush' the leaf. Retrieve sasuke...the first S class mission led by a new chunin, who estimated he needs two junins and a chunin, instead got only genins. Did anybody die? Nah. Don't expect to this trend to change.

36. Reddan Active Member

Give Kishimoto some time. Judge the war when it is over. Remember the Phony War? It takes time for things to build up. If the war ends and no one dies then is the time to vent your frustration and criticise Kishimoto.

I hope and believe Kishimoto has the courage to carry out all the deaths he hinted: the story demands it, Nagato's words must come true.

War inflicts death...injury and pain to both sides...The more precious someone is to you, the harder it is to accept they might die... In fact you convince yourself there is no way they could die.....It especially can't be helped with your generation who don't know war. And you might try to find meaning in death....But all there is ...is pain...unbearable hatred...wasteful death....eternal hatred... and pain that does not heal... that's what war is AND THOSE ARE THE THINGS YOU WILL FACE IN THE COMING DAYS NARUTO

After such a build up to this coming war, I think he will deliver.

37. Saunion Active Member

If you didn't understand with the Pain arc that no one is going to die except maybe (and that's a big maybe) old mentor figures like Tsunade, then it's your loss.

That being said, that chapter was indeed lame.

38. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

Expect few people to die. Some will be recurrent characters and other important ones, i.e. the current Kages and probably some senseis/fathers.

This isn't that uncommon in comic/manga wars, the casualties are always few.

39. Egotism Nostalgia. Ultra

Onoki's death is almost a given so you have one there. Um, other than that I can't think of any one else. Eh, if Oro was in charge of this war we would have some deaths

40. falsepod Member

This war arc is getting stupid now.

We have:

Kakashi vs The Seven Swordsman
    Gaara and Onoki vs Previous Kages
    Darui vs Kakuzu
    Chouza vs Dan
    Hiashi vs Hizashi
    Ino Shika Chou vs Asuma
    Kimmimaro vs Samurai
    and now Kishi's added Mifune vs Hanzou?

Not to mention there's Naruto's training going on, Sasuke with his new eyes and Zetsu going after the Daimyo's?

Kishi has branched himself way to thin and yet he just isn't stopping. I havn't checked but i'm pretty sure its something like 10 weeks since we saw Kakashi now.

Anyone else think he needs to slow down and actually develop whats happening?

41. Pseudo laughing with a mouth of blood

Kishi can't please you guys at all. You guys complain the the fights were long and drawn out drawn out. I understand what you're saying though, and I think he's saving the development for all the big fights.

42. GangWarlord Active Member

I thought this chapter was actually awesome, and a breath of fresh air. I mean, in this series dominated by ninja, the samurai got trolled to Hell and back every time they appeared... Until now. It's nice to finally see the underdog do something cool, even if Zombie Hanzo hasn't really been defeated (which I don't believe he has, 'cause the zombies can regenerate and all that).

43. falsepod Member

your saying "you guys" like i'm not a single person whose posted a thread. I don't mind long drawn out fights at all. What I don't like is having no focus though. He's jumping around way too much and leaving shit loads of stuff unfinished which means when you finally return to it it won't be as potent as it was when it actually started.

44. corsair ゴゴゴゴ

45. _Chiyo_ In Heaven With Sasori......:(

46. takL unfit 4

tyhe former kages, the former jins and itach and pain...the stronger zombies are waiting.
    im all for the good guys but things arent so rosy for them.

47. gabzilla Yuri Queen

They would get revived anyway.

:sun

48. Kage

looks like you have not made peace with the fact kishi rarely deems casualties necessary.

i should pity you but i don't.

49. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

Its called building anticipation...and suspense to come degree.

50. gabzilla Yuri Queen

Getting?

It hasn't felt like a real war since day one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.