1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. [GAME] Join in on this fun game in the Chatterbox, click here for more info.
  7. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  8. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

OBD Mafia Special I (Game Thread): The Battledome Favorites

Discussion in 'Meta-Battledome' started by iwandesu, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Unlosing Ranger He's back

2. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

Glad to see town do as I hoped and kill Hype outside of just lynching him :maybe

He was like a cockroach, a megaversal cockroach :LOS

3. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Mazinger Z pulling out all the stops. That kind of tenacity and badassery might inspire me to watch the anime he's from :distracted

4. Fang Titan

Are we on cycle 2's night phase? The lynch ended Hyperion and I think the only thing remaining are whatever actions what players haven't seen their own ones in by now. That said I am suspicious of D180, Katsuragi, Cooler, and Hachibi (whose replacing whoever Savage's role is) as well as Blocky (coming in to replace Byrd's character iirc).

Ratchet Man also has done jackshit aside from jumping on the Hyperion band wagon lynching all game.

Remchu I think is either indie or pro town/neutral.

Dr. White might be indie or town.

I'm certain that:

- Nevermind is pro town/town
    - Punch is pro town/town
    - CK is town (as confirmed by red truth)
    - Whatever Hachibi's first role was (I think Indie?)

5. d180 Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

Wait, Hachibi had two roles in this game? And one of them is still alive?

7. iwandesu Well-Known Member

let's try again
    1st cycle
    day 1
    night 2
    2nd cycle
    extra phase added by hyperion (nil phase)
    day 2 (will last around 24 hours after nil phase if needed)
    night 2 (will last optimally around 12 hours but may be delayed by posts yada yada)
    3rd cycle
    day 3
    night 3
    add infinitum

8. Crimson King Golden Knight

iwandesu Well-Known Member

After Mazinger Z target her Bern became pissed.
    it was not a little pissy, it was not a tad pissy
    She was piss and nitpicky as fuck.
    X
    red has been said by the gm, hyperion was made Scum by RNG
    "that's silly, most characters here were useless on the fight and at best this game is filled with pis"
    2 red truths have pierced blocky
    X
    No, the Shrike did.
    "You currently are scum indie."
    how would you...
    X
    2 red truth have pierced @Fang

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  10. iwandesu Well-Known Member

duh
    i always confuse you guys avy sorry

11. Fang Titan

I never said Hyperion was town

12. Punchsplosion Nerf Bat Enthusiast

Wait what? Fang is scum indie? That doesn't bode well.

13. Fang Titan

My alignment only changes as an indie as far as my actions go in what I choose, not who I target. My only objective is to survive, which does not conflict with town at all. I can guarantee this, my end game goal is the opposite of Hyperion's. Merely survival, not killing. I was right about him, I was right about Gordo. I can become town indie or a neutral depending simply on what actives I use, that's how my character works in each phase of the game.

You can call another truth at this to have it confirmed. My track record shows this. The second red truth is nonsensical because Hyperion WAS going to get lynched until the Shrike ended him, which was a formality at that point.

14. Fang Titan

Whatever, one of you is apparently gunning for me regardless so its a moot point.

You're wasting energy killing an indie. Good job in a game where town is already outnumbered.

15. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

This phrasing of the red truth does match what Fang is saying about his alignment changing.

16. Katsuargi Dakka Dakka

Mm. Yeah, I don't think Fang is a good lynch target.

17. Punchsplosion Nerf Bat Enthusiast

Okay from what I am getting, the Red Truth ability seems to allow some form of leeway with respects to what is considered "untrue". So, whoever is doing this is getting you on a technicality. That sounds like a hardcore mafia ability. Which means that you are trustworthy in what you say, as it means you are probably pro town.

I agree with Kat. Lynching you is a bad idea as I think it furthers the mafia agenda.

18. Fang Titan

Not only am I terrible target for a lynch or an attack by anyone whose town or pro town, but like I said you can my arguments and claims verified by another red truth. On top of that if I bite the dust, another player tied to me dies and that will only further make it easier for mafia players to run game on town given only a Vig style Indie and the SK have been knocked off.

19. iwandesu Well-Known Member

"i shall protect you if you ever need it brah"
    X
    X
    "what a bunch of silly goons that guy would've loved it, too bad he is already dead, guess i just need to take the head of those who killed him"
    Ogre Yujiro has ultra killed Fang
    (demifiend)
    X

Beerus (Xenos5) the god of the destruction has died with him.
    X

the 2 were kaioshina and hakaishin.

20. Fang Titan

It doesn't matter because whoever Bern is just made the most retarded move possible as a knee jerk reaction and their going to cost themselves in the long run two pro town Indies when I get bit. I can't use my actives or passives apparently since I'm role-crushed for more then 1 cycle and avoiding a lynch which seems like won't save me from surviving the day phase.

Whatever, hopefully whoever Bern is gets nominated for LVP.

21. Katsuargi Dakka Dakka

Good job, whoever Bern is just replaced Nostalgia for biggest fuck up.

Pat yourself on the back.

23. Punchsplosion Nerf Bat Enthusiast

All I and Fang had to do was survive. And we were doing our best not to piss off town to that end.

I even had an ability as Beerus that would randomly super kill 3 players and I held out on it not to risk it despite everyone else spamming abilities left and right during the first cycle.

Well Bern. Whoever you are. Hope you get your just desserts in the end fucker.

25. Threadmark: Hitoshura's Role

Congratulations, as the demifiend your actions will speak for the kind of alingment your role will create, be scum, town or indie this is quite a powerful role given the right polishment.
    Demi-fiend
    passives
    [Mannik Boy]-each day phase puzzle boy will offer the players a puzzle, if you can solve it before anyone else you will win a big prize.
    [Magatama]-there are 25 magatamas each with a different ability, once per phase, or when you achieves a hidden task, you will get one of them, there are 3 kinds of magatama (Light, neutral, dark) you can't pick twice the same kind of magatama in a row and your alingment and basic win-con mirrors the one of your magatamas (if you have more light, you will be town and will win with the death of all scum, if you have more dark, you will be Scum and you win upon the death of all townies), if anything fails, you win after surviving enough to get your 25 magatamas.

Cycle 1
    Light : [Ankh]- select a player and protect him and yourself for a phase. (can also be acquired if your first quote is a female role player)
    Neutral: [Wadatsuni]- roleblocks a player for the phase (can also be aquired if your first quote is a genderless player)
    Dark:[Mogareth]- you not only becomes immune to roleblocks but can also counter them, your next action can't miss its original target to be used wisely (can also be acquired if your first quote is a male player)

Cycle 2:
    Light: [Lyomatte]-you becomes immune to rolecrush
    Neutral: [Hifumi]- you become bullet proof, your next ability gets amped by a tier.
    Dark:[Shiranui]- throws a fire ball and kill a target, you now is immune to energy based kills.

Cycle 3
    Light: [Narukami]- Roleblock a random number of players for the phase, you are not only immune to energy based kills but can also absorb them (Acquired when you are the direct responsible for the death of a male role)
    Neutral: [Kamudo]- You can perceive anyone who targets you this phase and dodge them, your next skill will be amped by 2 tiers.
    Dark:[Anathena]- you becomes super bullet proof, pick 3 players and one of them will receive a kill at random (can be attained if you kill a player with shiranui)[

Cycle 4
    Light: [Nirvana]- Rolecrushes a player for the phase, you becomes immune to energy based super kills.
    Neutral:[Murakumo]- you are now immune to mind control and lie detection of any short [can also be achieve by roleblocking 3 players]
    Dark: [Miasma]- You can absorb energy based super kills and rolecrushes anyone who target you with such attacks (can be attained if you kill a player with Anathena)

Cycle 5
    Light: [Geis]- receive a life for each 50 posts you make, protects yourself and all town players from any short of action for the phase. (can be achieved by winning the mannik boy prize)
    Neutral:[Djed]- Amp your next skill in 1 tier, amp your current passives in one tier, take all the passives of a player of your choice for a cycle. (can be obtained if you are the responsible for the death of a female player)
    Dark: [Muspell]- control vote and then silence a player of your choice.

Cycle 6
    Light: [Kamurogi]- becomes ultra bullet proof, you will now revenge kill all the kills that target you.
    Neutral:[Gehenna]- becomes immune to energy based ultra kills.
    Dark: [Satan]- Make a player into a generic, choose 3 players and make it impossible for them to vote for you (can be achieved if you lead a wagon that makes someone get lynched)

Cycle 7
    Light: [Adama]- Rolecrushes a random amount of players for a cycle you now is not only immune to energy based ultra kills but can absorb them to make you stronger. (can be achieved after you kill a player with kamurogi)
    Neutral:[Vimana]- You are not just ultra bullet proof but can survive a single Nexus kill
    Dark: [Gundari Myou]-You can now absorb any short of kill,not just energy based ones as what you absorbs is the life force of your enemies. (turn someone into a generic)

Cycle 8
    Light: [Sophia]- You may revive a player of your choice as strong as he would be if he was still alive, you may also debuff a tier of a players passive (ultrabullet proof back to super bullet proof for example)
    Neutral: [Kailash]- you can protect up to 2 players from energy and physical kills repelling them back to the users, you can also super kill a target and kill up to 2 adajacent foes of your choice.
    Dark: [Gaea]- ultra kills all the players in game you want to.

Cycle 9
    [Masakados]-unlocked after you has obtained all the remaining 24 magatamas, you now will become a chaos king and win the game

Win-con: win with the faction your magatamas tell you to, if no faction has won till you've acquired all the magatamas you win the game instead.

26. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

.....what happened? Just what the fuck happened?

Guy playing Bern gets asshurt over something, starts accusing Fang of being scum which he is not, and then just he is killed which also causes another player to die?

Just what the fuck? what the fucking fuck went on here?

:dafuq

27. iwandesu Well-Known Member

Beerus
    You are beerus the God of destruction, you like to live your life peacefully destroying things and eating good food.
    [Wrath of God of destruction]
    -beerus fires a beam of energy and kill his enemy
    [Cataclism orb]-one shot, beerus throws several super kills that targets random players.
    [Hakai]-As God of destruction beerus can remove a player who has "[vote lynch xenos5]" from the game by destroying him into nothingness, this however will put beerus on slumber for a random amount of Cycles, taking away his vote power and Active abilities on this meantime.

Passive
    [Energy nullification]-given his control of God ki, beerus can avoid any energy based attack up to ultra kills.
    [Chopsticks]-given your superior power super kills and roleblocks are not only worthless but you can also roleblock your foes in the process.
    [The balance matters]-You can choose a player at the begginning of the game to become your kaioshin, you will be mansonied to this player and will join him on a private message, when that player dies, you die as well and vice versa.
    [Oracle diviner]- When Goku achieves SSG beerus will instantly know his identity and can decide wether or not Goku will be allowed to join him on a QT as a backup Kaioshin.
    Win-con: As the God of destruction, beerus dont give a flying fuck as long as he lives.

28. iwandesu Well-Known Member

when fang died hitoshura was on a scum indie form. "hitoshura"
    it had 3 dark, a neutral and 2 light magatama.

29. Punchsplosion Nerf Bat Enthusiast

Dear god the abilities. Tons of shit to help our side down the fucking tube.

30. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

Yet his actions did more to help town, he outed a serial killer, his character was neutral and changes on what actions he choose meaning they could easily swing more to town later on in the game.

It does not really matter if he was a certain number of percent leaning towards scum when him being taken out has only done more damage to Town then letting him live.

31. iwandesu Well-Known Member

Kaioshin
    A Kaioshin is the second role and partner of the God of destruction
    Time ring- escape from the gameboard into the void-can be used thrice
    Foresight-can look in the future, investigating certain players
    IT- You can run away from any dimension players lock you in
    win-con survive with beerus

32. iwandesu Well-Known Member

i'm saying it was not a lie

33. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

34. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

And I'm saying it does not matter because regardless of where he stood, him being taken out was a colossal fuck up (and yes, the irony is not lost on me) for town and a massive gain for mafia.

35. Fang Titan

It doesn't matter because the alignment was already showing from earlier when another townie/pro town took a read on me and saw I was pro town then with the main codifier being "neutral survivor indie". So end of the game, he fucked town even harder in the long run and gave some vigfag a free double kill. That's LVP nomination right there if not clenching the award outright with both hands on their balls.

This is literal incompetence.

Their action was likely a knee jerk response to me questioning them and that left me open for scum to take me and Xenos out.

Can't get around that.

36. iwandesu Well-Known Member

how could that monster kill someone who couldn't even defend himself ?
    targetting ??? Klonoa, Pamela, huepow and ??? enter in the void
    X

37. Crimson King Golden Knight

Do we have to lynch someone? If so, I suggest Ratchet Man. He has like 1 post in this thread so far.

38. NostalgiaFan Well-Known Member

Good base to start investigations. I would suggest someone who is town or at least town friendly try to find out his identity so we don't start killing more of our fellow players. Lord knows we need to be careful on who we lynch.:catthinks

39. Unlosing Ranger He's back

Now why would Bern target someone who we knew was attached to Beerus and shown to go after the biggest threat in the game?

40. d180 Member

Perhaps we could lynch the least active or inactive ones first since they haven't contributed much. From there, its a process of elimination.

41. Cooler Active Member

Hyperion is obviously the best choice for a lynch though as a confirmed serial killer.

[Vote Lynch Hyperion]

42. Katsuargi Dakka Dakka

Hyperion has already been systematically ground into fine paste and then eaten by various people you sadistic psychopath.

43. Hachibi Well-Known Member

Should we fully consider Bern as an enemy?

I'm sure Mandrakk isn't the only SK and no scums have died yet iirc :catthinks

44. Threadmark: Goku dies

Hyperion is already completely dead
    The second red truth reaches
    Goku's (cooler) heart, sadly he had no way to survive it.
    X
    No forgiveness

45. Cooler Active Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  46. Threadmark: Goku's role

Goku (DBS)
    Goku is a true town member to the point you have your own Town colour, however his feelings start to wave towards fighting strong opponents

transformations
    - You have a super saiyan 1/2/3 transformations that last for a phase and can each be used only once, by becoming a super saiyan you will receive an extra vote power and bullet proof status, each transformation take this one step ahead (2 extra votes on 2 with super bullet proof)
    100 million zeni- You are actually sponsored by the first and only Mr.Satan, as such you have excellent contacts and will be able to pay his man to investigate up to 10 another players.
    you can pay 10 million to discover a player alingment.
    you can pay 25 million to discover a player role name.
    you can pay 50 million to discover a player win con
    you can pay 100 million to be allowed to role reveal a single player

Zeno Buttom- You are friends with the strongest being in your multiverse and he is ready to destroy anyone who bothers him with a single Nexus kill.

Passive:
    blood of saiyan: you need to fight strong oponents, you can't change a vote till the person who you voted for quotes you.
    win-con- you win after you fought (voted for) all alive players, still wins with town,tho
    hidden-passive
    Super saiyan god- goku will gather one of his friends per phase, by the sixth (night 3) he will be allowed to attain the level of super saiyan god, which makes him super bullet proof and gives him 2 vote power.
    Saiyan beyond God- after you become a super saiyan god you will slowly absorb the god ki till it becomes normal, now you are normally super bullet proof, has a new stock of super saiyans 1-3 and can stack then to your base 2 votes.
    Super saiyan blue-one shot transformation that gives you 6 extra vote power (you can recover this one shot by sacrificing a full slot of your super saiyan transformations if you still have it) and complete immunity to kills, for the cycle.
    Super saiyan blue kaioken 10x- You are apparently insane enough to go over your limits, with this skill you pretty much has 60 of vote power on a game that tops on 20 players, this will turn you into a nexus immune to not just kills but any short of action that targets you, however after using this skill goku no longer is capable of doing anything besides voting on base (can only be used if SSB is being used)

hidden: you are secretely town, you will automatically win when all scum is eliminated​

47. iwandesu Well-Known Member

You guys have around till the end of the phase. (8 hours)

48. DarkTorrent Well-Known Member

Bern is scum

49. DarkTorrent Well-Known Member

and her ability seems to revolve around whatever we say

for example, if someone "lies" about their allignement she can activate her ability on said person, expose him and potentially debuff/kill that person

and even technicalities like being anti-town (thanks to someone else's or his own ability) for the moment but pro-town over all play in Bern's favour

likewise lynching an already dead person also opens a window for Bern to use her ability and kill

so we should try and be more careful about what we say, and keep in mind that even small technicalities can work in Bern's favour

50. Katsuargi Dakka Dakka

In a hypothetical situation, a person who's abilities seem to revolve around truth would thematically have a win condition revolving around the same.

Experimenting with making no directly factual or counterfactual posts via hypotheticals.