1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Ninja Ranks : Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, Kage

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by BehraD, Mar 8, 2010.

1. BehraD → n1 ←

Although many people see the level of Hokage as the best ninja rank, i beg to disagree. If you look at what sarutobi and tsunade does while they are/were hokage, it looks quite boring and very troublesome(LOOK AT ALL THE PAPERWORK!). So what do you think about this? In my opinion, i think Jounin is the rank to be because they get to do all the fighting and missions and also have little genin minions :laugh

2. ソラのシン-사마 ѕєχу кєувℓα∂є мαѕтєя

"best" and "most prestigious" are two very different things.

3. richmass Active Member

Sannin level/ Atatsuki level obviously, they're like kages who still go out and kick ass..

4. Saturnine Escaping the Wood in Vain

Yeah, every member of Akatsuki would be very successful as a Kage. Kisame the Mizukage, oh damnit that would rule.

5. UserRinnegan Rinnegan

Every rank has some bad and good things.

6. GCokes Densetsu no Sannin

Sannin Level/Akatsuki isn't a rank. It's a phrase we've created to gauge someone's power. These are the only ninja ranks: Academy Student, Genin, Chunin, Tokubetsu Jonin, Jonin, Kage

7. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

The Kage-level ninja who aren't Kage get it best. Kakashi's probably gonna hate all that paperwork when he gets back to Konoha, though. :lmao

8. Amrun Doesn't want a Custom Title

Both of these.

Also, maybe chuunin is best because there's less pressure on you, you're less likely to die, and you don't have to deal with genin brats. :datass

9. Zerst?ren Into the Shitstorm

Yes it would. Akatsuki members as Kages is the best thing that could happen to the ninja system.

10. Amrun Doesn't want a Custom Title

Oh, you guys! :tomaflirt

What a fucked up world that would be. Imagine Deidara as Tsuchikage. He'd blow the whole world up! :lmao

11. Forlong Rating: Awesome

Hey, being a Kage is like being in the Jedi Console. You have to coordinate these you are in charge of to keep them from getting killed. Thanks for missing the point of leadership.
    :facepalm

12. Amrun Doesn't want a Custom Title

Yeah, but you don't get to kill shit so it's BORING! :LOS

Seriously speaking, though, that is a lot of stressful responsibility.

13. BehraD → n1 ←

Pein can beat any hokage , and we see naruto Beat him , why gave hokage title to most poor ppl in konoha

Cuz of Age?

14. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

Lawl...

"Kisame, what is your first act as Hokage?"
    "Everyone must fight to the death! Only the survivors may call themselves Kirigakure ninja!"

"Sasori, what is your first act as Kazekage?"
    "I want one person brought to me each week as a sacrifice, to increase my puppet collection."

"Deidara, what is your first act as Tsuchikage?"
    "Let's orchestrate a beautiful piece of art! Blow the fuck out of everything, right now!"

15. Amrun Doesn't want a Custom Title

Kisame: is leader of exactly three ninja for one week. Gets annoyed and shaves their heads off.

Sasori: kills his entire Council when they are late for a meeting.

Deidara: fails at blowing up the world because he blows up Iwa first and no one is left to help him.

16. Samurai G Kick-Ass!

Tobi and Itachi for Kages of Konohagakure!

17. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

I'm not sure having Madara as the Hokage is a great idea. He'd probably kill all non-Uchiha. :lmao

18. BehraD → n1 ←

we have Speak about power , tell me one of hokage's can stand on battle with madara ?? w/o Senju

19. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

That's a bit of a pointless question, don't you think? He has selective intangibility, so he's basically invincible. The only way someone could defeat him is if they had faster reflexes than him, or if they could disrupt his chakra itself (as I assume Hashirama did).

20. bug_ninja Bug

Having a Kage sitting on a desk signing papers prevents other villages form attacking, do you still think it's insignificant.

21. Maerala Scribbled Paper

Being Hokage is a shit. 100% proved by 2/3 Sannin. :hmpf

22. richmass Active Member

So what would the ninja of Konoha refer to the sannin as..

23. Amrun Doesn't want a Custom Title

Technically, they would refer to them as Jounin, back in the day, and now, only one is left and she is/was Hokage.

But in reality, they refer to them as "Sannin". :p

24. Bathroom_Mop Icha Icha Paradise Distributor

Deidara would be a crazy Kage. Imagine if someone attacks his village. He'd probably end up blowing up the whole village to kill the guy, laugh a little, and fly off into the sunset thinking about how beautiful his art was

25. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

Lawl... He would totally just blow people up with his microscopic clay bombs if they didn't do as he ordered them to. :lmao

26. Aster The Megalomaniac Loneliness Can Be This Bad?

What? Are you sure you're not using someone else's account? The irony in your username. lolololololololol

The best rank is Kage. You get to slack off while ordering other ninjas to do missions. Paperwork is overrated by Tsunade, really. In one scene she was stamping all the papers until she ran out.

The best situation, albeit the worst course the world could offer, in which a Kage could shine is Waaaaaaaarrrrrr. Why battle one or two guys when you could spearhead a mission to annihilate hundreds, manhandle tailed beasts and invade villages. ALL your ninjas are belong to you by then.

This is why Kakashi got over his head in the Third Shinobi War. Minato wasn't Kage and maybe even if he was, he won't be strict enough. A true Kage would've smack Kakashi to shut the fuck up and do as he's told.

A TRUE KAGE DOES NOT LET SOME LOWBIE NINJA CHALLENGE HIS AUTHORITY, BE IT IF THE NINJA JUST GOT PROMOTED JONIN OR THE NINJA HAS A TAILED BEAST SEALED WITHIN.

27. Maerala Scribbled Paper

:-(

Filler. :hehee

28. Aster The Megalomaniac Loneliness Can Be This Bad?

loldamn, why are fillers so vividly painted in my head? lol

The only two weaknesses that the current Kage system exhibit is the lack of knowledge of the outside world and the lack of preparations for replacement. They're not constantly travelling and learning, perhaps only getting spoonfed from their subordinates.

They should have like, a de facto Kage and rotate when necessary.

29. Maerala Scribbled Paper

They get mission reports, and that's why the councils favor ninja around the age of the Sannin over someone like Kakashi, who's thirty, because they have extensive knowledge of the shinobi world, have participated in full wars (Kakashi started as a kid and ended while he was still a kid), have taken part in major battles, and have contacts all throughout the world.

30. Aster The Megalomaniac Loneliness Can Be This Bad?

Still Gaara and Yagura prevailed, 'cos the oldies ain't got no dibs on those two AND DO NOT SAY THAT YAGURA WAS A MIDGET!:C

:ano

31. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

X? :zaru

32. Aster The Megalomaniac Loneliness Can Be This Bad?

Keywords: "pretty sure"

You obviously haven't heard of kings and queens spearheading the frontlines back in the days. If Kage is so damn important to the village's security, why would the villages let their Kage to go a meeting at some land far off, instead of a meeting in one of the villages so that at least one village could be defended?

And who says you can't spearhead an army, THEN at some point go into camp to discuss military tactics? Warlords do that all the time with few exceptions.

33. Yagura ♥ ≠ ∞

I knew that was coming :ano

34. Fatback Banned

Minions are sweet.. But genin are little more than human shields.. Kages have jounin as minions.. I'd rather be kage

35. Maerala Scribbled Paper

Impartiality and objectivity. The Kages don't trust each other (especially the Raikage, the one who called the meeting to order). The meeting had to be held in a neutral setting.

36. Aster The Megalomaniac Loneliness Can Be This Bad?

I know, I'm just showing that the villages can afford their Kage wandering off to Switzerland. Still, since they're having a summit, it's better to be at one villages to defend it rather than none of the five IF, they are worried about security.

37. Grep Kids love Grep

The Hokage's real job is what Minato did against Madara and Kyuubi, and what Sarutobi did against Oro. Protecting the village with your own life.

Sarutobi brought it up when he said the entire village is his 'important person'.

Addtionally the Hokage represents the village.

38. Senkou Valar Dohaeris

The higher the rank, the more responsibility comes with it. Whether that is putting your life on the line, watching/taking kids under your wing, or paperwork.

So, I would have to say that Chuunin is the best rank to be in. You don't have a whole lot of responsibility and you are still greatly respected by the people in the village. Hey, thats probably why Iruka isn't a Jounin still.

39. Brainsucker Just Ordinary People

I think we should make "who is stronger" and the military rank in Konoha as different matter. the Genin, Chuunin, Jounin and Kage should be considered as Military Rank. The purpose is not to determined who is stronger but to determined the authority, wages, the difficulty of the mission, and leadership.

Of course, it is only the best who can promoted to jounin rank. But even among the Jounin, there is someone better than the other. While the Kage, as the leader of military power usually taken by the best Jounin in the village.

Elders are just old people who are respected by the youth, while Sannin is the title that is given to Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade because of their battle in the Ninja War. But, they are all Jounin.

40. Judecious Active Member

41. BehraD → n1 ←

i can't even imagine , Don't take easy its FUCKING EMS

i know that's all

but they must replace Elder with new generation

42. Turrin 玄武

There is no real Kage Rank. The best rank i would say is being a Legendary Jounin aka a Jounin who has accumulated a great deal of fame from his feats of skill. This Rank is very broad though and there are of course Jounnin even more Legendary then other Jounnin who are also considered Legendary, but overall this would be the best rank

43. Lahickson blades of truth

i never really looked at kage as a rank as its more of a title then a rank. out of all the villages there is only 5. the highest rank a ninja can be a a juunin, the only known titles is a kage and a sennin(sage), while atakasui level shinobi you can call a level since they require you to be of a certain level or skill.

44. Malv213 Crypt Fiend

What about Hidan?

Dear lord. Though I suppose you guys are talking about the ones that come from bigger villages.

45. biar Active Member

Sarutobi and Tsunade have gone trough tougher shit during their younger days in comparison with modern day jounins.

46. zlatko Collapse Sakanade

The hokage job isn't boring they can chose to fight if they want they do the best mision A and S rank misions