1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

NFL Discussion Thread Version 2.0 -Can't spell Elite w/o Eli - Part 3

Discussion in 'American Football' started by Tazmo, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulTaker The Ever Living

The Steelers, Vikings, and Eagles are having the best drafts thus far. The Steelers are basically rebuilding their O-Line in a single draft. Vikings are wheeling dealing and making great picks. The Eagles got maybe the most value out of their first 3 picks. I don't understand Foles but maybe Reid sees something.

2. Nic .

I don't see the problem with Foles. The dude is accurate.

3. Sahyks Active Member

Is Brock Osweiler still on the board?

Edit: I'm so happy that I got to see Punter highlights last night in the early third. :iria

4. Parallax Raspberry Beret Moderator

taken in the 2nd round by the Broncos

5. Nic .

Osweiller over Foles makes no freaken sense to me and i've seen so many pac 12 games here.

6. Sahyks Active Member

Alright, I was honestly still expecting him to be on the board. 6'7 for a QB is huge.

I'm surprised at the Rams first fourth round pick, some WR that's only 5'11 is such an iffy call. None of the WR's we draft in the Mid-rounds end up working for us. =/ Hopefully Givens can speed by everyone in the NFL like he did in college because he's gonna need to have something special in order to be a help.

7. Eikichi Onizuka Pimp Zoro

So the Redskins pick another QB......umm why and if Cousins beats out RG3 is that the funniest thing ever

8. Nightwish &#32

Redskins in full retard mode.

9. Parallax Raspberry Beret Moderator

It doesn't hurt to have one just for the sake of backup

but yeah that was a bit silly. It's not like the Skins are known for their great drafting skills.

10. Rhythmic- ɹɥʎʇɥɯıɔ-

I'm guessing people don't remember how bad Beck and Grossman are. :lmao

Skins fans are divided on this one tho. We basically just spent 3 1sts, a 2nd, and a 4th on 2 QBs. Personally I'm all for it. If this means Beck and Grossman will never see the field ever again, then I'm all for it.

11. Nightwish &#32

Traded away a shit load of draft picks to get a QB

Need more weapons for that QB and a better OL

Draft another QB

Redskins :distracted

12. Shark Skin The Heart[broken]

The Redskins will use Cousins in a 2 QB set to take all the hits RGIII should. Just as planned:quite

13. Keino-kun Spawn of a God

Panthers pick up Joe Adams :wtf

:lmao redskins

14. Nightwish &#32

Loving our draft picks. :del

15. Immortal The Underdog?

The Redskins are retarded. I'm happy with the Patriots so far for the most part.

16. Vice Redeemed

You guys do realize Rex Grossman is the backup, right?

This way they're just making sure they have a contingency plan in case one of the two ends up a bust.

17. Lord Genome Spiral King

Steelers have done everything i could ask at this point. Fix the Oline, get a nose tackle and get a linebacker to groom

soo happy

18. Dracule Mihawk Untouchable

Steelers and Eagles superbowl incoming.

19. Parallax Raspberry Beret Moderator

Didn't everyone say the same thing about the Eagles last year :|

20. Dracule Mihawk Untouchable

Much different offseason. Everything is coming together.

Last offseason was talent but no chemistry

21. Nightwish &#32

22. Parallax Raspberry Beret Moderator

I'll believe it when I see it.

23. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

T.Y. Hilton playing alongside Andrew Luck. As an alum I'm glad FIU is representing :datass

Speaking of being an alum, my other school, the "U" was well represented with Vernon and Miller being drafted by the Dolphins.

24. Kisame3rd14 Active Member

My former favorite safety Adrian Wilson put it great, "Tebow a top 100 player of 2012"? "No way".

Its making me sick to my stomach that he is still winning popularity awards due to college performace. As much as I dislike Cam as a quarterback, I'm no bafoon he deff diserves to be on this list but I know I will be appalled by players he is put above.

As far as my boy Calvin goes he should be top 5, I know most of those spots are reserved for Qbs but let's be real he enabled Stafford to reach 5k.

25. beads Jet Life

That list didn't have Eli Manning on it last year. That pretty much says it all about that list.

26. Vice Redeemed

If anyone should feel disrespected, it's Tony Romo for being compared to that no-throwing asshole.

27. Gabe Murim Grand Master

as i cowboy fan i understand the hate romo gets he disappointing some times he need more playoff wins to get respect imo

28. Kisame3rd14 Active Member

Strongly disagree.

Strongly agree.

29. Newbologist &#803

Well Ray Lewis was number 3 last year so calvin in the top 5 wouldn't be a surprise.

30. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

I'm surprised Moore was signed by the Lions recently. His height doesn't bother me, but I'm kinda shocked that was the first undrafted free agent they'd go after.

31. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

Been busy and am just now checking the rest of the draft results. 1-4 for us I feel were just perfect. After that it got a little sketchy. I don't think we needed another RB at all. I think that was a pretty big waste. Should have been used for defense IMO. A safety, LB or DE. The WR we picked up isn't too bad since we really only have 4 WR's I can think of assuming Wallace definitely comes back to us.

I don't think we needed a TE either. So that could have been used on another defensive player to try and groom. After that was a CB and a T which I have no problem with. So we had a great 1-4 which is basically the meat of it all. After that it was meh IMO. Of course we did get Antonio Brown late in the draft so it isn't unheard of for us to find some gems there. I just think there were FAR more important positions for us than RB :/

32. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Figures Herm Edwards would give the Dolphins a C+ essentially on the first pick alone. I don't see the Dolphins starting Tannehill early on. But if they start off poorly, there's always the opportunity of him coming in mid way through the season.

33. Superman Man of Steel

Jaguars-F soley on that fucking Punter Pick...FIRE GENE SMITH!

34. Lord Genome Spiral King

Cyphon we needed a runnih back for this year with mendy out. Can't just rely on redman full time

Plus hes supposed to be really fast. Low round runningbacks are the best since if they bust it's not a big deal

And Heath miller is our only tight end I think so we neded another one

35. WolfPrinceKiba WPKO OUTTA NOWHERE!

I could forgive him not being in the top 100 last year if the list didn't have fucking Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

Only a hater would say the three QBs I named above deserved to be on the list more than Eli. Would be funny if Rivers terrible season last year makes it so he doesn't make the list this year but Tebow does:LOS

Oh and if any WR should be in the top 5 its Fitz. Fourth most receiving yards in the league despite mediocre QB play, little other offensive threats and on top of that the Cards faced the strongest division defensively(AFC North) as well as the 49ers twice.

36. Nic .

Cowboys will win the NFC East, that's right I said it. :vegetant

37. Lord Genome Spiral King

Will they win a playoff game :maybe

38. Parallax Raspberry Beret Moderator

they won't even make the playoffs

39. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

We have Redman, Clay, Batch and Dwyer as well as like 3 or 4 others I haven't even heard of listed on our roster.

I don't see where we needed to add in another RB. Especially when there are better places to fill in.

Outside of the ones listed they probably could have just got an FA or brought Moore back.

IIRC we have David Johnson and Wesley Saunders. Knock on wood but Miller has been fairly injury proof for us so I don't see the need for a TE over other positions.

40. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

why, you expecting the Redskins to win out? :maybe

41. Masai &#32

I'm very happy with this draft. Considering we didn't have a second round pick we came out pretty well. We got out dynamic duo at WR, our Richard Marshall replacement, a new RT, some youth to develop along the o-line, i couldn't have asked for much more. Of course this is all useless until the games start, but at least on paper it couldn't have been much better.

42. Lord Genome Spiral King

Half of those RB sound like bums but i stand corrected

and Saunders got released a while ago. I dont know if we still have Johnson.

Really the point is, with those picks as low as they were its not a big deal. Finding studs in the lower rounds is easier with RB WR etc because of how hard it is to predict those positions more so than defensive one(there are exceptions of course)

everything we needed we adressed so im extremley happy with this draft. I dont remember the last one we had that was this good

43. Nic .

lol no we won't.

44. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

They may be bums but not based off of what I have heard. Batch had alot of buzz before getting injured. Dwyer has already had some nice runs for us even though he has never had the chance at any real role and Clay scored a TD the first time he ever touched the ball for us. There is a lot of potential in what we have.

They still have them both listed on multiple sites.

Don't get me wrong. The first 4 were about as good as it gets. Still, there are some places where I see depth (at least long term) as an issue we should start considering. Clark and Troy won't be around forever and Troy has taken some injuries plenty of times. I really don't like Mundy much as pretty much the only notable backup. So we definitely could have used something at Safety. Unless I am missing some names of course.

DE I am not that worried about because we have a young guy on each side but still, grooming an extra there couldn't hurt. The same goes for LB. Harrison has a backup but on Woodleys side he is technically the only LB we got.

It isn't a big deal because they were the later rounds. I still think they could have been used better though.

45. Immortal The Underdog?

Wish the Patriots selected a RB at some point, but hopefully we'll add a guy or two to our rotation in FA and Ridley will show some growth.

Pretty happy with their draft selections though.

46. Lord Genome Spiral King

cyphon i really like Adams after reading this
    X

47. SoulTaker The Ever Living

Personally I feel like the Steelers and Eagles completely rocked the draft. The Eagles got the best fits but the Steelers got the absolute highest value of any team in the draft.

Really pisses me off the Giants fucked up in the first round because they got rattled. Everyone can sit there and be like "I trust Reese" but that doesn't mean he didn't fuck up. How do you draft the third running back in an average class in the first round. No one had him as a first round grade, atleast fucking trade back then. I would have been ok with Stephen Hill if they didn't like any of the tackles. And even then to not address the position until the 4th round is just head scratching.

Atleast we didn't overpay for a prospect who can't tie his own shoes or read so good.

48. Parallax Raspberry Beret Moderator

A lot of teams actually did really well in the draft from the looks of it, I hope this translates to great games in the next season.

49. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Based on the QB play from last year, having a player that can help you in field positioning will come in handy :hehee

If Henne doesn't win the starting job then someone up there in Jax has a screw loose.

50. Vice Redeemed

You are the worst fan ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.