1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

New Official DBZ Power Levels

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Doommaker, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Doommaker The Enigma

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but apparently, V-Jump has posted the official power levels of Gogeta, Broly, and Cooler.

Gogeta: 2.5 billion
    Broly: 1.4 billion
    Cooler: 470 million

That should end some speculation on their relative power levels. Interesting information.

Source: X

2. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Who cares, anyways?
    Powerlevels are only good for telling who's the stronger in DB.
    They're completely useless for anything else.
    Worse, these are non-canon DB characters who are rarely featured in the OBD nowadays.
    It's good we have a probably official statement on some other DB characters' power but that's all.

3. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

I've seen these before. They're basically made up by the magazine with no involvement from Toriyama.

And like Willyvereb said, it's not like they actually mean anything anyway.

4. HeavyMetalThunder Active Member

official? Even the ones from the databook are often contested, let alone a bunch of power levels (regarding non canon characters) made up by a magazine.

5. Doommaker The Enigma

It's still interesting information to know, especially for DBZ fans like me. Who knew that Gogeta was nearly twice as strong as Broly? Before there was speculation about whether they were close to each other in strength or not.

Sure, they may not mean much in the grander scheme of things within the OBD, but I just thought it was pretty interesting to know.

6. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Before, there was a speculation if Broly even matches up to SSJ2 level.
    So yeah, that 1.4 bill PL would actually make him stronger than he's considered in the OBD.
    Only in DB vs DB debates, though.
    Powerlevels are almost meaningless for fights that aren't in-universe.

7. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Not really. Even considering the movie continuity, these power levels don't make much sense.

First of all, if we assume the 470 million is referring to Cooler's 5th form, that's a pretty big boost from 100% Frieza's 120 million. I mean it's stated Cooler is stronger than Frieza, but I don't think he was implied to be that much stronger. Then we have the fact that Goku in SSJ1 was easily dominating him, meaning Goku's PL was even higher, which is, again, a pretty large boost from his 150 million on Namek. SSJ2 is a 2x multiplier, so they're saying that between the end of the Frieza saga and this movie (where IIRC it was implied Goku hadn't even learned to properly control his SSJ1 transformation or use it at will yet) he has gotten stronger than a SSJ2 powerup would have given him.

The Broly one is equally problematic. If we can say that SSJ1 Goku when he fought Cooler was at least 470 million (had to be higher, but this is to show that even using the lowest values possible it doesn't make sense), and if he didn't get any stronger between that movie and the Broly movie, then 4 SSJ1s would total in excess of 1.88 billion, yet Broly was taking them on (plus Piccolo) without breaking a sweat. You could say that 1 stronger character can beat multiple weaker characters even if their combined PLs exceed his, but I doubt it would be this casual.

The Gogeta one is the worst though. Assuming they're talking about movie 12 Gogeta, then even if we say SSJ1 Goku wasn't any stronger than Cooler, and he didn't improve at all between that movie and movie 12, the SEG multipliers say that at SSJ2 he should have been 940 million, and at SSJ3 3.76 billion. Yet Janemba was beating on SSJ3 Goku, and Gogeta owned Janemba. So these PLs not only don't make sense, but they are not even consistent with themselves.

Why did I waste so much time analyzing this? I don't know, boredom I guess.

8. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

the SEG multipliers would only apply to the manga AFAIK, but that doesn't change the fact that these numbers feel hilariously off

Gogeta only being nearly twice as strong as Broly, lol

9. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

The only one of these that can make sense is Broly's. Cooler being 4 times as strong as Freeza and Gogeta being less than 2 times as strong as Broly is lolwtf.

(I have actually made speculative power level lists before for my own amusement, and the Broly power level given here matches my speculation pretty well :zaru)

Cooler's is weird as well, since SSJ Goku stomped him in the movie. It feels unlikely that Goku improved his SSJ power level from 150M to somewhere around or over 500M during his training in Yadrat.

10. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

Goku might have gotten a zenkai from his injury, though maybe not to the extent that the V-Jump shit shows

zenkais are HIGHLY variable

11. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Yeah but they seemed to become kind of useless or too low to be worth it after the Cell saga.

12. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

well, good thing the Cooler movie didn't take place anywhere near that arc :zaru

it was just right after a time where zenkais were still a big thing

13. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

To be honest in the canon manga there was more inane things involving powerlevels.
    Like how over the course of a year everyone became multiple times stronger than Piccolo Jr. from pre-timeskip.
    While technically they were previously training for years with no such a dramatic effect.
    And that's just Saiyan Saga.
    Namek was a far worse offender with characters in the low 10k going as far as 150 million in power.
    How long it took them? About a few months at best.
    TFS Vegeta sums up my thoughts the best:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ[/YOUTUBE]

14. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

I think the last time Zenkai was mentioned in canon was with Cell reaching Super Perfect power.
    The last time it was mentioned for an actual saiyan was with Freeza saga Goku and Vegeta.

The extent of Zenkai might have to do with how badly you get beaten.

15. Mahesvara 

How the hell they get those numbers? :geg

16. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

17. Saitomaru Grade C- Lurker

Guessing, and random nonsensical powerscaling.

18. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

The same way as Toriyama did.
    Just made up a number that sounded cool.
    Toriyama later didn't use numerical values for powerlevels because they made no sense.
    He had more than enough awareness to notice it.
    DBZ fantards on the other hand...
    :maybe

19. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

No because the numbers were getting too big, he still followed the "my ki/energy is bigger than yours so I can stomp you with my superior stats" thing. He kept techs that could negate those like destructo disc, spirit bomb, Tien's most powerful tech etc but overall the concept remained.

These are not official power levels, no official power levels are given post Frieza saga outside suppressed Trunks 5. It's not interesting because it contributes nothing, it's not official.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. Unlosing Ranger FAKE! FAKE!

21. HeavyMetalThunder Active Member

Actually Toryiama tried again in buu saga measuring the power in "kili", but he dropped it after buu's awekening.

22. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Man, talk about useless power levels. The only one's people really care about knowing are the buu's, and thats only because it would finally put an end to the "which buu is greater then the other" debates."

23. cnorwood Active Member

these combat powers are from a budokai 3 promo from v-jump. far from official.

24. KaiserWombat Moderator Moderator

Billions for Gogeta would be laughably low, just going by common sense

The strongest form of Broly being only half as weak as the weakest form of Gogeta, that's simply a bad joke. Broly would be lucky to rank amongst decent SSjin 2-level fighters at his best.

25. Doommaker The Enigma

Broly was owning Adult Gohan in the 2nd movie IIRC though, in addition to Trunks and Goten. Although he probably received a powerup at that time since it's been seven years since the Z fighters first fought Broly. Broly would be stronger than your average SSJ2.

I guess Gogeta's power level should be much higher than what is listed, but whatever. Cooler's power level doesn't seem too odd imo, cuz IIRC he was laying the beatdown on SSJ Goku in his Final Form, and Goku only won due to a PIS burst of power (I guess?).

26. Dario Brando Hajikelist

No, Cooler was beating on Base Goku. SS Goku took a punch to the stomach without flinching, tanked a ki blast without flinching, and shot Cooler's best attack back at him.

Did we watch the same movie?

(Also, i think it's amusing people say Saiyajin instead of Saiyan, yet don't refer to Cooler as Coola, Vegeta as Bejita, or Kakarot as Kakkarotto. Where is the line drawn with these translations?)

27. Toriko Dangalang King Piccolo

These are non canon PL's anyway.

28. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

The manga makes that pretty obvious - Super Buu w/Gohan absorbed is the strongest.

29. KaiserWombat Moderator Moderator

He's more considering Kid Buu - unaltered Super Buu - Fat Buu, I suspect.

Which is certainly more ambiguous to decipher, but is generally accepted as: unaltered Super Buu > Kid Buu >/= unaltered Fat Buu

30. HeavyMetalThunder Active Member

Kid buu is undoubtedly stronger than fat buu. It was even stated that if they fought long enough, fat buu would've died, along with Vegeta.

31. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

That was actually Mr. Buu, who was weaker than the original Fat Buu due to expelling the evil Buu.

32. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

I do remember Goku specifically stating that even after Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks and Goten where removed from Super Buu, neither him nor Vegeta could defeat Super Buu on their own. Whereas against Kid Buu Goku did relatively well until the SSJ3 energy loss hit him - furthermore, he was actually willing to take the risk of fighting him solo, which he never wanted to do against Super Buu.

33. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Exactly. The "which Buu is stronger" debate isn't really a debate at all, if you read the manga and pay attention.

34. KaiserWombat Moderator Moderator

Most of the issue comes from posters who have only seen the anime in any great detail, and try to apply that medium's events as appropriate context: Kid Buu is almost undoubtedly superior to unalerted Super Buu in that version, but then anime Kid Buu is also shown in a flashback to have damaged a galaxy so badly that it was completely deilluminated, so yeah.

As a branch from that train of thought, when those posters do get around to reading the manga version, they try to justify their stance by various means, mostly through the argument that Goku was referring to his and Vegeta's miniature sizes or the fact that they're stuck within Buu's own body (natural home advantage).

35. Expelsword RPG Lover

The way I always viewed it was that Kid Buu was a bit weaker, but lacked any kind of restraint, so he was still most deadly.

Anyway, maybe that Gogeta powerlevel refers to base Gogeta while Broly's is for LSS?

36. Captain Dupe Banned

in all probability Goku @ End of Series is approx 100 Quadrillion.

37. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Was mostly referring to fat buu vs evil buu vs kid buu.

38. Expelsword RPG Lover

What the hell?
    That's ridiculously huge.

You mean to tell me Goku is a BILLION times stronger than Frieza?

39. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

I think he was joking...

40. Reznor Administrator Administrator

Disclaimer: These are made up, thus not useful in-universe, and power levels aren't useful intra-universe.

Furthermore, if we accept everything, then we don't have a strong enough tie between their DBZ tiers + fighting ability vs. scope of attacks and abilities, as their are people that act far outside the scope seen by their PL contemporaries, such as Roshi, Brolly, allegedly Vegeta and anime Super Buu.

Frieza's power is kind of wacky. Frieza himself is orders of magnitude stronger that himself in nerfed forms.

If you consider that Cooler has a whole transformation over Cooler and that this is only a half magnitude difference, it kind of seems too little of a difference - though, Frieza as being more than powerful enough for the 4th form and Cooler just barely achieving 5th form, it would make sense.

There's an alleged x2 multiplier between a Saiyan capable of SSJ2 being in SSJ1 vs. the same Saiyan in SSJ2.

Ascended Super Saiyan is frequently confused with SSJ2 (thanks to the dub, which directly equates them).
    Ascended Super Saiyan is the form that Vegeta and Trunks were in when they emerged from the RoSaT. Ultra Super Saiyan was the form that Trunks powered up to when fighting Cell, which sacked Speed for Strength.

There's actually a bigger gap between SSJ1 and Full Power SSJ or Ascended SSJ than there is between either of them and SSJ2.

IIRC, it was a canon discussion when Goku warned Vegeta that even if his power had tripled, he'd still have no chance against Imperfect Cell. Vegeta scoffed at this. Given that Goku had meet Cell just a bit before, Vegeta proved himself right and how soundly low grade SSJ were beat by the Androids yet how soundly ASSJ man-handled Imperfect Cell, I'd say this was demostrated.

I thought Veggito was a bit more powerful, in terms of just fighting ability.

41. Reznor Administrator Administrator

Most problem with that is the Anime's fault, as in the anime SSJ3 Goku implies that he could beat Piccolo Buu, but in manga he just says that Gohan can beat him.

42. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

Goku says the same thing in the anime, actually, at least in the original jap version

43. Reznor Administrator Administrator

Ah. Movies and special are most of my exposure to the anime. Not very knowledgably on the original japanese anime.

44. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

The Kid Buu vs Super Buu is'nt a debate based on Goku being scared of one and holding out against the other for a while. But Toriyama did deliberately confuse fans, introducing the concept of Kais weakening Buu and that one statement about how Buu was getting stronger as he went to Buff to Kid. Plus kid Buu holding back the Genki dama for a while?

Not trying to start that shitstorm but just saying.

45. Saitomaru Grade C- Lurker

That misconception has forced me into so many debates its not even funny.:notrust Do you know who many times I have had to explain the difference between Kid Buu being the most dangerous and Super Buu being the strongest? I think I still have the mark from all those facepalms...

46. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Genki Danma has failed against EVERYONE but Kid Buu.
    By that reasoning, Kid Buu only able to momentarily resist that attack makes him weaker than Frieza.
    Genki Danma was just so hyped up that people conveniently forget this.
    Also it was an attack which might be considered Buu's nemesis.

Anyways, I think the strongest basis of the Kid Buu > Super Buu originates from the sheer fact that the final villain is usually the strongest one. Especially something with so linear powerscaling as Dragon Ball. DBZ was a fairly popular TV show on which millions of kids grew up. Many of the "fans" only saw just portion of the series and only once thus their memories are muddled. They also confuse the things they heard from others with their own experiences, resulting to false memory.

That's the real base of the Kid Buu being the strongest Buu belief. People just failed to take attention to the details.

There's also the other more delusional category who are adamant to prove the other wrong. They're just the victims of the ill effects of losing a debate.
    Debates were originally made to prove one's superiority over the other. To gain control.
    Winning a debate was like (and still like) winning a competition.
    It is about proving your side right while disproving the opposition.
    That's why we occasionally (or more often) face people with bullshit claims.
    They aren't interested in the "truth". They only want to beat the opposition, be at any cost.

47. cnorwood Active Member

I kind of figured his ki went down then back up. And like others said it should be obvious that super boo>kid Boo because Goku was scared of Super Boo before he knew his size was a problem, and he thought he could take on kid boo before he knew his regen was a problem. Genki dama is kind of too hyped, heavily depowered vegeta survived, Freiza survived with no real injuries (at least it didnt decrease his battle power), and kid Boo held it off for a while.

EDIT:Ninja'd kind of

48. Saitomaru Grade C- Lurker

I literally JUST finished debating with one such person. He ended up calling me a few choice expletives and gave up under the pretext that I was the one who wasn't listening to reason.:notrust

49. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

This was a Genki dama from everyone on Earth plus the Z fighters which includes Gohan and others. It's more powerful than any previous Genki dama.

Super Buu>Kid buu still.

50. Kirin 30000000 Banned

BUU SAGA POWER

1. Fat Boo fights SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta, who was equal to SSjin 2 Goku, and crushes him. Vegeta resorts to self-destructing because he?s so far below Boo and sees no other choice. We?ve got this so far:

Fat Boo > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 465 (DBZ 271), P7.1-2
    Context: after Vegeta blasts a hole through Boo?s chest
    Boo: ?That hurt...a little bit...hehehe..."
    Vegeta: "...Are you immortal?..."

Chapter: 466 (DBZ 272), P1.3
    Context: after Boo?s big attack that makes a crater
    Vegeta: "...Wh-what the?...Ridiculous; he?s st-strong, and to top it off immortal too...Damn it all..."

Chapter: 466 (DBZ 272), P2.3
    Piccolo: ?Even Ve-Vegeta absolutely can?t scratch that thing..."

Chapter: 467 (DBZ 273), P1.2-3
    Trunks: ?N-no! We?ll fight too! You?ll be killed on your own, papa! We?ll definitely be able to defeat him if we 3 do it together!"
    Vegeta: ?It?s no use...No matter how many of us go at him...Not if we fight in the ordinary way..."

Chapter: 469 (DBZ 275), P5.1
    Piccolo: ?Just as Kaioshin feared, Majin Boo?s strength surpasses our imagination...If we leave him alone like this, then without a doubt all life on not merely the Earth, but throughout the entire universe will be wiped out..."

Chapter: 469 (DBZ 275), P5.6-7
    Goku: ?Damn it! If either Vegeta or Gohan were alive, maybe we could have managed something..."
    Piccolo: "...No, it probably wouldn?t matter how many people went at him...He wasn?t at that level..."

Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P10.7
    Context: after Goten and Trunks question Goku?s power and Piccolo gets mad
    Goku: ?It?s alright, Piccolo...I really am weak. It don?t look like I can beat Majin Boo, not even a little bit."

2. SSjin 3 Goku stalls Boo so Trunks can get the Dragon Radar. When Goku returns to the Lookout, he tells Piccolo he ?probably? couldn?t have beaten Boo. Piccolo is visibly skeptical, but for now, we?ve got this:

Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P10.5-8
    Piccolo: ?Goku...There?s something I want to ask you while I?ve got the chance...[ ] ...That Super Saiyan 3 thing earlier...if you had gone all-out, wouldn?t you have been able to defeat Majin Boo?...How about it, am I wrong?"
    Goku: ?Nah, I don?t know...When it comes to Majin Boo?s strength, it?s like a lie...I think that I probably couldn?t have won..."

3. Goku introduces Fusion and states twice that if the boys perfect it, they?ll definitely be able to beat Boo. The boys could only go SSjin, so that?s what Goku assumed they?d beat Boo with, otherwise he would have stated they could beat him even without the use of the form. Also, he tells Piccolo he told Boo a stronger fighter than him would come in 2 days; he never actually told this to Boo, but Piccolo doesn?t know that. Now we have:

SSjin Gotenks > Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
    Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
    Goku: ?With these two, if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they?ll definitely be able to defeat him within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme."

Chapter: 477 (DBZ 283), P11.8
    Context: Chi-Chi thinks Goten will get killed by Boo
    Goku: ?Don?t worry. If he perfects the technique he?s trying now, he definitely ain?t gonna lose."

4. Goku leaves and the boys finally get Fusion right. Gotenks forms in Base first, and right away Piccolo tells him he?s not strong enough to even think about beating Boo. Gotenks cockily disobeys Piccolo and leaves to fight Boo, but returns after a prompt butt-kicking, cementing Piccolo?s statement. Although he gets his butt kicked, he was confident in fighting Boo, and Krillin and Yamcha also seemed to think he stood a chance. In order for Gotenks to feel confident, he would have to be comfortably ahead of SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta and Goku. We have:

SSjin Gotenks > Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > Base Gotenks > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 480 (DBZ 286), P11.4-5
    Context: after Piccolo says to try Fusion again, as Super Saiyans
    Gotenks: ?Hehhehheh...Aren?t you underestimating me? Like this, I?m more than enough to defeat Majin Boo."
    Piccolo: ?Yo-you idiot! What are you saying?! You don?t know anything about Majin Boo?s fearsomeness! No matter how incredible you may be, at that level there?s still absolutely no way you?d be able to win!"

Chapter: 480 (DBZ 286), P12.5
    Context: After Gotenks takes off, saying he?ll beat Boo
    Kuririn: ?He-he?s pretty haughty, but just maybe he re-really will be able to take care of [Boo]..."
    Yamcha: ?Ye-yeah...He sure seemed pretty confident..."

Chapter: 480 (DBZ 286), P13.2-3
    Context: after Gotenks returns from fighting Boo
    Gotenks: ?I got the tar beaten out of me..."
    Piccolo: ?Alright, your fight with Majin Boo is 1 day from now! Until then, train as much as you can! If you get even a little bit stronger, it will be more effective when you perform Fusion. Got that, you miserable little punks?!"

5. The boys then fuse as Super Saiyans, and Piccolo is in awe of SSjin Gotenks' power, but questions his speed; notice he doesn?t question Gotenks' power, and he merely asked for a ?little? demonstration of his movement. When Gotenks flies off and Piccolo finally catches up to him, Gotenks flaunts his speed and flies off again, but Piccolo shows no fear except that Gotenks only has 1 minute left to fight. Since nothing thus far contradicts it, we have:

SSjin Gotenks > Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > Base Gotenks > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 480 (DBZ 286), P11.4-5
    Context: after Piccolo says to try Fusion again, as Super Saiyans
    Gotenks: ?Hehhehheh...Aren?t you underestimating me? Like this, I?m more than enough to defeat Majin Boo."
    Piccolo: ?Yo-you idiot! What are you saying?! You don?t know anything about Majin Boo?s fearsomeness! No matter how incredible you may be, at that level there?s still absolutely no way you?d be able to win!"

Chapter: 480 (DBZ 286), P13.2-3
    Context: after Gotenks returns from fighting Boo
    Gotenks: ?I got the tar beaten out of me..."
    Piccolo: ?Alright, your fight with Majin Boo is 1 day from now! Until then, train as much as you can! If you get even a little bit stronger, it will be more effective when you perform Fusion. Got that, you miserable little punks?!"

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P7.2-3
    Context: after Super Saiyan Gotenks forms for the first time
    Piccolo: "...Yeah...Your ki really is absolutely incredible, but how about your movement?...Show me a little?
    Gotenks: ?Is that alright? If I show you here, the house might break. I?ll do it on the ground."

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P9.3-8
    Context: Piccolo finally catches up to Gotenks
    Gotenks: ?You?re slow. So you finally got here? Besides circling around the Earth several times, I even took a little afternoon nap. [ ] Fuffuffuh...So you can?t tell just from my speed just now? My super-duper incredible power...! ...Which is to say that the test is over, and I?m going to go take care of that annoying Majin Boo right away..."
    *Gotenks takes off*
    Piccolo: ?H-hey, you idiot! Kuh...! Wh-what a *****head...H-he already has only 1 minute left that he can stay merged. That dimwhit...!"

6. Evil Boo forms and Piccolo immediately rushes the boys into the Room of Spirit and Time, telling Krillin that they can?t win as they are now. He also states Evil Boo is superior to Fat Boo in all aspects, including strength. We have:

Evil Boo > SSjin Gotenks > Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > Base Gotenks > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 487 (DBZ 293), P13.5
    Context: as Piccolo plans on having Goten and Trunks train in the Room of Spirit and Time
    Piccolo: ?Can?t you tell...?! As they are now, even if they perform Fusion they can?t win, no doubt about it...! Tell them that if they don?t want to die while they?re still just little brats, then they should train as much as they can...!"

Chapter: 488 (DBZ 294), P5.5-6
    Trunks: ?Huh!? That?s Majin Boo!?"
    Goten: ?He-he really has changed..."
    Piccolo: ?It?s not just his appearance...Everything about him is definitely greater than before..."

7. The boys train for about 15 days (7 hours in the outside world). While still training, Trunks states that even with ?regular Fusion," they should be able to beat Boo. When Base Gotenks actually forms, Piccolo thinks they might have a chance. Logic be damned, this puts Base Gotenks above his previous Super Saiyan power by a decent margin at least.

Evil Boo ~ Base Gotenks (post-RoSaT) > SSjin Gotenks > Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > Base Gotenks > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 489 (DBZ 295), P3.5
    Context: Trunks doesn?t like the idea of fighting Boo as a Super Saiyan 3 from the start
    Trunks: ?I think...that we?ve already progressed so much that even in a regular state Fusion, we?ll be about equal with Majin Boo..."

Chapter: 489 (DBZ 295), P11.5
    Context: seeing Gotenks after he?d trained in the Room of Spirit and Time
    Piccolo: ?He-he really is different...! He really has greatly powered up...! Th-this just might...!"

8. It turns out Goku was right that Boo?s Ki was ?like a lie," and Base Gotenks is promptly shoveled off the pavement after being humiliated; so Evil Boo was heavily underestimated. It takes Super Saiyan 3 for Gotenks to actually damage Boo. Near the end of their fight, it appears as if Gotenks is about to finish Boo, but time runs out and he splits back into Goten and Trunks. Evil Boo later states to Gohan that he felt Gohan?s Ki on the Kai planet and decided to wait for him. For simplicity?s sake, we?ll put Gotenks and Boo on par with each other, so we have:

SSjin 3 Gotenks >/< Evil Boo > SSjin 2 Gotenks > SSjin Gotenks (post-RoSaT) > Base Gotenks (post-RoSaT) > SSjin Gotenks > Fat Boo > SSjin 3 Goku > Base Gotenks > SSjin 2 Majin Vegeta/Goku

Supporting Quotes
    Chapter: 495 (DBZ 301), P6.1-3, P7.1-3
    Context: after Gotenks blasts Boo with the Rapid-Fire Die-Die Missiles and Piccolo stops him
    Gotenks: ?Well, whatever. I already did quite a lot, after all. He should be pretty weakened."
    *Boo comes out*
    Gotenks: "...He ain?t weakened...This really pisses me off!"
    Piccolo: ?N-no...He is weakened...I don?t know about physically, but he?s weakened a little mentally...! Th-this is the first time...that he?s fought someone strong like you...He?s feeling flustered by someone whose strength is at least on par with his own..."
    Gotenks: ?Dehhehheh! So in other words, Majin Boo?s freaked out, huh!? That?s right! My strength ain?t half-assed! I?m the best in the universe!"
    Piccolo: ?Don?t let your guard down! He?ll be coming at you frantically now...!"
    Gotenks: ?Dahhahhah, that?s problem, no problem at all! That?s just what I was hoping for!"