1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

New Official DBZ Power Levels

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Doommaker, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Doommaker The Enigma

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but apparently, V-Jump has posted the official power levels of Gogeta, Broly, and Cooler.

Gogeta: 2.5 billion
    Broly: 1.4 billion
    Cooler: 470 million

That should end some speculation on their relative power levels. Interesting information.

Source: http://www.animevice.com/dragon-ball/10-1/brolys-power-level-confirmed/97-332720/

2. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Powerlevels are only good for telling who's the stronger in DB.
    They're completely useless for anything else.
    Worse, these are non-canon DB characters who are rarely featured in the OBD nowadays.
    It's good we have a probably official statement on some other DB characters' power but that's all.

3. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

I've seen these before. They're basically made up by the magazine with no involvement from Toriyama.

And like Willyvereb said, it's not like they actually mean anything anyway.

4. HeavyMetalThunder Active Member

official? Even the ones from the databook are often contested, let alone a bunch of power levels (regarding non canon characters) made up by a magazine.

5. Doommaker The Enigma

It's still interesting information to know, especially for DBZ fans like me. Who knew that Gogeta was nearly twice as strong as Broly? Before there was speculation about whether they were close to each other in strength or not.

Sure, they may not mean much in the grander scheme of things within the OBD, but I just thought it was pretty interesting to know.

6. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Before, there was a speculation if Broly even matches up to SSJ2 level.
    So yeah, that 1.4 bill PL would actually make him stronger than he's considered in the OBD.
    Only in DB vs DB debates, though.
    Powerlevels are almost meaningless for fights that aren't in-universe.

7. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Not really. Even considering the movie continuity, these power levels don't make much sense.

First of all, if we assume the 470 million is referring to Cooler's 5th form, that's a pretty big boost from 100% Frieza's 120 million. I mean it's stated Cooler is stronger than Frieza, but I don't think he was implied to be that much stronger. Then we have the fact that Goku in SSJ1 was easily dominating him, meaning Goku's PL was even higher, which is, again, a pretty large boost from his 150 million on Namek. SSJ2 is a 2x multiplier, so they're saying that between the end of the Frieza saga and this movie (where IIRC it was implied Goku hadn't even learned to properly control his SSJ1 transformation or use it at will yet) he has gotten stronger than a SSJ2 powerup would have given him.

The Broly one is equally problematic. If we can say that SSJ1 Goku when he fought Cooler was at least 470 million (had to be higher, but this is to show that even using the lowest values possible it doesn't make sense), and if he didn't get any stronger between that movie and the Broly movie, then 4 SSJ1s would total in excess of 1.88 billion, yet Broly was taking them on (plus Piccolo) without breaking a sweat. You could say that 1 stronger character can beat multiple weaker characters even if their combined PLs exceed his, but I doubt it would be this casual.

The Gogeta one is the worst though. Assuming they're talking about movie 12 Gogeta, then even if we say SSJ1 Goku wasn't any stronger than Cooler, and he didn't improve at all between that movie and movie 12, the SEG multipliers say that at SSJ2 he should have been 940 million, and at SSJ3 3.76 billion. Yet Janemba was beating on SSJ3 Goku, and Gogeta owned Janemba. So these PLs not only don't make sense, but they are not even consistent with themselves.

Why did I waste so much time analyzing this? I don't know, boredom I guess.

8. Crimson Dragoon Bones of Creation

the SEG multipliers would only apply to the manga AFAIK, but that doesn't change the fact that these numbers feel hilariously off

Gogeta only being nearly twice as strong as Broly, lol

9. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

The only one of these that can make sense is Broly's. Cooler being 4 times as strong as Freeza and Gogeta being less than 2 times as strong as Broly is lolwtf.

(I have actually made speculative power level lists before for my own amusement, and the Broly power level given here matches my speculation pretty well :zaru)

Cooler's is weird as well, since SSJ Goku stomped him in the movie. It feels unlikely that Goku improved his SSJ power level from 150M to somewhere around or over 500M during his training in Yadrat.

10. Crimson Dragoon Bones of Creation

Goku might have gotten a zenkai from his injury, though maybe not to the extent that the V-Jump shit shows

zenkais are HIGHLY variable

11. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Yeah but they seemed to become kind of useless or too low to be worth it after the Cell saga.

12. Crimson Dragoon Bones of Creation

well, good thing the Cooler movie didn't take place anywhere near that arc :zaru

it was just right after a time where zenkais were still a big thing

13. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

To be honest in the canon manga there was more inane things involving powerlevels.
    Like how over the course of a year everyone became multiple times stronger than Piccolo Jr. from pre-timeskip.
    While technically they were previously training for years with no such a dramatic effect.
    And that's just Saiyan Saga.
    Namek was a far worse offender with characters in the low 10k going as far as 150 million in power.
    How long it took them? About a few months at best.
    TFS Vegeta sums up my thoughts the best:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ[/YOUTUBE]

14. RandomLurker Quick Brown Fox

I think the last time Zenkai was mentioned in canon was with Cell reaching Super Perfect power.
    The last time it was mentioned for an actual saiyan was with Freeza saga Goku and Vegeta.

The extent of Zenkai might have to do with how badly you get beaten.

15. Boomy Queen of Roses

How the hell they get those numbers? :geg

16. Crimson Dragoon Bones of Creation

Guessing, and random nonsensical powerscaling.

18. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Just made up a number that sounded cool.
    Toriyama later didn't use numerical values for powerlevels because they made no sense.
    He had more than enough awareness to notice it.
    DBZ fantards on the other hand...
    :maybe

19. Tranquil Fury Esaka

No because the numbers were getting too big, he still followed the "my ki/energy is bigger than yours so I can stomp you with my superior stats" thing. He kept techs that could negate those like destructo disc, spirit bomb, Tien's most powerful tech etc but overall the concept remained.

These are not official power levels, no official power levels are given post Frieza saga outside suppressed Trunks 5. It's not interesting because it contributes nothing, it's not official.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. Unlosing Ranger The Heart Ignites

Actually Toryiama tried again in buu saga measuring the power in "kili", but he dropped it after buu's awekening.

22. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Man, talk about useless power levels. The only one's people really care about knowing are the buu's, and thats only because it would finally put an end to the "which buu is greater then the other" debates."

23. cnorwood Active Member

these combat powers are from a budokai 3 promo from v-jump. far from official.

24. KaiserWombat Moderator Moderator

Billions for Gogeta would be laughably low, just going by common sense

The strongest form of Broly being only half as weak as the weakest form of Gogeta, that's simply a bad joke. Broly would be lucky to rank amongst decent SSjin 2-level fighters at his best.

25. Doommaker The Enigma

Broly was owning Adult Gohan in the 2nd movie IIRC though, in addition to Trunks and Goten. Although he probably received a powerup at that time since it's been seven years since the Z fighters first fought Broly. Broly would be stronger than your average SSJ2.

I guess Gogeta's power level should be much higher than what is listed, but whatever. Cooler's power level doesn't seem too odd imo, cuz IIRC he was laying the beatdown on SSJ Goku in his Final Form, and Goku only won due to a PIS burst of power (I guess?).

26. Dario Brando Hajikelist

No, Cooler was beating on Base Goku. SS Goku took a punch to the stomach without flinching, tanked a ki blast without flinching, and shot Cooler's best attack back at him.

Did we watch the same movie?

(Also, i think it's amusing people say Saiyajin instead of Saiyan, yet don't refer to Cooler as Coola, Vegeta as Bejita, or Kakarot as Kakkarotto. Where is the line drawn with these translations?)

27. Toriko Dangalang King Piccolo

28. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

The manga makes that pretty obvious - Super Buu w/Gohan absorbed is the strongest.

29. KaiserWombat Moderator Moderator

He's more considering Kid Buu - unaltered Super Buu - Fat Buu, I suspect.

Which is certainly more ambiguous to decipher, but is generally accepted as: unaltered Super Buu > Kid Buu >/= unaltered Fat Buu

30. HeavyMetalThunder Active Member

Kid buu is undoubtedly stronger than fat buu. It was even stated that if they fought long enough, fat buu would've died, along with Vegeta.