1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Naruto's speed

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by k2nice, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k2nice Active Member

In comparison to the speedsters in the manga, how fast is naruto in:

-Base
    -Sage mode
    -Tailed beast mode (0,1,3,4,6)
    -Ridoku Mode

Speedsters in manga:
    -Ei
    -Killerbee
    -Minato
    -Gai
    -Rock lee
    -Deva path

2. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

In base, he's on pretty poor
    In sage, Kakashi
    Tailed beast mode, little below V1 shroud Raikage
    In rikudo mode...as fast as instantaneous transportation, lol

3. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

Guess that would make him as fast as Minato with Kunai in RM

4. ?  

In base he's Kakashi level in speed. In Sage Mode he is Sasuke level in speed, and in Rikudo Mode he is the fastest in the manga excluding S/T users.

5. Demonofnaruto Epar Em

Databooks and Feats support that Sasuke and Kakashi have around the same speed. First of all how is Sage Naruto only at Sasuke's speed at Sage Mode Again?. Deva culd barely even react to him while he easily handled kakashi in hand to hand combat.... and Sage Naruto crossed Konoha in seconds, intercepting a rocket boosted asura........In Base he is just below Kakashi and Sasuke. In Sage he is considerably beyond those two. In Rikudo he is the fastest save for Minato's Hirashin and Madara...In body speed of course. In hand speed Gai reigns supreme easily

6. Skeith The First Phase.

I say this is about right.

7. ashher tch

Despite what databook says sasuke was able to keep up with A. A's reaction at that time was as fast as minato's speed. So sasuke's speed has to be equal to minato's speed. In sage mode naruto is close to that, as is Bee. I guess at this level all four can compete with each other. A trumps this level with his raiton shroud (goes beyond sasuke), minato with his s/t hirashin, and naruto with his RM. Its tough to guess with lee and guy. I think their speed of attack in gate modes are devastating, but the actual speed of movement may not be this great. Base naruto is fast among normal shinobi i think, like kakashi.

8. nothingto Member

Oh please, that's just bullshit. Sasuke's speed isn't even close to as great as Raikage's or Minato's. Sasuke's reaction speed was fast, not SASUKE. This was due to his Sharingan.

9. Demonofnaruto Epar Em

I am talking realistically here. Honestly, how can you even compare Sage Naruto with Sasuke?. SM Naruto can traverse konoha in an instant and outsped pain. None of Sasuke's feats come even close to that. Sasuke's Reactions are very fast . Not Speed. Reactions... And even ignoring Sage Mode, I think some people have maybe overlooked this solid evidence of Base Naruto's equivalence or maybe even superiority in speed to Sasuke....
    X
    X

Also, although this isn't specifically speed, kakashi even admits base naruto's superiority in timing.....X

10. legendoflink3 ichiban kuroi shinobi

base mode he's on par with most...
    sage he pretty much beats everyone in konoha including kakashi
    rm - the manga

11. dark messiah verdandi I found the soul

Something I wanted to address as well.

Base Speed = Sage mode speed.
    Without the use of shunshin, there is no greater result, and his one supposed speed feet is actually a Long Jump. Characteristic of a frog sage right?

KN0=BN0 in speed.
    Sasuke could not even see him before the third tomoe, so why would bee see the V2 version of naruto's jinchuuriki mode? No reason at all.

Also he is slower than all of them unless he is using Kyuubi naruto or Bijuu Naruto modes.

12. Demonofnaruto Epar Em

So, he jumped in a straight linear fashion extremely fast for an unnaturally long period of time?. Whatever it was, its irrelevant. He managed to cross the whole of konoha and outspeed and intercept a rocket boosted path. Clearly, his speed increased drastically. It may have been a shunshin, but it does not matter. Shunshin is simply a technique used for increasing your speed. In Sage Mode, his shunshin is a whole lot faster than if he ever used it in base. It does not matter whether its shunshin or not, all we know is that he suffered a huge increase in speed. Additionally, if you noticed, In Sage Mode, his kick was too fast for deva to react to.

Did you also not notice Naruto intercepting Sasuke to save Sakura? That sir, is kakashi level speed

KN0 = RM Naruto speed. Are you kidding me honestly. Maybe if you read on, you would have seen this....
    X
    Basically the same Kisame who saw v2 raikage and v2 bee exclaiming at his incredible speed. He obviously is as fast if not faster than the Raikage in his final form.

13. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

In his base, I feel like Naruto has average speed for his general level of power. By that I mean that opponents won't out-speed base Naruto unless they're either stronger than Naruto or are noted for being particularly quick.

In Sage mode, I'd say Naruto has average speed for his general level of power in Sage Mode. Yeah, he blitzed Asura, but he didn't have a moment of out-speeding the movement of Pain during the Pain fight proper, and no one ever noted Sage Naruto's speed. So, it's I think the same deal. Opponents won't outspeed Naruto unless they're both noted for being particularly quick and overall about as strong as Sage Naruto.

In RM, he's actually been noted for his speed.

14. Demonofnaruto Epar Em

He outsped Deva Path with hsi kick

15. Saunion Active Member

Are we seriously still using the "he's nothing special speedwise in Sage Mode" stuff?

I'd like someone to explain how senjutsu powered up shunshin could be anything else than ridiculously fast. Go on. Entertain me.

16. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

You don't really "outspeed" someone with a kick. The more physically strong the ninja is, the faster his kicks. But physical strength doesn't equate to quickness.

17. Scorpion GET OVER HERE!

Base - Kakashi level
    SM - V1 Raikage level
    RM - more than even Minato i guess. that shits crazy

18. Demonofnaruto Epar Em

Well, as you just mentioned, it equates to hand and leg movement speed increase. As, since Sage naruto was much physically stronger, his kick was much physically faster. In terms of full body speed, i agree, he only has one feat. But that feat, if you really think about it, is huge. The important fact is not that he actually managed to land a blow on asura without any reaction from him, but the fact that he outspeeded him even though he was boosted by rockets and crossed konoha in a second. His shunshin speed drastically increased, placing him just below people such as Minato and V2 Raikage

19. Demonofnaruto Epar Em

YES!. Except for the second point. Kakashi and Sasuke have around the same body speed and reaction speed, as showed by their brief skirmish through chaapters 480-484 and the databook. And sasuke managed to land a blow on the Raikage. From the pain fight, we could clearly see Sage Naruto made up for his lack of kakashi level finesse by a greater amount of speed and strength. If Sage Naruto>>>>>>>>>>>>Kakashi in speed. Most likely he is also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sasuke in speed.

20. KiddLaw92 White Lightning

Base Naruto's speed is Okay, it is above an average jonin's but slower than Kakashi's.
    Sage Mode Naruto speed is above Kakashi's and Sasuke's.
    Tailed Beast Mode is around the same as Sage Mode, maybe a little faster.
    RM Speed is on par with V2 Raikages, maybe even faster.

21. Shin - Zangetsu Intuitive Shinigami

How can anyone assume that SM Naruto isn't fast? Fukasaku specifically said ALL physical attributes were increased by Senjutsu.

If it's because of that silly notion that someone always has to say "ZOMG he so ___!" for a fact to be validated then :giogio

Naruto's SM strength was not noted by anyone in Konoha despite tossing summons and whacking Pain across the landscape.
    Naruto's SM durability was not noted despite a super strong Pain not being able to break his defense even having one of his chakra rods break on Naruto.

The author, Kishi, trusts the reader's intelligence enough to hope you can assume these facts from feats. Saying SM Naruto doesn't have a speed boost is betraying that trust.

22. Saunion Active Member

This.

Everyone with a lick of common sense should realize Sage Naruto is extremely fast. I can't fathom how anyone could seriously think his speed is only "average" just because bystanders didn't fawn all over him. Actually I take it back, I can understand the reasoning: it's I’M MR. MEESEEKS, LOOK AT ME Sasuke fans who try to belittle Naruto's feats and wank Sasuke's because conveniently enough, Sasuke had people making comments about his speed. So obviously this has to become the measuring stick for speed in the Naruto manga. How typical.

As I said the last time I argued this point, speed in Naruto is only a matter of how good your shunshin no jutsu is. Even if you think base Naruto's shunshin is only mediocre (which is already debatable), Senjutsu gives a huge boost to the user's ninjutsu. So it's no rocket science: that automatically means Sage Naruto's shunshin is extremely good.

23. PainHyuuga True Genius

are you serious? I dont think Sasuke speed is signficantly faster than Kakashi, in fact they are pretty much even, probably favouring Kakashi.

The biggest jokers are the one stating Base Naruto is at Kakashi's speed lol

24. Rokudaime Active Member

Despite that Naruto may not look fast, he is actually fast. In part 1, he got blitzed by Lee, well, it is because he indeed slow...but when it comes to Part2, especially after the Sage Training arc, he never got out-speed or blitzed by any high-level ninja.

25. jux back to back

Hey Library,
    Lets just agree that he's pretty fast.
    And stop all these redundant, redone threads.

26. VoDe ...

Base - Same as Lee, Kakashi and Sasuke etc.
    Sage Mode - Raikage v1.
    RM - Fastest in Manga so far, almost same as instant teleport.

27. Hiroshi Super Moderator

Please keep such discussions in the battledome. PM me with any questions. I hope you understand.

28. Qhorin Halfhand Strongest Man in All of China

In base he is Kakashi level of speed or near it. In Sage mode he is above all people who are not using a speed enhancing technique, so he can be compared with Bee V2, Raikage, Guy with gates, although seven gated Guy and Raikage when he is using his V2 Shunshin might be faster and I am not sure who is faster between him and Bee in V2. In RM mode he has just one very hyped speed feat that excited Bee who knows of speedsters, so I would say that he is seven gates Guy or higher level, even though it being just one feat leaves uncertainty.

29. Sferr Active Member

RM Naruto blitzing Kisame is an overrated feat. He blitzed a running away Kisame that weren't even paying attention on Naruto. Naruto blitzed him on the back. Plus after RM Naruto blitzed him, a second later Kisame blitzed him in return. But somehow no one is willing to notice it. For me, RM Naruto has shown nothing that could place him on par with Gated Gai or V2 Raikage.

30. ATastyMuffin Kanye's Biggest Fan

Did some poster just claim that Naruto has to utilize Sage Mode to be on par with Kakashi's speed? :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Base: Kakashi's level of speed, Sasuke's a little faster
    Sage Mode: V1 Raikage, Itachi
    Bijuu Mode: Minato

31. Gin Ichimaru Active Member

Base, below everyone except maybe Rock Lee (idk)
    Sage Mode, slightly above "V1" A, 3-tails B, above Minato and Gai base speed, but below 6-gates Gai
    Tailed Beast Mode, hard to say, probably a bit lower than Sage mode even at KN6
    RM in between V1/V2 A/B

32. Shark I lilt to Marshall

Where is Itachi in your list? :hurr

33. Jak N Blak Jakanese run shit.

Oh yeah, I remember when Naruto smashed Asura path THAT fast, lol. Oh he's fast alright...now that I think about it

34. Lunarion Member

Wait how is Deva a speedster on par with A?

35. k2nice Active Member

he was fighting evenly with naruto

36. Sferr Active Member

And how is Naruto a speedster on par with A?

37. Gin Ichimaru Active Member

Naruto is not a speedster at all until he reaches Bijuu Mode

38. Sferr Active Member

Yeah, I understand this. I'm asking k2nice how he got that SM Naruto who was fighting Deva is on par with A in speed because that's obviously wrong.

39. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

He's far from poor in base, he's not the fastest, but he's pretty quick.

40. Enclave Mr. Flibble's very cross

It's not correct since Naruto in base is pretty fast. He may not be a speedster but he's no slowpoke. Once you get Sage Mode or Kyuubi Mode going he suddenly becomes one of the fastest in the manga and once Rikudo Mode comes into the equasion he becomes seemingly the fastest in the manga.

41. IIIusion Banned

Sage Naruto is above average speed, but he lacks any decent reaction feats.

42. Empathy Disciple of Thunder

• Base - Slightly above average(DB says 3.5), but no real amazing speed feats

• Sennin Modo - Pretty fast, able to to lead off of Gamabunta's head and smash Asura with a Rasengan when he blitzed Tsunade with Chakra Boosters. Maybe slightly below V1 Raikage

• RM - Very fast, his Shushin is a little bit below Minato's Shushin

43. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

Let's wait and see RM Naruto's speed after he has it mastered.

Base Naruto is pretty quick, being able to grab Sakura and all without anyone noticing he was even there until she was in his arms, that's pretty fast.

44. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Lets see:

• Base: About as fast as Sasuke and Kakashi are now given he was able to easily counter Sasuke's Chidori charge while simultaneously restraining Kakashi before he even knew what happened and creating a Rasengan in a near split second. Note he had to create clones to do all three things extremely fast. Not only that, he was able to save Sakura from her own kunai which Sasuke was going to stab her with, get her out of Sasuke's grip and skid a short distance before anyone knew what happened. Even Kakashi admitted his timing was better than his own.
    • Sage Mode: As fast as A's V1 Raiton no Yoroi, given he was able to counter hundreds of meters in a single second and intercept Asura Path who was using its Rocket Boots to increase its speed even more. Note it was able to intercept Raikiri while even damaged and dodged one from behind without strain. He was also able to blitz even the Kyubi before it could react with a melee Futon: Rasenshuriken.
    • Old Kyubi Forms: KN0 extremely fast, but not as fast as Sage Mode, able to keep up with Sasuke, Deidara, and Kakashi. KN1-KN3 As fast as CS2 Sasuke, Deidara, Kakashi, and able to blitz Orochimaru. KN4-Immobile, no speed feats. KN6-Near or at A's V2 form since it could cover all of Konoha in a single leap.
    • Nine-Tailed Chakra Mode: Fastest of the four, easily on Minato's or A's V2 Level. Able to be compared to a Yellow Flash by Bee himself.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  45. Itachi Solos Grimmjowsensei's Successor

No, a translator confirmed Yamato was comparing their X..and not speed, it makes sense if you read it that, add to it that Minato has no feats to support that. RM is too fast, in fact i'd say he is the fastest in the manga without s/t.

46. Dashido Active Member

i Would a agree with this. I sage I would say his speed is greater than kakashi's but not by any incredible margin.

Lol at base naruto begin as fast as kakashi who can keep up with sasuke who was noted to be very fast by Deidara and other characters. Also Madara commented kakashi's speed .....naruto getting a speed compliment from madara while in base

Spoiler:
    :giogio naawww

47. PrazzyP HxH is life

agreed, people way overestimate naruto SM speed just because of one shunsin attack thaty caught pain off guard.

tailed beast i agree and Rm is still featless so its tough to say

48. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

No, people underestimate Naruto's Sage Mode speed ignoring that speed, strength, durability, ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, and stamina are all increased in Sage Mode. And yeah, if you looked at the panel, Naruto was able to cover hundreds of meters, create a Rasengan, and slam it down on a fast moving target before it could even complete its sentence.

I'd also like to see proof it was a Shunshin there and not just pure speed.

49. crystalblade13 hokage

Base: I'd say around the speed of Kakashi. after all in this form, he was able to go toe to toe with deva pain,who reacted to everyone besides Kakashi with extreme ease.

Sage: a bit slower than the raikage, but a bit faster than sasuke. his movement between the toads head, to intercepting the asura realm was ridiculous.

Kyuub 1-4: oro levels of speed

kyuubi 6:I'd say a little bit faster than sage mode....but still a little under raikage.

rikudo mode; faster than the raikage and yondaime- as naruto's "yellow flash" effect was achieved without even using special markings.

50. Enclave Mr. Flibble's very cross

Totally, Naruto obviously cannot compete in base with somebody like Sasuke or Kakashi in speed right?

Oh wait!
    Spoiler:
    X

Naruto was able to go from a ways behind Kakashi to a ways in front of Sasuke all in the time span of Sasuke making a single swing of the Kunai and while in base. Now you may decide to say that Sasuke didn't have the Sharingan active but that only improves his reaction times, it would do nothing to speed up the speed at which he swings a kunai.

Of course there's always a little bit later where Naruto again in base intercepts Sasuke mid-chidori charge with a Rasengan.

Really, the facts speak for themselves. In base Naruto is fast enough to definitely hang with the likes of Sasuke and Kakashi (2 confirmed speedsters). Once you start throwing Sage Mode and Kyuubi Mode and Rikudo Mode into the mix, you can definitely see how he's his fathers son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.