1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Naruto's Next Power-up: Sage Mode + Bijuu Mode?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by vikingweasel, Feb 13, 2012.

1. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

Sage Mode has been all but forgotten with the introduction of Naruto's new Bijuu Mode, but Kishi still likes to draw Naruto sitting on frogs, and Naruto has been associated with frogs from very early in the series. This makes me think that we haven't seen the last of Gama, or of Sage mode.

What would happen, for instance, if Naruto entered sage mode, combining his powers with the powers of a super powered frog, and from that point entered Bijuu mode, summoning forth the powers of Kurama?

Sage Mode * Kurama Mode = Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode.

All the powers of the mighty frog, mixed with the owerwhelming fire of the nine tailed fox.

Also, i made two quick artists reditions. (Credit goes to katsukio.deviantart.com for the original colouring of the manga stills by Kishimoto. I merely added the froglike effects.)

Naruto in Sagebijuu Mode:
    X

Notice the added green arua, the frog eyes, and the 'F' in the middle of his stomach.

Naruto in Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode:
    X

Notice the longer tongue, the frog eyes, and the green stripes in his aura.

Now, one may ask themself, "What possible benefit does this grant Naruto?"

Answer: Kurama is a fire element creature. Gama is a water element creature. This gives Naruto access to powers at both ends of the elemental spectrum, as well as negating the fox's weakness against water.

The End.

2. Heli Member

Sage Mode hasn't been forgotten. On the contrary, it has been used fairly extensively of late. Naruto used it to take down the 3rd Raikage. He used it to locate the spikes on Son Goku and the other beasts.

That being said, he may combine, sage mode with his BM. That. Would. Make. Him. God.

It would be fun to see though.

3. Octavian Gomu Gomu no

no offense but that looks creepy. i'd rather he perfect his bijuu mode (no 5 min constraint) and use SM as an auxiliary offense, especially against rinnegan users

4. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

I forgot it. :sag

Thanks for the correction.

I'm really hoping to see this.

5. Orochibuto Well-Known Member

He apparently has his chakra merged permanently with Kurama's even in base and apparently even the other Bijuus too (may be all nine) so yeah, when Naruto enter SM it may happen.

6. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

I would get giddy, I probably should have went and found the kanji for "frog" and used that for his stomach symbol or something. What do you think, should change it?

the 'F' goes fine with the '9'.

but the Kanji would make him more like the 3rd (who wore the kanji for "fire" on his back even when he was retired, and Minato was Hokage. :sarutobi)

7. Wrath Mourning

Kurama has never been a fire-element anything. Except maybe in anime filler, I guess, but I wouldn't know about that. It's one of those board myths that just won't die.

In mythology the kitsune is associated with fire, but pretty much all the mythological powers of kitsune (and specifically nine-tailed ones) have been transferred to the Uchiha. Fire, illusions, infinite vision, etc.

Anyway, I currently think that Sage Mode will be used to allow Naruto to compress the full Kyuubi power into a humanoid form. Kind of like V2 Jinchuurikis, but taking the compression even further while preventing the horrible damage it does to the Jinchuuriki's body.

8. Serenity Twirling towards freedom!

Yeah he will definitely meld sage mode with his Bijuu Mode. I'm expecting an even more Rikudo like look. I'd expect him using Bijuu + sage mode will be entirely a humanoid form though.

9. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

I would hardly presume to debate you, but he looks like he's made of fire. He's the colour of fire, he glows like fire, etc.

Here, look at this panel of Madara summoning flames:
    Spoiler: 560, page 5
    X

Now, look at the page which provided the stock for Kuragama Sagebijuu Mode:
    Spoiler: 571, page 6
    X

To me, the kyubi's aura and fire look like basically the same stuff.

10. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

It's unlikely. We just saw Naruto using both the full power of the Kyuubi and Sage Mode at the same time, and he did it by making a clone which went into Sage Mode. It is probably too difficult to mold sage chakra while mainlining the Kyuubi's chakra.

11. Wrath Mourning

Except it's damn clear by now that just because Naruto looks like he's on fire doesn't mean he actually is. No one has ever even commented on him giving off heat in his new forms. It's a visual, nothing more. His Rasengans have the same visual effect now and they sure as hell aren't Katons.

12. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

His Rasengan are wind elemental. They are made by concetrating Chakra based upon the natural affinity of the user into a ball. They require perfect control and perfect focus. Adding fire elemental to the technique would make the technique exponentially more difficult to execute. It's something Naruto would have to train to do, not something that would just come naturally by merging his chakra with the nine-tails.

In addition, i can't see how no one commenting that he gives off heat really proves anything about the elemental nature of Kurama's chakra. For one, i don't remember anyone commenting that Haku's ice daggers were cold. They're ice, they're cold, it's just common sense.

No one mentions how wet Kisame's Suitons are. They're made of water. They're obviously wet.

Two, since we're seeing a spiritual aura i doubt it would burn anything even if it were fire based. It exists on a plane that transcends the rules of physics.

It has to be focused by a conscious mind to impact the material world. At that point it ceases to be spiritual energy and becomes jutsu.

That said, i'm not really an expert of Kurama Chakra, and i think it's been noted that Kurama's Genkii Dama doesn't seem to have an element so i'm hardly in the position to defend my opinion.

It just looks like fire, and since i'm reading the manga with them i trust what my eyes tell me. -_-

13. Golden Circle .

Nice art thread

[sp=OTOH]
    X
    [/sp]

14. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

This idea has been floating around since Naruto first got Bijuu chakra mode.

So far nothing has come of it.

15. Unregistered Member

There is no need to mention either of those things. If you have a bunch of knives throughout your body, the last thing your gonna think about is how cold they are. Same with the Suitons, they are obviously water and therefore wet, but something being wet is irrevelent because it isn't a dangerous property.

Heat on the other hand is always mentioned and an incredibly dangerous property because of the damage it does. Remember Roshi and his magma coat, and the damage it did to Naruto. The same thing happens in all manga's, i.e. Sanji, Luffy, Ace and Akainu in One Piece; Natsu in Fairy Tail; Yamamoto in Bleach; etc. In those people you have three main characters all whom will be top tiers before their manga ends, one main characters brother who had potential to be a top tier, one top tier and likely final villian and one strongest character in his manga.

I am not saying it is impossible for Kurume to have some fire attacks, it just seems unlikely he hasn't shown any leaning towards it (and we have seen him take over Naruto a few times and fighitng in full form aganist Minato without using anything like that), nor has anyone mentioned him being able to use it even once throughout the manga.

I personally am of the opinion that Kurume unike all the other Bijuu's depends solely on brute strength to make up for his lack of "special abilities" such as Son Goku's Magma or the 6 tail's bubbles. Also there is already two bijuu in the 9 who use fire, three would be overkill.

16. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

the color :arg

it's horrible :argh

17. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

Hmm, I'm not sure about that.

18. Uzumakinaru Active Member

Both modes at same time is too godly to be done...

19. lo0p Bounce with me

lol wut? He's used it a few times in this battle.

But yeah, now that he's working with Kurama I think 9-tails + Sage mode is inevitable.

20. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

No one mentions how hot Madara's Katon is, either. :shrug

edit:
    X

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  21. Unregistered Member

^ It is not about how hot it is (although the fact that it took atleast 5 people just to neutralize it speaks volumes by itself), it is about if there was any heat in the RM coat or the Kyuubi's someone would have mentioned something or it would have done some damage by now.

X

X

X Notice how no one needs to say how hot it is because it burns right through his chest.

X

X Notice how the heat burns off half his face.

There are literally a thousand more examples I could show, but it is now up to you to prove that Kurume has some sort of affinity towards Fire, despite not showing even one example in 573 chapters.

And no the fact that his chakra coat looks like like flames doesn't count, Ichigo's fullbring was similar for the 3 chapters he had it before evolving again. X

22. Summers look at my sig

People need to stop posting that because we know its gonna happen. Also the Bijuu dama explosion is bigger than that and Rasengan is a biju-dama so in a way it did already happen.

23. Whirlpool Triumvir

Bijuu sage mode?

Narutoverse cannot handle

24. ZeroTheDestroyer I am....ZERO!!!

Who the fuck is he gonna fight with this new power up? God? because I can't imagine him needing a power up to face any ninja dead or alive. It's getting insane, he's strong enough as he is as now. Is he gonna start crossing over to other mangas and beating up their antagonists too? Why does he need another powerup and for who?
    He doesn't need a power up. Another power up would just be Kubo level of asininity.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  25. vikingweasel away fighting dragons

i can't possibly disagree with this. i concede the point.

would you like me to modify my OP or is the concession enough? ^_^

26. Gaurawa Abhimaan New Member

LOL ! xD

Kurama IS a fire element creature! if you can't remember , try recalling the fight with Tendo Pein. Naruto went into six - tailed state and he began
    to shoot highspeed firebullets and streams of fire at the fleeing Pein. Actually that was when I too realized that Kurama is a fire breathing , extraordinary creature.

27. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

Anime filler, never happened in the manga. Thus not canon.

28. Kenneth

SAVEd whore

Deterministrator Administrator

I love you, ben. I love you.

29. Nidaime Mizukage King of Atlantis

He's been using both at the same time since he got out of the training chamber with Bee.

In fact, he used Sage Mode to save/release the Jinnchuriki's