1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 250 Review Thread

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by HPTR Fangirl, Feb 16, 2012.

Rate the episode

1. 1

12.2%
  2. 2

4.1%
  3. 3

6.1%
  4. 4

10.2%
  5. 5

16.3%
  6. 6

6.1%
  7. 7

20.4%
  8. 8

10.2%
  9. 9

8.2%
  10. 10

6.1%
  1. HPTR Fangirl DaisukeXKen is my OTP

Episode 250 Review

Discussion and Download: X

Rate the episode from 1 to 10 and post your rating (if you want to) and the reasons behind your said rating on it.

Rate and Review

2. Somnus the figure that lies asleep

I don't understand why people aren't liking this episode. Sure Kisame and Gai fight was fast a too "cartoonish", but hell it's not as if the source material was any better.

3. timmysblood Agent of Drama

For something I was waiting for , for 6months I feel completely let down. I can deal with the drawing style however the animation and design choices were a joke.

Attacks like
    Spoiler:
    X
    felt like a complete joke in the anime, along with Asu Kujaku and Kisame's shark wave. Hindora looked ok but was nothing special.

Honestly it would have been better if they traced the scenes straight from the manga then the mediocrity they put out.I was also hoping they would use some filler to extend the fight but we couldn't get that either.

5/10, and I'm feeling pretty generous right now.

It's not that it's "cartoonish" (if it was I would probably like it better)just that everything in the manga that felt epic looked amazing now looks like a total joke in the anime.

4. The World KATTA

They fucked up the second fight just like the first one?

Jesus does Studio Pierrot hate Kisame and Gai?

5. timmysblood Agent of Drama

The first fight was actually considerably better animated then this one despite being of much less importance. go watch this and then the newest episode and you'll see the difference.

6. Mdri Well-Known Member

4/10
    Does anyone knows if the song played right at the beginning of the episode is in any soundtrack release?

7. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

this had better animation

8. Ryder1000 Raikage

Studio Pierrot are nothing but fuck ups

9. tehyellowflash Narcissistic

5/10.. the animation was pretty lame :D:

10. Deadway `

Extremely disappointing. Was expecting this to be amazing but it was total shit. Almost felt like filler. And I love how they fucked up Gai's eyes and give him pupils. Fan fucking tastic.

11. Robuto Akatsuki Member

i just watched it..and it?s not THAT bad..
    just missed a few chances to make some scenes extremely epic.
    Like Naruto smashing Kisame and Gai opening the 7th gate..those weren?t as overwhelming and flashing as i hoped for... but the rest of the episode was pretty decent.

7/10, missed a few epic moments, but i still liked this episode!

Edit: And 1080p makes it seem better anyway! ;)

12. Linkdarkside Ninja of the West

8/10

it was great ,its too bad Kisame was not really prepared to fight other wise he would show them who is boss.

13. Yagami1211 This title has been overriden by Trombe!

Guy would have crush Kisame, Samehada or not.

The techniques weren't that bad.

I'm gonna like next eps though.

14. Raidoton Active Member

What? In the manga this fight was very good. It had awesome moments which were a letdown in the anime...

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

@Topic
    5/10. But next episode looks nice!

15. Linkdarkside Ninja of the West

i don't see the difference.

16. Corax Active Member

Episode was ok I ll give it 6/10. After all most of the budget was spent for 248-249. Next looks really nice and will cover very good manga material.

17. Antdawg Member

Lol same here. Just looked like a blah fight period.

18. Combine For Science

As I said in the other thread. Eum Ik-hyun and Team 4 are incredibly poor with animating attacks to have any meaningful "impact" or weight behind them. I mean, compare any attack this episode to the attacks in the previous episodes. But, one should be used to this by now, especially after the final part of Naruto vs. Pain. Naruto's rasengan on Pain was just so pathetic compared to Minato's on Tobi.

The pacing of the ep was just awkward as well. The flow was all over the place with ups and downs. I feel bad for this team coming right after such great episodes, but that still doesn't excuse such shoddy work.

3/10

19. fortysix Banned

lol no, 248-249 were just better than average episodes, it's not like they brought in someone special to do them, just very good Pierrot animation directors, hardly anything that would require them to spend alot of money

20. the_symbol_of_rebirth Active Member

Completely agree with this. Animation was shit.

21. Mlocatelli New Member

Really shitty in my opinion
    3/10
    i mean, seriouslly, how can they fuck up so bad?
    Naruto just became super saiyajin and they treat it like nothing, no drama, no expectation. Just a fucking rush episode with no impact

22. Kanki KIG

To be honest the fight in the manga was pretty crap. It lasted about a chapter.

The epic flashbacks hides it though.

23. The World KATTA

Get out.

Terrible. :ippy

And was that suppose to be a Tiger in the episode? Looked like a fucking bear.

24. TGM Active Member

The animation sucked, and I'm baffled that they made the ball of Kyuubi's chakra blue instead of red. But, despite lacking any of the impact that the manga version had, I was still able to find some enjoyment out of this episode. It was decent. 6/10

25. LazyShika New Member

Please Studio Pierrot just save the shitty animation for the fillers

26. Raidoton Active Member

Inorite? It looked more like "Afternoon Bear" :facepalm
    Spoiler:
    X

Other scenes that sucked in compression:
    Spoiler:
    X

There was no impact in the anime, it didn't even look like it hit Kisame. It should've hit his arm like in the manga, show this exact scene for 1 or 2 seconds, a little slow motion...
    Spoiler:
    X

Same here! Where is the impact? If you look at the scene in the anime, it looks more like Gai only kicks Kisame...
    Spoiler:
    X

Many complain about this scene and I agree. Naruto's punch looked weak, like something Rock Lee would do 10 times better! Yellow Flash my ass...

And yes, those are the best frames of each scene. Try to find better ones! And there were way more scenes that look much better in the manga!

27. The Mad King The Gent

They spend the animation money where it counts the Minato/Kushina flashback I am happy for this arc in the series.

28. Matrix_Ice Member

So I started watching the anime again with episode 250; has it always been so... anti-climactic? sad.gif Every single "explosive" scene from the manga lacked oomph, from Naruto's speed to Gai's seventh gate.

It all seemed to lack luster.

29. TGM Active Member

Dude, really? Watch the two episodes prior to 250, then get back with us...

30. crystalblade13 hokage

This pisses me off, it's like studio peirrot hates my favorite characters (kisame and naruto).

With kisame, he's the only akatsuki member to not have a special animation episode to himself, and most of his fighting episodes are bad (like this one). This fight was fucking awesome to me in the manga. When killer bee threw guy, when guy fired his asukujaku at the 1000 sharks, and almost everything else had 20 times the impact in the manga. The only parts i though were decent in the anime were guys summoning of/ jumping off of his turte, and when kisame first summons his 1000 sharks.

With Naruto, he's the main character, yet he usually gets shit on in the animation department. This biggest atrocity was obviously sacrificing the sage naruto vs. pain portion of naruto vs. pain for hinata. And besides that, the only times he gets great animation seems to be when he's taken over by kyuubi (taking away the narutoness of the fight by a little). sure his skirmish with omoi/karui looked good and some other scenes featuring him are nice, but I'd like for him to get some special animation in his base form, sage mode, or new form.

end semi-rant. anyway, 3/10.

31. Joker J Be Water My Friend

Yea the animation were kinda bad, but i kinda didn't care they put Kisame in it lol.

32. Matrix_Ice Member

Now those are what I call episodes. A helluva lot better than the train wreck that was 250. Still, if this is a preview of things yet to come... :(

33. Mind of the North Star Member

I can't believe they screw this up:
    Spoiler:
    X

I came buckets when I saw that in the manga.:suzuhiko:suzuhiko

34. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

They really did screw this fight up. The animation was bad but far worse was the pacing. In the manga it's suggested that Kisame grabs Samehada in a split second. But in this they lose sight of him (?!), let him swim off underwater and eventually grab the hilt. Why that crap moment was inserted is just beyond me. I'd rather they'd made the recap at the beginning longer to pad it out.

35. Star★Platinum That's Mr.Kaneda to you, Punk!

I agree with everything you said.
    The animation was below average unfortunately.
    I can only hope the upcoming episode (Bridge to peace?) Is better.

36. crystalblade13 hokage

You are easy to please,lol. I'm upset that their trating kisame like crap in the animation department.

37. Suigetsu Well-Known Member

That's what counts :cool

38. Joker J Be Water My Friend

It's just a show you'll get over it. Im more excited for the next ep instead of this.

39. Suigetsu Well-Known Member

the next ep... is it really about. ''THAT?''

40. insane111 B̲a̲n̲n̲e̲d̲

You say that like the anime started 3 episodes ago. 50% of the episodes in Shippuden have been done by shitty outsourced animation teams (and will continue to be). All you can hope for is that one of the decent teams lands on your favorite moments, or that the director thinks that moment deserves attention, but half of the time that just isn't going to happen.

41. Psychic Active Member

I dont know about you guys, but I really like this episode. The way Narutos body glowed like that looked pretty awesome. I did expect Gai s Tiger to look more vicious, but thats my only complaint.

42. tkROUT ' . '

Episode was alright. Disappointing on normal standard, but for an Ik-Hyun Eum fighting episode, it is not actually. Ohshiro Tsutomu handled many parts. I usually don't like when he animates human action/motion-scenes but for non-human scenes I like his parts mostly. But in this one he disappointed in some of those parts as well. But the best part was when Kisame does the 1000 shark Jutsu.
    I liked Naruto's new mode with the flames. Overall some funny parts also. To hear Bee's way of talking in anime is always a plus.
    Didn't like Naruto's VA at the beginning part. Sometimes it is different.
    On music, this episode had mostly good tracks with a couple of boring/bad tracks. Strange that most of the tracks are from OST 01.

43. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

The animation was bad, I was especially dissapointed with Naruto's Shunshin. Manga made it looked like so awesome and fast but in the anime it looks just akward and slow.

X

VS.

X
    X

44. Ghost Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I'm also disappointed in Naruto's KCM. It looks horrible, imo.

45. Chaos Control Active Member

Maybe they should have reduced it to one frame?

46. Combine For Science

Way to hit home how bad the direction was in the ep (not sure if it can be entirely pinned on bad animation). I mean, look how long they wait on Naruto's and Kisame's faces after the hit. That's just sloppy, in addition to how poorly the attack was executed.

47. JiraiyaTheGallant Paradise Novelist

I wasn't expecting much from this episode, except the 1000 Hungry Sharks and Hirudora, which were both pretty underwhelming compared to the manga. Poor Kisame got the short end of the stick in terms of Akatsuki fight quality.

But still, it warrants an 8.

48. Joker J Be Water My Friend

Kisame past?

49. JiraiyaForever Being Alpha

First of all, I pity any episode that comes after arguably the greatest episode of the entire series. There's no question this episode was going to be a letdown after that masterpiece.

With that said, after looking at the manga chapter for this episode, it's not a surprise it turned out this way.

Kishi rushed to kill off one of the original villains so he could continue on with the story. The anime is just following the pace, intensity, and significance that the manga set. The anime is basically always better, but in this episode, they are about the same.

I also love how fast those manga fags come storming back in to hate on the eps. It was really nice and pleasant last week when none of them could say shit without getting a rasengan to the face.

~ JF

P.S. Except for the first part before the OP, that was awesome! Kushina!!! :cry:cry:cry

50. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

Imo it was a decent episode, or could have been. Crappy animation and art ruined it for me.