1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Naruto rank question

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by hothgra, Mar 18, 2012.

1. hothgra Member

hello i have been away for a while due to being in the hospital but i still read the manga and watch anime now here is my question

why is naruto still a gening and everyone in his class a chunin or above i mean seriously

Naruto is stronger than all of them
    he has defeated most of the akatski
    he defeated gaara and saved his village
    he is a good tactician i know alot of you will say what to this but i mean seriously perfect example during the first exams when he is fighting kiba he comes up with the idea to turn him self into kiba to trick him and then he turns him self into akumaru to trick him agian and he beats him. he has done many things like that to trick and fool his enemys and help his team and village win
    he defeated pein and saved his village
    he basicly defeated the raikage
    he is the only living sage..

i look at all his accomplishments and i still wounder why is he still a genin when he is basicly near or at the level of kage

can someone please explain this to me

2. AngstToThePeople Konohan LGBT rights activist

Because even if you drive a car better than fuckin' Schumacher, unless you go, apply, and take the appropriate examinations, you don't get a damn driving license.

The true power level of Naruto has nothing to do with his official rank. To gain the appropriate official ranks, he needs to undergo the appropriate official procedure, which he never did. Easy enough to understand, no?

3. Gold Roger King

Naruto is a Sage so those inferior ranks should no longer interest him anymore. :datass

4. Dream forever flawless Administrator

Because he is going to be the only Genin to go straight to being the Hokage without being promoted to any of the other ranks.

5. Ishi no Ishi 石の意思

^ This. He never took the Chuunin exams again, so that's why he is still a Genin.

6. Ino Yamanaka 『Lεα мιcнεlε』

In the village wise he's still a genin able to achieve Sage rank

7. GODLIKE ULTIMATE GOD

yeah you guys pretty much said it all...

a)the man is going straight for the hokage spot! wants to make the difference :D

b) he is a sage, wth he needs the rest of the ranks?!

c) this pretty much closed the thread i guess :

8. Death Note ̣̣̣̣̣̣

This pretty much.

And that he hasn't taken and passed any of the exams.

9. stockholmsyndrome Active Member

Rank means nothing even if Naruto is still Genin in official terms Tsunade treats Naruto as one of her most elite soldiers sending him on the most dangerous of missions as sending less capable Ninja would be foolish.

10. Hidazu New Member

exams smams, dont forget, you didn't need to, Shikimaru lost and the hokage still made him a chunnin even tho the exam never finished, there are loops and exceptions, but maybe naruto isn't even worth the titles since he is a Sage and Jinchuuriki..

11. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

Even though Naruto's rank is Genin, he's probably beyond Hokage level or just at Hokage level. One thing for sure is that he's as powerful as a Hokage. No doubt about that.

He's only Genin rank because he didn't take the Chunin exams again. Just like how Ishi no Ishi said.

12. AngstToThePeople Konohan LGBT rights activist

You're wrong. You can't become a Chuunin unless you compete in the Chuunin exams, and prove you have the abilities required to become a Chuunin. To do this, you don't necessarily need to win. But you do necessarily need to compete, and prove during an official competition, that you possess strategic thinking, technique, can use your powers with economy and efficiency, and would be fit to lead a squaldron. That much is said in canon.

The Hokage can't just make anyone a Chuunin because she wants to; it's not like the Jounin rank, which is an individual assessment.

And to all those who talk about him being a Sage... This is irrelevent. There is absolutely no official "Sage" rank.

All active Konohagakure shinobi are, officially, either:
    Genin
    Chuunin
    Jounin/Tokubetsu Jounin
    The Hokage

Other titles/ranks/honorifics/feats/abilities/modes, such as being a Sage, being in ANBU, being in ROOT, being a Jinchuuriki, being a Kage-tier fighter, etc, do not affect official Konoha rank status.

Red tape and state structure have nothing to do with real power and accomplishment.

13. Whirlpool Triumvir

Narutos gotten so strong that even if he made jounin, it would still be like being genin. It's a rank unworthy of him :datass

The only rank worthy is Jesus, SOT6P or High-kage of the elemental nations :noworries

14. hothgra Member

yes but see naruto has never gotten achance to take the exams
    they always send him away on missions or make him leave to go train.. so how can he become a rank if they dont give him a chance..

yes i understand what all you are saying but it should matter he should at least have a special rank of somekind for saving the village so many times and doing what he does

15. hothgra Member

one thing i just thought of is how come naruto doesn know alot of jutsu.. i mean especialy with the fox who can probly help him learn alot and also how come no one has tlak him his fathers jutsu or any more of jiruyas
    if anything he has atleast the right to know his fathers?

yes he knows alot but most of it are shadow clones and rasengan..

16. PopoTime Devourer of Souls

So your saying, Even though its the HOKAGES decision to promote his ninja, said ninja must show off his skills to all the other villages and paint a target on his back just to get it?

And also, the third hokage explained it in a nutshell,

Chuunin exams are a replacement for war
    Ninja's show off their skill to potential customers, increase village profits
    if ninja is good enough, then the hokage promotes him or her to Chuunin.

It isnt said anywhere that the Chuunin exam is a prerequisite to becoming a Chuunin.

17. Roja Kunoichi Fan

That's true for all of the characters. Everyone's skills come down to a few base things (in Naruto's case it's Rasengan and clones) and expand upon it in some manner.

^This part is completely accurate.

For the majority of the characters that we are following, it is considered a prerequisite. However, it is probably not necessarily the only way to gain the promotion.

However, in this case (Naruto), it is a moot point. The story has said that he can't get the promotion ("I'll go from genin to Hokage" -Naruto) from back in Part I. That boast can't come true if Naruto was to actually get the promotion.

18. wakawaka Member

Anyone else feel like Naruto still might not pass the Chunin Exams? It was displayed that the passing the exam didn't require winning the fight rather showing you have the maturity and experience to be a chunin. Part of this is knowing when to give up because your life is in danger. Shikamaru passed because he gave up when he knew there was no way to win. Naruto on the other hand never gives up and is always willing to risk his life to stand up for what he believes in.

19. Whirlpool Triumvir

Kiba and Chouji passed and their just as bad. Insult Kiba or Chouji and they'd charge at you like a crazy mofo. Chouji nearly got himself killed by Hidan just because he got called fat.

Besides, after timeskip , Naruto has matured enough to be chuunin and after hidan, jounin.

20. hothgra Member

21. Roja Kunoichi Fan

^Rasengan is his father's ability. Sage Mode is Jiraiya's ability. Naruto is credited for improving on both of those. Naruto also has abilities that those two did not use (or did not have). Discussing some other abilities that Naruto currently has would be spoilers in this particular forum though.

22. Krippy &#32

hope ur doing well.
    he never took the chunin exams lol he's a fukin sage now it doesnt matter either way hes got more important shit to do (world war 4)
    true.
    if by most you mean the six paths of pain, and kakazu, then yes, he has.
    true.
    meh. he's above average, but definitely not a genius.
    yup.
    yessir.
    Spoiler:
    not true. X is a dragon sage.

this is where i disagree. with his modes, SM,KCM,BM, + PnJ and TnJ, he is practically a demi-god. without them, well he's just.... naruto

already done.
    :noworries

23. Killer Zylos Wolf Zetsu > All

Ranks never mattered in the first place, you don't need a label to be what you are.

24. Timmythelion Underdog

I'm sure everyone acknowledges the fact that he is worthy of a higher rank but his schedule is pretty booked out at the moment...

25. hothgra Member

well see the thing is about everyone having a many skill that is theres and they expand on it.. is narutos skills have all been copied from someone now you may say no but he has the shadow clone almost everyone knows, his father new rasengan and was working on making the rasenshuriken so in away knew that so what skill does naruto have thats only his??

26. hothgra Member

ok you know he did defeat dierdra or what ever his name is.. techniqual he didnt kill him but him battling him let to dirdra or what ever killing him self

also to the fact of him being a genius..actualy in away he is he thinks of things and does tactics like disquising him self as akumaru that no one else does till after they see him do it.

27. hothgra Member

just thought of this but naruto will definatly be hokage and every hokage i notice has one or two super jutsu that no one else uses what will naruto's be and why hasnt naruto learned his fathers flying thunder god technique witch tehcniqualy should be past to him