1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Naruto only only been using half of the Kyuubi?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by ex0duS, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ex0duS Member

During the sealing process, Minato split the Nine-Tails' chakra in two, giving Naruto access to the Yang chakra and permanently cutting off access to the Yin.

So does that make his transformation weaker by half? Par exemple, when he was in 8 tails, does that mean his power level was merely that of a 4 tails?

What's wrong with Yin chakra?

2. Nathan Copeland Rank 50/Madara's Brother

It makes you think that chibaku tensei was weak as shit if naruto broke out of it at
    4 tails

3. Euraj StraightOuttaJakku

I'm not sure if it necessarily means that it and the shrouded transformations are only half as strong. I would assume that it meant that the nature of the chakra that's covering him is just more tilted towards physical power, since that is what yang energy is, in a nutshell.

4. Sunabozu GB's Ghost

I don't know where Minato placed the yin chakra, he never said anything about that to Naruto, he just said he sealed half of the fox's chakra in his son

5. ex0duS Member

But in conclusion, 8 tails, wasn't really, 8 tails. it was less tails in comparison if he was able to use the ying chakra?

6. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

Basically, yeah. Don't forget that Kyuubi is invincible and unstoppable. Even at a little over a quarter of it's full strength (Six Tails Naruto) Kyuubi was too powerful for basically everything outside of Chibaku Tensei. If anything, it's a testament to the power of Chibaku Tensei to require almost half of Kyuubi's strength just to break out of the sphere it created.

7. Lelouch71 Zero

Not like it matters. KN4 is stronger than 95% of your average shinobi. I doubt anyone outside maybe another jinchuuriki could beat that thing in raw power.

8. joshhookway Better than Kage

Kyuubi is just haxxed

9. Evil クックックッ。。。

No, a thousand times no.

It's not half of the Kyubi's power. Minato put the Yang chakra into Naruto, and then sealed the rest of the Kyubi's chakra into Naruto's stomach. This is why Naruto's got super healing and such a large base chakra even when cut off from the chakra sealed in his stomach.

All of Kyubi's chakra was put into Naruto.

10. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

RIGHT:zaru The fartest naruto has gone is the three tales:zaru

11. WraithX959 I hate stupid people

Yin-yang is the spiritual and physical energy of the body in the Naruto world. Minato separated the Kyuubi's physical energy from it's spiritual energy, nothing more. Both "halves" of the Kyuubi still have their original power. The Kyuubi's Yin chakra is likely sealed in the Death God's belly along with Minato.

As Jiraiya and Minato have both stated, only the Kyuubi's yang is sealed within Naruto, the yin was sealed with Shiki Fuujin and resides within the Death God's belly along with Minato. Manga > Random Forum Member's theories.

NARUTO ONLY HAS THE KYUUBI'S YANG

12. ex0duS Member

But in terms of power and chakra level of the kyuubi...it didn't decrease?

13. X Pain X Member

I made a thread about this exact same thing and I got owned in about 3 posts. No, the Kyuubi Chakra doesn't decrease. It's the same.

It's not so much quantity as it is defining the nature of Chakra creating a balance. The Chakra amounts are still the same.

14. ex0duS Member

Then what are the differences between Kyuubi in Naruto and 8th Tail in Killerbee.

Killerbee's 8th tail both has yin and yang chakra.

What advantages does killerbee -who has yin and yang- has over naruto who only has yang chakra available to him?

15. NarutoIzDaMan The legacy lives on

I remember reading an interview with Kishi (I think Shonen Jump) where he says that the number of tails doesn't literally measure how strong each Bijuu is compared to one another. For example - Kyuubi isn't necessarily nine times stronger than One-tailed Shikaku. It can be much much stronger than that.

16. Jeαnne :hurr

well possibly, his 8 tails transformation didnt like like "almost the full kyuubi", its like only half is there :0

17. panikoskun Jinchuuriki Sannin

Actually I think what the sealing process had done was to seperate the Yin and Yang chakra in such a way as to prevent Naruto's soul from the Kyuubi's immense chakra. Eventually what Minato wanted to do was to help Naruto attain a control over the Kyuubi. Naruto would need first to control the Light chakra that was given to him so that once the Gerotora key is applied and the two chakra's reunite Naruto will not be lost in the mix up as he would have attained the control of the one part. Once he is within that situation he could force the other part or regulate the flow so that he can control eventually the entire thing. I guess Minato was afraid that the Kyuubi in his entire form would be impossible to control so he found a way to help Naruto at controlling it. I guess this is what I think