1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR, PSOTW MIRROR
  3. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Naruto is the Rikudo Sennin

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by vegeta2002, May 10, 2011.

1. vegeta2002 Empty 7

I remember the hype surrounding Nagato back when Jiraiya thought that he was the reincarnation of Rikudo. Looking at it from the distance afforded by time, there is only one character alive in this manga with a will as strong as Rikudo's and it's not Nagato.

The whole idea that the Rikudo Sennin could be reborn is kinda brushed aside in this manga, but the fact that Jiraiya and the toads took it seriously implies that there is more to the story. During Naruto's life story he naturally comes to the same conclusions about human nature and hatred that Rikudo came to. Naruto becomes more Rikudo-like with every chapter he's in without even trying.

It may seem like a joke, but TNJ was probably Rikudo's main power.

What do you guys think?

Edit:
    Spoiler:
    X

Kyuubi has no reason to lie. Naruto pulls Rikudo's main ability out of his ass like it was being performed by Rikudo himself.

Edit:

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. Summers look at my sig

Lets wait till he gets the rinningan before we say that. But I do believe that he will become the next sage of 6 paths somehow.

3. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

Yep. During there epic fight, Naruto and Sasuke will travel back in time.

Sasuke will transform into Juubi and Naruto will seal him inside, gain Rinnegan, and subsequently teach the world about Ninjutsu..

I keep telling you, bros.

4. vegeta2002 Empty 7

I don't know if Rikudo had the Rinnegan before the Juubi anymore. I'm starting to feel that he was probably more like a typical Uzumaki/Senju before he became the jin for the Juubi. Jinchuuriki children have traits from their parent's sealed demon. I'm guessing that that's where all dojutsu come from.

Spoiler:
    X
    This is... Rikudo Sennin!

X
    This is... Rikudo Sennin, too!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  5. jameshawking Brought back again

He's either the Rikudo Sennin or he'll fight him by the end of it

6. Bane Active Member

Another person who agrees! I tried to say this in another thread where the main topic was more of a "Naruto gets the rinnegan" idea and this was one of my points. He will most likely become the second Sage. My new theory is that bee will(unfortunatly) get his biju stolen but somehow naruto will get all of them sealed into him making him(techincally) the juubi jinchuriki. At this point Naruto and Sasuke have their final bout and Naruto awakens the rinnegan half way through. At this point naruto just takes control of the battle and uses a secret technique to take away all of sasukes malice. Thus the story ends with Team 7 being reunited as the most powerfull team of all time. Or naruto just becomes the hokage. Your choice. :D

7. jameshawking Brought back again

So Naruto not only needs the Rinnegan, but every bijuu and secret techniques to beat sasuke, in your eyes?

lulz

8. ovanz ______

Naruto is too damn stupid to be the past rikkudo reincarnation.

But i won't discard he could become the new rikkudo.

9. MinatoEMS Super Sayian Jinchuuriki

I dont doubt this theory its indeed possible. I do find the toads prophecies a bit open and not fully explained. Theres probably more to it than he'll save the world.

We also dont know the origins of minato, another factor to think about.

10. vegeta2002 Empty 7

Rikudo was probably a naive, goofball too. Who else was lining up to fight the Juubi at the time. People probably told him he was a fool to even try.

11. qwijibo he drinks your milkshake

I actually had a theory about this. Think about it. Naruto has a secret jutsu designed by a space-time jutsu master that requires massive amounts of chakra and is extremely dangerous to use.

Rikudou was also known for preaching peace.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  12. Fiona ★*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*★

Naruto becomes sage.

WTFpwns Sauce.

Becomes Kage master of the universe

All bitches bear his children thanks to Kage Bunshin

/Manga

:awesome

13. vegeta2002 Empty 7

This could be it's own thread, but I'll post it here since I like the original theory better.

Before Rikudo, the Juubi was the most powerful entity on earth, able to to cast the world into darkness without even trying. How did human beings survive during this time?

My guess is that they offered human sacrifices to this dark god. Even now, the Uchiha have to kill each other to manifest their true power and jinchuuriki's are offered up as sacrifices to the Juubi/Gedo Mazo. Think King Kong.

Jinchuuriki literally means "the power of human sacrifice". What if Rikudo was the human sacrifice that could actually fight back?

14. Face :0

TBH I have hard time imagining Naruto with a Doujutsu. I guess it's possible.

15. Klammo Shichibukai

16. Raging Bird 15 Strong, XVI

Naruto is the second coming of the Rikoudo Sennin, Rikoudo Sennin probably had some skills he was not able to use because of limits or something else, hence why he wasn't able to get rid of all the tailed beasts.

thats just my speculation

I just want to point out something in the panel OP posted, If the Tailed Beast Ball is a Rasengan, then what caused Kyuubi's Beast Ball to turn into stone?

Chibaku tensei was able to attract Stone in order to form the moon.

just an observation.

17. Trent Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker

Being a Ridukou is someone who combines both the physical and eye power of the 1st Ridukou Sennin within his body like Madara currently and Nagato.

For Naruto to be Ridukou he'd have to gain a doujutsu and I personnaly don't see that happening.

He is the quintessential Younger Son of Ridukou for me, if anything that's who he would be some kind of reincarnation from.

Sasuke would be the Older Son's second return and Madara would be an evil Ridukou there, who would have to be defeated by both the "Sons" fighting alongside eachother.

18. Blackgallon Illusion

Naruto is just a brat of a kid who has succeeded by never giving up.

Man i hated learning about all of his heritage and who he is linked too, ruined his character.

19. HeroofTime Link the Hero of Time

Hmmm ,I cant say I believe it but it was a good read.

20. T-Bag Blackbeard

lol as much as I would hate it, I wouldn't find it surprising. Kishi tends to connect anything with anything nowadays.

21. Saunion Active Member

He might not be currently, but he's obviously going to be the true Rikudou successor/reincarnation at the end of the manga.

22. Lelouch71 Zero

My thoughts exactly. Madara and arguably Nagato are fakes. Naruto will be the true successor of Rikudo. I can see it coming with the way the manga is going.

23. Ezekial Does want a custom title

Naruto is the 4th coming of Rikudo:
    Rikudo = 1st
    Madara = 2nd
    Nagato = 3rd
    Naruto = 4th

However Kabuto is trying to get a hold of Rikudo's power aswell so he may become a reincarnation of Rikudo, also Danzo could be considered a reincarnation aswell.

24. vegeta2002 Empty 7

You're talking about Rikudo Sennin like it's a job title, so yes, Madara and Nagato are sages of the six paths. I'm talking about Naruto being the reincarnation of the actual person. Madara, Nagato, and Naruto can't all be reincarnations of the same person seeing as they're all alive at the same time in the manga.

25. edangs Active Member

:nuts

that would be the biggest downer ever. i would shoot myself for wasting my time with this manga.

26. Ezekial Does want a custom title

Might as well be a job title, Nagato was defiantly a reincarnation, Nagato as he naturally possessed RS's eyes, now if Madara actually physically implanted the Rinnegan into Nagato then you can rule out Nagato as a reincarnation, of corse Danzo and Kabuto arnt reincarnations there just trying to become RS so you can rule out them to aswell, Madara is defiantly a reincarnation and so is Naruto, Becoming a sage of the six paths is something you cant just do like you just said Madara and Nagato are Sages of the six pathes, ofcorse there can be multiple reincarnations at the same time obviously only two are left and we all know Naruto will be the last one alive

27. BlinkST Never too l8 for Rinne h8

You could say the same of his horns, which Naruto gained from being the fox's host, but Rikudo is still depicted clearly with his horns before sealing the Juubi.

28. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

Just watch, this'll actually happen.

29. vegeta2002 Empty 7

It's already been hinted several times in this manga that Naruto's true power is the ability to change people around him. I'd post the panels but they're way too corny. So far he's TNJ'd or otherwise inspired:

Zabuza
    Inari
    Hinata
    Neji
    Shikamaru
    Sakura (multiple times)
    Kakashi
    Kabuto (inspired him to be his own man, errr or something)
    Gaara
    Jiraiya
    Sai
    Tsunade
    Itachi (crowjob)
    Konan
    Nagato
    Omoi (when he takes a beating for Sasuke)
    Iruka
    Karin (all she had to do was sense his chakra)
    A
    Killer Bee

30. Dim Mak xo

Naruto will be so happy having Sasuke inside him for the rest of his life.

31. Pseudo laughing with a mouth of blood

The final page of Naruto will be a close up of Naruto's Rinnegan eyes.

32. Yamata no Orochi Active Member

Seems that's how it's going to end up somehow. Either Sasuke or Kabuto will fail to become the new Sage and Naruto, being the Jesus clone that he is, will win the Sage's power with love.

33. animeguy91 Member

THATS GANNA SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Bane Active Member

The EMS is a huge unknown power and what does naruto really have right now to combat susano'o?

35. T-Bag Blackbeard

question. How are Madara/nagato fake? and how would naruto be the true successor, if he isn't a Senju or a uchiha? To say the least, naruto would be the fakest of them all.

36. vegeta2002 Empty 7

Naruto is an Uzumaki and so was Nagato. The most powerful jinchuurikis in this manga have bee Uzumakis (Mito/Kushina/Rikudo?) So far the Uzumaki's with their advanced sealing techniques and unique chakras have been represented as the clan with the most in common with Rikudo. Am I wrong?

37. AKmyWaffle Active Member

Sorry buddy, but if anybody is the reincarnation of the Sage it's Sasuke. After all Kabuto needs Sasuke to find the truth behind the sage of the six paths.

38. T-Bag Blackbeard

Nagato was a sage yes, but let's not forget it was Madara (who was a sage himself) who gave him the rinnegan. So without Madara, Nagato would just be a regular uzumaki, like Naruto.

And we know nobody is going to give naruto a rinnegan, so.... that leaves him with nothing.

And na man, senju and uchiha have the most common things w/ rikudou, hell they represent 50% of each half. And only they have been capable of controlling a rampaging bijuu, without having to be jinchurikis.

39. Yagami_ Active Member

Please tell me. When does Nardo "come to the same conclusions about human nature and hatred that Rikudo came to" again?

It's the same seal which is what Kyuubi said.

Fanfiction makes anything possible.

Most powerful jinchuurikis in the manga are Uzumakis? This was stated where again?

I recall that the only jinchuuriki noted as being perfect were Yagura and Killer Bee, and we know the latter actually subdued his bijuu without help unlike Uzumaki Naruto. And no, housing the strongest bijuu doesnt mean that you're the strongest or best jinchuuriki.

The Uzumaki were only known for sealing jutsu and long-lifespan. They weren't known for unique chakra, so again I disagree that they had the "most common with Rikudou", especially when we know the Uchiha and Senju were the ones directly descended.

40. AKmyWaffle Active Member

You are wrong, the sage was famous for his eyes. The Uzumaki are not.

41. silenceofthelambs Active Member

Naruto will be the symbolic reincarnation of the Sage of the Six Paths, whereas people like Madara and Nagato are physical ones (possessing, however, the incorrect ideals).

42. Aleph-1 C O L L I D E R

From a genetic standpoint it doesn't make much sense, but the clues in Naruto's RM appearance and the "prophecy" lead me to believe it's possible (in other words, because Kishimoto said so).

43. vegeta2002 Empty 7

The Uzumaki and Senju are related. I don't think that Kishi would reveal this only to later say that it wasn't through Rikudo's bloodline. The name of the clans doesn't matter.

The Senju/Uchiha are roughly about the same number of generations removed from Rikudo. The Uzumaki, on the other hand, lived extremely long lives and are possibly multiple generations closer to the Rikudo bloodline.

If the Senju and Uchiha are roughly equals and the Uzumaki's have Senju abilities plus the Rikudo sealing method, then the Uzumakis have the most in common with Rikudo.

PS. What's the point of reincarnating yourself into multiple bodies if they're only going to fight and kill each other. Rikudo is better than that.

44. SaVaGe609 Only Sai Fan

The sad thing is, I could almost see that happening.

45. vegeta2002 Empty 7

Here's a bit more if you look deeply into this manga. What's the point of keeping Rikudo's face a secret? Think about it for a second. Now, remember this:
    Spoiler:
    X

Naruto with Uzumaki red hair... Irrelevant? Anyone wanna bet on Rikudo's hair color?

46. Geralt of Rivia Banned

Naruto's greatest strength has always been his ninjutsu. And Rikudo Sennin was a guy who taught the world ninjutsu.

Something to think about.

47. AKmyWaffle Active Member

Sure let's do it.
    X
    I'll bet it was black. Just like Sasuke's hair and the hair of his two sons.

48. AKmyWaffle Active Member

Actually that's been Naruto's weakness. Naruto is basically retarded when it comes to most ninjutsu. It took him several years worth of work to learn elemental manipulation.

Sasuke on the other hand... Well he was able to teach himself fire elemental manipulation in a short amount of time when he was 8.

49. vegeta2002 Empty 7

Those are both black and white images against a black background, plus the younger son is in a chakra shroud. All dark colors would appear black in this situation. Look at colorized photos of Itachi's and Sasuke's hair. They're not the same color when the light hits them. I'll take that bet though.

50. AKmyWaffle Active Member

Yet clearly Kushina's hair is not nearly as black as the hair of Ridoku's sons.