1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Naruto becomes Hokage after this war?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Sword Sage, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

Does anyone disagree about this Naruto will become Hokage after this war and give out reasons why can't be at that time?

2. Wanderlust ◕‿◕

He won't become Hokage because the villages are merging most likely. Therefore, he has a high chance of being the "alliance leader"

3. Gabe Murim Grand Master

if hokages position still exists after the war because the whole villages may unite, maybe if he converts sasuke. he wont become hokage till sasuke is converted

4. Eric Cartman &#32

Naruto now has an insane amount of power at his disposal and is a great insperation to his friends and other ninjas, but he does not YET posses the smarts needed to lead a stable village.

5. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

I think he'll be Hokage when he fights the final villain, whenever that is. Tsunade wont die but instead give him the position like Hiruzen gave Minato.

6. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Yes, I think it's in order. He's the strongest in the village at the moment. And he saved the whole damn world from Edo Tensei. I disagree with the first poster. I still don't think he has the experience to become an alliance leader, but kage is more than fine. Enough parallelisms have been established between himself and Gaara to show it would work.

7. Blazing CobaltX Yuri Trainer on Fire

8. Morgan The Legend

Too young and inexperienced like Jiraiya said, and I don't believe the villages will merge btw, so all the villages will retain their respective kages.

9. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

Man....it's just too hard to imagine him being Hokage at his current age and disposition.

I'd prefer, at the end of the manga, to see a 'Flash forward' sort of epilogue arc, 5 chapters or so, showing the Ninja world 3-5 years later, with Naruto as Hokage and/or Alliance leader

10. Lord Valgaav My fries

Why would Jesus want to become mayor? Also as stated above hes inexperienced in leadership. He'd be terrible. Powerful but terrible. After the war I'm willing to bet hes still gennin Naruto.

11. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

Well, obviously. It's not like he'll become Hokage during the war.

Probably in the epilogue or something.

12. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

This is what I think too.

13. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish

I think he will at some point while the fight is still going, most likely Tsunade won't be able to continue fighting anymore and she will temporarily give the title to him so that he can represent Konoha and fight as Hokage, probably by the side of the rest of the Kages too.

But I think his official crowning ceremony will be saved for the story's epilogue, in front of all the village up there in the Hokage tower.

14. rebeci !BAM!

Yeah, I think so too. Even for a Kage he is already too overpowered right now.

15. Kumanri Daydreaming

Provided that the Hokage position is empty after this war but even so, I think Kakashi would still sit in until Naruto is matured enough to handle paperwork.

16. Disaresta Grim Angel

He needs to have sasuke's babies before he dies :ippy

17. princess of iwagakure Member

Where is the idea of villages merging coming from? Yes, the village gathered together for the war, but that doesn't automatically mean the village will merge after the war. Every village has their own culture, philosophy, and characteristics, and they were only able to come together because of a common enemy.

Also, I don't think Naruto will become Hokage after the war. He is too inexperienced yet. Say, does he have the knowledge to set the right people for the right task?
    Have we seen him trust his friends and let them fight for him yet?
    Can he really handle the politics? (Although, with his TnJ, probably this won't be a problem).

18. Disaresta Grim Angel

I dont think, nor ever want to see the villages merge. The alliance is cool and all but there's no reason to force everyone to be together, that's a recipe for disaster, and pour writing.

19. Eikichi Onizuka Pimp Zoro

Because there isnt already a Hokage in office at the moment. Hes to immature and not ready to take over control of a whole military regardless if the villages are coming together.

20. HiddenKunoichi Member

He's powerful, but I don't think he's mature enough for this position yet. Naruto needs to learn to lead with his head and not only his heart. I also can't see him sitting behind a desk doing hours of monotonous paperwork....he can barely sit still long enough to eat a bowl of ramen!

21. Star★Platinum That's Mr.Kaneda to you, Punk!

Not anytime soon in my opinion.

22. Moon Dread Member

why don't you get out your religion shit out of here.

jesus doesn't think like naruto. naruto wants to be a hokage

23. stockholmsyndrome Active Member

He would do no worse than Gaara who during the Kage arc shown his inexperience in letting fear get the better of his judgement.

24. Leuconoe Token Eva Girl

It's a common figure of speach, Moon. As in, why would someone powerful want a lower status. Calm your tits.

@OP: Seeing him as the hokage would be cool. But I'd rather have him as an adult so he can squeeze in some more leadership experience.

25. Dattebayo-chan License to Fangirl

I'm sure Naruto will be Hokage eventually. It has been his dream since the start so it would a huge let-down if it didn't happen.

It's true he's young, but Gaara is the same age and he does a fine job in being Kazekage. Of course, Naruto is different than him, but perhaps someone like Naruto is what the ninja world needs?

Naruto is not as stupid as he seems and the war is not over. There's plenty of time for him to prove himself some more. It would seem a bit sudden that he became Hokage directly after the war though, but he has the support of his peers, the other Kage will surely take a liking to him as well and he has fought hard during this war.

I guess it's possible, but I can't shake of the feeling that something will stand in his way, like the Elders or the fact that he's still only a Genin.

26. DelRappy n00b

It's hard to imagine the villages merging. They're military compounds situated deep within rival countries. Considering the villages are geographically isolated from each other and that a political merge doesn't seem likely, we can expect that the villages' pre-war kage-led structure might come to exist side-by-side with the alliance's joint command structure; the latter would be a background hierarchy to be considered in the case of joint military operations. Think real-world military alliances: independent countries and fairly independent armies, but international command chains exist for the sake of joint operations.

Besides, even if the villages were united, there would be a lot of village-specific stuff and someone would need to be responsible for each village. For that and for cultural reasons, kages would likely still exist.

Don't know about Naruto making it already. Kishi has been trying to make him seem more mature, reliable, followable. Maybe the author will forget about the fact that kages are always deep in paperwork and Naruto can barely read (if at all) and make him kage already. But I suppose everyone will agree that someone will have to be hokage for a few years before our little messiah does, even if Tsunade and Kakashi die in the war. Or Kishi will kill Naruto (it's his story, killing him and ending it makes sense) and make Sakura hokage to keep the Sannin parallel.