1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Naruto and Rikudo-Sannin

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by Turrin, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Turrin 玄武

I see alot of people counting Rikudo-Sannin as a potential villain or even the final Villain or even counting his feats as those of a real shinobi, but i think people are missing the point of Rikudo-Sannin and the reason why he was introduced into the manga.

Rikudo-Sannin was thought to be a myth by everyone in the entire naruto world only really Jiriaya and Madara knew the truth and that was after they met Nagato and/or Pain. Jiriaya came to the conclusion that Rikudo-Sannin must be real because of the existance of Nagato and it seems Nagato used his own existance to prove that Rikudo was real as well. But how much of the legend is fact and how much of its fiction?

We have stories like Rikudo-Sannin created modern day ninjutsu and was the one who actually made the moon. Now this may be true and Rikudo did make the moon but some how i doubt that the naruto world could exist before their actually was a moon and that Rikudo was able to actually place the moon into orbit around the naruto world.

What this instead tells me is that Rikudo-Sannin had fantastical powers that escaped even the imaginations of the people who lived during that time and thus his powers became embelished. It also tells me that Rikudo-Sannin did in-fact face some one during that time that made him get serious enough to use Chibaku Tensi on a higher level then Pain is even using on KN6 or even the one he was going to use on KN8.

Kishi is telling us this legend of Rikudo-Sannin in bits in pieces because he is trying to show us what Naruto's going to have to live up to. Rikudo-Sannin was likely the destined child of his time. He brought a revolution to the Ninja world by teaching the foundation of modern day Ninjutsu. This revolution brought about the start of the age of Ninja for better or worse.

Why did Rikudo found ninjutsu though? I think its likely to assume that Founding Ninjutsu and teaching other nations how to protect themselves was Rikudo-Sannins attempt at achieving global peace. Now we don't know if it ever worked or even if this is for sure what Rikudo was trying to accomplish, but in the end Rikudo's actions and the enemies he fought to achieve his goals made him into a legend.

Rikudo became a legend for starting the way of the ninja and protecting its foundation with his unique powers. Rikudo clearly fought an evil as great as Pain, Madara, Kyuubi, Sasuke, etc... during his time and the power he used to defeat that enemy(Super Chibaku Tensi or whatever) was so great it earned him the myth that he created the very moon in the sky.

Now we have a current day hero who is starting to become a legend in his own right. Naruto doesn't have the Rannigan but he is the legendary host of the strongest of the nine demons. He master the skills of the ancient toad hermits earning himself the title of Sage and has defeated countless skilled opponets. He is the child prophicized to bring about a revolution and to learn to control the nine tailed fox. Naruto posses jutsu on unprecidented skill level and power like FRS a technique not thought possible.

So what is Rikudo-Sannin's role in the manga. Rikudo-Sannin is naruto's ultimate benchmark. Naruto's true goal and final destination at the end of the manga is to reach the legendary status of Rikudo-Sannin. To find his own answer to bring peace and to produce jutsu of such legendary skill and power that 1,000 years later people will still talk about them in myth and legend.

Before we thought that Minato was Naruto's ultimate benchmark or Shodai or all the hokage. But Naruto's True benchmark is to live up to this prophecy of the Toads and to reach the same heights or legendary status as Rikudo. Which begs the question how will he answer the call to peace this time. I think it would be quite poetic if Rikudo the first revolutionary shinobi thats talked about in myth and legend brought about the great age of Shinobi and taught the way of shinobi and the second great revolutionary shinobi brought the begining of the end of the Shinobi way. Just my two cents on Rikudo's role in the seris and naruto's connection to him.

2. ?  

great post, and thats what i'm thinking.

rikudo sealed madara's daddy in the moon with chibaku tensei.

3. Saiko You will be torn to pieces

Its Sennin not Sannin.

Rikudou is hiding from Madara on the Moon.

4. Mephissto Active Member

Maybe the existance of ninjutsu has something to do with the moon though.

At Saiko. Rikodou is dead. Go trolling elsewehere.

5. seastone A hidden

Well this is what Naruto's DB said

Naruto is going to just renown as Rikudou Sennin since not only will be the strongest he will also be that created true peace. I think it is no coincidence that they both are sages who desired peace.

I think it more because the rinnegan fans want to see another rinnegan user.Though I see Rikudou making appearance sicne I think there is more to him then a bench mark.

6. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

The Sage of the Six Paths will, at the very most, make a cameo appearance. He won't have any relevance to the plot, but is most likely going to Amegakure sometime to take Nagato's corpse and bury it in a way properly befitting a man with God's Eyes. He may, if Naruto and Madara are fighting nearby, make a passing comment on how he didn't create ninjutsu so people like Madara could exist. He'll probably look at Naruto and smile before walking off-panel with Nagato's corpse.

7. Godammit Active Member

What's wrong with you, you make long post wich a thougt trough, but you can't spell names well ? It's Konan not Kannon and Rikudou Sennin and not Rikudou Sannin.

Jesus

8. Diamond Dust ƘōōŁ & ĦūᵯᴃŁḗ

By reading the post I think madara isn't the final villain. It is some who is older than madara himself or someone that is rikudo level. The way how naruto is going, its no longer a battle of physical struggle, but a battle of the most verbally warrior wins.

9. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

No need to assume anything, Jiraiya stated that the religion Rikudou created eventually became ninja techniques X.

10. Rabbit and Rose Phantom adoration

Foreign ppl form distant lands are the final villains, like the history of japan

11. Klue 輪廻

In Turrin's defense, this thread was created prior to the release of chapter 449.

12. Godammit Active Member

Who revived this thread ?

13. Clay The Writing Writer Super Moderator

Check the second post.

14. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Active Member

Well if he won't appear as a say opponent, why keep some powers of the Rinnegan unseen along with his design and indicating he was more powerful than Nagato could ever be via the moon comparison.

15. dynatious The Overthinker

I believe Naruto is a descendant of Rikudo or his clan!

16. Naruuby Proud ex-owner of Kyuubi

I'd say Kishi just made stuff up to make Nagato look awesome and legendary before the konoha fight.

17. Khazzar Hand of the King

Quite sharp thinking,i share your opinion.

18. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Active Member

X

19. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

What I said is actually not an attack at all; it's more like, "You got it Turrin."

20. Klue 輪廻

Oh, I know you weren't attacking. :hurr

21. Naruuby Proud ex-owner of Kyuubi

Define "in front of." Nagato thinks he has the power of a god. Does a God have limits when it comes to panting too much?

22. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Active Member

Konan asks why he's making it [Chibaki Tensei] so big implying that its rare he'd do so. He even said he couldn't hold back [in his state given he used a lot of chakra by this point].
    But yet decided to say despite making it [Chibaki Tensei] so big with his own power it can't compare to the moon the Sage of the Six Paths made with the Sage's own power. That indicated that the Sage is more powerful than Nagato.

Meaning it would be odd if the Sage was a tool to make Nagato seem more awesome as Nagato practically admitted inferiority to him.

23. Naruuby Proud ex-owner of Kyuubi

..."besides compared to the moon the sage of six paths was said to have created... this is nothing."

It's nice to speculate totally based on another speculation.

24. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Active Member

Not speculation, its in the manga. Also in this manga the author wouldn't have put that comment there if it weren't true in the manga.:edu

Did you know the Rinnegan "was said" to only exist in myth? Look how that turned out.

25. Naruuby Proud ex-owner of Kyuubi

:laugh Except the rinnegan myth is backed by proof.

Which of these following statements offer more certainty?

1) He was said to have read too deep into the plot.
    2) He was reading too deep into the plot.

26. Klue 輪廻

The point.

Nagato's power is below that of the Rikudou Sage.

27. ShadowRayin That Guy...

....and you feel that you have a right to comment on the spelling and/or grammar of someone else? wow....

Anyway its a good thread

28. Lipid Sama Candy Hunter

I think Godzilla is sealed in the moon, and Madara is going to release him as the ultimate summon.

But yeah. My guess is that its an embellished story to flaunt Rikudou powers. However I do think he was real, and I think Madara's eye of the moon plan has something to do with him. I think hes going to steal Orochimaru's edo tensei, to reanimate Rikudou. Than steal his power. :\

29. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Active Member

The Rinnegan myth was considered a myth as was the Rikudou Sennin. Kishi put that there to indicate Nagato was weaker than the Sage of the Six Paths. Which kills your point about him [the sage] being used as a tool to make Nagato seem more awesome and legendary.

30. ? &nbsp;

i did, my mistake :p

i felt bad for him, he put all that effort into making a long and thought out post, and didn't get not one reply, so i did it.

31. God Is extremely merciful for the right price

This is a theory I suggested when I first came to this forum. I was shot down badly :(:D:

Good to see you brought it up again :laugh

32. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

I thought Naruto had the fourth to live up to?

33. Perseverance Only God Can Judge Me

I hope that Rikudou Sennin has a major part to play in this manga, you can't hype something up so much and not expect to see it in practice.

34. Uzamaki Nagato Agent of Justice

Wrong.

It's the Juubi what's up in the Moon.

Any how, Naruto will surpass Rikudo Sennin. This is the pinnacle of the manga's story - to make it interesting, Madara will ultimately, gaining the Juubi's power for himself, reach even further than the Sage did in power, and Naruto thus will need to be equal to the final villain in order to stop him, that is, to be greater than Juubi Rikudo. He surpassed Kakashi after the fight with Kakuzu, surpassed Jiraiya and Minato before the Pain battle, will surpass Killer Bee w/Samehada after Bijuu training, will surpass Shodai somehow or other, and last but not least, surpass Rikudo himself, and maybe Madara too...making him the strongest shinobi in history.

It's supposed to happen. Now you might say 'But no Rikudo is just too insanely powerful, not even Madara will surpass him'. Well, suppose you're still back in the times where Part I unfolded, and there was no Part II. So, no Susanoo, no SM, no 'Itachi was a good guy along', no Akatsuki we know apart from Itachi, Kisame and Orochimaru, and no 'Shodai is the strongest Hokage'. Plus, no 'Sharingan > Orochimaru' either. And certainly, you would laugh at the idea of these things happening, let alone Rikudo. These are the things people would never expect.

1. Kakashi having a Mangekyou Sharingan randomly, and suddenly being able to teleport people to other dimensions no less randomly.

2. Deidara being able to blow up large parts of villages with his bombs, or killing Boss Summons one-shot with a suicide explosion technique covering ten KM. And flight! What the hell, DBZ level.

3. Seriously, what the hell? Rinnegan? A guy called Pain? Blowing up villages with a wave of his hand? And even trapping KN6-KN8 in Chibaku Tensei? And Naruto destroying a huge part of the destroyed Konoha himself with Fuuton: Rasenshuriken when missing? Energy Blasts incinerating huge forests? Shinobi who can actually fight and defeat Bijuu without Boss Summons?

4. Susanoo. Seriously, it tanked a thunderstorm - the ultimate defense it is! And said thunderstorm blew the abandoned Uchiha Stronghold into bits!

5. LOL Raikage. Wrestling in a Shinobi World? But he nearly killed Sasuke and smashed incomplete Susanoo, which had even far more durability than the entire Stronghold! No way could this happen.

6. Kisame is flooding areas like no tomorrow! Chakra comparable to a Bijuu! Transformation! What the hell, DBZ-Level Suiton user.

7. Killer Bee! The ultimate!

8. Rikudo? Juubi? What the heck are you talking about - this is pure fanfiction! This isn't DBZ! Sorry, wrong section!

35. Klue 輪廻

Shinobi Naruto: Don't be an asshole. That post was made months prior to the most recent revelations.

36. stainedshuriken Soldier

Thread may need to be locked because it appears too many people do not pay attention to the date of the original poster...