1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Naruto and One Piece Avenue move

Discussion in 'The Konoha Times' started by Xiammes, Dec 1, 2016.

Vote

1. Merge the Naruto Avenue into the Akihabara Gallery

34 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. Merge the One Piece Avenue into the Akihabara Gallery

25 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Do not merge the Naruto Avenue into the AG

52 vote(s)
    45.6%
  4. Do not merge the One Piece Avenue into the AG

46 vote(s)
    40.4%
  5. I don't really care

19 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Roronoa Zoro Demon King

@Xiammes How about moving One Piece Avenue directly below the Naruto Avenue and moving the Akihabara Gallery below that?

Naruto Avenue
    One Piece Avenue
    Akihabara Gallery
    Akihbara District

This is a better order IMO

2. Xiammes mooderator Super Moderator

3. fuff Maybe next time ;)

no leave it! we have home base on there for the naruto one where some of us regulars chill....moving stuff around we could be homeless...and forum activity could go down. i remember this other forum i used to use the guy took one thread out and the whole forum went down hill and nobody would use it anymore

4. Zensuki You're annoying

This. Naruto doesn't even have new content and its till one of the most popular sections, competing with DBZ and OP who have new content on a weekly basis. With the Boruto anime, the section will see more activity and I think the franchise is far from over. A lot of people join this forum just for Naruto and it being active will be a plus as there aren't many dedicated Naruto discussion sites.

5. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Why not? I'm obviously biased, but I too am annoyed OP is under the Akihabara Districts/Library. And OP now contains only two sections anyway. You need to scroll more to get to OP than you'd have to get to Akihabara if OP were moved up.

6. miladyy Sasuke is Everywhere

Initially, I thought Naruto was dead, so it didn't matter to me. But now that I think about it, merging Naruto Avenue into AG makes absolutely no sense. With Boruto Anime officially announced, I think Naruto deserves its own section :naruto

7. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

But honestly...weren't like a lot of projects announced for Naruto, the first part being the Boruto Manga and movie? Wasn't it obvious they'd continue to milk the franchise? I'm just honestly asking because I don't really care much anymore...

8. B Rabbit OL's Best

People won't go to a Naruto forum to discuss One Piece when multiple forums are dedicated to it more every day more so than say when you originally opened it up. However I agree, just move it up above the Akihibara. I do not understand why it was below.

9. Roronoa Zoro Demon King

Putting One Piece Avenue below the Naruto Avenue and the Gallery below that will have the Big 3 lined up right next to each other.

10. Haruka Katana Catstabber

Yes they are milking the franchise. Kishi is still involved somehow

11. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

And I wouldn't have to scroll down the whole Akihabara Gallery anymore to get to One Piece :skullrouge

12. sakuraboobs SasuSaku is Kishi's OTP

If by merging things means we will be free from all spoiler rules, I'm okay with that. :tomato

14. Rohan Badass Boy

First the Naruto series is over, it's the Boruto series now, so all the sections need a name change. :cat

Second, It would be best if there is an transition from Naruto specific to general manga discussions. There is no guarantee that the series will improve considering how horrible it has been and when the series starts losing steam the quality of discussions will decrease and members will also leave. With the member count of 200 members online continuously, if a shift is done then this forum will have a better chance of staying fresh and active.

15. Platypus Moderator Moderator

KL got about 11k posts in November-December. Half of those are people's posts in the Convo, most of which aren't even about Naruto. So not indicative of the traffic the series is drawing.

NBD got about 16k posts in the same period of time, making it the fifth most active section of the forum (after OBD, Chatterbox, Dragon Ball and the Café). It's arguably the only Naruto section that sees substantial on-topic activity. We were planning to put all battledomes together in one avenue somewhere near the top of the front page.

Alternatively, we could do the same with Naruto Avenue as we did with One Piece avenue: one main section (with one or two subsections if need be) & one battledome section. Anime and manga talk can be put in one section tbh since we've finally reached a point where both media are at about the same point in the story/timeline. But it also depends on whether or not the anime and manga are getting a Dragon Ball Super-esque treatment.

Implying Studio Clown's sequel anime is going to suddenly attract lots of attention. They've already been milking the series with filler for years. Boruto isn't going to be different because Kishimoto is somehow ""involved"" (which he has always been considering he—or at the very least a representative—is part of the anime and movies' Production Committees). It's weird seeing people put their faith in the anime all of a sudden. Naruto is no Dragon Ball, which had a huge anime following. Naruto vs. Sasuke was the most exciting thing that happened in the anime last year and the discussion thread only got 188 posts. I can't see Boruto getting that, but let's assume it will for a second: that's still less than a thousand posts per month (4-5 episodes per month).

What's a lot? 10 over the course of the last few months? I don't have any numbers but I'm pretty sure more people join for and then actually post in the OBD than they do for/in Naruto sections.

Mbxx recently told us he's going to retheme the forum when he's got time, which could go hand in hand with a domain change (the old narutoforums.com will be kept as a redirect I assume but the guy's so vague about everything, only logs in every few weeks and we don't even know how or if Tazmo's still involved, so iunno, no promises).

16. PhantomSage Solo King

OBD and NBD are the most active BD sections.
    and the OBD is considering a merge of all BD sections as well

17. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

Come on, you guys advertized such a cool new design. With all the manga links on top and everything. Now it's all being discarded because of a Boruto anime?

Is that anime even that popular?

18. Xiammes mooderator Super Moderator

Its not completely discarded, just made me rethink things. If Boruto turns out to be trash and not draw anyone, then the plans might be back on.

19. Rohan Badass Boy

I don't think we should trust this Boruto Anime.....

20. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

What the hell are they even going to animate? Are they going to rehash the movie YET AGAIN? Is it going to be based on a monthly manga that just started? Wtf?

21. Platypus Moderator Moderator

22. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Good luck then.

23. Platypus Moderator Moderator

Forgot Kishi said he's involved. Guess that makes it less filler compared to most other Naruto anime filler.

The anime won't be adapting the sluggishly paced, monthly manga anytime soon for sure.

24. Takahisa Art is a BANG!

As much as Boruto series is still alive I don't think it's a good idea to merge the NA in the AG. People in the NA will eventually quit, if that's what you all want.

25. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

So the staff is betting the fate of the forum on a Boruto anime that is going to become 100℅ filler after ep. 5?

Ok then.

26. Gino CUINH311

X

27. Arthurthegrimreaper Member

I don't think it's a good idea to merge the NA in the AG

28. Arthurthegrimreaper Member

I have a question which is better naruto or one piece?from what I've read so far I like both.which ones do you think is better?

29. La presagio memories never fade you shall understand my pain

30. BlueDemon Demon's back in business!

Or never.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  31. Arthurthegrimreaper Member