1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Musketeers vs. Conquistadors

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Jakers, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Jakers Level of Fucks Given: Zero

France's elite soldiers serving King Louis vs. Spain's elite soldiers led by Hernan Cortes

Who wins?

2. I3igAl Active Member

This should mean Garde Musketeers not the average heavy infanterist.

Are the Conquistadores an elite unit? I thought they were just random adventurers trying to make their fortune. Although they godstomped the Aztec people.

3. Jakers Level of Fucks Given: Zero

i only mentioned king louis just to give both sides an unique introduction of their own, like I do with hernan cortes (since most conquistadors are associated with him).

well they were elite in weapons and technology compared to the lightly armored Aztecs. I don't think they fought many other people besides the natives from the americas.

4. Nevermind Evil Nihilist

And you're right. They weren't elite warriors like the Musketeers of the Guard. If this is unit vs unit, the espirit de corps of the Musketeers should be a lot higher, and the average Musketeer of the Guard had a shitton of experience in sword fighting. Not to mention that their firearms should be slightly better as well.

5. I3igAl Active Member

Okay than it is like I thought. Then the musketeers takes this relatively easy, they should also have superior team tactic's. They are superior in melee. A msketeer is a guy, who starts duels for fun, even when it already got forbidden by death penalty. They are nobles and have a higher percentage of horseman. The spanish armor shouldn't help that much, there is must be a reason, why those wren't used in Louie XIII. France that often anymore.

6. Jakers Level of Fucks Given: Zero

I thought they were both even in terms of armor. I mean steel cuirass is pretty hard to beat in a melee fight.

7. Riddler Active Member

Conquistadors? Was it forty? Or was it 400? :LOS

8. Samavarti Everything will be ok

Musketeers are better trained and probably better equipes, while Los Conquistadores were a bunch of people searching for fortune with no much training whose victory had a lot fo help of the smallpox, and their Hernan Cortez resemblance to their myth.
    That said shouldn't the Conquistadores have numeric advantage?

9. Jakers Level of Fucks Given: Zero

Maybe it is.

10. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

Spain did to be fair have a very powerful very well respected and very dangerous army for a long time. then they stupidly bankrupted themselves fighting Religious wars while England and France were busy kicking the rest of the worlds asses and becoming powerful and wealthy civilizations for it

It's amazing though how many people think France never had a bad ass army and still don't historically they have to have always been in the top three if not enjoying a stint in the number one spot. Seriously WW2 aside (which seemed to be more about mule stupid arrogance and a string catastrophic judgment calls from the French leadership then their own soldiers lacking balls they had plenty of that but monkeys were flying the starship basically)

Garde Musketeers would probably not have much in the way of practical experience though yes? unlike the regular french soldier who probably had an ass load more Lewis own would probably spend more time being body guards no?

the average conquistador on the other hand while not an actual soldier did come from a country that had been fighting off Moors for a long time and would have likely had enormous amount of experience in the new world. I'd think the musketeer would be more professional but I wouldn't rule out the conquistador he maybe little more than a hired gun but he might be one that's been raping and fighting for god and money since he was a kid

11. Jakers Level of Fucks Given: Zero

Man can't believe it's been a year since I made this thread. Whoo boy... how time flies so fast that I miss 2011 (and soon to be, 2012).

Anyways I wonder... if both Hernan Cortes and Francisco Pizzarro had prep and all his weapons, could he take on the French Musketeers?

or for a more interesting scenario, how would D'Artagne and the Three Musketeers from Alexander Duma's novel fare against Hernan Cortes, Francisco Pizzarro, or any Conquistador squad for that matter?

12. Hidalgo Just a simple man.

Good points.

13. The Immortal WatchDog don't step in my yard

14. Crimson Dragoon Kaiser

you don't fucking necro threads

15. Jakers Level of Fucks Given: Zero

Easy buddy... it was just in commemoration for the good ones I made last year and this year. :(

@ Immortal Watchdog: I couldn't agree more mate.