1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

MS Sasuke vs. Sandaime Raikage

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Kai, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Kai R I N N I N G Moderator

EDIT: Move to BD please.

Sasuke at the height of his MS takes on the Third Raikage. Can he do it?

Setting: X
    Knowledge: Basic Sharingan, Amaterasu. Full on each other's Raiton proficiency.
    Distance: 20 meters
    Restrictions: None, both are IC.

Both want each other dead. Discuss.

2. voozel chill (o Y o)

i think he could ..he fought current raikage with bunch of other ppl and still had some powers so fight a little with the other kages ...so yeah i think he can ...he should use tsukyoumi

3. Itachisaywat Active Member

It's possible if he's able to dodge Amaterasu multiple times. I'm not so sure if the Third can exactly tank an Amaterasu if he needed to. Sasuke has susano'o too, which may save him from a low powered finger attack. He doesn't have knowledge on the technique, but he can possibly reach a conclusion since he has a similar technique in his arsenal (or is that what you meant by raiton proficiency).

4. Empathy Disciple of Thunder

By "height of his MS" do you mean Sasuke gets his X Susanoo?

5. Kai R I N N I N G Moderator

He doesn't have feats for it as a MS user, so no. For thread purposes, assume Sasuke starts off with X level of Susano'o.

6. Puppetry Ōkashō

Sasuke can X with Ē in close quarters, who, at the very least, possesses his father's speed. Should he feel overwhelmed by the Sandaime (unlikely) a quick paralysis genjutsu or prompt Susano'o deployment should provide the necessary opening for Chidori variants.

It will be a waste of chakra, but once Sasuke discovers this, he'll resort to his trump cards: namely, Amaterasu. It's previously X Raiton no Yoroi, so it should be effective here. Supplemented by Enton manipulation, it should spread fairly quickly and kill the Sandaime.

X
    X

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  7. Heshimaru Newbie of the shadows

I was literally JUST about to create a Sandaime Raikage battle.

Anywho, I really want to say Sasuke, but I just haven't seen him do anything that puts him above Sandaime Raikage. I mean, his skill can easily pierce a Susano'o that A already proved he can smash through. Even with his Susano'o complete, he still lacks what is known as Yata Mirror. I feel that it's the only thing that would shut Sandaime down.

Then again, I don't think he'll be taking an Amaterasu Sword to the face no matter how duriable he is.

8. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦

Sasuke lacks the proper arsenal to take down Sandaime Raikage, even if he gets hit with Amaterasu, his armor would take on the full blow and then he'd proceed to finger Sasuke :zaru

GG Uchiha :blinditachi

9. EliteJD Member

someone who almost died fighting A (who only lost lost his arm because of emotion) sure as hell ain't no match for the third raikage who fought 10.000 man all by himself and actually lived to tell about it...

the only attack that actually had effect on the third was his own attack.. there is no prove that sasuke's techniques are stronger than thirds finger techniques (you get it FINGER) also even if amaterasu would have effect.. i think it would take a time for it to actually burn raikage down :)

10. Grimm

Ryuzaki just said that an Uchiha is defeated by the 3rd Raikage? :amazed
    Ah... This isn't Itachi. Of course.

Either way I think that Sasuke could win this match. It's 50/50 IMO. The 3rd can easily pierce his Susano'o with his finger techniques that can even bypass his ultimate defence(ultimate raiton no yoroi + great skin durability).
    But Sasuke has a shot with his Susano'o meele attacks and amaterasu.

As you said Ryuzaki, I think it's debatable weather amaterasu would work here or not. 3rd's raiton no yoroi >>> A's (I'm saying this in case Sasuke get's a shot, because the 3rd can easily dodge it, even more so with knowledge).

11. Turrin 玄武

Not really enough information to call this match based on feats, considering we don't know if Sandaime would be fast enough to evade Amaterasu or sturdy enough to tank it. However given the fact that Kishi had SM Naruto defeat him after he gained knowledge of Hell Bringer, I'm pretty sure here with Sasuke having the same knowledge if they fought in the manga Kishi would have Sasuke figure out how to defeat him as well.

12. Kai R I N N I N G Moderator

Not disagreeing with the fact that Amaterasu would eventually consume the 3rd, but given his durability (FRS) and endurance (10,000 men/3 days) he could probably wear Amaterasu like a coat for a while. A flaming juggernaut may make it a turn for the worst for Sasuke.

If he can dodge Amaterasu with prior knowledge is also a debatable matter.

13. Ghost Active Member

Sandaime ain't dodging Amaterasu. :giogio Sasuke takes this by igniting Sandaime with Amaterasu and spamming Susano'o arrows.

Sasuke with high-difficulty.

14. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦

I'm not as much of an Itachi as you make me out to be. At one point or another, I think I was tied with ImSerious for creating the most spite-threads involving Itachi. GrimmjowSensei and Nikushimi have been around long enough to testify to my subliminal Itachi hate :maybe

Against Itachi, Sandaime Raikage hasn't shown to be excessively fast to the point where he is disappears from a shinobi's perception. I can see Itachi beating him but with Totsuka and more than likely high-difficulty as I'm pretty sure Raikaggernaut's Finger > Susano'o.

If it's A vs. Itachi, then A wins :zaru

15. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

A flaming Juggernaut a? I beg to differ given the fact that Cerberus/Raikage/Hachibi/Sasuke all the individuals touched by the flames either immediately succumbed to the effects of it's presence..... Or wasn't fairing too well.

The only one who wasn't hindered by the pain immediately was Raikage, however not expressing pain doesn't implicate it isn't doing damage.... Raikage saw it fit to amputate his arm, as it was essentially a lost cause at this point, and would only result in further damage if not treated.

And such was only his arm, we aren't discussing the possibility of other more "Sensitive" parts of the body.

I don't think at any point it was ever noted he produced speeds that rivals the prediction abilities of the sharingan.

Being fast doesn't = Automatic counter for Amaterasu. It is regarded as "Unavoidable" for a reason. A's feats is "Special" for a reason..

16. Kai R I N N I N G Moderator

Given the fact Sandaime has greater durability than all of those characters, your facts don't give much of anything.

The fight was over. A was more than ready to keep fighting with the black flames on his arm had the fight continued — why do you think he willingly and directly attacked Enton ?

Pretty fair sounding. There's a more extensive debate around his durability vs. Amaterasu than his speed vs. it anyways.

17. Ryuzaki Moonlight ۷۸٦

Sandaime Raikage has greater durability than all those you are comparing him to. A flaming Raikaggernaut would immediately disembowel Sasuke on the spot.
    Raikagernaut's speed isn't the only issue, his durability is what makes him so powerful. Sasuke doesn't have anything that would stop him from getting X like the 15 year old girl, that ironically, he turned out to be in the manga :zaru

18. Uzamaki Nagato Agent of Justice

TBH, Sandaime Raikage isn't that much more durable than his son, to the point that he can completely shrug off Amaterasu damage. A has been implied to be comparable to his father in terms of durability, with both of them tanking Mabui's space-time Ninjutsu without their chakra shrouds even active. Food for thought.

Also, Sandaime is only about as fast as v1 Raiton no Yoroi A, and A needed to charge up to v2 in order to evade Amaterasu, so Sandaime definitely isn't dodging Amaterasu. Sasuke can safely and easily outstall the Raikage until he collapses and dies due to extensive burn damage, by just taking to the skies on a Hawk.

Sasuke's Sharingan precognition should allow him to keep up with and evade Sandaime Raikage's superior speed, and give him enough good time to quickly summon a Hawk for flight and safety from the burning, raging and smouldering the Raikaggernaut back on the ground. That's his best chance of victory here.

At the same time, I'm not sure if the Sandaime Raikage can even penetrate Sasuke's Susano'o either, should Sasuke choose to stay on land. Madara survived a direct blast from Onoki's Jinton: Genkai Hakuri with a shieldless Susano'o active - the younger Uchiha's shielded form should block even Yonhon Nukite.

A Susano'o covered in Enton: Kagutsuchi can also pose a great danger to the Raikage, making it impossible for him to land a hit without losing one or more of his limbs, or even his entire body, to the black flames of Amaterasu. That may work, should the Sandaime Raikage somehow be capable of evading Amaterasu.

Also, Sasuke can pressure Sandaime Raikage a lot with Susano'o's arrows and super strength, too, making his burning to death an even more painful and quick process. Worst comes to worst, Sasuke can fire some Enton fireballs into the sky and generate some thunderclouds to charge up for a massive, powerful Kirin.

Sandaime Raikage's Yonhon Nukite easily penetrated his own body and cut him up like a Christmas cake. The mountain-busting Kirin should do the man in for sure, no matter how durable he is. It's on a whole other level from the Rasenshuriken which still cracked up the man's body as an Edo Tensei quite a bit.

Victor: Uchiha Sasuke.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  19. Baroxio Unlimited Strategy Works

Sasuke takes this easily as long as he's not an idiot.

All he has to do is hop on his bird summon and spam Amaterasu.

The Third Raikage has no long range techniques to speak off, and even if he can do as his son did and dodge Amaterasu, neither of the two can dodge Amaterasu forever (especially considering the flames stay on the battlefield, and Enton can be used to control them) so he eventually loses, no two ways about it.

Any attempt he makes to get close by a jump is seen by Sasuke's Sharingan and gets him ignited with unquenchable black flames in an area he cannot dodge.

That's simply how Hax Amaterasu is.

If Taka Sasuke decides to copy Deidara, only the top tiers can stop him, and only because they have far more Hax than he does.

At high levels, physical abilities aren't nearly as important as the level of HAX you have (fuck hard work, Lee :lmao). And Sasuke's Hax >>>>>>>> Third Raikage's Hax.

Sure there may be a case where Sasuke will go for a physical attack, only to fail, but with Sharingan and Susano'o, getting out of a dangerous zone wouldn't be difficult in the least. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he needs to switch to long range...mode (must...resist...Kakuzu rant...:argh).

tl;dr? Sasuke wins. Easily.

20. Rocky Well-Known Member

Sasuke's not gonna spam Ammy all day. It no longer damages his eyes, but still consumes chakra.Sure he can do it for a while, but we know that 3rd stamina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sasuke stamina.

Also, I don't see why 3rd couldn't be as strong as Sussano'o. 3rd wrestled the Habachi to a tie. Im not so sure Sussano'o strength > Habachi Strength.

21. TheFlash Devil in Plain View

Why do people keep trying to set up fights between the Sandaime and Uchiha? Though the Sandaime is incredibly powerful, his weakness is MS techniques, particularly any genjutsu and Amaterasu. Sasuke should win this unless he is being aggressively stupid.

22. Empathy Disciple of Thunder

Yes, we do. We've seen the Sandaime's speed and there's nothing indicating that he can get faster. From his showings, his speed is not sufficient enough to dodge Amaterasu. And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to outright tank Amaterasu. He may be able to lash out longer than most but it will inevitably kill him.

23. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

He dodged Futon: Rasenshuriken twice. It can cross an entire mountain range in a single second, making it hypersonic+. I wonder what Amaterasu's been calced at.

24. Empathy Disciple of Thunder

I have no idea. I don't have much interest in OBD-esque calcs because I don't believe the author pays such close attention to detail. Deva was able to dodge Fuuton: Rasenshuriken twice—does that mean he can dodge Amaterasu too? Amaterasu is supposed to be an instantaneous jutsu, if that helps. I do know that A had to amp his Raiton no Yoroi up to bijuu levels of chakra in order to evade Amaterasu. What has the Sandaime displayed that puts him above this?

25. Rocky Well-Known Member

Actually, A went v2 when Sasuke used MS and Sussano'o. Amateratsu came right after, but I don't think A went v2 cause he was predicting Sasuke was goin to use Ammy.....cause..ya know.....A can't predict the future.

26. Empathy Disciple of Thunder

I never said he did it deliberately; just that he did it. Though Shi seems to imply X. I don't see how it matters. I hope you really aren't going to make me prove that A couldn't dodge Amaterasu without charging his Raiton no Yoroi with bijuu level chakra. That should be obvious.

27. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

It's not about predicting the future; it's about knowledge. Ē saw that Sasuke activated his Mangekyō Sharingan, thus he knew to prepare.

28. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Futon: Rasenshuriken crossed an entire mountain range in a single second, do you know how insanely fast that is? Amaterasu isn't instantaneous, that's hyperbole since we see the creation and launch of the fireball.

Deva-through Nagato can sense Amaterasu's activation, thus he can dodge.

29. Empathy Disciple of Thunder

Not faster than instant. That's how fast it is.

It appears on the target the caster is looking at(within a limited range). The fireball doesn't launch?it appears?instantaneously.

I severely doubt that Deva has speed on-par with A's fastest speed. I'd chalk that up more to Fuuton: Rasenshuriken not being as fast as you think, rather than Deva being so fast.

30. Rocky Well-Known Member

Agreed, you guys are correct. My fault.

For this fight, if Sasuke doesn't put up Susanno'o right way, he gets fingered. Even if he goes to Ammy, i think the 3rd can wear it long enough to beat Sasuke unless he takes flight. I mean, the guy full out TANKED FRS

Remember, Karin and Fodder samurai armor weren't to bothered by Ammy. Raikage can probably go for a while.

31. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

I do agree with you here; the Sandaime Raikage should be able to 'wear' Amaterasu for some time before it eventually consumes him.

You're correct, but those examples wouldn't be the best to use. Karin, for example, was hit by 'after-flames' rather than the focused version of Amaterasu, which could explain why we often see these inconsistencies.

32. Rocky Well-Known Member

True on the Karin thing, but i thought the Samurai took the whole thing? But I could be mistaken.

33. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Not quite. Those too were 'leftover' flames from the initial target of Amaterasu Ē. It's just slightly different from what we saw with Karin (the flames were already present).

The intensity of the black flames is dependent on the caster's level of focus, it seems.

34. Rocky Well-Known Member

Ah alright I see, thank you for the information smile-big.

35. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

But it isn't instant. It always has a build up time.

No...we've seen it as a fireball. Appearing instantly is a fallacy. We even see how it travels.

Dude, we see it BEING that fast. It crosses an entire mountain range in a single second, making it pretty much instant.

36. Stermor Active Member

sandaime pressured dat clone.. even while on low chakra dat clone should be capable of speeds rivaling those of A.. .

that fact means the sandiame is close to the speed of A.. and for certain much faster then sasuke..

else the hole fight would have been trivalized.. naruto in rm beeing much fster wouldn't even have bothered with sm for even better reactions.. he would have casually push the sandiames arm through his boby..

but because we know he required all that.. we can know the sandaime is atleast on the same lvl of speed as RM naruto and A.. maybe not as fast but signifanctly faster then sasuke..

that and i really doubt Amaterasu will bother the sandaime if A forgot about it..

plus the facts that of all the people who got hit with amaterasu.. we can only know for certain the doggie was in pain.. all the others either didn't notice or w're likely playing arround..