1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

MS Sasuke vs 3rd Raikage

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Eliyua23, May 22, 2012.

1. Eliyua23 Active Member

Restrictions: none
    Knowledge: manga
    Distance: 50m
    Mindset: IC

2. Rocky Well-Known Member

If Sasuke starts out this fight like fight like he did against A, then he's gonna get sliced in half. Rib Cage Susano'o isn't tanking 1 Finger Nukite. Susano'o seems to have a slight weakness to piercing attacks, as we saw with Danzo slicing an opening in V3 Susano'o with concentrated Fuuton.

If Sasuke starts with V4 Susano'o.....well the Raikage's fucked. Ammy spamming combined with Enton is a CQC fighter's living hell. Eventually, Ammy and Susano'o-Arrows and such will wear The 3rd out untill Sasuke can just overwhelm him.

3. IchLiebe Da Sage

3rd Raikage possibly puts the worse ass whooping ever to be put on an Uchiha in history, oh what a glorious day it would be.

Tsukuyomi- Useless
    Amaterasu- Useless
    Susanoo- Useless

4. tnorbo Active Member

sasuke takes it rather easily. the 3rd has only shown a v1 shroud, which means hes likely not dodging amaterasu.

5. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

With manga knowledge and and in character mindset, they are bound to feel each other out. The Sandaime Raikage may know a thing or two about Uchihas and may have even encountered the Mangekyo, while Sasuke will recognize Raiton no Yoroi. I seriously doubt that genjutsu will be much use here, be it for one reason or another, and I also doubt Kirin will come into play (I suspect the match will be decided long before Sasuke decides to use it and then preps it).

They pretty much have to charge at each other, and what is bound to happen is pretty much what happened in the manga with Sasuke and Ei, except this time Sasuke won't stay still after landing the Chidori that I do not believe will be so much as scratching the Raikage. After that point, he will know he needs the Mangekyo, although he may end up finding himself surprised by some mid ranged black lightning attacks and follow ups. But I think he can survive that, even if it takes Susano'o.

He will know better than to use merely the ribcage form of Susano'o, but whether he uses bone form of full form (I doubt he would strain himself trying to use the armored form), it won't make a difference defensively. The Raikage won't be able to penetrate with brute force, and will be forced to use Nukite while Sasuke may want to try arrows. However, arrows can probably be dodged by someone of the Raikage's speed and tanked if he catches one in surprise.

Amaterasu in Sasuke's only real shot here, and that loses a not inconsiderable amount of effectiveness if the Raikage has faced it before. But that would be a big assumption, so we won't go there in any depth. A lot comes down to whether he can turtle up in Susano'o, and prep Amaterasu before the Raikage uses Nukite and pierces right through to tag a shocked Sasuke (if he uses the full form, he may need two fingers; heck, maybe even one for armored version).

If he can, a lot again comes down to whether the Raikage is already moving at high speeds (well, in a direction that is not linear towards Sasuke), in which case Sasuke probably can't tag him. But I don't believe he can dodge Amaterasu standing still, and if he feels threatened enough, he may used the shield of Amaterasu. And then it comes down to whether the chakra of Nukite can push aside the flames before reaching Susano'o.

If Sasuke tags him but can't keep his eye properly focused on him because of the speed of his movement (a very real possibility), the flames will burn slower and the Raikage can cut his arm off later, but probably won't have to right away given his superior durability. It is also possible that he may be hit or the flames will spread in a place he can't cut off, which could very well result in a double KO if he gets Sasuke and then succumbs to the flames.

Edited to acknowledge that certain arguments have persuaded me to alter my vote: There are lot of ifs in this scenario but I think it will end up resulting 7 times out of ten in the Raikage's favor with high difficulty and will resolve another 2 times out of ten as a draw.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  6. KyuubiYondaime Heisenberg

Amaterasu could win this, I'm not sure he could dodge it since he only showed V1, and SM Naruto dodged him quite easily.

Amaterasu keeps burning for like...ever, so he's definetely not gonna get off that easily.

He's likely a good deal stronger than A, considering how A is weaker than Tsunade physically, but A's attacks were like fleabites to Stage 2 Susanoo, which doesn't even have an armor, so with Stage 4 that does have a doble armor, it can likely safe Sasuke long enough to land an Amaterasu. Besides, Sasuke can engulf his Susanoo with Amaterasu, which will make Raikage's attempt of hurting him meaningless, as he'll be caught on fire, and can be an easier pray to Sasuke's Amaterasu.

So I say Sasuke takes it High difficulty.

7. Koto Banned

Classic Mangekyō underestimation.

X

X

He can certainly grab the v1 cloak and then use Amaterasu, although Amaterasu would hit the v1 cloak unassisted given the above image, and Mangekyō genjutsu would also work unassisted.

The idea that the Kages are immune was based off of a bad translation. Gaara and A and Minato and everybody else have been looking at the Sharingan, but Sasuke, Madara, and Tobi pass it up.

8. bleakwinter Spiteful Bitch

What would Sasuke's Amaterasu do to Sandaime Raikage exactly?

Several samurai had Amaterasu burning on them for an elongated period of time but survived with no serious injuries. A's arm was afflicted by Amaterasu, and showed no immediate form of trauma (Until he amputated it).

Sandaime Raikge's Raiton-shrouded body received a direct hit from Sage Mode Futon: Rasenshuriken, something powerful enough to shred Human Path into nothingness (X), yet was left completely in-tact.

I'm not seeing how Amaterasu, an attack that people with far less durability have survived, is going to destroy Sandaime Raikage (If it even harms him at all) before Sasuke's overuse of Mangekyou Sharingan takes it toll on him.

9. Koto Banned

You're not making the distinction between Amaterasu and the black flame. Amaterasu is the release. One is the technique. The other is the material. The technique instantly kills the Cerberus and incinerates fireproof flesh. The material burns clothing and steel and trees at normal rate for fire.

The difference between Amaterasu and black flames is the same difference between the Rasenshuriken and a powerful breeze. The technique is what makes the element so dangerous: not the element itself. However, the blaze element is a heightened element, and does have one special property: it's inextinguishable.

10. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Active Member

The 3rd Raikage probably cannot dodge Amaterasu, and has no other counters to it. He gets hit by Amaterasu in all likelyhood and eventually succumbs to it, but it will take a while due to his insane durability.

Sasuke can dodge his linear attacks (the rubber guy did as well) a few times, but the 3rd Raikage should still be a speed tier or more above Sasuke so if Sasuke does not use Susano to protect himself he will eventually be overwhelmed in CQC.

One of the biggest questions here is whether or not his Finger Nukite can pierce Susano. I suspect that it can't, but we never saw the upwards limit on the Jutsu.

I think Sasuke Amaterasu's him, hides behind Susano for a few minutes, and the 3rd then dies (or weakens to the point Susano is no longer needed and then the 3rd dies). The Raikage might be able to overwhelm Sasuke at close range with Sasuke's lack of knowledge. There is also the possibility of a tie with the Raikage getting hit by Amaterasu, later dying by it, but not before Sasuke dies (either of exhaustion related to Susano over use or the 3rd destroying him).

I'll say Sasuke wins 5/10, the 3rd wins 2/10, and they both die 3/10.

11. Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that, as it's never really stated in the Manga.

Amaterasu did directly hit Nagato, and even with his frail body, he wasn't incinerated before he fell to the ground and mangened to get off an ST. The Samurai also took a direct hit, and his armor survived.

12. bleakwinter Spiteful Bitch

1) I don't recall such a distinction ever being made. Could you please post a scan of that statement? If what you were saying was true, then the so-called 'release' still should've instantly killed Karin and the samurai, yet it didn't.

2) All of those feats you've listed are attributes of Itachi's Amaterasu, not Sasuke's. Since he's the one fighting Sandaime Raikage in this thread, his Amaterasu feats should be used, not Itachi's. We've seen Mangekyou Sharingan techniques differ from person-to-person. Itachi's Susanoo possesses Yata's mirrow and Totsuka, while Sasuke's possesses a bow and arrow. In addition, Sasuke doesn't even appear to be able to utilize Tsukiyomi (At least, not on the level that Itachi can). It should not be assumed that Sasuke's Amaterasu is equivalent to Itachi's, especially when feats suggest otherwise.

13. Koto Banned

I don't think Samurai took a direct hit, because he wasn't focused upon. Amaterasu was used on the spot where A was, and then the rolled backwards while Sasuke immediately tried to locate the Raikage. But even if it was a direct hit: it's steel - equally durable to the Sandaime Raikage's skin in hype, and the Samurai was clearly in danger if he hand't had the armor removed.

As for Nagato, he was incapacitated for the entire plot conversation, and we saw the last portion of his immortality-regeneration before he pushed the flames off. And as a matter of fact, this does somewhat support the notion that the technique Amaterasu is more than just black flames. I would not call Nagato frail either, because he took a big hit from v2 Killer Bee before activating Preta.

14. Krippy &#32

Sandaime should eventually succumb to Amaterasu. SM Naruto was able to dodge him, and the rubber guy reacted to him fine, so he won't be dodging it.

The question here is whether or not Sandaime can kill Sasuke before he is incinerated. Sasuke will most likely need his higher forms forms of Susanoo to block a one-finger Nukite. Sandaime might be able to pull it off if he wears Sasuke down before he is reduced to ash.

Sasuke 6/10
    Raikage 2/10
    Draw 2/10
    Nothing short of high diff on each side.

15. Panther Active Member

hebi sasuke outran amaterasu and only got caught in the end because of lack of speed. v1 would easily outrun amaterasu.

and even if he got hit whats amaterasu gonna do to him? he freaking tanked RM - FRS wich destroys chakra pathways on a celular lvl and stil got up.

16. ?Sharingan Squid? Dapper as fuck

Absolutely none of this is true, lol.

Light him up and keep him under a genjutsu. Pretty much GG.

17. bleakwinter Spiteful Bitch

That's counterproductive since pain breaks Genjutsu.

18. Ejenku Zero_Smoke

3rd Raikage is only in a V1 shroud. He can't dodge Amaterasu. He likely can keep fighting while it's burning him though for quite a while.

19. Goose Feather of Infinity Administrator

Amaterasu would eventually kill the Sandaime Raikage, should Sasuke be able to successfully execute it. However, given his immense durability and endurance, it would take a while, and chances are he'd still be able to fight a while still cloaked by the flames (like his son was, though to be fair the flames only cloaked his arm), making him temporarily more deadly in close combat. Of course, keeping a steady distance with his slew of techniques shouldn't be hard; he has Susano'o for defense (it's likely the Sandaime Raikage's Jigokuzuki can smash ribcage Susano'o like X, but I don't think it would work on the completed versions) and the hawk for flying out of his range.

In all honesty, catching him on fire with Amaterasu shouldn't be difficult at all. The Sandaime Raikage isn't nearly as fast as A, and he only dodged it because he was X. Shunshin is also substantially different to 'normal' battle speed in that it's merely a X, which cannot be sustained. Assuming the Sandaime Raikage could reach A levels of speed, he wouldn't be able to dodge for a continuous amount of time and would be caught eventually. If not, Sasuke can employ Enton to X to force the Sandaime Raikage to hit it, but that's pretty unlikely as the only reason A continued his attack was because he was so angry at Sasuke and the Sandaime shouldn't be nearly as bloodlusted. Then again, what are the chances of Sasuke missing? Let's account for all the factors:

1. The two are presumably within close proximity to each other (they're primarily close quarter fighters), and Amaterasu is X X.
    2. The Sandaime Raikage won't be expecting it.
    3. The Raikage isn't as fast as his son, and does not have the luxury of being able to amp his Raiton no Yoroi with more chakra in preparation for Amaterasu.
    Amaterasu is his best bet here, but it should be obvious that the Mangekyō Sharingan is his only true chance here. His base arsenal wouldn't cut it against him. Tsukuyomi could work, but catching direct eye contact may be difficult, and I don't think Susano'o is as reliable as Amaterasu in this case. The arrows are strong, yes, but if their X...they're probably not strong enough to cause significant wounds on his opponent here.

20. ueharakk Active Member

The best sasuke can do is a draw.
    Sandaime has the same raiton shield as A, but he has never gone up against Amaterasu, been hyped as the fastest man alive, or escaped the sharingan's sight, so the most probable conclusion is that he is not fast enough to evade amaterasu.
    If Sandaime can survive a FRS, then he should be able to survive slow-burning amaterasu long enough to kill sasuke.

MS Sasuke's susanoo was penetrated by danzo's fuuton powered up by baku's suction, which should still be leagues below the offensive power of a FRS which has far less piercing power than sandaime's nugite, so saindaime should be able to fairly easily breach any of sasuke's susanoo's, even his final susanoo, and that's basically all sasuke has.

Genjutsu is practically a non-factor due to sandaime constantly pumping tons of raiton through his nervous system, his immense speed, and reflexes.

So whether raikage wins or draws depends on sasuke's descision to use amaterasu before he gets skewered. If he uses amaterasu on sandaime, sandaime will resist the flames long enough to kill him.

21. Krippy &#32

This is all twisted logic, you forget to mention that that was the back of his Susanoo, and it was not entirely penetrated, it's armor was breeched and a weak spot was almost exploited. I doubt he can get through a complete Susanoo with anything less than a on-finger Nukite. Final Susanoo tanks the One-finger Nukite. With manga knowledge the Raikage wont aim for the back of Susanoo, and he has nothing that would divide Sasuke's attention in order to do so.

The whole "Raiton through his nervous system negates genjutsu" doesn't hold weight. Genjutsu controls the chakra in a victims brain, theres nothing that says this negates the effects of Genjutsu.

I doubt it. Sasuke has reacted to characters with similar if not better speed, (V1 Bee and 4th Raikage) SM Naruto and the rubber guy were able to react to him, so Sasuke just plays tag until the Raikage is no more.

22. Deadway `

Amaterasu means nothing, shit couldn't burn through Samurai armor let alone Karin's robe. Raikage purposely gets hit with it and puts some of it on his fist, he then proceeds to give Sasuke the worst fisting humanly possible.

23. Nikushimi Savior

Sasuke hits him with Amaterasu, puts up Susano'o, and keeps swatting him away until he burns to death. There's also still the question of whether or not Genjutsu would be effective, unlike it seemed to be with A.

Sandaime's not well-suited to fight Uchiha hax at all.

24. Nikushimi Savior

I hope you're only joking, because that "Karin's cloak/samurai armor" argument is so overplayed and inappropriate that it's not even worth a cogent refutation anymore...

25. ueharakk Active Member

It was entirely penetrated, if not, why was danzo going to run into sasuke if he was still protected? Anyway manga scans and statements clearly dictate sasuke being exposed.

And what susanoo feats give you the impression that final susanoo can tank a one-finger nukite?

And how do you stop genjutsu? With a burst of chakra to disrupt your own. What does genjutsu affect? The mind.
    Raiton (at bijuu levels) is constantly flowing through the nervous system of a raiton user which meets both of the criteria for genjutsu defense. I'm pretty sure that chances are it DOES negate genjutsu.

Susanoo slows its user's movements. Sasuke has the reactions to dodge and even counter sandaime in CQ, but after he does, he gets X and nugete'd.

Once sasuke dodges the first strike, or dodges and then counters, his only option is to put of susanoo, as he doesn't have the speed to get away from a V1 opponent in CQ.

26. Krippy &#32

No it wasn't. The skeleton was still there, protecting Sasuke.. It was unclear what Danzo was planning to do to the weak spot. He got destroyed regardless. You are going to have to do better than that.

What One-finger Nukite feats give you the impression that It can penetrate final Susanoo?

Who said the 3rd Raikage had Bijuu level chakra?
    And no, the fact that there is raiton chakra flowing through his mind doesn't mean he is protected from Genjutsu. The victim has to DISRUPT their chakra to escape (either stopping the flow or injecting foreign chakra). I don't see how Raiton does either of those.

Right. Then he puts up Susanoo, just like he did there.

Then Susanoo swats the Raikage away as he burns.I don't see why not, It Turned Danzo into a grass strain several times.

27. Deadway `

No, Sasuke gets no lubed terribly. Amaterasu is fuel for Hulkzilla.

:sun

Semi-joking

:LOS

28. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

The Third Raikage tied in a stamina contest with the Hachibi and got more hype for his stamina than even Ei (what with the ten thousand ninjas for three days, and all that). So yes, he has bijuu level chakra.

X

29. ueharakk Active Member

The dark flame indicates where susanoo's boundaries. There is a flame border around sasuke, and another around susanoo, which obviously means sasuke is not inside of susanoo.
    No actually YOU are going to have to do better than that, as statements, the actual scans and character actions all back me up. But of course no matter how much evidence is stacked against your side, if there is a shred that contradicts the opposition, you will run with it.

I already explained in the first post. If an amplified fuuton from danzou can penetrate susanoo's back. FRS is leagues above an amplified fuuton from danzou in terms of attack power. FRS failed to put penetrate the third with his raiton shield up, while the one-finger nukite punched a hole in him.

You would have to give reason to believe that the front of susanoo's durability is on a completely different levels upon levels from the back

His son was said to have bijuu level chakra, 3rd raikage fought against 8 tails equally, fought for 3 days strait against 10,000, could seal the 8tails with amber purifying pot, is far better than his son in everything except speed. Is that enough?

It's all about disrupting your own chakra flow. Genjutsu manipulates the chakra in the mind, if there chakra is constantly flowing through the nervous system (which includes the brain) how can one manipulate the chakra in the brain?

What level? 1,2? Which gets nukited and ripped apart. Don't tell me sasuke is going to generate a level 4 or even 3 susanoo in that tiny amount of time.

Comparing Danzo's physical attributes to Sandaime's? Sandaime dodges the hand, or nukites right through it.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  30. Krippy &#32

No. "Flame borders" don't mean jack. Why would Sasuke not be inside of Susanoo at that point? And no, the scan do you no justice as you still cannot explain how Danzo's fuuton magically bypassed the skeletal form of Susanoo and exposed Sasuke. I have checked both the manga scans and the anime, and they back up my stance. don't respond to this until you have solid proof.

"flame borders" is your only evidence, and that don't mean jack when you can't refute my stance.

At the very least there was the aura there protecting him. Sasuke was vulnerable, but not that vulnerable.

LOL @ the bold. :lmao This is obvious. The back is the weak spot as shown in Danzo vs. Sasuke. He still aint penetrating Final Susanoo. I doubt FRS could harm Sasuke in a frontal attack while he is sitting in Final Susanoo.

The 3rd Raikage =/= The 4th Raikage.

And no that is not enough. That just means he has high levels of chakra. You have no proof that is exceeds the capacity of his son.

What? There is always chakra flowing through the brain, it is part of the chakra network. That how genjutsu works, it manipulates the chakra flowing through the brain. There is not a shred of solid evidence that suggests that more chakra = genjutsu resistance.

Doesn't matter, I doubt Sasuke will get that close when he is just waiting for the Sandaime to disintegrate. Once he sees the Nukite, he will stay back.

Then he uses the other hand.:oh Or Sasuke just moves around, playing tag until the Sandaime is dust. Simple.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  31. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

The back was only the weak point because Baku was pulling Susano'o defensive chakra forward, even pulling chunks of chakra off of it that we see flying through the air. And incidentally, the skeleton is visibly no longer defending Sasuke. The spinal chord only appeared above him at that point, and Danzo saw an opening.

I don't see what refutation is needed for your stance, I'm afraid. Your stance is basically "no, its not true". And Danzo's Fuuton didn't magically bypass anything, it ripped right through the spinal chord. And the aura hasn't shown any defensive power. At best, it would have the same minor deflective power that Neiji's projected chakra displayed.

32. Corax Active Member

Might end in a draw. It is unclear how long it would take for Amaterasu to burn 3rd. I think far more than a few minutes because Nagato (who is also very durable but still far below Sandaime raikage in durability) was only slightly burned by it after a several minutes of burning (hard to say how long Itachi s conversation was) and he was completely engulfed in black flames. So Sandaime would die from Amaterasu but also possibly take Sasuke in the process because even EMS Sasuke can keep up Susano for a limited time.

33. Koenma Member

I only need to know two things to decide the outcome.

1.If the 4th Raikage didn't show any signs of pain from amaterasu then the 3rd won't either. He took on the 8 tailed beast and also tanked a rasen-shuriken, both of these feats cause far more damage than amaterasu.

2.Can the 3rd Raikage pierce susanoo? Well lets put it like this, RM Naruto used rasen-shuriken on the 3rd Raikage and it didn't even put a scratch on the 3rd's body. Later that fight, the 3rd Raikage's own jutsu pierces his own body causing what would be a fatal wound......Basically the 3rd Raikage's lightning stab technique proved to be far far far more deadly than even RM Naruto's rasen-shuriken, and a RM rasen-shuriken alone would 1hit K.O most shinobi if not all...

34. Turrin 玄武

I think it would be difficult to make eye contact with someone of Sandaime Raikage's speed and reflexes for Genjutsu to work and I think Sandaime Raikage can ether dodge or tank Susano'o arrows. So the fight would come down to Amaterasu.

Sandaime Raikage is fast but SM Naruto managed to hit him & so did RM Naruto, so I have no doubt that Sasuke will eventually be able to land Amaterasu on Sandaime Raikage, with his skilled manipulation over the flames. In-fact if the initial Amaterasu failed to hit Sandaime Raikage he could do something similar to Naruto and redirect the flames with Enton until Sandaime Raikage dodges into the air and can be hit by successive Enton or Amaterasu.

Once Amaterasu hits Sandaime Raikage, it just comes down to if Sandaime Raikage can tank Amaterasu or not. My personal opinion is that he could tank it for a little while, which would force Sasuke to go on the defensive against hulking Amaterasu giant that Sandaime Raikage becomes, but he has enough stamina where he should be able to defend with Susano'o for quite some-time. I see Sandaime Raikage submitting to the flames accumulated damage, before Sasuke runs out of juice for Susano'o and thus he wins.

35. Uzamaki Nagato Agent of Justice

This sums up my thoughts.

36. ueharakk Active Member

The flame border means EVERYTHING.
    Susanoo has a flame aura correct?
    Well if sasuke is COVERED by susanoo, wouldn't he be WITHIN the flame aura?
    the answer is obviously yes. We even seeX that the flame aura encompasses even MORE than susanoo's flesh and bone.

Look at sasuke with his complete susanoo up. X Next, what do you know? X, meaning sasuke is NOT in susanoo, especially since he not encompassed by the dark flame.

This coupled with danzo's action of running toward sasuke, and the statement "the gap in susanoo is there" proves that sasuke was exposed.

Your only counter-arguement is that: "the spinal cord of susanoo was still there" which is false as even in an incomplete susanoo, we see X, yet after danzo hits sasuke's susanoo, the spinal X, and even that last piece of the cord wasn't even fully formed (indicated by the lack of a circle in the middle of it and a bottom line.

Flame borders (which should be enough) + character statements, + character actions are my evidence. your only evidence is that "the spinal cord was still there" which I have refuted.

There was no aura protecting him! The flame border was the indication of where susanoo's aura ended, meaning sasuke was OUT of the aura.

Of course the back is going to be weaker than the front, but you are making it TIERS weaker than the front for no apparent reason. The back should be weaker, yet COMPARABLE to the front.
    Danzou's wind attack is INCOMPARABLY weaker than Sandaime's hellstab.

Like I said, even if their is enormous evidence for the opposition, you will never cede a point that contradicts your own view unless it is blatantly stated in the manga (and even then you sometimes still don't cede "see above")

How can you manipulate something in the brain, when chakra is constantly flowing through the brain?

If genjutsu is cancelled by a burst of your own chakra, then why wouldn't a stronger burst be able to cancel a stronger genjutsu?

How will sasuke "stay back?" He can't outrun the raikage. He can dodge/counter him in CQ combat, but if its a footrace he is far outclassed.

The sandaime uses his other hand.:oh
    And of course it's not like sasuke can form another hand in time to swat him when raiton armor raikage is right in his face.

Sasuke can't "play tag" with someone who is overwhelmingly faster than him, and you do know that susanoo limits your mobility right?

If sasuke tries to run away, sandaime catches up to him easily, and engages him in CQ, where sasuke probably will be able to dodge 1 or 2 strikes, but will end up getting hellstabbed.

If he uses susanoo, his mobility is decreased, and considering the time it takes him to form the various parts of susanoo, susanoo will be easily broken and sasuke will be gutted.

*If you still want to debate whether or not danzou penetrated sasuke's susanoo, we can start a thread.

37. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

The Third Raikage wins 8/10. The chances are that he can dodge Amaterasu, given he avoided the hypersonic Futon: Rasenshuriken X X Something tells me he has the appropriate reflexes to dodge it. Especially with Sasuke's X

With Sandaime's level of chakra, he can casually outlast Sasuke too, given he has levels equal to Gyuki. And his Nukite has a high chance of piercing Susano'o with ease, giving A was able to do it with a X and he's shown inferior overall strength to his father.

38. Krippy &#32

So where did the skeleton go? The spinal chord appeared above him, does that mean he is not protected underneath it?

Where did it rip through the spinal cord? I'm sure such damage would be better empashized. Not just drawn as a spinal cord appearing above his head, dispite the fact that X And yes the aura itself has shown defensive power. If the bones were the only thing protecting Sasuke, X

That assumption about it's defensive power is unsubstantiated.

My stance is very plausible. it's not just "I don't believe what you are saying". :imslow

39. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

The damage was plenty emphasized; you are simply saying it couldn't have happened. The spinal chord was notably absent, only appearing above his head, which means it wasn't covering his body. Yes, when extending Susano'o to attack far far above him as he did, he had to do the same thing. The aura has no defensive feats of its own; only when supported by a bone structure has it shown any defense at all.

40. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

I agree with almost everything here, however avoiding direct eye contact is easier said than done.

Ei didn't even aX.... Sasuke merely never opted to attempt to genjutsu him.

However Susano arrows are not the most effective tools here.

Agree here as well, but Sasuke isn't just limited to utilizing Amateasu in this manner.

Twice, twice he's utilized Amaterasu to DEFEND...

He could potentially control the battle field.

X

X

He could potentially bottle neck the Raikage, within a ring of fire.

The ability for him to manipulate enton is merely a bonus....

I think it depends on how far the flames have spread.

An Amaterasu, to the face is going to impair his vision.

Sasuke is no slouch on the defensive end...

He has "Completed Susano" at worst, and Kagutsuchi latest feat has all but confirm, that Sasuke has likely altered the physical property of Amaterasu.....

I don't know if Kagutsuchi is strong enough to pierce "Iron clad" flesh... But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it did.

41. Meruem The King

Amaterasu is probably the best counter to the 3rd Raikage especially when paired with decent genjutsu (though Sasuke isn't Itachi level in genjutsu skill, he can still use it fairly well).

42. Doge Everything I say is serious.

The statement that Amaterasu and the Black Flames are different is not true until proven with manga scans.

As for the Raikage's attacks, the 1 finger nukite can probably penetrate Susanoo. His attack was the only thing able to kill himself with even though he could take a full FRS. The only thing that could possibly kill the Raikage in Sasuke's arsenal is Amaterasu. Susanoo arrows are too weak to resist being deflected, avoided, or outright tanked.

If he can't get through Susanoo, Sasuke just lolcamps as he usually does.

43. Mister Banned

Sasuke will be forced to use Susanoo with the Raikage's black lightning. Though when the Hell Bringer comes in I see Sasuke spamming Enton Kagutsuchi. If that doesn't help Sasuke, I see Sasuke being pressured to use Susanoo level 4's Enton Magatama to win the battle.

44. Krippy &#32

No, it wasn't. Only the damage to the armor and skin was emphasized.

The spinal cord not being there doesn't mean it was destroyed. If that was true, then when he extended his Susanoo to punch Danzo, the spine should have stayed in the same relative place instead of appearing above his head like in the aforementioned scan. His Susanoo wasn't being damaged, so why was the skeleton not around him?

And I have already addressed the aura in the first post. It should have around the same defensive power as his ribs, otherwise Mei's lava would have killed him. You still have not proven what happened to the bone structure in the first place, so this is moot.

45. ueharakk Active Member

An aura within an aura... cmon bro.

Pretty suggestive in that sasuke was exposed, that susanoo wasn't protecting him. Danzo blows open susanoo, and says "an opening", then runs at sasuke, something that killed him earlier when susanoo was protecting sasuke. How does that NOT mean that sasuke exposed.

The spinal cord was obviously destroyed with the rest of susanoo that was protecting sasuke which is why it is not shown covering sasuke.

was susanoo stretched out in the scan where danzo attacked susanoo's back? No.

Obviously sasuke reformed susanoo if it is now around him.

Implied by what? You do know that if the skeleton isn't around sasuke, then it is not protecting him right?

Corroboration my friend. You can find weak alternative explanations for each piece of evidence, but if you combine all of them, they heavily point toward susanoo being penetrated, and sasuke exposed.

aura within an aura now?

lol cmon you know much much better than that. You are saying the back was destroyed by attack A, but the front is so much more durable that an attack which is incomparably stronger than attack A might not penetrate it despite no feats of the front taking or defending against such an attack.

and what are the blocking feats of the bow/shield?

Actually, you just conceeded. Seriously you are going to say that just because it isn't explicitly stated in the manga that "Sandaime raikage has bijuu level chakras" that he doesn't despite fighting 10,000 shinobi for 3 days, despite being a superior version of his son who is stated to have bijuu levels of chakra?
    This clearly shows your bias, when evidence doesn't point in your direction, you ask for an explicit statement, and even when an explicit statement, along with evidence is given, you still try and twist it to support your stance. Please be unbiased.

So basically your entire argument is founded on the completely fallacious claim that sasuke can somehow dodge the third raikage indefinitely, despite the third being much faster than him and having faster reactions. He didn't do it to V1 A, there is no evidence that even suggest what you are talking about.

Scan?
    And you do know that he has to manifest it, and somehow have it deflect the third raikage's hellbringer with its arms, all while sandaime is right in sasuke's face.

Oh no, lets debate my friend.

46. Gin Ichimaru Active Member

Sasuke wins with Amaterasu. He could dodge the faster 4th Raikage's elbow, he can dodge the third Raikage's finger. Amaterasu will eventually take its toll on the third raikage and all Sasuke has to do is keep on dodging.

47. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Danzo specifically said there was an opening. You interpret this to mean there wasn't an opening and instead Danzo is desperate. If you slow down for a moment, you will see how much you are reaching.
    Because Sasuke extended Susano'o. I wonder... you can he can extend its bone structure as he likes? I am guessing not.
    Double standards abound. Apparently I need to absolutely prove what happens while you need nothing of the sort. I've noticed that this is a pattern with you and other posters in many threads, actually.

But besides which, did it occur to you that the aura only provides strong defensive covering if it is bound to the bone structure? That is what I said before, but apparently you missed it and think you already covered that point.

48. Csdabest O.Y.D. Chris Styles

I believe the Release of Amaterasu is far more powerful. When the uses focuses on the target. Everytime Amaterasu was focused. it instantly took effect. Toad Stomach, Sasuke lower half, danzo, the indestructible chakra web.

The flames are highly inconsistent. But when plot demands. And what the data book says. It always comes through as instantly frying the target.

49. Krippy &#32

50. ueharakk Active Member