1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Attention!
    Have some bad ideas? This is your chance!
    Send them to Xiammes! Maybe a winner will receive something. I don't know. Don't quote me on that.

Mitsuki's Origin

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Rohan, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Rohan Badass Boy

The Mitsukis are synthetic beings created by Orochimaru : http://www.godofkonoha.com/uploads/2/2/6/1/22614684/8597584_orig.png

The Mitsukis were sourced from a embryo which is sealed in the box : http://www.godofkonoha.com/uploads/2/2/6/1/22614684/4248557_orig.png

The source embryo is actually Boruto whose photo lies in the box : http://www.godofkonoha.com/uploads/2/2/6/1/22614684/5077803_orig.png

This is why Boruto is Mitsuki's Sun, the point of origin : http://www.godofkonoha.com/uploads/2/2/6/1/22614684/9196346_orig.png

Orochimaru has finally revealed the truth of Mitsuki's origin : http://www.godofkonoha.com/uploads/2/2/6/1/22614684/7227825_orig.png http://www.godofkonoha.com/uploads/2/2/6/1/22614684/6557212_orig.png

What do you think ? :maybe

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. Derael Active Member

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that Boruto is the origin of Mitsuki? Something like that? :headscrat

3. Rohan Badass Boy

4. pat pat Well-Known Member

Oh fuck man you killed me :hestonpls :skully
    @indra come to see this man :gokuskully

5. Rohan Badass Boy

In before my theory actually comes true. :maybe

Also you mentioned the wrong person. @lndra come here. :catwalk

6. Derael Active Member

But Boruto was only in the scrol the 6th time. So Mitsuki's "origin", or rather the content of the scroll was something else before, which is contradictory. Not only that, the Mitsuki (log) probably existed before Boruto was born so...
    But, I guess we could say that the Mitsuki (ミツキ) which referes to the moon and not the vessel has Boruto as origin, I guess. :headscrat
    But that's only Orochimaru's plan. Mitsuki, despite the name is not "the light in the darkness" (yet?):hm

Anyway, if that's your point, do this storyline will go anywhere in the manga?

7. Rohan Badass Boy

Bold : The Mitsuki Sage Mode transformation experiment was unstable hence why it took six times for the experiment to be successful. There was no guarantee when the experiment would be successful, it could be the 1st try, the 3rd try, the 5th try and so on. This shows that Orochimaru never knew when the experiment would be successful. So it doesn't make sense for Orochimaru to keep changing the picture in the box on each try as there could be adverse effects if different pictures are used. Orochimaru had a set plan, so he would use only one picture throughout the entire experiment to ensure that when the experiment is successful, Mitsuki will seek out the embryo which Orochimaru wants to retrieve, Boruto.

Underlined can be explained by something called a rapid aging technique. Jugo, Orochimaru and Tsunadae all use it. Perhaps Elder Mitsuki used the same technique to make the trick more genuine ? Here is a small theory on the aging plotline :-
    Source : http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=585453&p=17168303#post17168303

I don't know if there could be a plotline, it's just something that jumped out when I read the chapter.

8. Derael Active Member

But Log ask «What did you put inside the scroll this time». It implies that Orochimaru changed the content of the scroll each time the experiment failed.
    It might make no sense but Orochimaru's whole plan doesn't make sense to me. Why choosing Boruto in the first place? Just because he's Naruto's son? Those two aren't alike though. Boruto is a grumpy kid, definitely not someone I would refer to as a "sun". :geg

9. Indra Well-Known Member

I'm mixed on this topic. Either Boruto is supposed to be his sun, or it's a red herring.

I say this because Mitsuki holds a stack of papers, and Boruto's is the first shown, but what's underneath it? I asked this question earlier, but some would assume that if it is Boruto, then more papers dealing with information about him. But that begs question, why on earth would Kishimoto have Orochimaru make stacks of papers dealing with Boruto's details? How could you fill out such information an Academy Student (Mitsuki joined around Naruto's Gaiden time frame, they weren't shinobi), especially when all he knew was the shadow clone jutsu and possibly a few elemental natures? His personality is pretty underdeveloped (considering he's a child) and he hasn't been on any missions. I am not really going to point fingers at this sort of topic when most things haven't been so conventional thus far, especially when dealing with these sort of friendships (at least in Team Konohamaru's case).

Logically I think Kishimoto threw Boruto's picture in the mix, but the important aspect was that 'Konohagakure' or in the lateral sense, the next generation ninja of the Leaf, are Mitsuki's 'SUN' rather than Boruto being the only light to make a path for him.

I really fear for Mitsuki if he retains his whole Boruto fetish in the film. Especially considering the dynamic this time is Mitsuki (Moon) searching for his Sun and not the other way around.

If I was the writer I would have avoided this type of shit immediately, but good-luck.

10. pat pat Well-Known Member

The answer is simple, kishi just wanted to make a parallel with naruto and sasuke.
    Bolt/ Naruto's son: Sun, even tho he doesn't fit the term " sun" and literally wants to be the guy who protect his village in the darkness. It doesn't make sense with his character, his goals etc etc But he is nardo's son so.....kishi :cat
    Mitsuki: Orochimaru's son and even if we don't know a lot from his character , he isn't really a "moon".
    I just hope the new authors just drop that bullshit thing, I just hope.

11. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Wait, are you saying Boruto is Mitsuki's genetic source?

If Kishi was going for that, surely he'd make them look similar, due to how he makes genetics work in NV.

12. Derael Active Member

Might be an unpopular opinion but the sun/moon thing doesn't remind me of Naruto and Sasuke, beside their hand tattoos.
    More than that, whatever Orochimaru wants for Mitsuki, to find his sun and all, that's doesn't really mirrors Naruto nor Sasuke. The sun/moon thing about Naruto and Sasuke was about opposition, not about finding their path with each other's help.

13. pat pat Well-Known Member

That's interesting :catthinks, if its done that way, it can actually be good :catthinks

14. Karyu Endan Smilies = Not serious

Except that's exactly what Naruto and Sasuke's Sun/Moon thing was about. It was symbolic of Indra's and Asura's reincarnation cycle, which came about because they went to war with each other instead of co-operating like they were supposed to. The sun and moon symbols combine to seal Kaguya when Naruto and Sasuke work together to defeat her, and then the arms both symbols were on get destroyed in their final fight (as does the statues of the previous incarnations, Hashirama and Madara), an indication that the cycle is now over. Naruto and Sasuke stopped opposing each other, reconciled, and helped each other with their own paths from then on. It was about opposition only in so far as that opposition was coming to an end.

15. Derael Active Member

It was about opposition for 99% of the story. They started really cooperating after the second last chapter of the manga.
    The point it that this time it won't be the same, because the two characters are friend, and it was established that the point of this Sun/Moon thing was supporting each other, something we barely got in the original manga. Hence it's not the same. That's why it doesn't remind me of Sasuke and Naruto because they were shown in conflict for 668 chapters.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  16. theBeginning Viva la revolución

It'll be repeating the history again.:catdude

17. Derael Active Member

How? The characters are not in conflict like Sasuke and Naruto used to. Not to mention that this time, Boruto and Mitsuki are not related to the brother feud. Using the same imagery of the Sun and Moon doesn't make it the same thing.

18. pat pat Well-Known Member