1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Minato's Kyubi Chakra Mode clarification

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Coldhands, May 22, 2013.

1. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

A few points since there seems to be confusion about Minato's KCM.

Bijuu Mode or Kyubi Chakra Mode?
    It's Kyubi Chakra Mode, the same thing that Naruto had before Bijuu Mode. You can compare the seal markings, they're identical to KCM. When Naruto goes BM the markings drastically change.

Why did he get it so easily?
    It's not because he's just Kishi's golden boy and perfect, he got it because he only has Kurama's Yin chakra, he doesn't have Kurama's will. So he didn't have to fight Kurama like Naruto did, he could just access the chakra like Naruto could after he stole it from Kurama.

How powerful is he?
    There's no doubt that this boost his abilities drastically, but this is NOT Bijuu Mode, it's just the initial Kyubi Chakra Mode. We've seen the difference in BM and KCM. He shouldn't be able to use any partial transformations or Bijudama. Basically KCM just boosts his base stats, makes his Rasengan more powerful etc.

2. slickcat Emperor Of the Dark Dragons

Basically Minato is in the highest tier now, because since he devised Rasengan would be surprised if hes capable of bijuudama on the spot.

As to whether the yin chakra has no mind of its own, why didnt minato just take the evil kyuubi and give his son the chakra itself. All in all its an asspull and too convenient right now

3. Arles Celes The Psychologist

BM shouldn't be possible unless he made friends with a bijuu.

Does Minato have a living bijuu inside of him that he beat and befriended like Naruto did?

4. Shaz &#32

He still stomps everything with that in combination with his Hiraishin

5. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

Yeah, it's not possible - Minato only has Yin chakra of Kurama, he can only access the Chakra Mode.

6. blackfishie Trying to sit on a fence.

Cause without kurama's actual mind you cant use BM, since that needs the Jin and Kurama to work together.

Like Naruto's KCM, Minato's is limited in time, as he has a set amount of chakra that isnt replenishing, whilst Naruto's BM is not only stronger but he can use it more often as Kurama can keep making more chakra.

7. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

i'm glad you made a thread about this, since i was getting a little irritated of having to clear this up in each thread. i was just thinking of making this thread myself but you beat me to it. :p

8. Klue 輪廻

What makes you think Kurama's Yin chakra does not have a portion of its will attached to it?

9. Grimm

Pretty much.

10. The Saiyan Prince Vegeta Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering why he had the markings on his hands/palms and the tomoes on his jacket. I don't believe KCM Naruto had those.

11. B.o.t.i Active Member

The question is why did he go V2.His seal is identical to naruto and we know kb's can draw chakra from kyuubi.So maybe thats why he can go into rikudou mode v2.

12. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

point taken. but i wouldn't be surprised if what he said there was true. it would explain a lot.

13. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

It's just chakra, Kinkaku and Ginkaku didn't have Kurama's will either. Kurama's will remained in Naruto.

14. Ƶero BAMFlash

Give the fastest character in the series Bijuu level power and extra speed. Good idea kishi :hurr

15. PopoTime Devourer of Souls

Because Kinkaku and Ginkaku were able to use Kn cloaks with ease after consuming nd absorbing part of Kuruma's chakra.

If his will was so closely tied to his chakra, Kin and Gin should have been taken over on the spot, due to no seal holding Kurama back.

16. Shaz &#32

Madara, you may as well flee on sight

17. Ƶero BAMFlash

He's currently too hurt because he got rejected by his man crush :hurr

18. Narutossss Active Member

because minato is not an uzumaki and didn't have the body to hold the kurama's will or have you fogotten that the kyuubi's been sealed inside an uzumaki since the founding of konoha.

19. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

It's not "V2" or BM, it's just the initial Kyubi Chakra Mode. Compare the markings, they're completely different when Naruto goes BM (V2). This is clearly KCM V1, the seal markings are identical.

20. ueharakk Active Member

visually, Minato's form looks like a cross between BM and KCM as his hands have the same BM seal markings as Naruto and he doesn't instantly enter the form like KCM Naruto does. On the other hand, there are similarities in the seal design to KCM and his eyes aren't slitted like Naruto's are in BM.

Either way though, Minato is retardedly powerful now. Like someone else said, he'd probably be able to use bijuudamas instead of rasengan while in that mode.

21. Fuujin ̣

I anticipate it means he mastered KCM to a higher degree than Naruto.

By channeling this mastery through his hands, I think he can probably do a bijuu bomb rasengan like Naruto nearly managed to do before Kinkaku's chakra disturbed him.

Full bijuu transformation wouldn't make sense though so for now, his new powers are:

*Increased speed (holy shit)
    *Increased durability
    *Increased strength
    *Limb extensions
    *Multiple limbs
    *Sensing negative emotions
    *Bijuudama rasengan
    *Resurrecting self from edo tensei

22. Gibbs RIP Dad, 6/15/50 - 10/21/15

lol. yes Naruto did...

23. tanman Hardship of Adventure

I don't really mind the powerup since its purpose is probably to hype Jubidara.

24. Arles Celes The Psychologist

It took Naruto many years to convince Kurama to place his trust in him.

Minato left a pissed of Kurama moments before he died.

While he was brought back how much time did he have to become friends with Yin Kurama(assuming that he has part of Kurama's consciousness inside of him).

25. Dark Red Z PROBLEM?

Because he wasn't wanked enough as he already was, now we have to deal with the hopefully MUGENTSUKUYOMI-influenced reality of 9M MINATO.

26. The Saiyan Prince Vegeta Well-Known Member

No he didn't.

Look at the markings on Minato's hand here (X).

KCM Naruto doesn't have them. Nor does he have the tomoes on a the top of a cloak like Minato has. BM Naruto had both of them.

It looks like a state between KCM and BM.

27. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

Naruto has those hand markings in KCM, just like Minato:
    X

28. The Saiyan Prince Vegeta Well-Known Member

Hmmm, you're right. I never really noticed that panel.

29. Fuujin ̣

He only got them once he mastered BM though.

30. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

i don't care about the terminology at this point. it is all the same to me.

31. ueharakk Active Member

that's because he's also in a form that's a cross between KCM and BM... most likely due to him using so much chakra while in BM that he lost most of the features. You can see on the first page of that chapter, naruto loses his BM cloak.

X not on naruto's hands nor his chakra arms.

32. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

Actually not entirely true, we'v seen his seal extend to his hands and legs earlier, when he was training for the Bijudama:
    X

33. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

He has the hand markings as long as he is in KCM... This is the last KCM panel of Naruto before he went base, he still has the hand markings:
    X

He just gained them recently though, who knows why. But as I said earlier he had the seals extending to feet and hands when he was training for Bijudama.

34. Josh Well-Known Member

Minato = Top Tier
    Edo Minato = Deity Tier
    KCM Edo Minato = God Tier
    BM Minato = Ricodu Senin Tier

I can live with Minato been KCM Edo mode at this point. If Minato was BM mode, then he would solo Juubi...which means this entire manga will go to shit and 600 chapters of character development will be all for nothing.

35. Abz *~Abz-J-Harding~*

Minato is what you would call a pseudo-Jin ......

36. Saturnine Escaping the Wood in Vain

It's Kyubi Chakra Mode. Minato has a cape like BM Naruto does, simply because well duh, he has a cape to begin with. It's quite clearly KCM that Minato's in.

37. Datakim Active Member

You know, I have a vague recollection of Naruto doing a bijuudama-rasengan in KCM after he mastered it during the bijuu fight. However when I looked for the chapter, I did not find it.

Did I dream it? Can anyone recall such a thing happening?

Well no matter, you are right regardless. Don't forget that Minatos rasengan making skills are far superiour to those of Naruto, who still needs a clone to create one in base and the assistance of the "chakra hands" to form it in KCM/BM. I would presume that since Minato (who can do it one handed instantly) does not need to worry about using his KCM cloak to help construct a rasengan, he can probably create a rasengan-bijuudama faster than Naruto, and it will also be more powerfull since he does not need to waste chakra/concentration on forming those chakra hands.

Minato has become too powerfull. I think it diminishes him a lot as a character. :(

38. tupadre97 Active Member

Makes no sense how he can even use KCM seeing how the reaper death seal does not make u a jinchurriki. What did he seal the Kyuubi while the were fighting for all eternity in the reapers stomach or something?

39. Faustus Immortal

Kinkaku did just that, he went V2 (which IS partial transformation - see tails) and as you probably know V2 allows bijuu-dama (see Naruto vs Orochimaru). So, nothing is impossible.

40. B.o.t.i Active Member

Yeah seems to be v1 version.Naruto's bijuu mode has dark bits on the shoulder and much more darklines on teh body.This just v1 and cause minato has a cloak it looks like rikudou mode.

41. Okodi The Internet's

Only Naruto could become a Rikudo :LOS

42. Turrin 玄武

To my knowledge Naruto didn't have the markings on his hands until he tamed Kurama. After taming Kurama he than gained the markings on his hands. This suggest one of two things:

1)Minato's KCM ability is greater than Naruto's pre-taming Kurama, which has some how caused the markings to appear

or

2) Kishi drawing the markings on the hands are a sign that minato has tamed Yin Kurama and can still further transform into BM

Ether way its obvious that Minato's skill with the Kyuubi chakra is superior to Naruto's when he first obtained it. How this is possible, I have no fing clue, but whatever.

43. Shaz &#32

Talk to 'em Turrin :pimp

44. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

As I linked earlier Naruto had the markings extend to his hands and legs, just like Minato, when he was training for Bijudama BEFORE he tamed Kurama.

45. Klue 輪廻

What makes you say that?

Maybe they mastered the use of Kyuubi's chakra, and wasn't overtaken by it's will. Naruto retained his mind up to the third tailed state; it's not impossible.

Besides, one reason why Naruto's Kyuubi transformation is unique from the Kyuubi tailed states is do to the absence of Kurama's influence/will.

Who says he didn't become friends with him in the afterlife? :maybe

But seriously, time within the seal moves slower. Maybe Kurama relented after Minato realized Naruto managed to befriend Kurama's Yang half?

46. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

I guess there's no way to prove it 100% one way or another. But I seriously doubt that they could go 5tails V2 without ANY Kyubi influence. They retained their minds completely, Naruto always went a bit feral even with one tail.

47. Amatérasu’s Son Spring is in the air...and I'm sneezing.

Excellent assessment of the situation.

He should have access to the Cho Mini Biju Dama, perhaps.
    I'm not sure about that. Chakra especially biju chakra has shown to be self replenishing.

Killer Bee never said that it was possible to run out of the biju chakra, he said that while he used it Kurama was drinking his milkshake, and if Kurama ever ran out of Naruto's chakra to drink, then he would die, that was the primary limiting factor. A limit that Minato doesn't actually have since he won't ever run out of chakra....or die.

And even when Naruto actually ran low on his supply of Kyubi chakra after rest he was able to reactivate the mode. Kinkaku and Ginkaku are the same. Killer Bee also referred to running out of his supply of Gyuki's chakra and needed to borrow some from the source, which could mean that it does need to be replenished from the Biju, but Kinkaku and Ginkaku apparently never had that problem. Which makes sense as Biju chakra is charged natural energy, so if you have a piece of biju chakra it would automatically replenish if you just do nothing.
    It's entirely possible that Minato's seals are more advanced because Minato's actual skill in Fuinjutsu are more advanced. Minato also has the master key for the Kyubi seal, he knows the combination, if you recall the first time we saw seals of any kind on Naruto was when he used the key to open and close the Kyubi's cage. Minato has all of that sealing ability and more.
    Well the Shiki Fujin is calling the Shinigami to do your bidding, but the seal that it forms on a body is the Hakke Fuin. We know this because the seal Shiki Fujin made on Minato and Hiruzen when they used the it is identical to the Hakke Fuin on Naruto's stomach. It's just never an issue as Shiki Fujin kills the user.

A secondary explanation is that while inside of the Death God's stomach Minato simply applied the Hakke Fuin to the Yin chakra of the Kyubi which would be useful to avoid fighting a biju for all eternity.

48. Wrath Mourning

Naruto has three types of chakra in him:

1) His own natural chakra.
    2) The chakra he stole from Kurama by fighting him, which is Kyuubi chakra but is separate from Kurama.
    3) Kurama's own chakra which carries his will.

All three repenish over time and with meditation, but #3 can be replenished while Naruto is fighting, because Kurama can medidate independantly inside Naruto.

Minato's situation is a little different, and though we don't know for certain we can make reasonable deductions based on the evidence at hand. So he has two types of chakra at the moment:

1) His own natural chakra which is limited in quantity but as he's an Edo Tensei is instantly restored, meaning it doesn't get any bigger or stronger but he'll never run out.
    2) Kurama's Yin chakra minus Kurama's will, which is inside Naruto.

As JuubiSage is entirely correct about Minato being able to access it because it lacks Kurama's will, and so is just a huge mass of chakra, we can say that Minato probably has access to more Kyuubi chakra than Naruto's reserve #2, but he lacks a Bijuu to actively replenish it while he's fighting.

Since he has Bijuu chakra he should be capable of using the positive and negative chakra that's needed for the Bijuudama, but he doesn't have the training to actually use it so logically he shouldn't just be able to, even though he's halfway there by being able to use Rasengan. It's possible that Kushina knew the formula for it and told him, but even so it's not something so easily achieved. It did take him three years to invent the Rasengan after all.

Likewise he shouldn't have the training for using chakra arms the way Naruto does. Naruto learnt that trick pretty quickly but it still needed time.

So what does he have? Massively improved speed and more powerful techniques, plus a huge amount of chakra that should last a fair while.

49. 123456 Banned

why edo madara cant be juubi's jin?

50. sinjin long THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

true,but minato is a natural genius,naruto learned rasengan in what a month? minato will probably be able to perform the bijuudama and chakra arms in a few minutes.

he has the brains,he has the natural talent,and he has the skill. its likely he'll be able to do it in very short order.