1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Minato vs Orochimaru

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Yagura, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Yagura ♥ ≠ ∞

Minato vs Orochimaru​

Restrictions: None.
    Knowledge: Manga Knowledge.
    Battlefield: Blue Samurai Bridge.
    Starting Distance: 25 meters.
    State of Mind: IC, but Orochimaru won't fuck around.
    Conditions: Orochimaru starts with Hashirama & Tobirama already summoned. Assume Minato has 40 special kunais placed throughout the area.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. CrazyLikeAFox Member

Minato really doesn't have anything to put Oro down permanently. And you gave him Edo Tensei? Oro takes this one because after awhile Minato simply runs out of chakra.

3. Smiley Banned

OP, do you hate Minato?

4. Mr Dr Banned

Orochimaru goes into slithering snake mode while Minato attacks with Hashirama and Tobirama. Minato probably kills them with relative ease however they'll definitely keep him busy. Minato and Orochimaru clash and the fight basically goes on with Orochimaru Oral Rebirthing everytime he gets hit and eventually Oro wins when he can divert with 1000 snakes and react to his Hirashin with the his blade. Dead Demon Seal would be Minato's only chance but it would only cause a double K.O.

5. Paranoid Android This is what you get...

I think Minato would be able to warp the two edo tensei summons to a distant location if he already has some set up, and then focus on orochimaru alone. that's not too unreasonable to ask for of hiraishin. when its 1v1, orochimaru has nothing that will touch minato.

and oral rebirth jutsu takes tons and tons of chakra. he can't just do it every time he's hit.

6. Mr Dr Banned

Where is it said that oral rebirth takes tons of chakra?
    (I'm being serious, I just don't remember that)

7. Pink Matter More Than Human

During the Sasuke vs Itachi fight, Sasuke stated that after using the jutsu, he lost alot of chakra and thought it was risky but worth it as he was healed of his injuries.

8. Yagura ♥ ≠ ∞

No. Im actually quite fond of him.

9. Pink Matter More Than Human

This fight is hard on Minato. The OP restricts nothing on Orochimaru but vital things on Minato. Contract seal would allow him to remove the Edo Tensei summons from Oro's control and Minato has no knowledge on Oro but not vice versa. The only way I see Minato winning is to keep spamming Hiraishin and Rasengan so Oro can waste his chakra on Oral Rebirths until he reaches his limit and then uses bunshins to seal away the Kages. Oro takes this 7/10.

10. Mr Dr Banned

Well I think Oro can tank two solid rasengans. I didn't take the time to count but I presume he can use Oral Birth 4-5 times. So he has the ability to take 8-10 rasengans. I'm pretty sure that due to his knowledge Orochimaru will pierce him with his blade whilst keeping him busy with 1000 snakes.

11. Alex Payne a Char

Minato can't win with these conditions(basing on his showings). Only Shiki Fuujin is effective but it would be a draw.

12. Mr Dr Banned

Yeah I kind of think Minato might be slightly over-hyped if one thinks he can beat Oro + Edo Tensei + Knowledge. Oro probably wouldn't let a kunai even come near him with knowledge.

13. Yagura ♥ ≠ ∞

Edits Made. Reread OP.

14. Mr Dr Banned

Is Orochimaru allowed to flee?

15. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Minato has no way to put down Orochimaru. His only option is Shiki Fūjin, but he doesn't have Kage Bunshins, so he can't take them all out. Edo Tensei summons remain active even if the summoner is killed. I guess it would be a draw.

16. Alex Payne a Char

Minato lacks offense. Orochimaru can tank Tsunade punches without Oral Rebirth + Hydra, Manda and Edo Tensei zombies to deal with. Shiki Fuujin is the only option here.

17. Pink Matter More Than Human

Even with 40 special kunais I don't see how he can pull off 2 shiki fujins while trying to kill Oro with limited rasengans. I'm pretty sure kunais won't do much to Oro.

18. Atlantic Feather of Infinity Administrator

Minato can't beat Orochimaru like this.

He could probably evade the majority of Orochimaru's attacks for a while using his Hiraishin. But on the other hand, he won't be able to hurt Orochimaru or any of the Edo-Hokages. The only jutsu he has that can kill them is Shiki Fuujin, and he can only use it once. So if he uses it on Orochimaru, the two Hokages are still standing so technically Orochimaru still wins. And if he uses it on one of the Hokages, Orochimaru and the other Hokage will still be alive...

19. CrazyLikeAFox Member

Summoning Gamabunta would help a great deal in this situation as well.

20. Pink Matter More Than Human

gamabunta wouldn't do much to two indestructible hokages and orochimaru which can transform into a hydra that dwarfs gamabunta in size.

21. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Not to mention, Yamata no jutsu has regen.

22. Pink Matter More Than Human

I don't remember that part?

23. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Its implied as Yamata is based off the White Snake

NINJUTSU; Yamata no jutsu (Eight-Branched Hydra technique*)
    User: Orochimaru
    Offensive; Defensive; Supplementary; Rank: S

Main text

Shortly before his demise**, Orochimaru spent his last** forces releasing this hijutsu (Arcane/Secret technique), seizing his opportunity when Sasuke, who had absorbed him, exhausted the chakra he used to suppress him.
    Out of Sasuke's Cursed Seal came forth Orochimaru, shapeshifted into an eight-headed, eight-tailed white snake, via the White Snake's power of regeneration.
    This is Orochimaru's greatest, most powerful jutsu, the embodiment of a long-lived, implacable tenacity, that trampled the Uchiha hideout by merely crawling onto its scaly abdomen...!!

Captions

-A python with eight heads, [a body] expanding into eight edges. Its wicked excellence is the incarnation of an longstanding resentment!!

-This is the manifestation of the Orochi's* staunch determination...!!

Picture comment

-Boasting a gigantic frame, even moreso than that of Manda, who is dreaded as the strongest of pythons. Ferociously baring its fangs, it is ominous in appearance. Transcending an Orochi*, it is more akin to a King Dragon...!!

24. Pink Matter More Than Human

I see then. I guess Minato gets pwned even harder :\

25. machiavelli2009 jounin

yes he does...Op take out edo tensei and u might have a better match. though i say orochimaru still wins.

26. Kyōraku New Member

Shiki Fuujin. Other than that, the op is a total Minato Hater!
    30 rasengans won't do shit to Orochimaru especially with oral rebirth

27. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

Going by shown feats, Oro would most likely take this. I think Minato would be able to avoid offensive arsenal of Orochimaru without much problems, especially with so many kunais placed around, but he doesn't have good finishers. Rasengan won't kill Oro nor the immortal hokages, and Gamabunta will be dealt with Manda. Minato also has to puthimself in harms way when he strikes and here are 3 sources of attacks coming @ him. He will get tagged eventually. Best case scenario for Minato is Shiki fuuin which makes this a draw.

28. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

You guys don't seem to get that if the OP hates anyone, its Orochimaru. He had the snake summon the 1st and 2nd? That's like giving Minato allies or did everyone forget he cancelled out Madara's control over the Kyuubi with a single touch? He cancels Orochimaru's control over the dead Hokage Bros. and Orochimaru either gets triple-teamed or has to de-summon them.

Now the hard part starts. We never saw anything really powerful from Minato in terms of offense and Orochimaru is hard to kill under the best of circumstances. Unless Minato has som sort of fuuinjutsu that can screw with Orochimaru's chakra (thus preventing Oral Rebirth) he's either in a for a very long fight where a single mis-step means his death or he's gonna have to use Shiki Fuuin to win and its a double KO.

We could presume Minato has something powerful or some fuuinjutsu, but its just presumption. Going solely by what we saw Minato has nothing that can finish Orochimaru off besides Shiki Fuuin (or summoning Bunta right on top of Orochimaru, but if it doesn't work Orochimaru will just summon Manda and go Hydra on him).

29. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Keiyaku Fūin is restricted. Minato cannot stop any summons.

30. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

Ouch! He's triple-f**ked!!

31. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Yeah. Shiki Fūjin is really his only chance here, and even then he will die. Terrible match-up.

32. Dariustwinblade Active Member

No Gambunta makes Jiraiya and Orochimaru look like ants.
    X

Two humans can fit in Bunta's mouth and still have enough room to fight.

The Yamata's head is barely the size of Oro's body
    X

It is no where near bunta's size

No it dosen't

Based off is the word not it the white snake. It hasn't shown any regenerative capability after it is decapitated.

Orochimaru came out of Sasuke using the white snakes powers he transformed in to the Orochi. Something like tumoring out of him. :oh

Its say nothing about it being able to regenerate afterwards. Feats showed it can't do that.

33. Mist Beauty Peach

Poor Minato. This doesn't appear to be a balanced fight at all.

34. Thunder Disciple of Atlantic Storm

Just because the heads didn't regen automatically doesn't mean it can't. Who said it was a passive ability?

35. Yagura ♥ ≠ ∞

tbh, I had just woken up when I made this thread, so I didn't really think about this match-up analytically.

Unrestict Keiyaku Fūin and give them both Manga Knowledge.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  36. dungsi27 dung si diet muoi

A contract seal shall get rid of Edo Tensei.

And Minato would seal Orochimaru inside his own body,or he could teleport away,pick some random guy,and then seal Orochimaru inside that guy.

He can do all of these with relative ease,since Orochimaru has nothing to deal with Minato's speed.

37. Kanki KIG

Out of interest and something I've always wondered, can rasengan/Odama Rasengan harm Oro?

38. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

Probably, but I doubt it'd kill him fast enough to deal with his insane regen and Oral Rebirth. Sad too cuz' once Minato hits him he can pretty uch tag Orochimaru again and again with impunity. He just doesn't have the firepower to put the White Snake down permanently. The only way he's sealing Orochimaru (that we know of) is with Shiki Fuuin, and that's a Double KO.

39. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

Its funny you picked a scan from part 1 to prove a point but guess what, summons got significantly smaller in part 2. Gamabunta is no where as big as in part 1.
    The databook states that Yamata no jutsu is bigger than Manda anyways, so why don't you post a scan of manda from part 1 to make a decent comparison ? :nuts

40. CrazyLikeAFox Member

30 Rasengans might be a bit much. Oral rebirth takes a load of chakra to use. After awhile Oro will be tapped from regenerating so much.

41. Dariustwinblade Active Member

Bunta is a large a Kyuubi who towers over mountain.:zaru

X

Manda is clearly much larger and Oro, or the Hydra atleast his head and main body.

42. HIMbfmvA7x Banned

yes he does, he (Minato) would win via contract seal....considering most of his jutsu's are based on snakes, he could take this away rendering orochimaru useless in battle (he'd probably spend time developing elemental techniques and some more jutsu hax, not jutsu based on summons)

43. Soul Agent of Justice

As you can remember, Orochimaru's White Snake Mode can take a lot of damage {due his great regeneration abilities} and he spreads poison through the air.

This should render Minato's attacks with Hiraishin no Jutsu in his death, as he would get poisoned, and Orochimaru would regenerate the damaged areas.

And I am not even taking into account Edo Shodaime and Edo Nidaime.

Orochimaru wins quite easily, as Minato's feats are countered by Orochimaru very quickly.

44. HIMbfmvA7x Banned

not if Minato CONTRACT SEALS HIS ASS

45. Soul Agent of Justice

"Contract seals his ass"?
    What do you mean?

46. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

Minato uses a Hirashin + Contract Seal. Before the Zombie Kages can attack, Minato breaks all of Orochimaru's summoning contacts, depriving him of his best weapons. The Zombie Kages regain their will, and help Minato fight Orochimaru.

It ends with a summon-less Orochimaru getting a massive Rasengan into the face.

47. Soul Agent of Justice

This is extremely OoC for Shodaime and Nidaime.
    As you can see X, Shodaime knew that he has to fight vs. Hiruzen, even before the seals were placed by Orochimaru.

Orochimaru should be able to regenerate from the damage that Minato's Rasengan may inflict.

48. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

Minato would win eventually, if only by attrition as Orochimaru would use more chakra regenerating than Minato would Rasenganing him. I'm not sure how he would handle the Yamata, though. Maybe cutting it in half with a space-time portal?

Oddly, Orochimaru may be a more difficult opponent for Minato than even Pain would be.

49. dungsi27 dung si diet muoi

The only thing that Minato would be worry about is Edo Tensei,which can be dealt with by a simple sealing tech or a contract seal.Im not sure how this contract seal works,but from the fight with Madara it seems that the contract seal deacivates the summoner's control over the summonings.Based on that this contract seal should do fine against Edo Tensei.

And Minato wouldnt need to kill Orochimaru.Again a simple sealing tech should do fine.Like the one Minato used to seal Kyubi's chakra inside Naruto's stomach.He can summon Gamabunta and then seal Orochimaru into him,or he can seal Orochimaru into his own body(this I am not sure)and then take advantage of Orochimaru's power for his next fights.

50. Atlantic Feather of Infinity Administrator

Referring to Dungsi27's post(the second part specifically).

To use the Eight Trigrams seal(the one Fuinjutsu that Minato used to seal the Yang half of the Kyuubi into Naruto), Shiki Fuujin is required to be used first. So, sealing Orochimaru into himself or Gamabunta would mean killing himself and leaving Gamabunta fighting two immortal Hokages...