1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Minato and Kushina: Possible Hint for Naruto and Sakura?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Tyrannos, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tyrannos Living a Life

From the creator of the highly applauded Whirlpool Country Location theory, now gives you a speculative and highly controversial theory:

Did Kishimoto in Chapter 367, give a subtile hint of Naruto ending up with Sakura?

Now we all know how "popular" Pairing Threads are (/sarcasm) and I'm sure this thread sooner or later will turn into a pairing war, which is not my intent. Trust me, I been in enough of those to not want to go near them with a 100 foot pole. :laugh

But the thing that has been bugging me since the spoiler's release on Thursday, is how Jiraiya described Kushina as being a Red-Haired tomboy, who later grown up to be a beautiful woman. And as soon as that was said, many automatically thought of Karin and immediately started connecting her, Pein, and other red-heads to Naruto's family.

However, it seems that description could've fit Sakura as well. Afterall Karin's model looks almost identical to Sakura's, except of the obvious outward differences (clothes, haircolor, hairstyle, glasses). Though Sakura doesn't have the obvious red-hair like Karin, pink hair is pretty darn close. Also, Sakura's attitude does appear that of a tomboy, and let's not forget that sometimes Sakura's attitude is identical to Naruto's (who we all know that he got that from his mother).

Furthermore, to those who frequent the Theory section might recall the Kushinada theories of months ago, where many were aruging the connection to Susanoo to Sasuke. Many SasuSaku members argued the connection between Princess Kushinada and of course... Sakura Haruno.

Now that we know Naruto's Mother is directly connected to the Kushinada theory, I honestly can't help but to think back to people's connection to Sakura in regards to that theory. And Kishi is well known for double meanings throughout the manga, like the mentioning of "Isan" when describing Naruto back when Itachi made his grand apperance.

Call me crazy, but to me, it could be that Kishi very well is giving us a small hint that Sakura could very well end up with Naruto. (Remember, Kishi is also fond of parallelisms as well as foreshadowings).

The Red Hair to Pink Hair, them both having tomboyish appearance, how Kushina grown up to be beautiful, while Sakura was commented being beautiful (by Jiraiya of all people). And of course the quirky personality. Not to mention the coincidence of the Kushinada connection.

Coincidence, or just wishful thinking? You be the judge. :wink

2. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

A bit of evidence for NaruSku, but a very very minor one ¬___¬

I prefer to read it as evidence of no pairing at all.

3. Hurricanes The One And Only

now naruto has two chicks Hinata & Sakura hahaha he's a true player aka pimp, i feel sorry for his freind sasuke it truely sucks to be gay:p

4. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

Sasuke isn;t gay. He's assexual. Or very naive.

Or a Eunuch.

5. spaZ d[o_0]b

there was also that time right after naruto turned 4 tails and was on the ground and yamoto and sakura were talking and it almost sounded like he was going to say she loved him, so yeah i agree with you this might end up being forshadowed and stuff

6. naruto_bruin Jedi Master

It could be seen that way. I like to look at it that way.

7. Thefirst. Active Member

LMAO oh so true. To the OP i wouldnt want Naruto getting with someone who didnt want him at first and only chose him as a second option. I would rather he gets with someone else from another village like daddy dearest or Hinata.

8. Woofie Coordinator

Some good points, although I think the parallel between them and Yondaime + Kushina is kind of lost, because in the same chapter they talked about how Naruto is nothing like Yondaime and is more like his mother. If Naruto isn't like Yondaime, why would his partner be like Kushina? If anything, it could be reversed, so his partner was more like Yondaime, more mild-natured.

9. Mizura Meh Advisor

Diddo. ¬___¬

I prefer to read it as evidence of Minato x Kushina. Besides...

Isn't this SasuSaku? :huh

Actually, whoever said that Yondaime is "mild-natured"? :huh He's not a loudmouth like Naruto, but we don't have many other indications of his personality. He has the same grin as Naruto, in any case.

Honestly, Sakura isn't even red-haired: she's pink-haired.

10. f4ern Genjutsu Master

well that where you get it wrong. It is said that naruto act like his mother. If we go further to assume that yondaime is the father. Then Naruto will end up with someone whole is cool and genius.

Let me put this in a mathetical formula. Going with pararellism in past equal truth.

Naruto = Kushina
    Sakura = kushina, Ok this is not pararell at all.

Another Example,
    Naruto = Kushina
    Hinata = Yondaime, being cool silent, ok not genius type. Wrong!!!!!! pararellism not going to work.

Naruto = Kushina
    Sasuke = Yondaime, Cool, silent genius type, a speed maniac that could uses same type of jutsu as yondaime.

*Gasp*, Kishi is not hinting sasuke x naruto. Is he. Because if i be so out of here, and ask a iraqi torture expert to brainwash my brain till i forgot that i read naruto alltogether.

11. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

ts, not ds China-Panda-Dear ?___?

Touche :rise

12. Mizura Meh Advisor

:laugh :laugh :laugh

Yes he is! The arc's foreshadowings hint at it too! :omg

*bricked*

13. Jin-E Active Member

I dont really think that fitted Sakura's description very well. F.example i see little evidence that she is a Tomboy. In part 1 she was an fangirl and your typical superficial teenage girl. She dress in a feminine way and have an feminine fighting form(medic ninja).

That claim was pretty thin, IMO.

14. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

If that's the case it would mean that naruto wouldn't be having sex with sakura till he's 50 years old.

15. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

This will undoubtedly get ugly...

16. Shamandalie //////////////////////////////

When I read the description, I thought about Sakura, immediately, and I thought "heh, funny how they like the same type", but I didn't think this has ANY importance pairing-wise until I saw these threads/topics.
    It's a nice "coincidence", but people shouldn't take it as a canon hint, I think. I've always thought Sakura is the most likely to end up with Naruto (if anyone ends up with him instead of Sasuke), so this doesn't really change a thing.

17. Nakson (+) (+)

Ino and Sasuke
    Sakura and Lee
    Hinata and Naruto

18. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

Too many pairings...I have doubts one will even happen. Three? highly improbable.

19. Kuroro Skill Hunter

I agree with this guy. Kishi wasn't hinting NaruSaku, but NaruSasu. :amazed The pairing is official anyway, lol.

20. Spencer_Gator Pain is a god.

lol Sasuke and Naruto thats just gross...

21. Bannai Mouse

Agreed. Thread over.

22. *Ex-PrinCeSs* ♥I'm a..

Sakura a tomboy:rofl? Very funny:).

23. Trelle Member

I don't agree with Sakura being tomboyish or anything, but still I've seen this guy going for a girl that reminds them of their mother (even if Naruto doesn't know this) thing in so many books/movies/stories etc...

IMO, It's not totally out of the ballpark to say that this whole Kushina thing hints at NaruSaku a little. Maybe it would be better to say that it's not surprising that Naruto feels the way he feels about Sakura.

It's not NARUSAKU IS CANON BIATCHES but hey, it's interesting.

24. mayumi Active Member

well it might be that naruto got yondaime's personality when it came to picking the girl he liked - sakura or maybe wait he got naruto's mom personality to pick the cool guy - sasuke.

25. Lastier ̣

I stopped reading after this sentence. Pairings discussion fail. If it happens, it happens...

26. Lelouch71 Zero

The only thing this prove to me is that Naruto inherited his father taste in woman who can kick his ass. lol I guess NaruSasu is slightly hinted too in some ways not that I'm into yaoi.

27. Tyrannos Living a Life

Well, the reactions was expected as such. :p

Like I said, to me it feels that Kushina and Sakura are alike in many known aspects. And we all know Sakura has demonstrated many times the same exact reaction as Naruto, from mischief, to surprise.

Though it's weak for what I'm about to say, but remember the old saying of how girls look for guys who are like their fathers, and how boys look for women who were like their mothers. But I'm sure someone will say, "But Naruto never knew his mother." And yet, Naruto and his mother have the same personality. And I wouldn't be surprised if many men on this forum had their mother's personality as well, I know I do. She got hers from her father as well. So guess that old saying is quite true in my life. :laugh

All in all, I guess it was wishful thinking of me comparing Kushina and Sakura. :p

28. Needless2say Tifa_Lockhart

Me too....

I disagree with Sakura being tomboyish.

29. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

Sakura is far, far from a tomboy. She was, for instance, meaningfully compared to a flower. All of her friends growing up were female. She obsessed about her appearance. She crushed on the hottest guy in school and got into a fight with her best friend over the guy. Sakura was the quintessential teenage girl. In no way, really, was she a tomboy. Same goes for Inner Sakura, though she was more mischevious rather than sweet and dainty.

30. kulgan18 Mecha freak.

It proves naruto will end up with karin...

Am sorry but i dont think sakura was tomboyish at all, SHE CRIED a lot on part 1, she and ino went to give lee/&sasuke flowers, and i think it was showed that she liked flowers, she wanted to look good for the guy that she likes...lets see what else.
    I think she was the complete opposite of tomboyish behavior.

Tayuya now that was tomboyish or karin...

31. Hexa probably Dendi Advisor

I wouldn't say Karin is a tomboy either. Even though she does make a concerted effort to have no one find out about her desire for Sasuke, I think it's more obvious and a bit more severe than any tomboy would let on.

32. Tyrannos Living a Life

Then I made a major mistake saying she is a tomboy.

So in retrospect and to paraphrase others here on Narutofan: This Thread is Fails! :p

33. ShadowReij Wanderer

*sigh* I knew someone was going to try this, the question was when. Besides that Sakura is far from a tomboy for reasons already stated. This never struck me as hint toward anything (maybe narusasu j/k) besides the fact that Kishi has given Naruto and Sasuke characteristics of their mothers.

Sasuke via his mother's looks and core/pre-massacre personality

Naruto via his mother's personality and jutsu style

34. Kyros Lol, Uchiha

Naruto inherited his dads tastes in women

Pink is just a lighter shade of red. :nuts

35. Vandal Savage Game Theory Administrator

I can't believe you just went there. :lmao

Well, I will be heading for the hills and see how this unfolds.

36. Hiroshi Super Moderator

Hair color and same taste in women.

I dont really see Sakura as a tomboy in the early stages of the manga or neither do i see a person with similar jutsu as naruto.

It is just a coincidence :amuse

37. nightmistress I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Well it should be love at first sight when he sees Karin then! NaruKarin ftw:yell!!

38. Arti Banned

yes it is Kyros:omg

I will keep close eye on them o_O

39. Almaseti <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

Hey, you know what's closer to red than pink? Red. NaruKarin ftw!

Or alternately: Naruto inherited his Mom's taste in spouses. He's supposed to take after her, and she married... how did Tsunade describe him? Such a nice kid, but really determined? In the Gaiden, Minato didn't come off as quick-tempered at all....

40. HO-OH Smart ass

for godsake thats just a coincidence and this thread is just desperate

41. Kiss SS: It's canon bitch

Naruto will be the one where Sakura's babys will come from.:laugh That's for sure.:wink:nod

42. akaasher UK lost & found bin

i wonder what happens when he sees karinsmile-big

maybe sakura might even get jealous:laugh

43. O Banned

No.

Also, only tomboy in the series is Anko.

44. h3nry Member

Oh no he di-int!

Naruto and Sasuke will fight over Karin then! :O

Or Sasuke will probably say "What do you mean you like girls?!"

45. The Boss Guest

WTF! NO!! :yell

Its sasuke whom he really loves..... :wtf .. and wants. :hehee

46. Kusogitsune Banned

47. phoenixblood Call me peebs-sama

I thought a thread on this was already made and even the OP eventually agreed it was invalid. :oh

-Sakura is not a tomboy, nor is she "one of the boys", so unless you're only going by similar (even that a little stretch) hair color, there's not much similar between them
    -Naruto is likened to his mother, so why would he choose like his dad when it was said he's not really like him except in appearance? Following that pattern, he would choose someone like his father, who is "nice but determined", and Yondy was never shown/described as a loud mouth, hyperactive, or brash.

48. Cochise I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

If he had his dad's taste in women he would've banged Tayuya way back when...lol Sakura a tomboy

49. phoenixblood Call me peebs-sama

Tayuya, too, probably more so than Anko since she doesn't even show off her female attributes like Anko did. :jk Plus, she was specifically pointed out to speak too "rough" for a girl (used male speech) by Jiroubu. AND SHE HAS RED HAIR, OMG NARUTAYU FTW!!!! :yell

50. Almaseti <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

You're right. NaruTayu FTW! He's going to have to kick Temari's ass for killing his soulmate.