1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Magnolia Stadium Discussion II

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by Atlantic Storm, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

If you guys are going to do this, please do this in discussion threads specific to the topic. It makes my job easier and makes me less inclined to kill people.

2. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Is it really necessary to create specific threads for stuff a trivial as this? After all, what else are we gonna discuss here?

3. Azeruth TT3 Champion

If this is the major concern then we may be better off banning Simon entirely, he's such a huge factor in every match he participates in and he's only 24 points.

His only potential counters are Fukuro completely, and Sting, Tono, and Byard to some extent. And the last time Sting faced Simon's Dark Moment, he was dubbed a human nightlight that gave away his position. The fact that Simon could be paired with Rufus, who could Memorize Dark Moment (like Zeref had him do) and not only see in the dark himself but cast a second Dark Moment is much more troublesome than Mirajane IMO.

4. Melodie ̣

Yes: Zeref, Azeruth, Space [3]
    No: LPH, Melodie [2]

No, her placement is fine. All you have to do is use her to her fullest potential. Girl has so much in her. The amount of techniques doesn't reflect character's strength and usage. Sure, it's versatility, but still. not enough to put her a tier down (where she would be extremely useful and perhaps even overused).

Should Kamika's binding paper magic be restricted?
    Yes: Zeref, Igneel [2]
    No: Azeruth, Space, LPH, Melodie [4]

Why the hell should it be restricted? It may be strong/useful, but in the end it's just paper. A lot of characters can counter that shit before it activates.

5. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

And it isn't so much as the fact that it's trivial and that there might be a lack of discussion so much as the fact that it's cleaner and makes this stuff much easier to archive. Like, even with this, I would have probably just created a separate discussion thread and move quote all the posts there so I can archive it as just one link instead of like ten of them with different votes, but just having it so it would have been in an entirely different discussion thread from the start would be much easier for me.

6. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

Can matches be made for 1 on 1 characters? just asking. This looks intresting.

7. Yuki Meow.

Nope, the whole purpose is to build a team to wipe out the enemy's team, single characters can do nothing to a good team, if you build a bad team tho with a bad strat a top tier can easily wipe you out.

8. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

How do I build a strategy? I just say what the teams going to do and my opponent rebutals my strategy and so forth? I would like to participate in a practice match to see how this is and if its really fun.

9. Yuki Meow.

Sure i'll go up against you, if you can't put up a fight against me it means you need practice, currently i am at the bottom of the barrel along with Igneel lol, if you can beat me tho i'd put you on the level of FGT and Space, tho's two along with Mel are on the level above me, above them it's AS LPH and SS, the 3 best strategists.

There are others but they are not regulars.

My team will be.

Rogue [36]
    Chelia [36]
    Duke Everlue [8]

You have 80 points to spend on your team, good luck.

10. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

I know it can be a bit much, but its a good idea to read through the guide (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=872462) at some point.

Particularly the first two pages. The first page is essentially the rules of the game and the second page has information on distances and locations.

In regards to creating a team, you can spend up to 80 points on the tier list (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=884935). Each character link will give you a general idea of the moves they are capable of as well as any restrictions placed on the character.

As to your specific question. Yeah you basically lay out the instructions telling your team what to do. Your opponent creates a separate strategy altogether, independent of what you do. Keep in mind its a against the rules to look at your opponents strategy before posting your own.

And then rebuttals(if you choose to rebutt) are used to convince voters why your team wins, be that because your opponents strategy is flawed, won't work, falls into your hands or whatever. If you get really ambitious the rest of the guide provides links to previous matches that you can read through if you want to get a feel for the game. [though i was thinking you've posted in a few matches before?]

Hopefully this wasn't too long winded. But it can be a lot of fun, though at times it can take a bit to get the feel for it. :)

(And good luck in your practice match with Zeref).

11. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

I feel like im going to go below the barrel xD I'll try my best

Wheres Kagura? I wanted her but I didnt see her in the list.
    So i guess I'll go with:
    Gray[42]
    Juvia[36]
    Jet[2]

Oh and just before I seal this team, we cant invent crap right? we need to only use the abilities that they have presented through out the series. Am i correct?

12. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Kagura was removed, people decided she was too strong for our tier list atm.

Second question is hard to answer. Voter interpretation dictates that. You can't give people new abilities. But if its something that the person should be able to do from what we've seen within the confines of their existing feats you may be able to convince voters to allow it.

For example I can't give Ichiya a perfume that would put the enemy to sleep or give Wendy the ability to fly. But I may or may not be able to convince voters that Loke can use his lion's brilliance like a strobe light.

13. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

oh ok, i get it. I can play with their abilities and do what i want with them if it still within their boundries or is something that they can genericly do becuase of their ability. This is ganna be one mess of a practice match xD

14. Yuki Meow.

@General Mael Radec
    Someone not included in the match needs to randomize our location and distance before our battle can begin, once it has we have 72 hours to do everything if it's a draw after that time it will be extend by 24 hours after that sudden death will be invoked.

15. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Here you go:

Location - Mt. Hakobe
    Distance - Short

---

16. Yuki Meow.

17. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

Oh, well this is going to get intresting and fast. When will the match be posted?

Edit: oh it already has xD

18. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

I was a little tempted to pick one of the locations that randomizer seems to hate. I don't think we've even used celestial spirit realm, the beach or magnolia:gildartz edition yet. But alas fair play and all that jazz.

19. Yuki Meow.

20. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

21. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Really not a big deal(since its particulalr useful ) but I came across this takeover (http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/246/07-055.5/compressed/10.jpg?v=11232061372) for Lisanna that I didn't remember....probably isn't the only feat missing from some of the early characters. But I figured this would be one you wouldn't come across intentionally without really looking for it

22. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Poor Melodie. She creates a team, but nobody challenges her. Somebody, please do. Otherwise I'd have to go in a practice match yet again.
    I think stuff like that could easily be added when someone notices it, like you just did. Personally, though, whenever I create a strat (especially tournament strats) I research a character completely and list all of their feats and abilities and stuff, because not everything can be listed in the tier list.

Anyway...

Isn't it time to start organizing a new tournament? Could be a trial tournament because, as stated in the Mirajane thread, there are still lots of things/characters that need to be tested.
    But a normal, real tournament can also be organized. Things would still be tested out a bit, while everyone will create their best teams and go solely for the win.

23. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

My team will be:
    My unoficial boyfriend, Midnight[54]
    Warren[6]
    Bisca[2]
    Jet[2]
    Duke Everlue[8]
    Milliana[8]

24. Yuki Meow.

Distance - Medium

Have fun.

How do you randomize properly anyways? i just flipped a coin, took while lol.

I went

Heads
    Heads
    Heads
    Heads
    Heads
    Tails
    Tails
    Tails
    Tails
    Tails

Then i went

Heads
    Tails
    Heads
    Tails
    Heads

Then i went

Heads
    Tails

LOL!!!

25. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Oh i thought you just put all the names into a randomizer site or something lol.

27. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

I enter them here (http://www.random.org/lists/) and select the top outcome.

28. Yuki Meow.

29. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

We just had a trial tournament last. It's time for a real tournament.

30. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker