1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Magnolia Stadium | 2016 Start-Up | Tier List Rework

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by SinRaven, Nov 11, 2015.

1. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Magnolia Stadium presents:
    2016 Start-Up

Tier List Rework

It is about time to get some life into this place again. It has been too long since we battled against each other with our favorite Fairy Tail characters. But before we can do that again, there are a lot of things we need to discuss. Below are a few of those. Feel free to name more points and I'll add them.

Points of Discussion:

• I. Reworking Pricing System
    • a. Raising/Lowering Price Cap
    • b. Adjusting Price Tiers
    • b. Creating New Pricing Tiers
    • II. Updating Current Characters
    • a. Adding New Feats
    • b. Adjusting Prices
    • c. Post Second Time Skip Feats Discussion
    • III. Addition of New Characters
    • a. Adding Completely New Characters
    • b. Unbanning Previously Banned Characters discussion

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

4. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Thanks for the interest. I think right now, the best thing to discuss is the Tier List Pricing System. All of the three sub-points all correlate to each other, so we can discuss them together.

Of course, first of all, the most important question should be asked.

Tier List Rework: Task I: Reworking Pricing System

Main Issue: Should the pricing system be reworked?
    Yes: SinRaven [1]
    No:

5. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

No:

6. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

I'd like to bring several points forward on why we should rework the pricing system.

First of all I don't believe every character in the same price tier is on the same level. Especially not after all the recent feats we've seen. To simply raise or lower a character to another tier would not suffice, since you'll keep the same issue. We need to create tiers in between the current tiers, but since they already are close to each other, we need to raise the price cap, then adjust tiers accordingly and create new tiers. A lot of work, but I don't think it needs to be done in one go. We'll just make our adjustments after we've decided wether or not we should rework and once we get to the next tasks, we can always look back and adjust accordingly if needed. But yeah, new prices, new price cap and new tiers are needed, in my opinion.

7. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

I'd say it's logical that with all the new additions and absurd power levels a change is needed.

8. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

First off good job. Basically covered all the areas I'd want to. Could add locations as well but that's not all that important.

As to reworking pricing system, im open to some changes. Or at the very least they need to be discussed before a tourney.

9. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I'll help out with this next week, after my schedule clears up.

10. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

If we don't completely revamp the tier list we could create a 70point tier spot. Where potential characters like kagura and aa restricted ajeel could reside

11. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

Why not make a 80 point tier and increase the maximum number in a team to 100?

12. Melodie ̣

No:

---------

@Sartharion: If we make it a 80 point tier, I believe that it could be too much of a clusterfuck during matches. Where there would be way too many hypothetical scenarios playing out to reach to a more logical conclusion. It'd be also uninteresting for the voter to....vote.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  13. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

If we made a 100 point system, we would want to do a lot of price raising otherwise wed end up in the situation Melodie is describing.

That said if we were to go that route, I'd argue for the top tier to be minimally 85 points. We saw what kagura did in her last tourney. Top tier characters don't need support to be successful, so I'd argue for minimizing what they can purchase to prevent broken combinations and balance it out for people that run teams lead by high-low to high-mid tier character s

14. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

This is more or less how I feel about it.

15. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

So how do we go about this. Should we start proposing systems to use and vote on them or wait until AS has time next week to make suggestions and go from there? Or did you have other ideas sinraven?

17. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

I'd wait for AS to become available, will also give more time for people to come here.

18. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

What Sartharion said. We got few people in here right now, would be best to wait for at least one more, as it is needed once we get to the more important discussions.

19. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Alright, it has been settled: the Pricing System should be reworked. But what exactly are the parts that need work..? I think we shouldn't vote on something yet, it's better to discuss it first.

Tier List Rework: Task I: Reworking Pricing System
    Issue a: Should the Price Cap be raised or lowered or remain the same?
    Issue b: How should we adjust the price tiers?
    Issue c: Should we create new price tiers?

21. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

In my opinion, it would be better if we reworked the system entirely. In other words: I think it's best if we raise the pricing cap, adjust the current tiers accordingly and create new tiers in between.

Currently I'm thinking something like raising the cap to 100 points. To not get clusterfucks of teams, we should adjust the current tiers accordingly. For example, I think it's better to raise the current 60 point tier to like a 80 point tier. But the 54 point tier should then be raised to maybe 60/64 point tier and we can create a new 70/72 point tier in between. This would allow for more diversity and it would better seperate characters who are similar in strength, but still slightly apart.
    For example: I don't think Sting and Natsu fit in the same tier (if you agree or not is not the issue right now), so to make it 'fair' and better display their strengths, Natsu would shift to a new 58 point tier and Sting would remain in his current tier (which has been adjusted to 52 points because of the new pricing system).

Note all these numbers still have to be discussed, I just used some 'random' ones to make my point clear.

22. EternalRage Feisty Fairy ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Thoughts on Issue a: The price cap should definitely remain the same, increasing it would give players very unfair matches due to only having one character, or very complex matches due to a cluster of weak characters/mid tier characters. It would cause confusion and/or extreme simplicity.

A: Don't do anything.

I don't exactly understand issue B and C.

23. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

The thing is: there won't be more of a cluster of weak/mid tier characters then there would be right now, because those tiers will be adjusted to match the current price cap. The biggest argument to raising it, imo, is that after we raise it and adjust the tiers to it, there is more room for new tiers (and thus better distinction between characters)

24. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I think the price cap should be increased to accommodate for the potential addition of new tiers and prices. It would give us more flexibility when deciding their prices. There's merit in keeping it the same, though, so I'm not too fussed either way.

As far as the other two issues go, I'd need that we would first need to decide whether or not the price cap should change before looking at the more micro aspects of the tier list.

25. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

I really have nothing additional to add since both Ying and Sin said what I think.

26. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Alright, so we'll raise it. Personally, I think 100 points would make for a nice, round number. It's pretty perfect imo, and would make it easier to convert the several tiers.

27. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Since nobody else has voiced a disagreement, I think 100 points is fine.

28. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian

30. Sartharion The Onyx Guardian