1. Miss Akihabara 2017: Preliminary Round: Nominations & Qualifications (inc. Naruto and one piece).
    Is currently being held in the Akihabara district, visit the thread here to find out more.

Magician

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Black Mirror, Jun 28, 2012.

1. c3zz4rr if life's a bitch,pimp it fool

People are forgetting that Enzu only uses the sheath of his sword. He still hasn't unsheathed his sword yet, and when he wanted to do so in his fight with Fenelia, the Sword advised him against it. I'm guessing the user really need to be top tier to control the full power of the Sword and not be consumed by it or something of the sort.

In other words, Enzu has one possible power-up in the near future, so that he can compensate what he's lacking in comparison with Time.

2. Nanja Member

I don't think Enzu will ever surpass Time. IMO he could probably roll on par though by the end. I recall that one arc went through the trouble of pointing out that Enzu has his own/different approach to fighting so you shouldn't expect the same exact results from Enzu as Time and vice versa.

I don't think either Enzu or Iremi will ever be on par with Edermask or Janus though. Especially if Edermask gets that powerup he is looking to snag.

When I think about it. The final series of fights might be something like Edermask vs Janus, Enzu vs Huan, Iremi vs Fenellia.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  3. yo586 Member

Eh? I totally missed that convo with his sword . . . where does it happen?

I get the sense Enzu will definitely pass Time (although yes in a different vein of fighting) and Iremi will end #1 powerhouse. Maybe the author won't be so clear cut with it, but I doubt Edermask and Janus will be ultimate tops by EOS.

4. Morglay .

Enzu will definitely surpass Time. Maybe not in terms of character but in skill he will claw his way to the top. He has to, otherwise Edan will just stomp him.

Iremi is the strongest being in the series, nothing can compare to the power she has. Well that is what we can assume from the information we have been given and how everyone shits themselves at the thought of informing her about this.

5. Grumpy Zoro Active Member

She can fuckin' invent spells just by thinking of them...she's basically god if her powers are unsealed.

The whole point of Iremi's development power wise is just letting her use more and more of her inborn power.
    Her character development is even worse. Started shitty and is still shitty.

Even great Edermask is shown to fail at what he wants the most. It's basically said that he can't match Janus on his own because he has inferior talent. What's great is that he doesn't give up and seeks to find another way.

6. Xin Advisor

It's awesome and respect for the single person behind it.

Quite the feat to have an ongoing manhwa while studying.

7. HyperfangTM Member

X

8. Onihikage Truth, Love, and Wisdom

9. ensoriki Dicey

Still trying to figure out wtf is happening in the raws doe.
    wtf...

10. HyperfangTM Member

I know!? Iremi got stab!!!! anyways its like a good 15 chp ahead though so we gonna have to wait a long time before we get that far.

11. Drakor Active Member

I know theres a variety of hair colors and stuff, but this Dortellis looks similar to Matthew in ways...maybe its just my desire for her to have something involving the plot instead of being the groups rescue wild card

12. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

I'm having trouble understanding what's going on here... who is the ancient monster? Dortellis? Janus? Still unknown?

13. Morglay .

I thought the ancient monster was calling Edermask Dortellis?

Edit: Or it can feel Iremi's magical power and has mistaken her for Dortellis? They look to be related in some way.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  14. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

I thought it was somehow Janus saying those words to.. erm... Dortellis?

Also, it seems Edermask doesn't know that name?

15. ensoriki Dicey

No look at who is talking to Janus. He looks like Matthew. The only species that could of lived for so long would be the dragons. Its Matthews dad. The ancient monster was said in this chapter to react to descendents of its sealors and we know the dragon race aided in that.

The author has a "guest" visit Janus at the same time Edermask goes to fight the AM. At the same time the monk says the monster reacts to descendants. At the same time we see the second blue hair tanned skin character. Where Edermask doesn't know the name but Janus does. How can The Ancient Monster sealed 5000 years ago have relation to 300 old Edermask.

16. Morglay .

Yeah seems like you will be right. Didn't think the dragons would have any relevance as Matthew barely gets any focus. Glad the author is bringing it back.

17. Hunter &#32

18. Drakor Active Member

I went on a long shot with that weak "same hair same skin" theory but it worked out. Real question now is can true dragons turn into a human form, or is Matthew quarter and not a half-breed like previously believed?

Considering her father fought Janis to what may have been an equal clash, its unlikely he's a true dragon. Well despite this hopefully they can meet up under good circumstances and teach her how to properly utilize her dragon form. Besides, since Dortellis is perfectly content in his long life he needs to know about the existence of his daughter to disturb that balance not to mention more information on how he failed to take down the creature.

19. Bielec Member

If normal dragons didn't have human form then how could they have children with humans?
    It is nice That Matthew finnaly might have more of her own story, she needs it a lot, to become more interesting. We're meeting some old characters, even compared to the Edermask, i knew that dragons live longer, but they really seem to be immortal race. Can't wait for next chapter.

20. yo586 Member

Why would him fighting Janis (which seems he lost) mean he isn't a true dragon?

21. ensoriki Dicey

Spoiler:
    He says he has no problem fighting Janus. However he doesnt even want to look at the ancient monster...

22. Drakor Active Member

We don't know how they procreate, so I didn't want to assume every one of them has a human form. Especially when you consider there would of been very few dragons in the past if they used a human form only to mate. After all, dragon hunting was so popular they went extinct.

I only think he may not be a pure blood dragon for a few reasons, hype and mainly the feats from what is considered a child(Matthew).

Matthew is considered a dragon fledgling, and we have all seen how much her X increases while X, her X also increases greatly. As for durability, she took X a direct blast meant to X while completely offguard and was still X.

So based on that, Dortellis's appearance age wise, and the fact the creature knows him he must have some control over his dragon form after all those years if Matthew can do a little in under 10. Not to mention to have fought Janus and still be alive he must have some martial skill at least. If he had all the above and the full power of a real dragon I can't see Fenalia's words about Janus, her and Edermask having similar power to make complete sense.

Edit: Just making it clear, this doesn't mean he might not be a pure blood, I just think he isn't one based on those feats and explanations alone.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  23. yo586 Member

I think the big sticking point here is what Fenelia said. Where its clear Janus didn't break a sweat to beat Edermask, so realistically they aren't in the same ballpark strength wise (currently). I'm going to guess Dortellis is a full dragon and that just goes to show how beastly Janus is. And even more how hyped this monster is.

24. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Just in case some have missed this, there are scanlated chapters out till
    "Vol.2.33 Ch.151: True Power (04)"
    (X)

X for the full directory of chapters.

25. Drakor Active Member

Seems my thoughts about Dortellis is coming true, did not expect the creature to say Edermask was as strong if not stronger. Though that is from a time long ago, and not the current. Still, I can't believe they willingly "broke what didn't need to be fixed" by releasing that thing...I only see hardship for Pierre, Molly, Iremi and Enzu since Matthew should be naturally tanky to compete with that monster and Edermask is Edermask.

26. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Well, Edermask wanted to get the infinite mana, not really fixing anything. I do think Edermask is being really selfish here by putting the entire world at mortal danger since he can lose and set loose a level 9000+ monster here.
    Feels like the party went straight to the overpowered final boss and skipped all the training arcs in between.

This is just my prediction, but I think they won't defeat the monster here right away.

27. Tracespeck ...

The whole thing with the monster feels really weird right now, almost like the author wrote himself into a corner. The monster has been hyped by everybody including new characters to be stronger then eldermask. It's laughed off his attacks so far. It has infinite mana while we know endurance is eldermasks weakness. It would feel totally out of place now if he actually beat it. Gonna feel awkward if it just walks off in the end too.

28. c3zz4rr if life's a bitch,pimp it fool

I think most of you forget that Edermask doesn't give a shit about the world or about other people except for Nastasha. I believe that's why the author decided to show us that there's a whole town full of his former travel companions, with most of them being forgotten and left behind.
    Imo, his only goal in life is to bring back Nastasha to life/ to wake her up from her coma, while also removing his immortality spell.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be happy if the monster was deliberately released onto the world, especially since the entire continent is under the control of Janus. Causing chaos, while also destroying the numerous underlings his nemesis has is a pretty good tactic to improve your chances of victory.

One possible route the author could take is after Edermask loses to the Monster, he redirects him to the current "monster" of this era, Janus, and naturally the Monster will want to challenge him and take over. Unlike his rampage 8 years ago, he wouldn't have to fight through so many lines of defence before reaching Janus because the Monster would destroy them all for him.

29. Onihikage Truth, Love, and Wisdom

That sure would be a clever route to take - the winner of a Janus vs Monster battle would be weakened enough for Edermask & Co. to finish them off (maybe).

30. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

That sounds like something what the villains would do, not the heroes of a manwha. Not that that would rule this possibility out, just saying.

31. Grumpy Zoro Active Member

I think the author went full retard with this. This monster is hyped to be super strong and yet Edermask just spent like a qouple of chapters spamming his attacks just to free him.

He made a point in saying Edermask has much lower magic capacity/stamina/whatever than Janus. But after doing all those attacks he will still have strength to fight the monster? That's some NAruto level shit right there with charka/magic just depending on the plot.

32. Morglay .

I don't think he was going all out releasing the chains. I agree with this whole thing being full retard though.

33. Grumpy Zoro Active Member

I didn't mean he went all out, but he's been attacking those chains for some time now, I also doubt some weakass attacks would work on the seal or double lol. It had to take some toll on him. And if tired Edermask will beat that thing than...

I don't know, at this point I think the only way to make this work is for Iremi to go god mode and smack the shit out of that thing and give the monster's heart to Edermask as a gift and proof of her feelings:maybe

34. Morglay .

I think we would need some serious Enzu+Edermask tentacle rape for this to occur.

35. Morglay .

X Sorry could only find it all on mangadoom, will edit when the long strip versions can be found.

Well that escalated at quite a predictable speed really. Not sure what else somebody can expect when they throw shit at a fan.

36. Sphyer ~

Oh nice, that websites scans for Magician pretty much up to date (though just missing the latest chapter).

Webtoon mode would be nice though but I'll manage.

37. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Matthew is pretty OP, it's just that she returns to her human form naked every time that's a drag... Wait, why am I complaining about that XD

38. ClandestineSchemer Active Member

One of the rare occasions, that fiction is actually following common sense.

39. Morglay .

She's a fucking boss in dragon mode. Stood in front of the heart of darkness complaining about how she really liked those clothes. :rotfl:datass:rotfl

40. Onihikage Truth, Love, and Wisdom

Even when this kind of stuff happens, I'm going nuts wondering not if but how they're going to get out of this alive.

I mean, I can only imagine it being Iremi, especially with what's-her-face saying they'll be fine because Iremi is with them, but still...how? I assume Edermask is buying time at this point for Iremi's Trap Card to activate, but how that's even going to happen at this point is beyond me. Will Iremi's healing spell trigger something, maybe?

41. HyperfangTM Member

You mean Molliviore? And yes I am wondering how the hell they are going to escape just an outcome. Is this a way for the author to make Iremi awaken her true powers? And if Iremi does, wouldn't everyone else she face later on be way weaker than the current ancient monster they are facing? Unless Janus is not the final villain of the story:huh

42. Onihikage Truth, Love, and Wisdom

I'm willing to wager that Janus + Fenelia + three-eyes + Dortellis could probably overpower this monster without much difficulty, at least at its current power level.

43. Bielec Member

Now, i want to know how they will get away (assuming that monster is not getting defeated). And I must agree with Iremi, he talks a lot, i think he said more than everyone else together in recent chapters, propably it's because of him almost not talking to anyone for 5000 years.

44. Morglay .

I am just waiting for it to shut the fuck up and get serious. Then we'll have a show. Would Timeh have been able to cut through the shell and get to the heart in Edermask's place?

45. Lord Omnicent Lord of Dragons

Time could probably cut through it if he lands a hit (I love Time, but he is a glass cannon being a human and all. He can dish out the damage, but don't think he can take the licks :cry), but after that he probably gets blown up.

46. ClandestineSchemer Active Member

And holy shit Edermask, considering how deep they were and how far it went.
    He truly pierced the heavens!

47. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

I didn't know so many chapters have been released... almost spoiled myself by going to the last chapter and finding the chapter I left off. But that was a pretty epic last few chapters, really feeling it for the characters.

I think Edermask made a bet there and released 99.9% of his mana in that last attack and in case the monster's heart doesn't provide him with unlimited mana, he dies.

48. Morglay .

So... Was Edermask lucky that the monster is such a huge target? It was a bamf attack but I can't imagine he has much accuracy when he uses it.

49. ClandestineSchemer Active Member

He needed somebody to divert its attention to gather his power, so its probably more of a surprise attack, when the enemy is of guard.
    But if he gets the heart and the attack actually becomes spammable . . .

50. Onihikage Truth, Love, and Wisdom

My prediction of a plot twist: His attack destroyed the monster's heart