1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Celebrate our first Xenforo anniversary and join the forum lottery here
  4. Check out "Peerless", by our very own Shrooms!

Magician

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Black Mirror, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Black Mirror ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠? ͟ʖ ͡?)=ε/̵͇̿̿

In the village of Adatt, Iremi, the tomboy granddaughter of a local witch, sees the infamous mage Edermask en route to her hometown. Wanting to find out who is stronger, she sets off to challenge him with her childhood friend Enzu, a novice swordsman who is always being dragged around wherever she goes… However in the background there is a war going on between the two powerful nations Teodorl and Aleumhan in order to rule the sea!

Genre
    Action Adventure Comedy Drama Fantasy Mystery Romance

Chapter 1 (http://www.readmanga.today/magician/1/all-pages)

Support the creator (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=24965&weekday=thu)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  2. gumby2ms Doesn't want a Custom Title

there are a lot more in raws. also think there's already a thread. enjoy this. a slower place but it builds and grows.

as of so far about 92% through arc 1. also there is another 80 ish after that.

3. Raptorz The Crownless King

4. IdeNoreen New Member

5. Black Mirror ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠? ͟ʖ ͡?)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Yep, raw is further away but the scanlator catches up. It is not a jump manga, so it is probably a miracle that a scanlator found it.

I used search but couldn't find a thread about this manga. That's why I was surprised because this manga is totally great.

6. gumby2ms Doesn't want a Custom Title

it's navar. a lot of good webcomics there. some with slow and some with fast translators.

7. MrCinos Student of Despair

Last chapters were sad. Poor D and Maudlen. I wish he were just stunned/knocked out but it doesn't seem to be the case (not to mention it'd have cheapened drama).

8. Black Mirror ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠? ͟ʖ ͡?)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Yeah, I also hoped D was just knocked out... new chapter is so confusing... poor matthew, edermask lost his mind somehow

9. Morglay .

Love this one and think it needs more love. 1 question though about chapter 174:

Spoiler:
    How the hell does knowing the technique make it any easier to counter? If it is really what they think it is.

10. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

it's kjust that tyhe first 6 chapters aren't that good.

the art is SO much better latter. and it's wayyyyyy too rpgish but still kinda original.

great read. i'm on chapter 155 abnd going.

in about 2 hours I'll be in 178 :~~~~~~~~~~~

happy and sad at same time.

11. MrCinos Student of Despair

What a sad way to end part 1. Didn't expect another death so soon.

P.S. This series needs to be added to Library Index.

12. Black Mirror ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠? ͟ʖ ͡?)=ε/̵͇̿̿

You think Iremi is in love with edermask? She is acting weird somehow, I hope she won't turn into a chicken :( I wonder why Matthew won't turn into a dragon and improve her skills as one. She should be able to control it...

13. yo586 Member

She obviously is head over heels, I'm in my first love with an older man, phase. I wish Enzu would live a little and enjoy some of the attention all the other women are giving him.

Don't think I'd be too keen on this manwha if I was reading it weekly, but love it because of the quicker scans.

14. gumby2ms Doesn't want a Custom Title

yeah iremi is hard to read about here and edermask. needless to say she is often a spoiled brat. really like how matthew has developed helped cope with the death of dirt.

15. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

I would love to know more about the talking sword. Also, kudos for one man army scans, the guy's a beast, there's always a new chapter to read.

meh, Iremi is getting on my nerves, she's so spoiled and bratty, someone gotta give her a good spanking.

16. MrCinos Student of Despair

I dislike how Matthew looks after time-skip. That armor and haircut looks ugly on her. When she sparred with Enzu it looked ok, but otherwise...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  17. Mizura Meh Advisor

That's my biggest issue with Magician: the awful, awful costume designs. Why is Matthew walking around in her undies? Why is Iremi dressed like a jester? And for god's sake, why are all the girls walking around in the wilderness in high heels? Doesn't the author realize how awkward it is when the heels sink straight into mud or gets stuck in rocks? And they're supposed to run around in them?

This is really too bad because the art really improved with time. If the author had bothered spending a few more hours on costume design, maybe it wouldn't be so grating for me. :( It is pretty unpleasant when most of the art is gorgeous, but most of the time the panels are focused on those ridiculous outfits.

18. Black Mirror ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠? ͟ʖ ͡?)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Luffy would say these are "Magical heels" XD

Well, I'm more curious what kind of super witch is sealed inside iremi. They were talking about it as if she wouldn't be the same characterwise.

But I agree, the fashion is at least ugly though I dont really care. There are a lot of secrets to be discovered such as Nastasha's role in this and what happened to the witch before Iremi. Are there any other elves? If there are Elves, are there hobbits and dwarfs as well or even orcs etc.?

Janus also mentioned their world is bigger than edermask can imagine, so It's really interesting.

19. Tenderfoot Hemit

20. Morglay .

21. XxShadowxX Kicks Burning Orphans for Luls

Noblesse, another Naver Manhwa. Also check out Tower of God if you're into them.

22. Tenderfoot Hemit

Thanks, Already reading Tower Of God, It Rocks! :thumbs

23. rhino25 Member

The story is good, the characters are fun and I love the setting, but when I first started reading this a few months ago I thought the artist was drawing this with a paint brush between his toes LOL. The art has improved drastically since it started though. :)

Anyone turned off by the art style should keep reading for a bit and give it a chance.

Hope we get some flashbacks once Edermask shows up again! I want to know what the hell happened during that 8 (or was it 6?) year timeskip damnit! :mad

24. rhino25 Member

I was hoping Molly's servant was a badass! Wonder if he's some sort of demon. Can't wait for the next chapter. :nod

That was so great

25. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

I've been taking a look at the raws and... about Molly and Pierre...

Spoiler:
    Pierre has some strange skill that uses wires/lines to attack and defend. Also, Molly looks quite skilled at ice magic

26. Pesky Bug Active Member

Man, this shit's awesome, why is there no talk about it? :( More people need to read Magician. And from what I gather, the raws are quite far ahead, so releases seem to be going fast.

Although Vol. 2 feels to be a bit slow, it's taking its sweet time in setting things up.
    Although we got some interesting characters lined up. Hazel and Pierre are all-around badasses. And I like Phobia, even though she hasn't done anything. Enzu also got some much needed lessons. It's good that the setbacks of solo training were brought up.

27. Rica_Patin True Patrician

Is this a manga or a manwha? And if it's a manga what magazine is it serialized in?

28. Pesky Bug Active Member

29. Kirito &#32

30. Rica_Patin True Patrician