1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Magi

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Zaru, Feb 5, 2016.

1. RazzaTheReaver Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thought Ugo looked a lot like Alibaba in this chapter?

2. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

How can you not want this guy to win, the alternative is naruto & aladdin who have no plan for the future.

Ugo going on about being a simple human as well when this dude went from human to some magic man that lives forever in some magic palace

First thing Sinbad needs to do is backhand Kogyoku, Muu & the japanese guy for their insolence

3. Kellogem Well-Known Member

Sinbad is a pretty interesting FV at least.. after all the justification he just admits he wants to be god cause of selfish reasons / he is a special snowflake. also he is more human than the rest with his journey and original good intentions.

most FV are either total douchbags cause the hell of it, or some hypocrites trying to explain their evil deeds with greater good... or both (looking at you Juha) Sinbad doesnt fit in, and thats good..

also, it already worth it for these full body djinn equips.. they look beautiful and badass - such details.

Im a bit interested in Magi again. if Ohtaka do the final battles / Sinbads transformation well, at least there is a chance Magi will have the best final villains / battles among recent ending shounen, even if the manga itself had a lot of downhills in the last couple of years.it has to screw up hard not to surpass the likes of Naruto or Bleach (or even Claymore, Soul Eater, Psyren regarding the final battle)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

321 (http://yonkouprod.com/magi-chapter-321/)
    322 (http://yonkouprod.com/magi-chapter-322/)

Spoiler:
    Ugo swatting Sinbad :ryoma

5. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

Ugo is so full of shit honestly, Alibaba legit gets his soul stolen and instead of dying like a 'normal' human he gets magiced backed to life. Same with Ugo why is he playing god in the current world? He was just a magician in the previous one.

6. Kellogem Well-Known Member

those are some creepy-ass disgusting angels..

I hate Ugo crushing people with this "why do you make me do this, please stop, I hate violence!" face..

7. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a classic case of SVS - "Sympathy for Villain Syndrome". Rather than any association with the villain's motivations, a person feels sympathy for and likes a villain simply because "they're cool", "they are handsome-looking", etc.

Technically speaking, Ugo is the guy who made the current world, so that would qualify him as "God". Moreover, he knows Sinbad's intent, and he has every reason to stop Sinbad. Sinbad wants to take control of the Rukh and 'Destiny', completely re-write it to suit his own desires and strip away free-will in the process.

And he does this for no reason other than his own selfishness. Because he has convinced himself that only he alone can and should decide the fates of everyone in the world.

Ugo wants to stop this, since it would only return things to the way they were under Ill Ilah.

Alibaba was not "brought back to life"; his spirit was banished by Belial's scythe, and the Rukh wound up in the Dark Continent.

By coming back from the Dark Continent and reuniting with his body in the Great Rift, Alibaba was able to return from the Dark Continent.

8. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

I know full well Sinbad is written to be evil, but honestly the main reason I would rather him win/like him is because the other king candidates are worthless and we'll end up with a naruto end. All of them iirc want to stop wars permanently but ita going to be some bullshit like "no its OK that's how people are haha let's just live our lives".

You have me with the alibaba dark continent thing but then what about judar? He should be dead or completely off the planet but Ugo shifted him to the Dark continent, his ended up losing due to his choices aka his free will but Ugo basically altered his destiny. Its a bit ridiculous that Ugo will do things like that because it benefits his world while going on about letting destiny move on its own.

9. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

His Rukh was tainted "Black" at that point. At this point, I have to wonder if one who has "fallen into depravity" is someone who has "dyed the Rukh with their own will", as was explained in the Alma Torran flashback, or whether it is someone whom, in "Falling into depravity", has reverted back to the control of Ill Ilah's will, since almost everyone who has fallen into "Depravity" in this series has, at one point or another, done things which would have led to a build up of Black Rukh to pull Ill Ilah into the world.

On top of that, as a Magi, Judar is Ugo's responsibility, since he is the one who guides the souls of the Magi from the Sacred Palace into the world. In other words, he likely saved Judar from a "destiny" and "will" that were not his own, but that of Ill Ilah's Black Rukh.

You can't exactly wipe out the concept of war with just one generation. It is something multiple generations have to work towards, with the King candidates of the current generation being those who will begin forging that path towards a unified world created by the will of the people.

On the other hand, Sinbad is trying to forcibly rid the world of war in one generation, and will try to do so by taking away the free will of everyone in the world, and take control of destiny itself, as it was once manipulated by Ill Ilah in Alma Torran.

There is the collective will of many shaping the world into a better place and passing on the torch to the next generation, and then there is one man who seeks to forcibly impose his will upon all others, without care or thought to what other people think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

But thats what I mean, I get Ugo is trying to guide the world to a "good" end, but thats basically the same as what Sinbad plans to do - Ugo is forcing a pre-determined path on Judar; maybe he did save him but thats still interfering with a persons destiny.

But why not one generation? Lets say Sinbad or any of the king candidates managed to take Ugo's position and only intervened when wars began/major conflicts were starting I don't see how its an issue. Ugo is already interfering at times so whats the difference

11. reaperunique I3

Honestly though, I really hope Sinbad just gets like swatted back. He's now an arrogant douche coming from confident and likable.

12. Goud Raven.

So Sinbad has shown 6 Djinn equips now throughout the manga? Baal, Focalor, Zepar, Crocell, Vepar and Furfur. In before the 7th being grossly overpowered or him just merging all equips together :maybe

13. RazzaTheReaver Well-Known Member

It's funny how you insinuate that Alibaba is like Naruto yet Sinbad is the special snowflake who's a reincarnation of a deity and was chosen by destiny and prophecy.

14. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

Im talking about in a sense of ending the cycle of hatred. Its the same situation as Madara (pre alien lady asspull). The Infinite Tsukuyomi was pretty evil but it was still a viable plan, Naruto just went on about ending the cycle of hatred with no planed, failed & is apparently dead in the new series.

Sinbad or hell any king candidate intervening to stop wars as the "god of the world" actually provides a solution.

15. RazzaTheReaver Well-Known Member

I don't recall Alibaba being particularly preachy when it comes to ending hatred and whatnot. In fact, he's often been on the receiving end of hearing people's plans on how the world should be run.

Anyway, I don't buy into the notion that someone having a plan for the world automatically equates to that plan being good or even viable. Especially when the person who wishes to impose said plan has even admitted in this very chapter that avarice and greed are the main factors in driving him to achieving this goal. I agree that he does have a genuine vision for the future, but it ultimately is a secondary priority behind his pure lust for power. And then there's the plan itself; honestly, I'd rather the world stay as it is than allow the entire thing to fall under the dominion of one single person, no matter who that is. Rather than benefiting everyone, it sounds like something that could very easily turn into an absolute disaster.

16. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

Sinbad being written as "selfish" and lusting for power is only in this series so we side with the MCs over him, you can read AoS and see the difference. At one point the slavery arc shows him that hes a regular human etc so IDK why his character randomly reverts like this in Magi.

Even if his goal of peace is secondary & him (or any king candidate) needed to take on Ugo's role I don't see how its less viable than whats currently happening. We know Ugo intervenes whenever he needs to e.g saving judar from death so I don't get why Sinbad's "necessary" intervention couldnt be during wars?. I suppose I am too biased for him since I like him better & AoS better than magi though lol.

17. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

It didn't 'randomly' revert. Sinbad originally gained humility in Adventures of Sinbad because the fact that he was forced to capitulate to slavery as well as his own personal experiences during that time humbled him and made him think that he was just a regular human, rather than an infallible 'chosen one' as he had originally thought in the chapter leading up to it. Since then, he's become the King Vessel of so many Djinns that he's been banned from entering dungeons, created a massively powerful kingdom with alliances all around the world, forced an ancient empire onto its knees, led a worldwide technological and economic revolution and ended war, albeit on a short-term basis. Considering this, is it really surprising that he's developed a bit of a complex?

18. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

Chapter 323 (http://yonkouprod.com/magi-chapter-323/)

Ugo the fly swatter

19. RazzaTheReaver Well-Known Member

20. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

Well, Rest In Pieces Sinbad, you will be missed really.
    I indubitably hope that he won't come back because his dead is really savage, realistic because of how it came out of nowhere ( just like in real life, dead come to you out of nowhere and doesn't wait you lol )

21. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

But if Sinbad doesnt come back, who will be the FV? Arba again? :catprone.

22. RazzaTheReaver Well-Known Member

23. Goud Raven.

Sinbad will come back. He's just been rid of his black rukh.

24. Magnum Miracles Well-Known Member

My D. Gray Man re-read is gonna have to be put on-hold so I can read Sinbad and fully appreciate his new development.

25. Fourangers Back to teh bromance

My theory is that Sinbad will probably use his black rukh and defeat Ugo.

26. Kellogem Well-Known Member

lol elder david got trolled.. "Muhahaha, I predicted all of that, now I will rule everything, I'm God"
    Ugo: no wont do
    David: naniiii?

it was like a mockery of the generic megaloman FVs.. kind of sad, but a black rukh ridden Sinbad has more potential.

still havent gave up on that Kouen vs Evil Sinbad..

27. Goud Raven.

Except that ''evil sinbad'' is literally David. If Sinbad actually reincarnates into a form in which he resembles himself/remembers who he is, he'll be rid of that black rukh, so he won't be half-fallen anymore. At that point I don't see him having a reason to fight Kouen anymore.

28. RazzaTheReaver Well-Known Member

29. convict He who Greets with Fire Advisor

It has been genuinely entertaining and interesting to watch Sinbad and the readers come to terms with the fact that he was nothing but a self serving narcissist all along. His brutal mauling was also completely out of the blue, a genuine first, and very satisfying.

Still, I agree with the earlier post that indicated that the biggest travesty of the manga is not getting the much anticipated Kouen vs Sinbad bout. I have no idea what to expect right now. Both Aladdin and Alibaba have surpassed Sinbad in strength by a noticeable degree so whatever comes they should be ready for it.

30. Roman ABSOLUTE JUSTICE

What an end to Sinbad's story. I was expecting him to eventually be a final boss to Aladdin and Alibaba but instead we get David making a comeback much like Madara. Honestly, I'm not sure if I should be disappointed, but at least Ugo still seems to have the decisive upper hand.