1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!
  4. The latest NF Newsletter is out (June), read it here

Magi by the creator of Sumomomo Momomo - Part 2

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Tazmo, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Does Il Ilah exist in a state that resembles the Black Rukh or does the Black Rukh exist in a state that resembles Il Ilah?

2. Dark Dragon Member

It's also something to note that although Sinbad and Kouen have always been deemed the top candidates to be "King," they aren't any Magi's personal pick to be their king vessel. Yunan may have backed Sinbad up prior to the series starting, but Yunan no longer supports Sinbad. Seems like Aladdin and Judar picked their king vessels, now I wonder who Titus and Yunan will pick?

3. Rokudaime Active Member

How so? Sasuke went against the world because he felt the world was treating his beloved brother like shit. If Sasuke knew the entire truth about his brother, he will not slay his brother down.

Hakuryuu has sister, who is ALIVE and CARE about him, but he decides to kill her because of his own selfishness.

4. LordPerucho Well-Known Member

Hakuryuu reasoning is right, his "mother" killed his brothers before his eyes, and he was forced to accept his destiny, he said screw it and he wants to create his own path. The part when she asks fake Hakurei if she knew something was wrong with the country and Gokyuen, why she didnt do anything is why im supporting Hakuryuu

Even though he is now fucked in the head when he wants to kill the real Morg, that should please the AlibabaxMorg shippders.

5. ensoriki Son Ganon

he doesnt plan to kill his sister, he just struck down the illusion.
    He says he will kill Mor.

Hakuryuu knew what the right thing and he wanted to accept them but he cant just magically wish the resentment inside away. His anger burns in his chest and the easiest thing for him emotionally is to appease his anger than to go with his friends. the whole situation is tied to fate so he rebels against it.
    It all makes emotional sense until he says he wants to kill Mor, That seems to be him trying to prove to himself that Alibabas way isnt right and shes wrong by association.

tl:dr. Sasuke didnt and doesnt know how to live without hate, to hate or to be hated.
    Hakuryuu knows peace but cant accept it because it doesnt deal with the lingering feelings he has. belial tried to get him to move past those feelings but instead he brought them to the surface. dont be surprised if Sinbad has similar emotions waiting to come out.

6. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

The Black Rukh as it was in Alma Torran was infused with the "Will of Ill Ilah", and it was that "Will" that allowed Ill Ilah to guide the "Destiny" of Alma Torran as it saw fit. The narration in the chapter Sheba died implied that the new Black Rukh was carrying out "The Will of the Magicians", and they no longer needed "Ill Ilah's divine protection".

However, the end goal of Al-Thamen is to bring Ill Ilah down into the world in order to suck up all the White Rukh and to destroy the world; Arba's devotion to Ill Ilah seems contrary to Ithnan's statement that they are trying to fight against "Destiny", which is what Ill Ilah's Will embodied in the Rukh of Alma Torran.

As a result, it appears more likely that, while they can use the Black Rukh to carry out "their Will", Ill Ilah's Will still exists in the Black Rukh and it is pushing people into certain directions once they "fall into depravity" in order to reclaim all the Rukh that Solomon took from it.

7. Magnum Miracles Well-Known Member

Thank God. 'Cause I really like Hakuei, even if she hasn't been in the series all that much since the beginning.

Needs moar panel time.

8. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I think that the "good bye sister" in implying he is ready to kill Hakuei as well. he is aware thats just an illusion and not the real Hakuei, so it speaks about his state of mind, like he is modelling what he is planning to do and going to say.

9. son_michael Embrace The Kai

So you missed the part where he embraces killing his sister and the girl he supposedly loves?

10. Wesley Guess who it is!?

If you aren't with me, you're against me. Sums up Hakuryuu's mentality at this point.

11. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

Ill Ilah's "will" seemed to be chaos, there was no real "destiny". Solomon changed that and created a system where there is something closer to destiny (though it may still be very broad).

Going into depravity just means breaking free from Solomon. Solomon had human ideals and he placed those ideals into his world.

In a sense Solomon may have taken some free will away from sentient life and falling into depravity is taking that back. At the same time it technically isn't as both black and white rukh are streams of destiny except white rukh is made with human thought behind it and black rukh is either random destiny or some strange god-given destiny (depending on whatever you think Ill Ilah is exactly).

12. son_michael Embrace The Kai

Solomon didn't take free will from anybody, if he did then Al Thamen wouldn't exist.

See people are going to rationalize Hakuryu's actions because they like him LOL this is what fans ALWAYS DO. The truth is that failing into depravity= BAD GUY. Both Hakuryu and Judar are puppets that are being manipulated by Ill Ilah and that manipulation is making them shrug off human emotions EXCEPT for hatred and revenge.

Failing into depravity isn't taking back Sentience, it's losing independent thought and being an instrument of darkness.

13. Wesley Guess who it is!?

We spent 5 fucking months on that god forsaken arc and there was literally no point to it other than to wank Aladdin's parents, whom he cares nothing for.

14. son_michael Embrace The Kai

um..we learned about the origin of the rukh, how the world was created, the truth about Morg's clan, the origins of Al Thalmen and why the Djin exist..Not to mention get the whole world working together to defeat Al Thalmen

so yeah...a lot of important shit happened in this arc.

15. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Nah I have no love for the Sauce(hakuryu or Judar) just stating my opinion.

Based on new information depravity is not what we once thought. Not trying to say people in depravity are saints its called depravity for a reason afterall.

16. Wesley Guess who it is!?

All of which that could have been condensed into a single chapter. Not 5 worthless months of Sheba being in love with Solomon. Worst of all, it was all meaningless and had no baring on the present day.

It was the second longest arc this manga has ever had and it was a total waste of time.

17. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

Except that's not what the flashback suggests at all.

We are left with the question of whether Ill Ilah has any sort of intelligence at all.

There is definitely nothing pointing to Ill Ilah being some sort of evil force.

18. son_michael Embrace The Kai

I agree it could have been shorter but at least it did what it was supposed to do.

What about the voice inside of Hakuryu and Judar? Seems like they are possessed by an evil force.

19. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

20. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

21. ensoriki Son Ganon

Alma Toran arc can suck my balls, lick the hair clean off em. Unless the ghost of David comes in here idgaf really.

This is Kings Candidate time.
    Alibaba time to be exact.

22. convict He who Greets with Fire Advisor

I am very glad I took a hiatus from Magi during the Alma Toran arc and read it all in one go. It flowed smoothly and was enjoyable enough but I can definitely imagine the frustration of reading it weekly.

23. Kellogem Well-Known Member

24. Wesley Guess who it is!?

No chapter this week. Oddly enough, the Sinbad manga did get a chapter.

25. Imagine //\\

26. son_michael Embrace The Kai

Judar says he gets what everyone is saying but there's something inside of him that refuses or w/e it says.

http://www.[Blocked Domain]/magi/244/12 then here he says he can't keep living "with this thing inside of me"

http://www.[Blocked Domain]/magi/244/18 then a third eye and Bellial says Judar feels like Ill Ilah itself.

27. Wesley Guess who it is!?

I think he was speaking metaphorically. Hatred can seem like a monster clawing it's away around inside of you.

28. son_michael Embrace The Kai

I disagree, the 2 last chapters just scream possession of them both by Ill Ilah to me..Otherwise how would hakuryou awaken an eye like Solomon's will? Beliial even says "this feels like Ill Ilah" there's no doubt in my mind that they are both possessed.

29. Wesley Guess who it is!?

I'd rather hope not. It's much more interesting for them to have cleared their conscience and gone full on into "FUCK THE WORLD!" mode without looking back. This way everything they do is their fault and their former friends and allies have a couple of assholes who won't hesitate to murder them for kicks.

30. ensoriki Son Ganon

Their fall to depravity is understandable. The near instant high contrast personality change isn't quite so, unless there is an underlying mechanic to Black Rukh/Depravity that causes a personality change the very moment you fall.
    Given Illah controlled peoples destiny, by removing their Rukh from Solomons flow, Illah probably is interjecting his will on them. Which adds a certain level of world weaving that "we snapped" just doesn't bring.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.