1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

☆ Living on the outside: The No.6 FC ☆

Discussion in 'Other Anime/Manga Fanclubs' started by ℛei, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

WELCOME TO THE FC

X
    Banner by Kelsey

No. 6 is a nine-volume novel series written by Atsuko Asano and published by Kodansha between October 2003 and June 2011. A manga adaptation drawn by Hinoki Kino began serialization in the March 2011 issue of Kodansha's Aria magazine. A TV anime series adaptation by Bones began airing in Japan in July 2011.The story takes place in an ideal city known as "No. 6". Shion, a boy raised in the elite and privileged environment of his home, gives shelter to another boy, who only gives his name as 'Nezumi', during the former's 12th birthday. After spending a rainy night with his new friend, Shion discovers the next morning that Nezumi has left and disappeared without a trace. Four years later, Shion experiences a spate of incidents around him in which a deadly infection by parasitic bees leaves its victims to age rapidly. Shion's co-worker is one of the victims and Shion is arrested on suspicion of murder. Whilst Shion is being transported to the Correctional Institute, Nezumi appears and rescues him. Shion begins to find out the hidden truth behind the Ideal City No.6.

OWNER

Reiki

CO-OWNERS
    SakuraYume
    Kelsey
    Toroxus

MEMBERS
    Erendhyl
    Kagura
    Vynjira
    Raktus
    Seijaku_
    Minko
    SakuraYume
    Sheireen
    Fighting Kitsune
    Ceria
    Selva
    Oh hell no
    Jelly
    Blackberry90
    Spooky_Bunny
    Yunie
    FrayedThread
    Shai
    Ishi no Ishi
    Mentalii
    Nechku Chan
    Hariti
    GOODIES

X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

Spoiler: Translation/summaries of the novel
    X
    X
    X
    X

Rules
    No bashing
    No trolling
    No prnz(but you could PM them)
    No spamming(well,you could spam,but not that much)
    The newest chapter and episode should be spoilered​

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Reiki!!!!!!!!!!!

Your FC is finally up! :wtf

3. Toroxus CatBoy

My Personal Review:

I was recommended to read and watch No. 6. It's an actual novel that is currently being adapted into an Anime and a Manga. The fanbase for this series is the fastest growing I've ever seen; It's only 5 chapters and episodes in, at the time I'm writing this, and it's gain quite the following. It has great ratings on ANN, and after viewing all the available material out there, I can agree.

I'm pretty critical about what I spent my time with. I generally judge a series in 4 categories: Art, Story, Characters, and Pacing.

-The art for this series is the modern-style that has become popular, and is in my favor. They really spent time and effort on the art in both the anime and the manga. The visuals give you perspective and depth. Colors in the anime are vibrant and give the anime some livelihood. The anime is full of motion and is visually appealing. I'm not one of those asshole elitists whom throws out an anime because it's an anime. The art of the Anime is superior to the Manga. However, on the flip-side, the artwork of the characters is superior in the Manga.

-Story: The setting is not unique. The setting is your typical Dystopian environment. It makes up for this by throwing a whole new twist into premise though. I'm a sucker for series that make you question right and wrong. Events that make the protagonists questioning themselves and what's right and wrong. And that are uniquely difficult choices enough so that mature readers are left picking their own sides as well. A great example of this is Letter Bee. While not much of No. 6's plot has been revealed, it's being steered in this direction. This type of plot, where you pick sides, is very difficult to pull off, but the reward is great. It gives you a suspense that stereotypical archetypes don't: A world without good and evil, but difficult choices where good intentions pave the road to hell, and the malice of a few can be the salvation of humanity. A world just like ours, full of grey and doubt.

-Characters: Firstly, this is a Shojo, which tends to have many opposite to Shounen. Which is why if you've never seen a Shojo, you should see No. 6; it'd be a whole new experience for you. 07-Ghost is in the same boat. The characters are Shojo-ian characters, that is they aren't Archetypal in any sense, but they do have some basic Shojo-ian make-ups. It's difficult to explain if you've never seen a Shojo. Every other Shounen character I've seen falls under some Archetypal, except Letter Bee's characters. As you may have gathered, No. 6's characters seem fresh and likable. I don't feel like I'm seeing another character from another series.

-Pacing. This is really a deal-breaker for many series for me. A great example of how this can turn me off is in Pandora Hearts. The pacing was too slow even though the series was good in every other respect. Obviously if I'm writing this thread, I don't think No. 6 suffers from a pacing problem. As a well educated and deep catmale, I need a lot of material to keep me interested. The story has to have depth and it has to be moving through at this depth at a rate that keeps me busy. While I wouldn't say No. 6 is the deepest story ever, it's definitely worth a view for any mature reader. It's not a challenging amount of information, the challenge comes from the choices you make in whom you side with. It's an entertaining amount of depth for a mature reader.

This is something I don't include when rating a series but I feel it must be said. The opening for this is actually good. I'm in shock. I can't remember the last time I didn't skip an opening since Ouran. The visuals are great, the song works very well with the visuals at hand, and it really gives the beginning a boost in energy. Visually, it's probably the best opening I've ever seen. And in terms of the story the opening tells, it is the best I've ever seen. it's not just a bunch of quick-moving bullshit meant to keep my 5-year-old mind happy. It's a story in itself.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  4. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

Yessssssssssssssssssssss,it's finally up.... I'm so happy :ruri

FK,are you joining? :maybe

Welcome to the FC :<3

Wanna be my second co-owner?

5. Toroxus CatBoy

6. Fighting Kitsune Contradiction is Truth

Sorry, but no (maybe later when I start reading this series). :( Saw your request answered in the FC request thread. Just wanted your FC to be on first page. :ano

7. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

^ OK FK :ruri

Will add the goodies soon,thanks :33

8. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

OMG YES FINALLY :yay

9. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

FFFFF I NEED TO WATCH EPS 5 & 6 BRB.

10. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

KelKel it's up :<3.Go and watch nao :gun

11. Toroxus CatBoy

It should be a rule that the newest chapter and episode should be spoilered when we discuss them :quite

12. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

Add rules right now :ruri

13. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

I hope I haven't forgot anything :hmm

14. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Spoiler: 5 & 6
    Ep 5 was adorable. Mainly because of the looooong dancing scene, they're so cute together its crazy, asdfghjkl. It's so obvious they feel something for each other, it really is.

As for ep 6. Well fuck my life. There's always gotta be a girl involved. Gtfo Safu no one bloody loves you, you're getting in the way of everything srs. And from the looks of the Ep 7 Previews, Sion and Nezumi go their separate ways already, all because of the girl. GOD WOMEN.
    Nezumi didn't want to tell Sion about Safu because it's obvious Nezumi doesn't want to be alone anymore and the fact he doesn't want Sion to get killed.

One last thing "I WILL ALWAYS BE BY YOUR SIDE." CANON. CANON. CANON. JUST LIKE CASTIEL AND DEAN. CANON.

:love

15. Toroxus CatBoy

Once everything is up and running and all the people who were waiting to join actually join, we shall discuss. :hurr
    So why in the anime does Shion/Sion wear undies and in the manga he doesn't? :pek Think the manga decided to do some fanservice? :ho

Spoiler: Ep 6
    Yeah, Safu better GTFO out of my shounen-ai. :pek :gun
    I swear, if she makes the two boys break up, I will make an anti-Safu FC

16. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Because it's anime. It's a lot more censored compared to Manga. Take Bleach for example :distracted.

17. Erendhyl <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

Joinage please!

Also, does anyone have a link to a place with translations for the light novels? I'm watching the anime (and about to go watch episode 6), but I've only been able to find the first volume of the light novels.

18. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

Welcome to the FC Eren :<3.I didn't know you watched this anime :ruri.
    I'll give you the link.

@Toroxus I'm sure that's some kind of fanservice :ho
    Spoiler: Ep 5 and 6
    Me gusta ep 5 :ohpek.Dat dancing scene made my day.That was so touching and adorable.NezShion looks great together and their relationship is really awesome.Safu is going to become my least fave char,if she'll ruin my OTP :pek.Gurl,you better fing someone else.Hads off from my boys.

19. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

I'll stab her in the eye :giogio

20. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

KelKel tha's so cruel :wth.I'll join ya though ;33

The link of manga.
    X

21. Erendhyl <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

Thanks Reiki!

I just found it last week. I'm really glad you made the FC; I needed other people to fangirl over Shion, Nezumi, and Shion/Nezumi with.

22. Toroxus CatBoy

I'm a boy, am I allowed to join? :ano

23. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

I wonder if theres any NezuShi doujins yet :maybe

24. Erendhyl <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

Fangirl, fanboy; to-may-to, to-maa-to. Squeeing is for everyone, and it's probably the word that I should have used. I'm just happy to have a place to talk about the series.

25. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

No problem :ruri

Thanks Eren.I hope more people will join us soon and we'll have a lot of fun :<3
    Kels is a boy too.So you'll fanboying :maybe
    Pixiv is full of faparts,I'm sure I could find some doujins too :argh

26. Vynjira

*feels left out*

27. Sayaka Hanging by a Thread the Armless One

28. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

Welcome :ruri.Didn't know you watched it :mad

New member????:maybe

29. Toroxus CatBoy

There should be a list of Doujins and links to them if they are ever found :hurr

Honestly, I hope that NezuxSion doesn't become smexual in the canon. While I would love more romance like dancing, holding hands, getting naked in front of each other, falling asleep together, and kissing; I find that if there is smex in the series, the plot usually goes to shit.
    I have ~1000 fanarts from the series. I uploaded some of my favorites to the FC photobucket, but I'll go and upload some more later on today. I'm surprised how many pictures there are despite it's relative newness.

Whenever I find new stuff, I'll try to post it here.
    Spoiler: Work-safe picture

X

I will also post anything that I add to the photobucket unless I don't think it's that good. While I respect different styles and offer them on the photobucket, some times it's just not worth posting here. I will separate the photobucket into a Greater category and a Lesser category. So if you haven't checked out the photobucket yet, be sure to do so and grab the art that I have there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  30. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

WELCOME NEW HOES AND BROS TO THE FC

X

31. Sayaka Hanging by a Thread the Armless One

you never asked and besides yaoi fangirl inside me remember ~

32. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Toro, could you Spoiler the pics you post? They stretch the page :ruri

33. Vynjira

I still don't see my name on that member list...
    Seconded.

34. Toroxus CatBoy

I SEE LURKERS! JOIN US!

35. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

REIREI-CHAN. Read my spoiler :hehee.

36. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

@Vynjira Add you now :quite
    @Kelkel I read that spoiler :hehee.I lol'd :lmao
    Can't wait to see the arts you'll post here :ruri..
    But as Kels said use spoiler for that pic plz.
    OMG,this is going to be the official welcome banner :hehee
    I talked to you about this anime :pek.Anyway glad you watch it and join the FC :<3

37. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Read it again, I added a little something :lmao.

38. Toroxus CatBoy

Spoiler: Ep 6
    So anyways, this episode we actually did learn somethings that are important:
    1. Safu needs to die.
    2. No. 6 is the only city that is crazy. The other cities don't use those arm-band tracker things.
    3. Safu needs to die.
    4. Nezumi is trying to keep Sion from Safu, which instantly makes him a protagonist.
    5. Safu needs to die.
    6. No. 6 does something with the old people.
    7. Safu needs to die

But I have a few questions:
    1. Why did they arrest Safu and not the mother?
    2. Especially considering they are watching the mother be very calm about her son's supposed "death."
    3. Where did that Piano come from?

39. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

40. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

@Toroxus TRUFAX :lmao

wtf :rotfl :rotfl

41. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Just a little trollface to add effect

X

42. Toroxus CatBoy

I edited my comment with questions. :hmm

43. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

Spoiler: response to Toro
    But I have a few questions:
    1. Why did they arrest Safu and not the mother?

Because Safu said when she was sat on the bench "what is wrong with this town Shion?" Giving the motion of defiance against the city, instantly putting her on the hit list whilst Shion's mother has never really doubted the city beyond her own thought.

2. Especially considering they are watching the mother be very calm about her son's supposed "death."

Because people deal with grief in many different ways, she could of been "suppressing" her grief and trying to get by on her days or simply the fact she could look like shes acting in non-belief, she refuses to believe her son died. You can't really arrest someone because of their different reactions of grief.

3. Where did that Piano come from?

Hadnt it always been there?

44. Sayaka Hanging by a Thread the Armless One

you did i dont remember you did ~

yume got me into it because of her fanarts and sigs xD

45. Kelsey makoto tachiboner

lets me write you a little fanfic;

Nezumi and Shion stripped each other as quick as they could, their breaths clashing together with how close they were, tops piling on trousers, underwear piling on tops. Nezumi grabbed Shion and threw him onto the bed and licked his lips.
    and they fucked forever.
    the end.

46. Toroxus CatBoy

That's kinda awkward :zaru

47. Toroxus CatBoy

Spoiler: Work-safe

X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

Spoiler: Picture contains suggestive theme

X

You know Kelsey :hurr You'd be jealous of the wet-dream I had the other day involving Nezumi and Sion(me). :ichigo

Is there a "h" in Sion's name? I've seen it spelt both ways. :argh

48. ℛei ( ༎ຶ෴༎ຶ)♥(ㅎ_ㅎ )

@KelKel me gusta the idea of that fic.PM me the details :quite
    @Toro Awesome fanarts :ruri.I'll bring some arts too*I promise*
    And you told me about that dream :maybe

Found these icons :wtf

X X

49. Erendhyl <font color="red"><b>FC Ambassador</b></font>

[Misses the point completely] The mice are so cute! :ohpek

His name is pronounced "She-on" in Japanese, but some people romanize the first syllable as shi and some romanize it as si. I think it has to do with different systems for romanizing, since I've seen examples from other series where both of those transliterations crop up from the same syllable. In kana, the character occupying the position that should be "si" is generally pronounced as "shi" when spoken, which is where I think the difference comes from. I've occasionally seen the same problem with "tsu" versus "tu."

In Shion's case, I'm not sure if there's an official spelling to say which is "more correct." I tend to go with Shion though, since that's how it sounds when the characters say it.

50. Toroxus CatBoy

"Sheon" looks more kewl :distracted