1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Lion Vs. Tiger

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Emperor Time, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lina Inverse Lina Inverse Fanboy

2. fathertime Member

Lion killing croc?s
    -
    {Roman arena?s} ?Ken spiro? mentioned lion?s also fought giant crocidile?s an the lion won, due to crocidile?s being cold blooded, if the croc dosent dispose the lion in the first 8 minute?s it would most likely surcumb to over heating, which then the lion toy?s with the croc with great agility dissasembling him piece by piece, which there are many statue?s of lion?s killing crocidile?s in the town of Baglug which is in italy, near the coliseum.
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    Lion kills puma
    A Puma. One was killed by a male lion (Keller). His strike (one only) ended in immediate decapitation. Another was killed in a free for all (Simoneit) that lasted for 15 minutes. Happened during a performance in Budapest in 1960
    -
    Exploiting of big cat expert {John varty} who is (wiki?s source) who claim?s lion?s are inferior to tiger?s because of weak jaw power, which he stated? the lion has never in history craked open a turtle?s shell like the tiger, well? here?s another exploitation here?
    -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oibo8kjiwS0
    -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7CUBYknjWE
    -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2sMZa9KWBo
    -
    Huh! Some animal expert XD XD Awesome!!! I just got back from the store, got me a 20 packer of good oh "Budweiser"...
    *Twist* *Pop* *Jug Jug* hmmm ^_^ Nothing like a good oh, cold Brusky.

3. fathertime Member

All Yeah, that's dah one, no beer better than budweiser, an recently they came out with Bud light "Platinum" which has 6.0% alcohol in it WOW! That's alot XD...I love this F!@#$%^& song. I remeber this collage party I went to last year, we were all bass up, partying with some mainland girl's, this hottie that was dancing with me to this song...
    -
    X
    -
    She turned around an bend over...I imidiately un-button my over shirt an started whiping her "butt" with my shirt XD XD That was so much F!@#$% fun. I alway's pump this jam an yell my a$$ off, exspeacialy when the back ground music in this song say's...
    -
    ...*Diamond girl*...YES! YES!.....*Diamond girl*... DIAMOND'S! DIAMOND'S!
    -
    -
    XD XD XD
    -
    CHEER'S EVERBODY!!!

4. fathertime Member

Tiger's winning against lion's, basicaly can only pretain in captivity, circuses, sanctary's, reserve's an so fourth although , Yes. there are nomadic lion's that are rouge solitary, but they usally 80% of the time in coalition's. So survival wise, tiger's would do poorly in lion territory. Here's alibie's in how big pride's can grow to.
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    Again, there's no account that I'm aware, of a tiger killing a lion with a battle mane, which there is a keen discription the Roman empire marked on the lion's mane. Most scripture's presented, mention out of all the lion's "Male's" who have a battle mane, usally has little to no rival's of concern in the arena, no matter what type of animal they are pitted with. One lion scripture, mentioned in the arena so ferocious that, that single male lion had slayed over 200 human's in the gladitorial game's, that lion was named after one of the strongest an wises's emporer's name'd "Nero".
    Here's a few more picture's of lion's which is considered to be "Battle mane's" here...
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    -
    There is little expeculation's on if these lion's resemble Baerbary lion's of the roman arena's though recent study's found 9% out of all lion's on earth, have a small percentage of that bloodline of the barbary but when scientist have taken DNA smaple's the most of there geno matched with barbary lion's extracted from Barbary bones are very poor indeed not even having any heritage greater than 5 -10% Barbary left of so many crosses of african to asiatic in there gene's have left it conclusive an they concluded that they are less that atiscipated, but program's have been intiated to keep the barbary lion's geno in effect by crossing the best barbary canidate's with the most liniage of the legendary gladiator lion... "The Barbary lion"

5. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

Fathertime you are a legend mate. :rotfl.

6. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

I have no idea what just happened in this thread.

It would be lulz if most if not all were dead/fake links because I doubt anyone is going to wade through the enormity of those sources.

7. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

The ones I clicked are legit. :rotfl

8. fathertime Member

Yessah! I'm on my 9th beer, cheer's to everyone!!! XD
    -
    {Some good oh oldie's Jam'z here}
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    -
    Here's some major implimation's on stamina factor's comparison's, which showing lion's excell over tiger's.
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    More lion an tiger size comparison, showing that tiger's are averagely the same size of lion's.
    -
    X
    -
    Alot pf people have claimed that the God father of "Predator tame-ing" not by me, but by thousand's of professional's who stepped into the ring with any an every predator {Clyde Beatty} who fought a few wrongly accused animal crulty's that spawned out of his circus, which had other's who were the perpetrator's under the accusation's. Who Clyde beatty has seccsesfully tamed giant dog's, wolve's, leopard's, jaguar's, polar bear's, grizzley/kodiak bear's, hyena, tiger's an lion's is (Bia's) ?!? Hmmm??? I dont know, let's cover his life maintinence around tiger's, here's a man that has stated in over thousand's of article's mentioning himself, a few of his tiger's like Rajah, Sultan, Bobby, Princess was a few of many of his tiger's he adored more than anything in the world, who also mentioned a selective few that bullied a few of other circus's tiger's an lion's with brute power under his guidence, an named a few instances where in lion free for all's, his tiger's came out unscracted in what should have killed them, an who knocked a man out cold for miss-treating his tiger's badly, an was arrested multiple time's for tee-ing off on a man for beating his tiger's..... is biased???
    I dont think so. Here's a few picture's of Mr, Clyde beatty himself with his tiger's, you be the judge if you see that he dis like's them...
    -
    X
    -
    X
    -
    More detailed word's on an Clyde beatty, that has owned an trained both for more than 40 year's...
    This was Clyde beatty's usaul day's life poster ...
    X
    -
    Seem's almost impossble right??? Think again, that was his daily life which he loved all day every day, here's the flip side coin from fantasy poster's, to reality life style's...
    X
    -
    X
    -
    An this was his opinion...
    X
    -
    Not bad Clyde beatty... not bad at all. ^_^

9. Weiss RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

X

10. fathertime Member

Now the age old question, am I Bia's??? It would seem so, though you havent encountered as much lie's an fake's as I have, to present this quanity. I have seen both side's of lion's an tiger's fanatic's lie on thing's, that shouldent even matter so much an please... dont think that a person who know's fact's is a fanatic, a fanatic is a person who would tend to lie to favor his side of the debate, that has nothing to do with knowledge on the subect.
    -
    Because at the end of the day, the truth will alway's surface above the lie's... meaning you can put up a good front, that would even look like it has surpass my side of the debate, but would it really? I dont think so, I truly like to be honest in everything I present. If somthing is false an proven so by creditable resorce's an a good amount of quality an quanity dis-proving it ... please apoint it my way. I will never attempt to present it again. I will disguard it forever, being that I myself am only trying to seek the truth. An the more I dig up , the more historical artifact present's it's true color's.
    -
    But beside's that I have presented a not bad side of a debate for the lion side so far, I wouldent go ball's to the wall's an say that it is a garentee win/advantage, I my self would truley see this fight going 50/50 I know I have stated I would give levarge to the lion, but it has it's formailty in exactly what is the term's of that exact fight, being that most fight's to death in wild an in captivity are random.
    -
    Its the same way to enphinsize, that a white man on average can beat up a black man or vice versa? theres no way in telling whats the average amount would be. It only depends on individuality of the lion or tiger... like let's say, if you do find a canidate for the lion an for the tiger, like human's... even if the canidate for that speice's or race was it's highest rank, like "Chuck norris" representing a white man an
    "Mike tyson" representing a black man despite's who ever win's, every white man cant imulate what chuck norris level of martial art's is, as same goes with every black man cant dish out as much punishment as Mike tyson can, the same as every tiger wont have the eye of the tiger in his corner, just as every lion isint going to be Mufasa. You see they are basically astrinoical. If its 1 on 1 some how by natures standards, with out man intervention the only way cheetahs an leopards co-existed with lions an survived that long, is because they go by the golden rule, if confronted by a lion they run, A tiger is a very proud animal an although he might win a few fights hear an there, same if it was a lone lion winning against another lone lion, the tiger wouldlent fare to well in the same territory as lion's.
    -
    Animals dont live by the rule 1 on 1 its a human concept, they go by...
    {Only the strong survive}. Thats why threw evolution lion's grouped up to form prides in africa, because unlike the tiger?s area of habitat, they dont have 10s of thousands of herds that migrates yearly, which have high hatered for predators off springs, who kill cubs more than the other away around on migration terms. So prides were formed an has succsesfully taken down even the worlds mightiest an largest animal, the bull elphant, along with any and every other animal in africa an the world. Threw tactical battle like king leonidus used the hot gates as leverage in there superior fighting capabilities, same as lions do with there prides.
    -
    Tigers an lions co-exist in india, but asian?s have pretty much eradictaed all asiatic lions, to near extinctions threw poachings and a few religous reasons as well, giving the tiger a better success rate in survival amoungs lions.
    -
    I do really hope that by reading my past statement's, it hasent changed your love for either, becuase again I love both an to answer the question at the very beggining of my statement on this post... NO, I'm not bia's, it is purly on an educational level of past historical document's brung forth.

11. Calamity when it strikes you're out

No, you're definitely not Bia's-ed. :maybe

12. Chuck &#32

Tigers are bigger and can actually hunt for their food

13. steveht93 مين سمير ؟

You guys need to understand that mintality plays a role in the fight. The lion will win because tigers almost never pick a fight with another predator of the same size and caliber due to not wanting to suffer injure that might cost it it's life later. Lions don't have that problem because the femal lions usually do the hunting. Lion wins because tiger will eventually run away.

14. Garrus Vakarian Captain

Tiger is bigger,stronger,faster,smarter,

15. Weiss RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

Lion will tell his wife to bring him a tiger sammich :LOS

16. Mikaveli Head is the answer

I checked a fair amount and none were dead links,

17. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

People are still trying to argue? Lol this thread has been styled on already.

18. Calamity when it strikes you're out

This thread has already been owned...with style. :maybe

19. Uncle Phantom Fuck a custom title

cool. now you have about 150 legit sources and arguments to present us with before we will ever give a flying fuck about what you have to say on the topic.

20. Luftwaffles Banned

^This :pwned

21. Viper █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀

What just happened? Was that rape?

22. Tsukishima Lollipop sucker

23. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

Wait is this a joke? Or a horrible troll thread? I don't know what links you guys have clicked on but the vast majority are dead links, nonsensical, pictures and some completely unrelated. What the Jewish/Palestinian war has anything to do with this I have no idea.

It's common knowledge that tigers are superior in all areas and have more often than not bettered the lion.

Reliable source
    X

Tiger kills a lion with a single paw swipe.

24. Roronoa-zoro The Will of Moss

Siberian Tiger>>Lion>Bengal Tiger>Jaguar>Leopard>>Cheetah.

25. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

A Bengal would still devestate a lion. They can grow to similar sizes as the Siberian tiger. They are also much more agile, stronger bite, larger teeth and have a lot more stamina than your average lion.

26. jNdee~ MangSlayer

HAVE you been reading the thread or what???

If you scanned the thread, you'll know the correct answer.

27. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

Have you? Barring a few sources (note few) all the sources provided are bogus.

28. jNdee~ MangSlayer

The guy just gave his life doing it. Why can't we just give the lion the win :(

29. lucky Wants the Custom Title.

Huge lion mane >>> tiger claws.

Give a bald lion and it'll be better fight.

30. fathertime Member

To:Tashtin
    -
    Hmm. I do see a few that hasent gone threw, which I'm confuse... you said a "Vast majority" are bogus, I just was wondering if you are on a fan boyism rant. Because in order for it to have a "Majority", than more than half would have to be link's with nothing protaining to it. When out of the 160 link's or so, so far... I only noticed around 7 didnt go threw, not 81 which is above half... one wrong dash an that can happen, which I'll correct those an the one's you can present to me that you think are bogus.
    -
    Please, you have to present proof in your bigger formality, not just properganda weight's of 800 pound's are average, which there not. You need there average weight's tested in whatever reigon you select them from, not just finding 1 individual that reached that weight. Which I have already given a 20 year census, showing Siberian tiger's averaged no bigger than 500 pound's. What ever weight the tiger has acheived I have already matched, with individual lion's that flew pass the 700-800 pound range.
    -
    Are you referring to the jewish reinstated remnent's? It does mention in the Roman time's with it's exact wording's saying, lion's tore apart tiger's. That's a highly reliable source, there would be no formailty of Jewish people being Bia's, exactly why would they be? They were fed to the lion's, so I would think they would have a bit of hatred for the lion as well. Please, dont accuse me of brining something to the table you dont agree with, take it up with the people who di-siphered there culture's scripture's an see if they are leineint as Iam, so you should tell them they are fake's or Bia's an see what your outcome would be.
    -
    {Teeth?} Indeed, tiger's have a few centimeter's of longer fang's. But lion's ruteinly take down hippo's who have around a 5 inch tooth longer than tiger's, which would inply having a few centimeter's isint going to be anything of a difference. Harder bite? How can that be, I hope your not talking about the chart that said tiger's bite down 6,000 psi an lion's only 400, when scientist only until 2006 had constructed a device that allow's for accurate animal bite psi, done an pioneered by Scietist "Dr brady barr" who made the very first device himself, all other's were just sepculation's an assumption's on what they eat. The three hardest Bite's came from a Bull shark 900 psi, Hippo 2,800 psi an Crocidile 3,000 psi so dont tell me a tiger can bite 2x harder than a 17 foot salt water croc, recorded on "Dr brady barr's show", it show's a few on youtube. Though he did not test tiger's an lion's yet, so it is not concluded yet.
    This is Dr brady barr...
    -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDxe24ud90
    -
    You see that device in his hand, he made it in 2006 an only manifactured very few to pass out to his team an co-worker's. He also stated in a report, when animal's in there own speice's are tested, the animal within it's own speice's that has the larger skull/head will have the harder bite psi, an last time I checked african male lion's skull's are slightly bigger on average than tiger's, bengal or siberian. So by Brady barr's statment it would hint that the lion might have a harder bite. I did show lion's opening turtle's as well, so dont go quoting wiki, when in the video even lion cub's chomped open turtle shell's so John varty is B.S. who also stated his past generation family's had big game reserve's to shooting lion's in africa, which shine's like a rainbow that they dont like lion's. But no one know's who's has a harder bite psi...yet.
    -
    You also need to coliberate on speed, they are basically the same in running speed the tiger having a very slight gap of being a faster runner due to being a little longer, though not even by 5 mph. That's abserd to think that an olympic runner can beat a boxer in a fight just because he can out run him, which lead's me to the term
    "tiger's are boxer's", they dont punch they swipe it's just a metaphore, implimating they resemble human boxer's standing on 2 leg's... a Kangaroo is a better boxer than a tiger but can he kill a tiger? Nope.
    -
    Yet they fight in two different way's, the tiger fight's standing on 2 leg's which does what? it allow's tiger's to throw 2 to every 1 swipe the lion throw's, but by focusing on there balancing, there swipe output power diminsh's alot, due to there physiology an biology are not made to standing on 2 feet like chimp's an bear's without much fatigue. While lion's tend to fight in a three point stance, like a football player having the lion's bigger, broader, stronger an taller shoulder's aid there swipe's from a stance that funnel's all there power in one strike, there's a video on everland showing a much bigger tiger being shattered to the ground from a smaller male lion, due to the false crack haymaker's, deliver more power than throwing faster an more windmill's hope-ing to hit somthing, formailty of the tiger's.
    -
    An please present where tiger's have greater stamina? Please, no secondery site's, post the source of a scientist or animal expert that has trained an or studyed both saying that. Because I have given an abundent on the anatomy's that attribute to stamina, like bigger lung's, bigger heart's ratio's, more testoterone level's an other factor's protaining to stamina. It's all there just take your time an read them, I dought you read all of my post that fast...to make a poor conclusion such as your's, an not even presenting the back up to your claim's.
    -
    An to your link of the "Ankara" incident, which is basically the first thing that poped up when you decided to type in tiger kill's lion on google's search ingine if you were trolling or scavanging "maybe" I dont know an dont care.... I have done alot of digging up on that exact account. It's pretty funny, that there are 5 different storie's to that same account, 1 say's the tiger bend the {bar's} an mauled the lion, 1 say's the tiger found a hole in a {fence} an severed the lion's jugular, 1 say's the tiger {squeezed threw iron bar's} an tore aprat the lion, an on an on an on different story's about the same exact account. If you google Ankara zoo an look in the image's department, showing a chimp an or hippo, there's a man that took a few picture's of animal's on his visit, an his exact word's say there was only 3 lion's in Ankara zoo, 2 were female's an 1 a teen male. Again you can not hold a kill that highly... when you your self cannot present an provide a picture of that lion which a true account on a male would have to have a mane, other wise why bother with saying lion's. An to be more accurate the picture that had another man taking picture's of ankara zoo, say's the exact word's,
    {what if that lion was pregnant with cub's? That would have been a more tragic lost}
    -
    That in clean detail, is going exactly what I mentioned early on. I have listed female tiger's being killed as well but in term's of, it was intresting that a younger teen male or lioness took on a much bigger an older "Siberian tigress", yet the article's I presnted so far are very few that were female tiger's, which I can give you the name's of the male tiger's being killed along with the article. Which 80% account's out there, are of male tiger's killing female lion's... an the other 20% are not clarifyied if the lion was an adult male an had a formidble decent size mane. Here let me show you a few...
    -
    1.Male tiger killing {Female} lioness...
    X
    -
    2.Male tiger kill's {Female} lioness...
    X
    -
    3. Theba the male tiger kill's bouncie the {Female} lioness in circus, Page 166
    6.Staford's circus, Tiger kill's three lion's yet the artcile say's they were
    {only month's old}. an still people state it as 3 account's.
    7.In yamagata zoo, male tiger kill's {female} lioness
    8.Milan italy,nov.16 male tiger kill's circuss {female} lioness
    9.1945 Banglore zoo male tiger kill's {female} lioness
    10.Calucutta zoo male tiger kill's {female} lioness
    -
    You see, alot are of male tiger's killing female lion's, I Know of 40 account's that the tiger beat the lion but 80% of those 40 are of female lion's being killed, an the male's dont have to much detail in what status the lion was, when by memory I remebered 8 male lion's were under aged male's 1-2 year's old. Not 5-6, which would be acceptible as a contender, along with my account's are the oppisite an more of 80% male or female lion's killing male tiger's an 20% are of female tiger's being killed by lion's. All the account's I presented are creditable with there article's, though as soon as I upload it to a image shack or photo bucket site's, then google image's will pick it up so the url can be presented...unless you'd have to, so happen to come across the article yourself or read it in a book that google has, an take a picture of it then upload it. Which is pretty dang rare.

There's nothing you can present, that I dont already know of for the tiger's side. Un-like most people, they only study up on the one they favor. But me... I studyed both side's of the coin, why? Because I love them both. If you really wanna have a good debate with me, then present creditable data, I prefer the source an list them all at once, becuase it would just be a huge waste of time, if your only going to list them 1 at a time, which kinda look's like your just making thing's up as you go along the way, an not even sourcing your presenting's an please... dont say word's like every scientist know's, or every expert know's, or it's common knowledge everyone know's... then present them...other wise you'll just look ignorant. I only presented my data on a educational scale to teach those who wish to learn, but that's not what your doing, your revealing your self as a, grade "A" fanatic, which again knowing more on the subject dosent make you a fanatic, a person who tend's to lie's is a fanatic.
    -
    Pardon's but I'm just pointing out the obvious.
    -
    I dont think you lied on purpose, your just unbeknwonst of these event's, an are trying to defend the one you favor, which there's nothing wrong with that. Although this word is clee-shay all over deabiting site's an youtube, but "do your research" on the subject an find the whole truth, nothing but the truth so help you god XD XD "I kid, I kid"... But yeah, look on both side's for info, not just the one you favor.
    -

-
    Tootle's

31. Doommaker The Enigma

Give this dude his props, he's providing more sources for his argument than scientists do for their research papers. :quite

32. fathertime Member

Here's a few outside perspective's, of people like scientist/animal expert's an zoologist who were around the hectic lifstyle of circus's, mengerine's, zoo's, animal reserve's an sanqtuary's that held these 2 powerful rival's...
    -
    1. ?Mr. Bolton said that a friend of his saw, in the circus at Verona, a battle between a lion, and a tiger, a horse, and an ass. The tiger shewed symptoms of fear, and wished to decline the battle with the lion. He fought however at last with great fury; but, though he foiled the lion for a time by his alertness, soon yielded on close contact to the other?s matchless strength. The lion chiefly used his paw, with which he struck tremendous blows which ended his foe.?
    ~The Gentleman's Magazine
    -
    2.Although lions and tigers are anatomically virtually the same, male lions regularly fight to attain and maintain pride females?"I suspect that male lions on average would be more aggressive and persistent than male tigers, hence would prevail."
    ~Frank C. Mendel, professor of pathology and anatomical sciences at UB.
    -
    3.?When the safari spectators see a fight between the lion and the tiger cumulating they reveal a big interest. When the time comes the real image inside the safari is disappointing. To be how the lion is actually stronger.?
    ~Lee Yong Phil is a practiced lion & tiger keeper at the Everland Zoo, and on a interview on he clearly stated that Koreans who believe that the lion is no match for the tiger is living in a fairy tale. I been recently privileged to view the complete Everland videos and though evidently bias the tiger, the striped cat performed less than medicore.
    -
    4.The lion is not so powerful an animal as the tiger, but fights much better. A tiger will make his attack, and then retires; but a lion never retreats; he fights until he is killed.
    ~The Asiatic Journal and Monthly Miscellany
    -
    5.?Equal in size to the Lion, though generally inferior in strength, it wants not courage or ferocity to attack the king of beasts; a temerity which generally proves fatal.?
    ~The Volume of the World: Embracing the Geography, History, and Statistics, of the Nations of the... - Page 794
    -
    6.This animal is the scourge of Asia and the Indian Islands. Equal to the lion in stature, though generally inferior in strength, it generally falls a victim to its temerity in so doing, unless some disparity of age or other circumstance should bring the strength and power of the two animals to more of a level.
    ~A History of the earth and animated nature v.1 Pg 369
    -
    7.. ?Clyde Beatty was one of the world's most recognized animal trainers. Known mostly for his circus work, Beatty also worked in film with his cats. He was a practitioner of the "whip and chair" school of training. He thought that animals could only be taught through fear. During the filming of a fight between a lion and a tiger for the movie The Big Cage, Beatty threw ammonia in the tiger's face so the animal would look angry on film. The cat was so enraged it fiercely attacked the lion, and the lion in turn killed the tiger.?
    ~ Cynthia Boris 1999,
    -
    8.After this we came to the memorable lion and tiger fight which was supposed to settle the aged controversial question, "which is the better fighter, the lion or the tiger?" The idea of a fight to the death between a lion and a tiger fascinates almost anybody who has any red blood in him. Here are the two most unsociable brutes of the jungle, both treacherous, wary, cunning and ferocious. Darwin and some others thought the lion's mane was intended as an armor for its blood vessels during a fight, rather than as a sexual adornment, which is the contention of a few. This mane the tiger misses. On the other hand the tiger is an individualist, not given to ganging as the lion is. The tiger is therefore nearer to being self-dependent. In my experience, the lion has shown himself somewhat superior to the tiger in fighting, yet it would not be safe to say that the lion can always whip the tiger, for sometimes it comes out the other way. Sometimes the tiger holds off three or four lions and leaves the cage unharmed. Which people mistake a lion has to be a direct family member to pitch in on a fellow lion, most circuses free for all's tragically have the tiger's panic thinking all lion's are against him when starting most conflicts, not knowing its every lion for himself as well.
    ~Jungle performers, 1941
    -
    9.?He said he would watch the killer lion very close from now on, but indicated he felt there was nothing too unusual about the fight. "The biggest expense I have is tigers killed by lions.? he said. "They are natural enemies ? but then, that makes the show better." He said lions had killed "probably 50" tigers in the years he has been working with the big jungle cats.?
    ~ Clyde beatty interview.
    -
    10.?A tiger is supposed to win a fight with a lion. But it took a rifle bullet to do it at San Francisco's Fleishhacker Zoo. Zoo' director Carey Baldwin told the story Wednesday. Two lions were being transferred to other cages through the tiger grotto Sunday. Tuffy, a 12-year-old lion, somehow opened the- door to the grotto and attacked Nicholas, a 6-year-o1d Siberian tiger. Riflemen came running when zoo keeper Alec Weiss sounded the alarm. The lion had an apparent death grip on the tiger's neck. Carroll Soo-Hoo, principal benefactor of the zoo, took one look and killed the lion. The tiger was worth $3,500, the lion $100. Catherine, the tiger at the zoo, cowered in a corner during the fight.?
    ~San Francisco (AP)
    -
    11.Here's an account I mentioned but with better detail's...?LION KILLS TIGER WITH ONE BLOW. Curiosity killed the cat today at the Baltimore zoo?the cat in this case being a $1,200 5 year-old tiger. The tiger got into a between-the bars tangled with a lion and the lion ripped a gash in the tiger's leg. The tiger was found dead in its cage today. Fifty stitches had been taken in the tiger's foreleg after the brawl. Tuesday he was put under anesthesia to make him sleep. But this plus penicillin and other medicines couldn't save him. Death was blamed on pulmonary thrombosis, Zoo Director Arthur Watson said the tiger stuck his paw over a metal guard into the lion's cage in a gesture of curiosity. A male lion did the rest.?
    Baltimore (AP) ?Zoo Battle Results In Tiger?s Death? 1954
    -

33. fathertime Member

I found a cool one, that although not in english, which you can use google translate to translate it, if you have time. It's in our era obviously an a little "toonish", but it look's as if they are covering the basic formality an attribute's of these 2 rival's. Look's not bad, an a little cool... at-least for fighting standard's here...
    -
    X

34. Nighty I swim in outer space Moderator

35. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

All the excerpts provided have no source so cannot be deemed as proof of the lions dominance. Why you posted pictures and drawings I will never know.

2 good sources

Again same problem. Irrelevant links. Links that don't work (for me at least). Pictures. Why do you post picture? There's one picture of a candle.

Comparing roars? How they are portrayed by cultures? Chinese new year? What has this got to do with the bout? More pictures :facepalm

1 good source

Posting rare 800 pound lion when Siberian tigers have been known to reach upwards of 1000 pounds. You would be hard put to find any weighing less than 800. Mostly redundant post.

Blogs aren't considered a reliable source and the one that you did provide actually favours the tiger. Impact of the Jewish on the world wut?

Hard to follow what you were trying to get at so ignored

Irrelevant post. Your main argument seems to be for the mane of the lion which makes no difference as the tiger has the more powerful bite. Again bengals have been known to hunt and kill black bears. The stats will always favour the tiger cos its been validated by research.

Excerpts without sources, the one link provided did not work for me.

Link for a resort? The YouTube video of two lion cubs killing a tiger was actually a leopard, not sure it's dead. The other links are irrelevant.

Source provided favours the tiger (though it was fighting against a lioness). Picture provided have at least some use with the comparisons but they're relative to what? To me the tiger seems the longer with the lion seeming bigger due to the mane. The rest are irrelevant pictures of lions. You really love 'em lol.

Musical videos? WTF

Lion profiles. More lion profiles. Information that is common knowledge.

Picture size comparison again - from which you are unable to discern anything.

I may have missed a few posts but they're all pretty much repeats of images and blogs. They're not a credible source mate.

I'm not biased towards the tiger, I couldn't give a shit.

36. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

Last thing I'll say on the subject and then I'll fuck right off.

Most of the arguments provided are conjecture and hearsay and count for next to little. All we can go on are the facts.

Tigers on average are bigger than the lion but the size difference is negligible. On average they're 50 pounds heavier.

Many people think that the lion is stronger than the tiger because they appear to be more muscular. But the fact is, tigers are actually more muscular, their muscles are sometimes harder to see because of longer fur and vertical stripes. The tiger is more similar in build to the jaguar than the lion, and the jaguar is the world's strongest cat (compared to its own size.)

The tiger has a wider skull, and the lion's is longer. AAnimals with wider skulls have a stronger bite, because the force of the bite is concentrated more on one area, instead of being spread out over a length. The tiger's canines are also a bit longer than the lion's.

Lions have the more powerful paw swipe but the tiger is able to deliver a faster flurry (as apposed to the lions single swipe) and is more balanced due to having stronger hind legs.

Tigers are more accurate when they strike, and they are also better at dodging opponent's blows. Note that a lion's mane slows it down during a fight, which is why the agility and evasiveness are the tiger's advantages.

Tigers seem to use a bit more 'skill' in fighting, for example, keeping their heads back while battling. Lions have been known to blindly charge into battle; it's just the way they fight each other

Tl;dr

Tigers have stronger bites
    Tigers are more agile
    Tigers are stronger (hunting bears and the biggest cattle the guar)
    Tigers are slightly bigger
    Tigers have slightly bigger teeth
    Tigers are more battle hardened. Lions fight to protect territory/ show dominance and the fights are few and far in between. Tigers fight on a daily basis due to shrinking a habitat.

@fathertime I'll grant you that tigers would back down when confronted with a lion but that does not mean its a coward it just chooses avoid an unnescessory fight. Within the Bengal tiger scientists found a most disturbing ferocity, and when it comes to the decision to fight, the tiger attacks bravely and violently, most often winning any fight against a lion.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  37. jetwaterluffy1 Active Member

Bloodlust is automatically on in all OBD matches. So mentality plays no role whatsoever. I'd just like to say that.

38. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Put fathertime in a cage with a Lion and a Tiger.

I know who would win.

39. Weiss RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU

:hmm tashtin = Octahedral #2 ?

40. Waking Dreamer Dreamer King

I was going to say something like this. The skeletal structure of lion is actually slightly taller than a tigers. However the bones of a tiger is more robust and denser. This is because the musculature of a tiger is actually larger than that of the lions. Its bones and structure is actually closest to a jaguar which I believe has pound for pound the strongest bite force.

The reason for this can be accounted for because tigers hunt solo and need every once of power to bring down prey on their own. They cant rely on another bigcat to jump in and help.

I have read this too. Tigers tend to "box" in a catfight whereas lions will more likely try to pounce and wrestle the other animal down.

[YOUTUBE]t9lzdQ59etI[/YOUTUBE]

41. Tsukishima Lollipop sucker

Who dares to challenge the great Fathertime? :argh

42. jNdee~ MangSlayer

Fathertime is baws

43. Tsukishima Lollipop sucker

Still waiting for someone to make a Fathertime FC. :pek

44. fathertime Member

The Picture's? Dude have some respect! There not picture's, there {Historcal artifact's}, you know... thing's that are from a 50-800 year's old?!? Almost half have there back story attached on how the artifact came to be, or is it you wanna eliminate the middle man an take it upoun your self to not even bother to look up the back story?
    -
    All the expert's havent there source? I gave there name, did you bother to do the other half at-least, an look who they are? No, that would imply you are a wizard at speed reading, I wouldent list them if I didnt see there statement's with my own eye's but if you wish not to belive, than you know you dont have to right?
    -
    For a person the link's dont work for, your explaining there story pretty well?
    -
    Chinese new year? Indeed, I know for a fact very few lion's have already been imported to singapore at-least by the 1400's threw ship's of trader's. Which again take it up with "them" there cultural belief's, which I'm only presenting as {you say} what is common knowledge to chinese folklore an history. An the topic doesnt specify what lion vs tiger protain's to, so I'm listing thing's they excell over the other in, an evidently the lion's roar, is superior. Along with your so call 1,000's pounder's, I can present a picture of a chiwawa an say he's a 1,000 pound's but does the scientific data or creditable resource as in circus or sanqtuary's confirm that? I dont know, you tell me, which mine's do. It is rutine to check animal's weight's an health in organization's such as zoo's mengerine's an circus'es, although your thousand pounder's are from poacher's, who they just hunt for bragging right's, it would be a no brainer that they would throw in a few hundred pound's, ecspeacially when, when's the last time you seen a hunter or poacher carrying a weight scale device which is heavy an big enough to weigh somthing a 1,000 pound's on hand, I'm not saying it's impossible, though some clarfication's would be nice, an here's your chance... if you think they average a 1,000 pound's then show me a 1,000 of them, honestly...that wouldent be so hard if you claim they {average} those heavy weight's, when I already showed siberian tiger's in a 20 year "census" they "average" no bigger than 500 pound's.
    -
    If the picture's I showed have tiger's "averagly"are roughly the same size, then where does your {they are alway's bigger} formality come in? It seem's you just want to over exaggerate they are like polar bear size's, when even they were brought down by single lion's.
    -
    Impact on the Jewish? I dont read tiger's tore apart lion's, it say's the oppossite, it's almost at the bottom of the site, check again dude, If I can see it, you should be able to.
    -
    Again you just saying it's been proven, that tiger's have a harder bite? Where? an Black bear's dont have mane's, along with later I'll find me old data of black bear's that killed bigger tiger's in circuses, which to be honest is pretty abundent with. Beside's I presented around 8 account's of lion's killing brown an polar bear's, you know... the bear's that can grow 2x bigger than the world's biggest black bear? Which would imply, you do know there's an account in alfred court's circus, of 2 adult tiger's ganging up on a polar bear, an the polar bear still fought off 2 of them injuring both tiger's, when only 1 lion has been needed an has already killed a few polar bear's 1 on 1 which I've already stated, that show's incredible fighting capabilitie's of who's superior. I myself would give the lattar to a polar bear but with that many account's it show's an prove's that they wernt only by luck or chance. Along with with bone density, which I thought I presented dident I? I presented scientist finding that lion's have the exact same ratio's of bone density of alskan brown bear's, along with less marrow in the inner bone wall's for maintaining output power an increasing acrbatical high speed movement's. An dude, boxing formalty's are only metaphore's.
    -
    The link with the 2 lion's killing a tiger is actually a leopard? For that comment, all I have to say is XD XD Okay dude, then that's your opinon a leopard is 2x bigger than both those lion's put together.
    -
    An please, the thing's I dont like listing my self are repeat's, you said they are mosltly repeat's, other than the one's "I said" I repeated, which one's are the exact same one's?
    -
    An music video's? Of course, what is this, some kind of... I have to be dead serious about? It's a topic that I want to share my knowledge on. An I dont see anything wrong with having fun at the same time. Does anyone else feel that way, please anyone else, am I bothering you with my selective music?
    -
    Are you claiming that siberian tiger's have more muscle than african lion's? Whoa! That's a bold statement, coming from a guy that hasnt an ounce of evidence to back that claim up. But I do...In the animal research book named "Mammal's of the soviet" scientist has taken body fat percentage's of african lion's an siberian tiger's showing a tiger had 30% body fat, while a pregnat female lion had only 16% body fat. It is only evident that, that would make sense, why? Because of there habbitat's, a tiger has to store fat/bulk to survive harsh blizzard winter's, albiet every narrirator of national geographic's channel threw out there air-ing time, has stated under guidence of the scientist study's, tiger's an brown bear's tend to feed more in winter quarter's an store an accumilate of "Fat" an bulk for the winter, the narrirator dosent say they are trying to accumilate muscle for the winter, which would do them little good in freezing temputure's, when you know like seal's, walrus's, whale's? All have high concentration's of blubber="Fat" to survive an cope with below minus 0 degree's weather's not muscle.
    -
    Tiger's are more accurate striker's?...I call B.S, everland video's of even when the tiger had an advantage on a juvinile male lion, the tiger threw 6 swipe's an only 2 landed, are you familar with real boxing? The person who throw's more punche's usally gasses them selve's out faster, exspecially when only 4/6 didnt even land, which again, via mane, which absorb's the blow's to a greater degree. Implamenting I'd rather fight mike tyson with a head gear on, than take a flush left hook from Iron mike. Tiger's are panic-ed fighter's, said so by Mabel stark's, who worked with tiger's for over 50 year's, who claim's tiger's strike out of fear not dignity an in most animal predation's are well explosive fighter's, though they gas them selve's out which is evident in most fight's with lion's, an again you bring no alibied proof, only hear say.
    -
    Dude, blindingly? Really, there eye's are open an are tactical fighter's, your head going back formailty, would leave him more suitably vulnerable from a lion's straight lunge.
    -
    So here's your conclusion?
    - - -
    Tigers have stronger bites={Not proven, lion's head's are also wider in most cases.}
    Tigers are more agile={Perhap's though is it whole speicie's or indivdual wise?}
    Tigers are stronger (hunting bears and the biggest cattle the guar){Guar's<Hippo's}
    Tigers are slightly {Proven on what scale an graph of what reigon's?}
    Tigers have slightly bigger teeth {A few centimeter's}
    Tigers are more battle hardened. Lions fight to protect territory/ show dominance and the fights are few and far in between. Tigers fight on a daily basis due to shrinking a habitat
    -
    {Tiger's fight more?}
    -
    Now, to that^^^. Please tell me, you know how to do math right? Now, let's keep it simple, okay so a hypothtical situation...
    A bus harbor's 2 pissed off indivdual's eyeing each other out ready for a scrap=which represent's 2 tiger's encountering each other in the wild of a territorial clash. Now, what's the ratio count of those 2 people fighting on the bus? 1 an this is per every 6 month's, of a probabilty of encountering another tiger for a fight.
    --
    Now that same bus hold's 10 pissed off people= which 10 represent's a pride of lion's which are in the wild fighting for rank, of who eat's first, who has the mating right's an fighting off nomadic male's an other pride's as well so let's count them..
    -
    -[Fighting for food]= Which is every 3 day's to 2 week's they make a kill So...
    {1 fight per 2 weeks} of ("mutiple") lion's.
    -
    -[Mate-ing right's]= Average lion pride's 2-4 adult male's, fight for who mate's with over 10 female's which is every 3-6 month's a fight for dominace over there mate's an again of {multiple lion's 2-4}
    -
    -[Nomadic an pride rival's] Clashe's of nomadic male's just like the tiger for territory, every 3-6 month's an again with {multple lion's} Same goes with pride clashes, which are an even greater magnitude, of single fight account's.
    -
    -
    Okay, so now let's cover those ratio's, of who has a higher head count of fight's per year...
    -
    The tiger 1-3= fight probabilty's per year.
    The lion 10-30= fight probabilty's per year.
    -
    This ^^^ is the stastistic's of respectable zoologist, who study's both, the magnitude of account's are far beyound the probabiltie's of the estimation they both lion an tiger go threw per year, having lion's as pretty much known by all,...even you know... that lion's are the more practiced fighter's, due to living in pride's. That's basic math dude.
    -
    As "you" said quoting...
    Last thing I'll say on the subject and then I'll f*** right off.
    -
    You dont need to treat this thread. as a say one last thing an have a ditch effort, by all mean's it's a learning process, you have to be confronted to learn anything at all, on the subject. Now, for your thinking I said tiger's were coward's??? Where did, I myself say that? I would never call a warrior such as the tiger a coward, he deserve's more respect than that, I have listed other expert's calling there trait's of a true cat's nature are akin of the slinking, cunning-ness an sneaky-ness of the cat mammlia family, mostly resemble's a trait of a ambush predator, instead of a animal that greet's fighting ruteinly as do lion's. Again they have called the tiger a coward, not me. An to you only clinging to the size formailty, I'll post a majority next time around, of bengal tiger's killing there over exaggerated bigger cousin's, the Siberian tiger in zoo's an circus accident's more than vice versa.
    -
    Please, you presented around 1/250th's of source's on subject compared to mine, of real creditable data alibing those catagorie's subject, brung forth. So to get any more reply's directly from me to you, then present source's of your claim's any source at all, a site, a forum, a scientist, a animal trainer of both, even a name, anything beside's just what you assume, because that dosent deserve an audiance of just chaning my word's around an claiming they are false, with out even a shred of evidence that dis-prove's them.

45. Calamity when it strikes you're out

Nobody messes with Fathertime. NOBODY!

EDIT: Does anyone think Fathertime and Emperor Time are related? :maybe

46. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

And? The pictures have no relevancy to this thread or it's outcome. No need to post them.

It's upto you to provide all relevant data, which you failed to do. And how the fuck am I supposed to look up specific quote from emperor what-his-face and his ilk
    -
    Never did.
    -
    Siberians in excess of 800 pounds. X

Also you should not take measurements taken in captivity as proof since they do not correspond with lions/ tigers In the wild. Well fed and looked after and all that jazz
    -
    You must be trolling if you think a lion is taking down a polar bear :facepalm don't listen to all hearsay mate.
    -
    Look closer, see spots on skin. Leopard.
    Say they are lion cubs. Question why leopard is twice the size :facepalm.

Apologies, I thought it was another attempt at befuddling everyone. Besides they were awful :hurr
    -
    That's all I bothered reading - I'm assuming the rest is just mindless jibber.

That fact is you didn't post any credible facts or sources to back up you're claims. One has to simply type tiger vs lion on google and you will be inundated with facts and figures showing why the tiger is superior. Along with "accounts" of tiger destroying lions.

47. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

Now to back up my claims. I don't claim (unlike you) that any of the information is solid proof of the tigers dominance. It is most likely that on any given day a lion would best a tiger and vice versa. But the facts and figures point that the tiger would take it more often than not.

Link detailing a Siberians measurements.

X

Side to side comparisons of a lion and a tiger

X

Wiki source that details backs almost everything that I've said. With accounts and testimonies from experts

X

Experts opinion on the tiger vs lion debate

X

More facts and figures along with tons of testimonies and accounts.

X

The last link might not work as I posted from a mobile and I think the address is slightly different. Not sure.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  48. tashtin Pirate Exterminator

And now I'm truly done. Not because I think I'm wrong but I have a feeling your one of those posters that will endlessly drone on opposing all substantial proof.

Tootles.

49. fathertime Member

Dude are you intimidated by me or somthing? Why are you insiting in quoting every other sentence of mine? Is it because you want to act as if your presenting as much as I have, by filling a whole page of nothing on the subject? Stop quoting every sentence to make your debate look longer an just remember what I said an reply to it. So everyone can see actualy how little your presenting that protain's to the debate. Here let me show you what your doing...
    -
    My#1 post I presen 1
    -
    Your#1post you present 0
    Your#2 post you present 0
    Your#3 post you present 0
    Your 100th's more to come 0
    -
    You catch my drift, as your on going of 0 an 0 an 0 accumilation's still cant beat just my 1. Which your presenting's are of false data, random data, an uber poor credabilty to them.
    -
    Now I'm glad you made your way to yuku's forum. Which I admire there love for the tiger as well. But let me pick apart your so call 1,000 pounder's. of this site...
    X
    -
    Do you see the part that say's 900+ {+} or the sign by the 1,000? {?} or how about the diagram that has a tiger being comapred with a totally different picture that has a {distance effect} or why didnt you mention the graph that say's {Uncomfirmed}? Uh huh, not checking the source again. I've been a part of those estimation's given, an from what nutreul people give there estimate's of those {rare} size's not average tiger's at 600-800 you have guy's like [P.tigris] who claim's that they are 900-1,000, When a guy named [Bold champ] ask's the tiger mod for yuku's site, where was the source of there weight's given, the tiger mod stated they are estimation's. The same person [P.tigris] has an account on youtube who edited the gir video fight, claiming that it was 6 lion's vs 1 tiger. When confronted of the video showing it was 3 vs 3 than, instead of taking his video down as asked by others', he leave's it on, to taint as much people as he can with lie's, with what has already been exploited with. Also faked another one having a picture of a lion on an operating table on youtube saying on the bottom screen, that the lion was killed by a tiger, yet with poor grammar it was dugged up on... an eventually someone presented the exact account, that lion was getting surgery because a fight with another lion injurying his eye, which the lion is still alive today. An even the everland article of Cameron the lion an zambu the white female tiger, which say's that lion was new to that reserve an the tiger killed the lion by grabbing his throat, when in-fact, cameron the lion came in with zambu the tiger as cub's, an were there way before 2 year's evidently, when the picture say's cameron was new by 2009 when google image's has cameron an the date on it say's 2005, who also I showed the link in my past post that show's everland's phone number an email which was confirmed cameron the lion is still alive today. XD That's fanatic's for you.
    -
    You see, mine's are from zoologist of a 20 year census, there sole reason is to study the tiger's, they tranq them an gather data on there biology, physiology, anatomy an weigh them, unlike your's who they already admitted they were mere estimation's.
    -
    Now on your other site's... tell me exactly what would a person confirming that a tiger is a tad bit longer, have anything to do with garentee-ing him a win a fight? Or your other site of all expert's .com, of which I an many other's tryed to present data on that site an none had ever gone threw because of being moderated, he apperantly is only excepting source's that only favor the tiger, you know like your {Wiki} who has poor account's on the tiger's side like the 37,000 ruppe account, where he claimed the tiger tore apart an killed the lion, when that exact article was a exploited by a person named [leofwin], who had the original article, showing that it was only a fight that had the tiger get the better score card, an the lion didnt even die, which he presented it on animal vs animal .com. Or how about the ankara incident which even wiki has the wrong data, saying it happened in 2011, when in fact it was in september 4th 2010. Yup, wiki sounding real reliable, even stating no lion in history has ever killed a tiger in captivety, yet there are hundred's at hand. Hmmm sound's alittle bia's to me, why not present just 1, I dont know...maybe because he dosent like lion's, I truley dont know.
    -
    An why bother replying to me, with ignorant presenting's like you've even read all I have presented? Why did you present jackjacksonj site, when in my past post I already exploited him on his own site an even on this site, do I hear every statment your making are B.S? It would seem so.
    -
    An you say I'm trolling, because I belive a lion could kill a polar bear? Dude I presented the article's on the first page of the actual account's, what more would be needed? An you telling me that I shouldent post picture's what, the Historical document's, those? Why not, is it because like these poor resource's you've been presenting an I exploited like wiki's expert's [John varty], who I presented lion's doing somthing he say's they cant... an you dont want me to present the historical artifact's because I dont know... maybe becuase "you" cant? Dispite I know for a fact your just scavaging the first thing you see an dash back, without even sourcing them for credabilty, or even noticing that I myself have already mentioned them an gave full detail in what exactly I exploited in them.
    -
    Yup your showing your true color's dude, an I must say I'm not to impressed. No matter how much you try to conseal the truth, the truth will alway's rise above the lie's. Hense the lion has his title, King of the animal kingdom, King of the jungle, King of the beast. Not crowned just last year, but for hundred's an hundred's of year's an not just by one nationalty or culture but by majority of the entire planet, what's that mean, that pretty much every race of people for who know's maybe more than a thousand year's have given the title King to the lion... are they all Bia's? I'll leave that debate up to everyone else, because knowing you, you'll probably say they were.
    -
    Nice try though.
    -
    --Vaya con diyo's--

50. Im The Evil Mastermind Bipolar Undead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.