1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW, Mirror, SOTW Mirror
  3. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  4. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Lion vs. Anaconda

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by blaster, Jan 16, 2006.

lion vs. anaconda

1. anaconda

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. lion

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. blaster Member

lion is said to be the "king of the jungle" but if a giant anaconda who has more than 8 or 9 ft length according to the movie itself.i was wondering if the anaconda can easily coil and swallow the wild lion.

2. vanh whatever

Anacoda for the win. it's freaking me out to mention the name.

3. martryn Dick in hand

It'd be close and depends on how close they are to each other when the fight starts, where they'd be battling, and stuff like that. If the lion can get a bite on the anaconda he could well break its spine before the anaconda could retaliate too much.

4. tri-sapphire The Hunter

Depends on where the fight takes place. Unlike in the movies, real anacondas have a very hard time moving on land.

If it's in the water (like in the middle of a river, or swamp), I'd give it to the anaconda. On land, a lion would win with no trouble at all.

5. HugeGuy ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

According to my encyclopedia, anaconda may grow up to 10m in length. So, I'm rooting for anaconda even if he can't shallow the whole lion.

6. Sunuvmann of the Rebellion

I dont know if an Anaconda would be fast enough to be able to strangle the lion before Lion would bite into the anaconda and claw him.

Andaconda could break a bone in time but not before the lion would shred the Anaconda.

V. to the Lion

7. pnoypridz Member

wat he said, and anaconda can grow up to 18 feet (National Georgraphic was watching it yesterday :nuts )

8. CrazyMoronX Old Man

On land, the lion would win, in water the anaconda would win, easily.

I don't think lions are very fast in the water, land is more their thing. It would bite the snakes throat and rip it out before the snake could do much of anything, watch that tiger vs croc fight, that'll show you what would likely happen.

In the water, the anaconda would be very fast, and get a strangle hold easily on the lion, and kill it.

9. Chamcham Trigger 21 boom stick salute Advisor

Well since this is a duel, I say the Lion. The anaconda wouldn't be able to sneak up on it, but if Ice Cube's there, then I say they double team on him, then the lion takes them both out while the anaconda's got him in its coil

10. Orotachi Swiper no Swiping!!!

i don't even think that the anaconda would swallow a cow cause i see(on the zoo) that lion's body is almost bigger than a cow(but not that fat)

11. Fenix Pie Vendor

I really dont understand all these animal vs. threads that have been coming out lately o_O

I say the Lion.....

12. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Where can I see this?

Have you seen the pic of the python swallowing the alligator and exploding? Good stuff...apparently a snake can beat an alligator if it gets to it first.

A lion with a mane(I believe only males have them) could beat an Anaconda because it prevents them from being bitten in the neck, but a female would probably go down.

We had them a while ago but stopped after a while.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006