1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Celebrate our first Xenforo anniversary and join the forum lottery here
  4. Check out "Peerless", by our very own Shrooms!

Liar Game

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Tazmo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Malvingt2 The Normal Maniac

I missed you so much Liar Game. I can't wait for what is next in this round.

2. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/171/1

3. skuka get in the robot shinji

I'm so happy there is a thread about this amazing manga. It really reminds me of Death Note. I hope it one day gets turned into an anime! I wish I had started reading it once it was completed though, waiting for new chapters is so bad. :cry

4. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

That ain't so bad with this manga. The weekly pauses actually gives you time to think about the game and its tricks, go back to read the previous chapters again and try to understand the schemes the characters are coming up with. I myself though already gave up on trying to find the winning strategy / trick a long time ago, because I could never get it right.

5. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

It probably won't get turned into anime, since there is already a live drama show for it. You know.. With real life actors and shit.

You think waiting a week for chapters is bad? :urouge
    Well than I have a news for you, the manga just returned from a year long hiatus (not the first one too) so be glad you started reading it now

6. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/235749/liar-game_ch171_by_tdx

7. Malvingt2 The Normal Maniac

8. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

It would be so awesome if Yokoya somehow arranged it so he will end up in the same team as Kanzaki and Akiyama, just so he can back stab them and fuck up with them.

9. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/172/1 (http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/172/1)

10. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/237275/liar-game_ch172_by_tdx

Damn this thread is dead.

11. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Yeah well, I would love to discuss the manga, but the new game barely started XD

I have little idea how this auction game would play out. I think Yokoya most probably will convince a lot of players that he knows what will happen next and all, so that everyone will want to be in his team. He will also point out that the first to be in his team will also benefit from the next 2 auctions, since there will be a 3rd and a 4th auction for him. This means their financial loss will be the least (50m in the best case scenario). I expect nothing less than a 300 million bid on Yokoya in the first round.

Kanzaki will probably try to convince everyone from any bidding at all (but there will be bidding for Yokoya, so this is not going to work) or try to make them form many groups of 2 and 3 people, so that not one 4 man group will exist even after 5 bidding rounds.

And since Akiyama is the last lot, he will take a different course. He will probably also try to downplay Yokoya by saying he doesn't know a thing, because otherwise he would have wanted to be the last lot instead with strategic advantages.

Man, this is complicated stuff (>.<)

12. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

There is one thing I don't understand about the first round. It should be pretty clear that everyone is aiming to get Yokoya on his team. But than why didn't anyone bet on the singer, Kashiki? If you want to get Yokoya, who is going third, your best chance would be to get another player even before his actual turn, so you can easily outbid the others, since bids from players on one team are counted together.

13. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Probably because Kashiki is so full of himself, there would be no guarantee that he would cooperate with splitting the bidding costs of 310m to bid on Yokoya. In fact, there's a fair chance he doesn't even want to be in Yokoya's team because he sees himself as someone more important.

14. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

Well yeah, probably something among those lines. But for the sole purpose of getting Yokoya on your team, it would still be most advantageous to get him for like 1 yen and deal with persuading him afterwards.
    It could also be, that the other players were just waiting for him to make some kind of proposition and since he didn't they did not bid.
    Or maybe they just don't expect such high bids as us.

Btw I just can't figure out the way to save everyone. It wasn't stated what will happen if teams of four won't be created after 5 rounds so you can hardly call that a way.
    The only way I could find out to do this is for the team which will win to give 600 to the four losers. That way, no one will win anything and no one will lose anything.

15. Malvingt2 The Normal Maniac

Good chapter. I am going to love this round.

16. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/173/1 (http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/173/1)

17. Garfield ​⁠​

:apathy That's the only emotion I can manage for this chapter. It was just completely meh. No new information to speak of at all. Kinda shame considering there was a longer wait for it.

18. Wolfgang Grimmer Magnificent Steiner

that's not something fukunaga would say. it's a trap I'm calling it.

19. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

You think so? If anything, this would make Nao even more determined, so I don't see how this could a trap (unless you meant Fukunaga with "trap".....). I actually think it would be in-character for Fukunaga to say all that after all his time spent with Nao.

20. Wolfgang Grimmer Magnificent Steiner

well fukunaga is really impressed about nao that much is true but he also knows that she's naive. not even once did he ever stopped doubting people.

21. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

I think Nao has come a long way and is far less naive/apathic than she was at the start of the manga, and I bet Fukunaga knows that too. People can actually rely on her now.

But still, your prediction has some merit too and it would be interesting to see how Akiyama turns the tables on this trap. It would be far too easy (and boring story-wise) for Nao to make her plans come true like this. If Yokoya prepared this trap for Nao, then even he has high regards for her.

22. Wolfgang Grimmer Magnificent Steiner

what was really suspicious to me was that at the start of the bid poker game fukunaga was still his usual arrogant self. not even akiyama had that fast change of heart.

23. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

For quite some time now, Fukunaga's usual arrogant self was just a face that she put on, just trying to act tough, but if you think about her/his actions, her character development even up to this point makes sense.
    It was clear that she believed in Nao for quite some time, which is pretty bizarre for a person she was in the past. So it's not too far fetched that she would also reflect on her own actions in the past and felt the need to redeem herself with something like this.

If anything, I would say that her character development was a bit rushed, like she made a jump from believing in Nao to such a heroic action, but the direction is correct, it was bound to end up with her doing something like this.

24. Keishin Well-Known Member

Well, well, well... What do we have here...

25. rajin Looking for a translator

http://raw.senmanga.com/Liar-Game/174/1

26. Malvingt2 The Normal Maniac

27. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

Ha I really like the way this auction is going so far

28. Starburst~ Member

Looks like a pretty cool game. Not sure how I feel about yokoya having insider info. Meh, I guess the author had to give him something to compete with akiyama and nao.

29. Kevintju One Piece Rocks!

I think he read notes written by Akiyama himself, notes gathered when Akiyama brought down a similar corporation. These notes are actually a trap to make sure Yokoya is staying in the game and also at the same time to give him a false sense of superiority.

If this is true, then Akiyama will only have to falsify 1 tiny bit of info to give him the edge in the end. Yokoya will lose everything he has, because Akiyama LIED to him.

30. MightiestRooster bad-ass motherfucking bird

Yes! In your face Akyiama. Yokoya for the motherfucking win!