1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Legend of the Sun Knight

Discussion in 'Akihabara Novel Corner' started by Millefeuille, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

Description:
    Author: Yu Wo
    Illustrator: Ya Sha
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy
    Translators:
    http://legend-of-the-sunknight.blogspot.gr/

http://www.princerevolution.org/

Novel(s): 8 (completed)

2. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

A sequel named 39 - Legend of Sun Knight has been announced.
    First volume came out 28/8.
    It continues from where the epilogue left off. Meaning Elaro's training under Creus.

3. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

Lucanthia seems to be doing a mini translation/long summarry
    Here: http://lucathia-rykatu.livejournal.com/251510.html#cutid1
    and here: http://lucathia-rykatu.livejournal.com/251658.html#cutid1

4. Mizura Meh Advisor

Ah, I've read this one. It's absolutely hilarious! It has its ups and downs, sadly, but the characters are really interesting. The whole premise of the story is based on the fact that every one of the twelve Holy Knights needs to maintain their 'image', except said image is just that: an image, so they have to go to great lengths to wing it in the eyes of the public, and each generation passes down his techniques to the next generation. For example, the 'flirty' one isn't flirty at all and his eyes are swollen from winking too much. The 'nice, kind' guy is actually a bastard. The 'haughty' one has a permanent neck cramp preventing him from looking down, and can only date women taller than him because of his condition. There's one whose secret hobby is voodoo dolls. This sad, two-faced bunch is absolutely hilarious, yet they're also competent and badass (really). They all have very strong, distinct double-personas, and interact in various ways among one another and with their predecessors.

The main character is the Sun Knight, the leader of the 12 Holy Knights. He's been mercilessly trained by his predecessor so that even if he's falling to his death, he has to do so gracefully. Every time he says or writes something, he has to put in words in praise of the God of Light. He's also good at everything... except fighting with swords, which is the one thing he Should be good at as the Sun Knight. Hell, he's even got natural talents at necromancy, a talent that this other necromancer wants to nurture but that he absolutely doesn't want.

However, this MC is also The definition of two-faced. Beneath his sunny, justice-spewing exterior is a veritable slimy bastard who'll make you go through hell if you cross him. All those who know him, also know not to cross him, because he'll resort to petty means and pull strings from behind so that you Will end up completely miserable. And the worse thing one should never, ever do is mess with his Knights. No matter how wacky the relations are between them, the MC is Fiercely protecting of his fellow knights, and that's... pretty cool actually.

Anyway, don't expect too much from the plot, but do enjoy the story for the wacky characters.

5. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

Unno man volume 8 was both depressing and also extremely touching.
    The afterword of volume 8 explained pretty well what yu wo was going for.

It's not all comedy and wackiness there is more to it.

6. Mizura Meh Advisor

Ah, as a matter of personal preference, I liked the funny parts more than the depressing parts. But the parts when the Knights are together are :kloff.

7. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

Well i do enjoy the funny parts too i absolutely adore the comedy but i also really loved the touching scenes where eveyrone showed just how fucking much they care for each other. Their bonds are too strong and amazing.

LSK had me crying with laughter way too much Yu Wo's humor is simply amazing.

Frankly i adore LSK from top to bottom.

Still waiting for searching for roland. Yu Wo needs to write it already.

8. ?  

I really liked these books, enough to even read some of the prequel stuff. If I had to name a flaw it'd be the Drizzt clone. Pulls me out of the story a little bit.

9. Finalbeta Bravo Ragazzo

I'm starting reading the first
    I'll make it :catsalute

10. ZenithXAbyss The Final Boss

I remember marathoning this, KNM, and 1/2 prince.
    Good times.

11. Mizura Meh Advisor

Well yeah, I love it when they're together and show how much they care for each other too. Which is why the few arcs where they Aren't together for various plot reasons are considerably less interesting to me. Hell, I even like the side stories.

The wh... oh, the drow guy. Well, he's a minor character of the past generation, no biggie. It's a pity that the prequel characters are nowhere near as compelling, I blame the general lack of two-facedness.

It's a pity that the manga adaption is so... sparkly. I prefer the novel version, as it doesn't actually leave me feeling blinded. xP

12. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

The young 12 knights are so fucking adorable i can't help but melt.

13. Mizura Meh Advisor

Huh, mentioning the kids made me realize that non of the main cast of Naruto seems to lead a genin team... instead they just have kids, and half of said kids are clones of their father (yes, just the father). Seriously, what's up with that? :notrust

This also reminds me that Legend of the Sun Knight puts a Surprising amount of effort into the character and relationship-building:
    • Each of the 12 knights have unique double-personalities as well as unique relations between each other. Plus, the MC himself is quite complicated.
    • They have unique relations with their own teachers, all of whom have Their unique double-personalities
    • And then there's even the new generation, who are Also different from their predecessors and have unique relations with their teachers
    • Not to mention all the other characters, and there's a bunch of them: the captains, the royal families, Awaitsun etc.
    • Come to think of it, even the clothes have personalities. :lmao

It's a pity that, to my knowledge, none of the author's other works have quite so reproduced the scale of character-building.

14. ?  

Heh, that was my reaction to the manga version. It was way too shoujo for me to handle.