1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Law vs Luffy

Discussion in 'One Piece Battledome Archive' started by batman22wins, Nov 28, 2012.

1. batman22wins Active Member

Marineford
    Bloodlusted

2. ZERO PHOENIX Banned

Luffy takes this with mid to high difficulty. From what we've seen of Law he's a very technical fighter and while he's damn good at what he does Luffy has beaten guys like Law thanks to his overwhelming power and endurance. Vergo beat the shit out of Law with little dif and I'm guessing Luffy would have beaten the guy like he was a mid-boss of something. I say this not because Luffy is the main character but because he plays a good powergame. Law? Not so much. Not only that but endurance wise Law probably wouldn't last long in a fight against Monkey D. If Law ends the fight with his DF powers and I mean quickly, like within the first five minutes he can probably take Luffy. But the longer the fight wears on the more time there is for Luffy to beat that ass. I'd say Luffy takes it 6/10 or 7/10 times.

3. batman22wins Active Member

Vergo beat the crap out of a gimped Law you mean.

4. Coruscation Active Member

Uhm...........

I firmly believe until shown or implied otherwise that Luffy is capable of beating any of the Supernovas. He trained for two years straight, 3/4 of the time with Rayleigh, and he's the man who will be Pirate King. I may often be frustrated by his mid-arc foolishness, but I don't let it detract from my opinion of his true strength. Oda will never have Luffy look underwhelming compared to a contemporary.

5. Shuda Haru's "Brother-in-Law"

Well, Law did just cut Vergo, all the metal+ SAD Machines, and the entire Island of Punk Hazard in half with one slash latest chapter.

You may all need to re-look things. The Shichibukai have re-gained face.
    Spoiler:

X

Spoiler:

X

6. Imagine Unrivaled

>Taking a batman22wins thread seriously

>Nope.avi

7. batman22wins Active Member

Just because Luffy will be the best EOS doesnt mean he can beat Law know. Law Hax give him the edge to pull out a close win against Luffy. Well Law has been sailing and fighting in the new world obviously getting stronger while training too

8. Magician Member

I don't know. Law did slice all of punk hazard in half. As of right now, Law wins mid difficulty because I can't really think of a counter to him with what Luffy has shown. Maybe his gear second speed could get to him in time but I don't know.

I mean Vergo has been hyped up in this chapter to have one of the best Arnament Haki, I can't imagine that Luffy would have better arnament haki then Vergo.

So right now I give it to Law mid difficulty. With later feats maybe Luffy takes this but right now I have to give it to Trafalgar.

9. Shin Gouki In For The Kill

If Luffy is fast enough to stay out of that room and give Law a Red Hawk, he's the winner.

If Luffy ain't fast enough to get out of the room, then Law's the winner.

Maybe CoC can neglect the effects of room, who knows, if so, Law is screwed. Luffy is probably way faster than him in gear second.

10. Typhon "The Roaring Tide"

Luffy can avoid him easily. The problem is actually hitting Law without getting sliced in half.

Until Luffy proves to have better haki mastery then Smoker and Vergo, he's not beating Law.

11. Owl Banned

Luffy will sodomise Law from Arse to mouth.

GG

12. Nitty Scott M.I.L.F. $

For fuck's sake people he didn't cut the island in half, he cut one building a glacier in half.

13. tupadre97 Active Member

If Law can cut Vergo he can cut Luffy, so he one-shots.

14. Nitty Scott M.I.L.F. $

The fuckery :notrust

15. Lord Melkor Active Member

Luffy could one-shot Law with Elephant Gatling. And Zoro could cut Luffy and Law for sure. Your point?

16. Green Monkey Ben Wallace's Shoe Shiner

If Law is as strong as he is portrayed I personally choose to believe Luffy is a fucking speed demon, who when serious is fast as hell even among his peers (Supernovas, VA's etc.) He also must hit like a fucking train...the first time we see Elephant Gatling used against someone in a real fight it is going to be so epic I will die happy.

17. The End Heaven and Earth Burned to Ash

Law cuts Luffy in half with his DF abilities, what then? People cut by Laws DF can still move and feel both parts of their bodies if I remember right, so Luffy could still drill him with attacks. That's all if Law can even cut Luffys Armament, we haven't seen Luffy go all out with his Haki yet.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Vergo keep on fighting after this chapter.

18. tupadre97 Active Member

G3 would make him a larger target meaning he would be easier to solo.
    What? After he cuts u ur done. He controls u. And he is definitely cutting Luffy if Luffy's haki couldnt protect him from Hody's bite.

19. batman22wins Active Member

You guys realize how big Law can make his room right? Luffy will have to be in it to fight and Law in his room is in total control of everything.

20. Zyrax Pasha انا انثى انا

I think that Kidd and Law are above luffy for now....So law wins Extreme diff

21. Darth Xanatos Emperor of Justice

Law wins with mid difficulty.
    Once room is up there is literally nothing Luffy can do.

He cannot hit Law cause Law can teleport. And on the other hand Law can just cut him up as many times he wants to.

In the end Law takes Luffy`s heart.

22. Remyx Banned

I can see this going either way.

23. batman22wins Active Member

agreed, but extreme dif

24. Shin Gouki In For The Kill

Question is with Luffy in gear second will law be able to set that room up in time?

I think Luffy with his speed would gtfo of that dome, bust out his CoA haki put that all over his Red Hawk (sounds wrong I know) and send that flying right into the room. Since his arm would be covered in haki it would by pass the effects of room and smack Law straight on. I think....Hahaha!

Honestly it's to early to say, Plus Luffy has more history than Law: took out 2 warlords, dragon is his dad, garp his gramps, kuma is on his side, has shanks as a ally, was at Marineford war, went through impel down, befriended Jinbei and Hancock, trained by Rayleigh and yea. Well at least for what it's worth Luffy's got the backup in comparison to Law.

All in all, could go both ways. Remember we don't know if Luffy can cover himself in CoA, and he has the kings haki as well, for all we know, that could completely nullify a df powers.

25. Kaneda30 Member

The same thing could be said about Luffy's EGG. Law can't hope to win after a direct hit. That's why he has to avoid it.

Similarly, if Luffy uses his CoO and speed, instead of charging like a fool and relying only on CoA, he can avoid the mountain buster slash.

26. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Law is definitely capable of cutting luffy with the attack he used against vergo and can even mes the dude. However Luffy is crazy fast, flexible and has damage potential that surpasses smoker and vergo combined.

Luffy can beat law but he needs to be very careful.

27. Kaneda30 Member

That seems to be a problem for Luffy.

To me Law seems like an opponent to whom Luffy would lose the first round, just like with CC.
    Afterwards, with full knowledge, Luffy would be the favorite to win, albeit still with hard diff.

28. redhawk35 Member

luffy could win due to observation

29. redhawk35 Member

if luffy is in g2 he will be fast enough to dodge where law cuts

30. Lord Melkor Active Member

This is propably true. No one but the absolute top tiers can beat Law without knowledge, I think.

But I believe that we will see some comparable feats from Luffy soon. Not that his great speed and attacks like Red Hawk or Elephant Gatling are not very impressive. But I just don`t see Oda letting Law have the spotlight over Luffy.

31. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Oda doesn't tend to make luffy fuck around with guys with real power and skill.

32. Pacifista PX Project

Yeah. When Oda isn't playing around and showcasing the enemy Luffy is a very hard opponent to pin down. If we look at Law's fight with Smoker you can see that it's possible to outmaneuver Law and Smoker was actually had a very aggressive offense that was pushing Law back. Some of Luffy's specialties are maneuverability, flexibility, speed and ingenuity. These are perfect abilities to have when facing Law. Add to that Luffy has a mean offensive and I'd have to go with Luffy. Just wait until the end of the arc. I doubt Luffy won't shine before it's all over. Law finished his fight before Luffy. I hardly see Luffy's fighting ending with a whimper in comparison.

33. MsHarlequin Banned

I say Vergo High Difficulty.

Law's Room was a biggest factor in Vergo's defeat in the recent chapter. It seems the bigger Law's Room gets the more stronger his surgery like technique becomes. It wasn't an actually display of physical strength but a highly superior devil fruit. Once Law broke though Virgo's armor his body was exposed to the effects of Room which immediately bisected his body.

Without Ope Ope no Mi I don't think Law possess the physical strength needed to actually cut fully through Virgo's armament clad body. If he did Room would'nt have been nessasary. Personally I feel Zoro is just a fruitless Law so I say no to Zoro winning this.

34. n0thinglasts Member

This^
    Luffy was stronger than all supernovas except possibly Kid pre time skip.

Luffy during timeskip did nothing but TRAIN and got it from one of the highest tier characters in the story with determination from Ace's death. The other people have just been sailing the seas having adventures. If it was possible to gain even more strength from just sailing from island to island than Rayleigh wouldn't of bothered training him on a secluded island. With that in mind, post time skip Luffy is far far far stronger than any of the other super novas atm imo until shown otherwise.

35. Doma Active Member

I think Luffy has this. Law's only hope is to slash Luffy or use Mes. Slashing Luffy is going to be a lot harder than people think. Law's generic slashes aren't going to get through his haki and unlike Vergo, Luffy won't try to tank his mountain destroying slashes. He's not a complete idiot when he's blood-lusted, he's fought several people with one-shot moves before.

And since Mes is a close quarters technique, I see it more likely that he gets one shotted by red hawk than pulling it off.

36. MsHarlequin Banned

Luffy has intelligence of the Ope Ope no Mi and ways to defend against it with Haki then I say Luffy takes this. Personally I feel the only reason Vergo lost so easily to Law is because he adopted the over-confidence of his master, Joker.

37. SsjAzn Poptart into the Sunset

It goes either way or Luffy wins with very extreme difficulty.