1. Hey, we're currently doing an overhaul for Akihabara!
    Come check out this long-term project. Prizes given to those who participate.Read More.
  2. The Arcade is hosting the 2016 Game of the Year awards!
    Pay us a visit and nominate your candidates for each category. Read More.
  3. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  4. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  5. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Kushina "Find a girl like me"

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by WhiteWolf, Feb 10, 2012.

1. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

So the question is: What human quality do you think Kushina emphasiszed when she said "find a girl like me"?

Answer that question with one human quality:
    Loving (is my answer).

Please elaborate why you chose your answer:
    I think Kushina would do anything for Naruto. And she wants someone who cares and loves Naruto.
    I don't think Kushina meant Naruto should find a girl who would misjudge him like how Sakura, and tons of other Konoha people did.
    Because Kushina did misjudge Yondaime - So why would a mother want a girl who would misjudge his son?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. left behind Member

Impregnate every girl around. After every childbirths, he would sure know that type of girl. Too bad she's already dead! :laugh

Seriously, it must be her being a vessel filled with love. hmm

3. FrayedThread ?❁ The Royal Wizard ❁?

This is bound to turn into yet another NH vs NS thread later...

Naruto didn't think of any girls after he was recalling what his mother told him.
    I don't think that this can be used to support any pairing - seeing as it is Naruto himself who is most similar to Kushina.

4. Luiz Well-Known Member

Kushina only said she didn't think of Minato as the genius he was bound to be.

Unless we get a flashback panel of her treating him like lowly garbage, her younger self can't be compared to early Sakura.

5. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

As thread starter i wanted you guys to answer only my question.

~snip~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
  6. FrayedThread ?❁ The Royal Wizard ❁?

Reread the question again - misunderstood first time sorry.

I don't really think that is matters whether the girl Naruto would get with misjudged him at first.
    What really counts is that they love him as Kushina did Minato, she probably trusts that someone like her will be able to give him the affection that he needs.

7. uby Integra's Servant

8. SageEnergyMode Active Member

She told him not to choose anybody weird. Naruto once refers to Hinata as weird, but also said that he likes people like her.

Naruto, in some cases, has lived a life adhering to the things that his mother wanted for him, but in other ways, he has not. The same will be true for the girl he likes. We already have our proof that it isn't Sakura. Naruto will not choose a girl like his mother. He will end up with Hinata. Whether Kishi gives that any serious focus or not is another story entirely, but that's how I feel it will go down.

Want proof that Naruto will choose Hinata?

X

and the nail in the coffin is these three manga pages before neji's and naruto's fight.

X

X

X

He thought of Hinata as weird, but he likes people like her.

Kishi even showed us more during this war when both could tell something important about the other just by looking at the other's eyes. That's a red flag if I ever saw it. It's going to be Naruto and Hinata, unless she is killed or something.

9. SageEnergyMode Active Member

It's so obvious that it's going to be Hinata and Naruto. People are just blind to the obvious hints. Kushina herself once thought of Minato as a wimp, and someone who seemed unreliable.

Naruto started out basically oblivious to the fact that Hinata liked him, and even once referred to Hinata in the very same terms as the type of girl his mother told him NOT to choose, but, in Naruto's own words, he really likes people like Hinata. She confessed her love to Naruto, and it was real. Sakura did the same, and Naruto saw it for the bull that it was. Sakura didn't mean it. Sakura also knows from the pain arc that Hinata really loves Naruto.

Hinata again this chapter said she's going to finally make her move, and take things to the next level with Naruto. She could tell that it was the real Naruto, and not some enemy just by looking at his eyes. She could tell something that neither Kiba's nose, or Neji's Byakugan could ascertain. Naruto paid back that connection that they have in kind by also basically being able to look at her eyes and tell that she was troubled, and what she was thinking. People, these aren't small hints. They are big colossal hints that Naruto and Hinata is far more realistic and possible than any other female in this entire manga.

Naruto + Sakura is a joke and a fantasy. Naruto and Hinata? Done deal. It's just a matter of how much Kishi wants to signal this to us in further chapters.

10. ninjaneko Ghoul Eyes

For the love of Kushina, take it to the HOU! :arg My Mods, My Mods, why have you forsaken me? :scry

This topic actually had potential...until it reveled itself a pairing thread in the OP. But since it's interloping in my Library, I'll answer it seriously >_>.

If Kushina had to clarify with one (why only one?) quality, she would probably say, "Awesome dattebane!"

She's just facetiously bragging on herself, mostly. I can see Naruto saying the same thing to his daughter.

To clarify, I'm not saying she's full of herself or insincere. Kushina knows she's got some good qualities (and bad) and a good relationship, and she wants her son to have a good relationship too. It's personal bias whether one can better see Hinata or Sakura lining up with that vague statement... and also beside the point.

"A girl like me" means someone like her - in other words, it can mean whatever you want it to mean as long as it doesn't contradict her character.

There's little point in turning it into a pairing debate, putting down one character and trumping up another, drawing tenuous and largely speculative comparisons, as if it held some magical significance for Naruto's future waifu. :apathy

/neko out.

11. Haloman Fair and Balanced

She wouldn't? I guess the question is answered! :giogio

I will gtfo out, though. ~snip~

12. Fruits Basket Fan Active Member

Here is the thing: unless Naruto made a monolugue or shows in his actions that he feels for Hinata as she does for him......then NH went nowhere.

Most of the so called NH moments have been Hinata-->Naruto.....Hardly any Naruto in return.

And you are using a scene from part I where Naruto still did not look at Hinata in a romantic light after that....as evidence? He clearly did not mean it in a romantic light when he said that, otherwise, he would have stopped liking Sakura.

I love how you are using the Kushina: pick someone like me line. Both the NH and NS versions of twisting it are hilarious.

You said that Kushina looked down and made fun of Minato......only to change her mind when he proved his worth to her. But that could also mean:

Naruto would make a girl, who use to make fun of him and looked down at him, fall in love with him when he fulfills a certain task or proves himself in a way that will appeal toward that girl.......Kushina told him to find a girl just like her, after all :zaru!!!!!

See how stupid that was?

Naruto did not even think of either girl when Kushina said that. It is best to wait to see how Naruto sees this or else you will look like a fool if the manga does not go toward your expectations.

Much like the Zutara fandom.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  13. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

And i am not Kushina. Neither am i Kishimoto.

Therefor what i think of what Kushina meant is just a opinion - not a fact. And i am not gonna say "Kushina meant this" and state it as a fact - BECAUSE i simply don't know what she meant.

So the question is: What human quality do you think Kushina emphasiszed when she said "find a girl like me"?

So answer that question with one human quality:
    Loving (is my answer).

If your gonna use it against me that i am a Hinata and NarutoxHinata fan, then you can go ~snip~.

I made this thread to find out people's opinion on what quality they think Kushina found most important in a girl.
    So if your gonna try to start a war with me (a pairing one), you can again go (let's call it "away").

Do i make myself clear?

14. Blackberry90 .

Well, to be honest, I can see some similarities between Kushina and Sakura, but I don't think Kushina saying "find a girl like me" means Naruto will end up with someone excatly like Kushina.

And I agree with this.

15. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

Please everyone: stick to answering my question and what your interpretation of Kushina's setence.

To start the discussion on what can't be the right interpretation:
    If Kushina meant a exact copy of herself - then that would be weird. It would be very shallow of Kushina to say "Find a girl like me".

She must have thought of a quality or qualities.

16. Naruko Administrator

Ok, guys - lighten up and be on topic (re-read the opening post) and give a civil, topical answer or just don't reply.

If you don't want this to be a "pairing" thread, don't talk like it is. If you have a serious opinion, give it (please no more NaruxKushi jokes, ok? Addy, blargh, seriously :argh)

If you don't give a darn about the opening post, go to another thread, ok?

Play nice and if you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, don't get mad, get mod.

17. bleakwinter Spiteful Bitch

"Find a girl like me" = "Find a girl that isn't Sakura"

18. ImSerious Active Member

Why was my post deleted? The Op asked for a human quality didnt he? :giogio

19. Psychic Active Member

I think Kushina is so selfish to tell Naruto who to love. Naruto can decide for himself. This is about Naruto happiness, not his mom. Kushina is the perfect example of an unperfect mom.

20. Saturnine Escaping the Wood in Vain

For me it was one of the most irritating moments in Naruto. The mom wanted his son to find a girl like herself - loud-mouthed, tomboyish, annoying, temperamental, crabby, nagging, bitching. In other words, Sakura. Though women beating men in shonens can be funny, it gets tiresome real fast and I don't think this is a good matchup in real life.

21. Whirlpool Triumvir

Hinata is nothing like Kushina personality-wise and the 'Loving' part is pretty dumb, everyone is capable of loving...except me :datass

Anyways, no-one can compare to the awesomeness that is Kushina, so until Naruto finds someone like Konan/Tsunade/Mei/Mito escept younger, he gonna be a virgin.

Hinata and Sakura are just :giogio compared to these chicks

22. Yozora Member

^ Kushina willing to die for Naruto and Hinata willing to die for Naruto.

Both Kushina and hinata love Naruto.

23. Foxve Konoha's cyclone

24. Naruto Fighto Active Member

I agree, I think Kushina said "find someone like me" but then she also added "and not someone weird"

What is that suppose to mean?

I guess Kushina thinks herself to be the golden standard and the "weird one" I guess would be someone unlike her. Translated that means a cheerful, outgoing person is normal and someone overly shy like Hinata would fall in the weird category.

Fuck Kushina. And fuck Kishimoto.

25. Kurama Commander Kukuku

:iria

I'm sorry, what was the topic again?

LOL for serious tho, seeing as Kushina's words were to her baby as she was dying, and she hardly acted towards Minato in the manner Sakura did with Naruto [add to the fact that its Naruto whom she's like, anime makes it even clearer], the qualities she's referring to aren't about her being stubborn or loud or prone to knocking out annoying boys, but more along the lines of being loving like she was being to her son at the moment. This isn't meant to signify she was talking about Hinata either, seeing as she was still in her mother's womb for another two months after that night. Its not meant to decide Naruto's love life, especially since after that moment we get no follow up on Naruto's end, nothing concrete anyway.

26. Aleeight Long-Winded Writer

She meant whomever will make Naruto the happiest. That's all. Just generic motherly advice on girls that can apply to anybody and it will be up to Naruto to discern it how he sees fit. He will decided what is bad or weird and who is a girl most like his Mother if that is how he wants to decide things.

27. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

Ok, many people are using "A girl like me" as a argument for a NaruSaku pairing. I am gonna say what i think Kushina thought of when she said what she said.
    And it's wrong to interpret that line so shallow as "Someone like your mother".

How is Naruto's mother as a person?
    Does she beat up people for no reason? No, she beats up those who bullies her.
    Does Kushina misjudge people like people misjudged Naruto? Yes, she told Yondaime was a wimp.

Here Kushina says that she doesn't like the fact she says stupid things when she gets worked up, and that she hoped Naruto isn't like her in that way:
    X
    Point: She has qualities she does not like by herself or could be better off.

Kushina misjudging Yondaime:
    X

So if Kushina wanted Naruto to be with a girl that has shallow similarities like her - wouldn't that mean Kushina wanted a girl that misjudged Naruto? As in thought he was a wimp like Kushina thought Yondaime was ?

I don't think Kushina meant anything shallow like hair and eyes colour, punching people, or a girl that talks stupid.

I think Kushina was thinking of certain human qualities. "Someone like me".
    Is Sakura like Kushina in ways? Yes.
    Here Kushina punches Naruto for being silly (and a punch Naruto deserved :D ):
    X

Is Sakura exactly like Kushina? No.
    What did Sakura do when people bullied her? She felt depressed.
    What did Kushina do? She beat the crap out of them.
    Is beating Naruto up a common thing among confident girls? Yes, Ino gets those angry eyes. And remember all Sasuke fan girls in the Naruto world itself?:
    X
    Look at all those Sasuke fan girls eyes and their fists raised up.

So i have proven difference AND similarity between Kushina and Sakura. So how is Sakura "a girl like me" (Kushina) based on ONE similarity? Are you gonna overlook the difference(s)?

I really believe that Kushina meant nothing shallow when she said "Find a girl like me". What would Kushina do for Naruto? EVerything.
    Does she love Naruto with all her heart? YEs.
    Would Kushina want her son to end up with a girl that misjudges his son's character? Because both Kushina and Sakura misjudged Yondaime and Naruto.

What i think Kushina meant is find a girl like me in the sense that she loves you like i do (Kushina).

Also another difference between Kushina and Sakura:
    Kushina didn't flock around Yondaime like Sakura, Ino and all other Sasuke fan girls did.

Why am i focusing on difference and similarity between Kushina and Sakura?

Because people are using one similarity between Kushina as enough to justify the interpretation what Kushina said was that Naruto should find a Sakura type of girl.

Kushina and Sakura has differences and one similarity that i see.
    But i can't imagine how a mother would want her son to be with a girl that misjudges him. Because that's what Sakura did.

So the interpretation "A girl like me" is PROBABLY not shallow meant.

28. Mandala Magic June 8, 15:14:00

I wanna believe Kushina meant to find a girl who's any one of these things:
    Willing to die protecting him, loves him enough to do the above, very understanding of him, understands the pain of loneliness, and grows up to be self-reliant.

To needlessly include Hina/Saku here... I honestly think they both each share aspects of personality, background and demeanor as Kushina Uzumaki.

Most of all, I think she just wishes Naruto will find someone who is similar to both him and his mother. Because Naruto's got a major part of his personality and speech pattern from his mother. In some types of romantic relationships there's such thing as maternal-like care from a partner. It's just Kushina's wish for him to find someone 'familiar', to make finding a love a bit more simple.

Spoiler: Needlessly Including Hinata And Sakura Here...
    Well, it's true Kushina and Sakura have similarities.

But really I've listed out similarities of K/H/S on another forum elsewhere.

Hinata was bullied, Sakura was bullied, Kushina was bullied.

Hinata was shy, Sakura was shy, Kushina was shy (young childhood).

Hinata never stood up for herself when young, Sakura had Ino stand up for her, Kushina stood up for herself.

Hinata was kidnapped for her Byakugan, Kushina was kidnapped for her Kyuubi chakra.

Hinata's part of a powerful clan, Kushina was part of a powerful and well-known clan (could probably say the same about Haruno clan, but we don't know much).

Hinata has long hair, Sakura had long hair (now it's short), Kushina had long hair.

Hinata has pale violet eyes, Kushina has grayish purple eyes.

Sakura was insecure about her forehead, Kushina hated her hair.

Sakura was saved by Naruto, Kushina was saved by Minato.

I see "hina" (Hinata) and "kus" (saku scrambled without 'a') in her name.

I'd say according to background story details, Hinata has one or two more similarities than Sakura does with Kushina. Other than that, they are pretty equal in terms of "likeness" of Kushina. Anyway, sorry, for helping turn this into a borderline NH/NS thread. Wanted to get my points across.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  29. Eriko 恵理子

I've always believed that Kushina's line was simply advice to be careful about picking a girlfriend/wife. To answer the question in the OP, I suppose that would mean that she wanted Naruto to find someone who will love him. I don't see a need to read more into it than that.

I've seen attempts to use this line in favor of both NaruSaku and Naruhina, but frankly, I don't see this line as having anything to do with pairings. The arguements that Sakura is like Kushina for her appearance or for having a hot temper are ridiculous. Like Kushina would really mean to tell her son "find a hot-tempered girl" or "find a girl who looks like me."

Really, I don't think this line was meant literally, so I don't see a point in the "who's most like Kushina" arguements.

30. Kujiro Anodite Yes, JOHANNA IS ANGRY!

She means for him to find a nice girl who loves him and will keep him safe. A girl like her. There was nothing about that girl being Hinata, Sakura, Karin or any girl introduced so far - except for Kushina.

Jesus. Not that hard people.

32. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

I brought in Hinata and Sakura into this topic to prove that interpreting Kushina's word in a shallow way is probably not the right interpretation. Both Sakura and Hinata have similarities with Kushina, but they are not LIKE Kushina at same time.

Shallow interpretation includes a girl like Kushina:
    Hair and eye colour, skin, breast size, clan status, strength, habits, interests etc
    So with that said Kushina MOST LIKELY did not mean Naruto should find a girl that's as SIMILAR as her in a shallow way (i listed shallow things above).

And also Naruto didn't save Sakura. Ino did.
    Naruto saved Hinata.
    Naruto has been a good friend to Sakura as Kiba and Ino have been to Hinata.

But as you pointed out that my argument that interpretating Kushina words so literal or shallow is wrong interpretation.

KEEP MORE posts coming guys about your interpretation of what Kushina meant - make sure you elaborate or you will be nothing more than a troll...

33. Taijukage Active Member

TBH naruto liking someone similar to his mother is just creepy. id want someone nothing like her.

34. Momoka sunshine lolipops and rainbows

Naruto will definitely find a woman like Kushina. Uzumaki incest ftw. Or Oedipus complex.

I can totally prove that Naruto has Oedipus complex for his mother.

"Never knew that my mom's a babe."

:geg

35. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

You guys seem to be interpreting Kushina's words incorrect. Before you make a judgment about what kind of girl Kushina wants for Naruto, you should first ask "What did Kushina mean by her words?".

Simply interpreting Kushina words as "Find a girl like me" as in "Find a girl that's a copy of your mother" is just stupid. Ask yourself this question:

Kushina misjudged Yondaime
    Many people misjudged Naruto. They thought Naruto was evil. They thought he was a monster.

Again Kushina misjudged Yondaime: Why would she want her son to be with someone who misjudges him? Why?
    Naruto went through alot of pain because of the kind of people who misjudged him.

So your either interpreting Kushina words wrong, or...Kushina is a very selfish and bad mother. The latter being wrong because we saw Kushina getting stabbed, YES STABBED, by Kyuubi because she protected Naruto.

Kushina is not like Sakura or Hinata. Though Sakura and Hinata has similarities and MANY differences compared to Kushina - they are not girls "like Kushina" in a shallow way (interest, eye and hair colour, habit, attitude, etc).

Kushina isn't a selfish mother. She loves Naruto dearly. My conclusion (and it's mine, feel free to disagree):

Kushina probably meant "Find a girl like me" as in a girl who would love you and cherrish you as much as i do. A girl who would do anything for you.

Kushina - the lovely mother (two pictures to prove this):

VIEW TWO LOVING PICTURES BELOW
    Spoiler:
    X

Spoiler:
    X

36. Fay

It doesn't matter what Kushina meant. She gave her advice, Naruto can interpret it as he wants and can choose whether he will take her advice or follow his own path. This can happen right now or it can happen 14 years later as Naruto is a kid and he has time enough to find himself a wife.

37. Weiss What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity

Ino's mid-riff >= Hinata's boobs >>> Sakura

that's relevant

38. WhiteWolf Lone wolf

This is a forum. Forums are there to discuss things.
    Naruto can interpret it as he wants, but those of us discussing this topic wants to try to interpret it as close to correct meaning as possible.

If you don't want to discuss this you can leave. That simple.

39. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

Best word I can think of is eccentricity.

Nor does any character in the younger generation. People are pointlessly trying to establish parallelisms between Kushina and the Konoha 11. It's not like Naruto "followed" her advice. If anything, you want to look for the character that's the complete opposite of Kushina-someone more introverted and on the quieter side.

40. Turrin 玄武

When Kushina said to find someone like her, I do not think she is talking about a single quality, I think she is talking about several qualities that speak towards who she is. Kushina is a strong and out going person who does not simply submit to the guy she is in love with, we can see that in the fact that she has only really lost 1 argument to Minato in their entire relationship. However despite her out going personality that can some times turn abrasive, which manifest in the comedic relief physical violence, she generally cares deeply for Minato and would go to great lengths to protect and support him. Also I think she means that Naruto should find a girl who where others see imperfection he loves that quality about said girl.

That is what I think is at the core of the sentiment Kushina imparts to her son. As for how this statement reflects on Hinata and Sakura. Both fit the statement well, however overall Sakura fits the statement a bit better as of right now, because she is more outgoing and less submissive to Naruto, which just like Kushina manifest in the form of comedic violence. Also like Kushina, Sakura has the whole physical imperfection back story were she was made fun of for her forehead and what not, which Naruto made it clear in Chapter 2 or was it 3 of the manga that he loves her forehead.

So as of right now Sakura fits the statement thee best and that should be obvious to anyone.

41. Kitsunahren Renkinjutsushi

I wish I got paid for every time someone saw a "hint" (lol) of a pairing. From Kushina's words to things ~insert random shinobi here~ said 400 chapters ago to the most recent chapter, 573 (which supposedly has NH pairing material...um?), I'd be rollin' in it.

But as to the actual quotation:

Kushina was an outsider. She was strong willed and refused to back down when bullied. She had an outstanding physical characteristic that only Naruto (and Minato) appreciated. She was lonely. She had a clan-power (sort of) that led to her kidnapping. She was saved by Minato, which led to her seeing him in a different light. She has a temper, a verbal tic, a kind heart and a fearless demeanor. She was a good cook and a true shinobi. Kushina (and Kishi) could be referring to any one or more of these qualities as well as others I haven't listed.

I would only ask that we recall the circumstances of these words. Kushina has seconds to live, having thrown herself in front of a demon fox's claw (destroying >30% of her body mass and every internal organ) with the slim hope that it won't reach her baby son. She and Minato poured everything they had into sealing their love inside Naruto.

"Find someone like me."

She loved Naruto, and in death she loves him still. She and Minato sacrificed everything for an uncertain future in the hopes that their son might carry on their dreams...and so she could see him again. OP, I agree wholeheartedly with your single quality. It's probably the best-fitting.

Because you're looking at a specific point in the timeline? Perhaps she wanted someone who would grow to appreciate her son in a manner that is deep and true, rather than fangirl over him for whatever reason (...Part 1, I'm looking at you). Recall that Minato was rather well-liked and highly regarded by most of the village -- Kushina, initially, did not share that sentiment. Yet her opinion changed, and she chose him and he chose her.

Take the pairing crap out of this beautiful, tragic scene :(

42. T-Bag Blackbeard

-red hair
    -sucks at ninjutsu
    -tomboy

all of what kushina represents

43. Closet Pervert Legendary Pervert

look at kushina's personalty & then look at karin's....

45. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

She was obviously talking about Karui :maybe

46. Aijin ₓₒ

Sakura is nothing like Kushina. They both have different qualities and different flaws. And this should have been posted in the debate thread because we all know where this is headed...

47. Whirlpool Triumvir

Naruto will run through a forest, looking for Sakura, because Sasuke has kidnapped her and he see's the sun reflecting off her forehead :zaru

This should totally happen

"I noticed your beautiful forehead right away.."

48. Spock &#32

49. Hungry1 Member

Kushina was talented and a master of seals. She even taught Minato.

Sakura is a no talent hack and a master of crying.

50. Whirlpool Triumvir

Kushina said herself that she sucks at ninjutsu. Fuinjutsus differnet