1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Kurama Vs. Kurama

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Jaynobro, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaynobro Banned

Kurama from YYH Vs. Kurama from naruto.

Distance: 20 m
    Knowledge: Full for Kurama from naruto none for YYH's Kurama.
    Conditions: Assume the Kurama from naruto is slightly faster due to his size in this fight.

2. Cableguy15 Retired

Damn it, I knew this was going to happen. :pek

Also, what's with the bogus condition? Speed is one of Kurama's biggest advantages. I've heard of speed being equalized, but purposely giving Kyuubi the advantage there? What's up with that?

Either way though, the real Kurama cut down someone who would be around mountain level:
    X
    X

Guess it'll depend on how quickly Kyuubi can get off a menacing ball.

3. God Movement Admanistrator

Why would that even matter? A Reigan stronger than a Reigan that was stronger than the Menacing Ball (how's that for a tongue twister) didn't turn Sensui to dust straight away even in his Offensive Form, not to talk of his Defensive Form. The mere fact that Sensui had a TDP of less than 36,000 means that even if he delegated all <36,000 points to defense in his Defensive Form it'd be impossible for him to have more defense than Kurama (having 152,000 points) with of all of his stats evenly split between the different categories, and that evidently isn't even the case otherwise he wouldn't have any offensive power at all.

Likewise with his Offensive Form, delegating most of his points to offence means he had hardly any defensive points when he was hit by the mountain buster. Kurama would tank that Menacing Ball then lay the smackdown on Kurama.

4. Utopia Realm Love me?

Kurama from YYH wins this.

5. SpaceMook Family Man

The hell? Is that Kyuubi's real name? :lmao

6. The Prodigy A glorious death ;)

Shuichi takes this with mid difficulty. He's way too versatile for Kyuubi Kurama to handle. Forget about Yoko vs Kyuubi, that'd be close to a stomp, if not a stomp.

7. ChaosTheory123 Bored with This

Kurama, taking insult to the Kyuubi's new name, seals the fucker for eternity with one of his sinning trees.

With that note, Kurama gets a new victory to accompany his rather sparce profile now. Bleachverse isn't much of a badge to wear and all. :maybe

Also, OP, being slightly faster won't help at Kyuubi's size. He has too much distance to move his limbs typically anyway. Kurama will dodge his shit rather casually still.

8. Heavenly King Killer of Omnipotents

lmao I can't wait for the son goku vs son goku vs son goku

9. ChaosTheory123 Bored with This

Son Goku wins :maybe

but seriously, retarded thread.

10. U mad bro Active Member

LoL there are a couple dozen Kurama floating around. Him and Son Goku are some the most overused named in manga.

11. The Prodigy A glorious death ;)

It just so happened that Kurama and Son Goku happen to conviently be the names of DBZ's main character and YYH's legendary bandit. Both Goku's are apes and both Kurama's are demon foxes. Go figure.

Kishi you clever unoriginal bastard you. :scrooge

12. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

While I share everyones contempt for the thread, it's hardly a reason to bash someone because they have the same name as someone stronger then them. YYH Kurama is more badass, but Kyuubi Kurama hardly deserves most of the hate he gets.

That said, YYH Kurama still wins.

13. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

There is a Kurama in Naruto?:wha

14. hammer Active Member

kyuubi =kurama:rotfl

15. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Apparently Kyuubi's true name is Kurama while "Kyuubi" is more of a title.

16. Onomatopoeia In a word: Brilliant

Has to be done: Kurama rapes. Kurama has no chance of beating Kurama. Kurama annihilates him easily.

:maybe

17. Akabara Strauss Vampire King

This.
    Ten Char.

18. Cableguy15 Retired

Fair points. Admittedly I was thinking of it in a more linear way. "Kurama has no durability feats as an S-class". :lmao

Still, I have a very hard time disagreeing with that, so Kurama takes this after a few rose whiplashes.

19. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

I will never acknowledge such a thing. :hmpf

20. ChaosTheory123 Bored with This

I still like the sinning tree and find that perfectly in character :pek

21. Divine Sovereign Knightmare Sorrow

My same reaction

22. Krypton Member

So people are mad because of a simple name.

23. Level7N00b Stainless Steel

Something so terrible from Naruto has no business being associated with anything YYH. :hmpf

24. Soledad Eterna Active Member

Sinning tree.
    YYH may not be the best manga ever, but it's quality stil far surpasses the defecated garbage that is Naruto.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  25. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Kyuubi is terrible?

26. Shozan サソリ ∞ λύκος

Mr. Flowers rape, rape hard!

27. 24 Hours Active Member

Kyuubi is pretty terrible, the once the most fearsome creature is now reveal to be a slave to multiple shinobi, and soon will be TnJ by Naruto.

28. Krypton Member

And Yu Yu Hakusho was a master piece?

In fiction of it's kind, YYH is at the bottom.

Naruto in this forum is made fun off because everything the author does is considers an asspull, yet YYH surfers from the same thing, yet it's okay.

Ex. Hiei with his Jagan, that shit was retcon in the Kings Saga.

29. NeoKurama Zoldyck Family

Sounds like you're the one frustraed by the whole ordeal.

30. Vɑnƶ Active Member

What next Son Goku vs Son Goku? :maybe

31. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Too late:
    X
    :maybe

32. Vɑnƶ Active Member

oooh, fuck that shit! how come i wasn't on when it happened:cry

33. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Being a victim of PIS=/=being terrible.

34. B Rabbit OL's Best

Name one good character trait Kyuubi has done? Name two, then name three.

35. Light Birds are cool

The same thing can be said about every character in fiction. When it comes to likes, it's about a persons preferences.

36. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Whatever.

Kurama from YYH wins pretty easily.

37. Krypton Member

Why don't you name three good character traits Kurama has done.

Guess what, whatever you name will be nothing but subjective to you're point of view, doesn't mean it's good, but it's just subjective.

38. Killerqueen :P

I like both Kurama ,I don't see How Naruto Kurama is a terrible character.
    YYH Kurama raped

39. willyvereb Migratory Thinker

Indeed, Kyuubi cannot be a terrible character.

Especially because it has yet to get a proper characterization.
    For now it was just the generic evil creature with boundless hatred.

40. Lord Raizen The Warrior God

Anyone who's an avid manga reader would know the difference between a good character and a bad one.

Even if you don't personally like Yoko Kurama, by nature, in comparison to the Kyuubi, it's still wrong to imply that thier character's are comparable in quality.

Yoko actually has a consistent character with gradual development over the course of the entire manga. Part of this is because he's actually a main character, but it's also that his writter actually gives a damn.

Kyuubi's backstory has changed, his personality has changed. His entire aura has changed. I remember when the Kyuubi was actually supposed to be intimidating. No, he's made to be an insecure, whining, ranting fool who, in all of his supposed omniscience, falls for one of the oldest tricks in the book only to be stared and talked down to by a 15 year old like it's no big thing.

A good writter would've found a way to uplift Naruto's character, and show his growth without diminishing the potency of the Kyuubi's character.

This I can agree with to an extent, though the evil and boundless creature bit is somewhat dieing out thanks to Kishimoto's decision to nerf them all.

According to Hachibi, the bijuu have feelings and are seemingly insecure and angry at the way they've been treated by humans. They were chakra beasts that have been used as weapons since thier creation, why would the just develop all of these alternative thought patterns? "I hate humans because Im not meant to be used by them despite the fact that this is all I've ever known in my entire life and thus in the last few weeks have I decided it's a problem". "Also how dare you use my name, it's sacred even though I just made it up 2 panels ago".

It's all inconsistent horsecrap.

They may not be bad character qualities in and of themselves, but as far as Im concerned, when you drastically change the nature of a character to the point where he's barely reminiscent of his original appeal, the character quality degrades.

Anyone remember when Naruto was actually the underdog that had to work his ass off to be half as good as everyone around him only to get shit for it and subsequently demonstrate his passion and heart by pressing on in the face of adversity?

It was fine for him to gain power and get to the top eventually, but now, he's the prophecy's savior of the world that's been destined to do all of this since the begining despite the fact that destiny has only been a concept in this 12 year long manga for the last two to three years or so.

It's sad that people still try to defend this manga. I still consider myself a fan but you cannot tell me that Kishi's writting level and Naruto's asspulls are comparable to any other manga, barring Kubo and Bleach.

No other manga, at least in the mainstream, are as poorly written as those two.

True Facts.

41. Toriko Dangalang King Piccolo

Agreed, but Naruto is waaaaaaaaay better than Fairy Tail too.

Asspulls aside, Naruto is getting better, while FT and Bleach just get worse.

42. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

Who the hell said that their quality was comparable? All thats been said is that Kyuubi's not a bad character.

What backstory? The only thing we've known prior to this was based on vague myths and legends, which we've known for years to be an unreliable source.

He's hardly insecure or whiny. And whats this omniscience bullshit?

Oh yes, lets ignore that Naruto can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants to with Kyuubi do to his new seal with Kyuubi being able to do fuck all against it.

Again, Insecure? They just dont like being treated like dirt, thats hardly being insecure, atleast to an extent that would be considered a bad character trait.

Also, being used as weapons since their creation? They've only been used like that since the shinobi villages were formed, which has only been in the last 60-80 years. They've been roaming for 100's of years prior to that.

I dont think anyones going to argue against the fact that the child of Prophecy was a terrible plot device, but what exactly does that have to do with character quality? You've basically just gone on ranting about why the manga's bad now.

43. B Rabbit OL's Best

Like Willyvereb said Kyuubi has done nothing to even have any characterization. It isn't opinionated when the character has nothing.

Krypton stop trying your looking bad.

44. Light Birds are cool

It actually all is opinionated. One person could like the Kyuubi for being a whiny little bitch. Even if they haven't shown much, a person can like them for whatever reason they want. Also if you bring up three points to why you dislike a character, a person can think that character is still good.

45. Cableguy15 Retired

The manga? Certainly not. The manga's first two arcs were very well-done and earned Togashi an award, but about half way through the third arc, it became clear that he didn't care about the series anymore. And by the fourth arc, you could tell that he'd do anything-even skip over fights he was building up and an entire tournament-just to end the series.

What everyone here probably remembers is the anime, and the anime has a lot of good going for it. It never tried to be some pseudo deep story like Naruto. It added things in that the manga failed to account for and made it a more complete series with even more relate-able characters. It was what it was... That, combined with the incredible dub is what makes it my favorite of all-time. In short, the manga is not why I support the series.

Also, what retcon with the Jagan?

Hm. I think Fairy Tail and Naruto are interchangeable in quality terms. Both always have their moments, but usually fall flat on their faces in the end.

Bleach on the other hand is just a whole new tier of bad. It hasn't been good or interesting for years. I always wonder to myself, "Why am I reading this???" on Wednesdays. :maybe

46. God Movement Admanistrator

He's probably talking about where the Jagan surgery was the thing that turned him from an S-Class to a D-Class or whatever IIRC.

That was pretty silly :lmao

47. Krypton Member

i actually love the manga and anime, both of them were pretty decent.

The retcon about the jagan was when Hiei was introduced, Togashi made it looked and implied he received the jagan through the sacred treasured he Goki and Kurama stoled.

it was implied even more when he gived Yusuke's girlfriend the Jagan, and the antidote was stored in the hilt of the sword.

So if that's not a retcon, that mean Hiei summoned the doctor to the human world, have him operated on Keiko, without paying the doctor then have him go back to the demon world.

When we later found out that demon that are A or higher can't pass through the barrier.

That's not the only shit he retcon either. The whole King's Saga was an asspull.

48. Kurou GINGA DOROBO

Who cares about the Jagan retcon, the only use it has is spying on his sister. Hiei won't admit it but the guys a sexual deviant. He's lucky Kuwabara's a nice guy cause that incest shit don't fly in his hood.

49. Toriko Dangalang King Piccolo

@cable

Fairy Tail turned it's best character, Gajeel, who's basically a Piccolo with nappy rockstar hair, into fodder pretty much.

Unless I see some damn impressive shit from him post timeskip, my opinion stays the same :maybe

50. Saint Saga Alpha.

What jagan retcon ? i'm pretty sure hiei mentioned that it was artificial even back before the dark tournament arc , not to mention zeru pointing that out too .

Seriously what retcon are you talking about ? am i missing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.