1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Kira Yamato is not a newtype

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by Zetta, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Zetta Banned

Discuss this truth.

2. Yohan Kokuchouin Child of the Lost Time

Nothing about him says Newtype...
    He is not what Char had in mind as evolution...
    That's one truth...

3. neodragzero Holy Jesus Bolter

Wait, there are people that are dumb enough to think he is?:huh

4. Yohan Kokuchouin Child of the Lost Time

Wait until this thread starts going; you'll see people that actually think he is.

5. LightMaster Gundam Educator

He's not a Newtype, Fukada said he wasn't. The fact remains he's displayed Newtype like abilities in SEED and in Destiny- label him as you wish.

6. Zetta Banned

Which Fukuda said was an homage to UC.

7. Jon Snow Super Max

He's beyond newtype.

8. LightMaster Gundam Educator

When Fukuda offers up a respectable alternate explanation for Kira totally changing course to engage Rau aside from sensing him. Or getting the lightning bolt when sensing Rey's remotes-then I'll the remark some mind. Until such a time, I guess we're stuck.

9. Tuan ̣

10. Corran .

Wasn't this topic beaten to death in the "Is Kira Yamato possibly the most hypocritical character in the Gundam franchise?" topic? :lmao

11. Rice Ball Active Member

Mu La Flaga and Rau Le Creuset were the only Newtype's in Seed.

12. Kuwabara99 HOW MANY POINTS DO I RECIEVE?

quoted for truth

same goes for Mu and Rau

Newtype-like ability(to an extent).

13. LightMaster Gundam Educator

No, Fukada outright says their Newtype's. And they did Newtype stuff, aside from talk to the dead.

14. Yohan Kokuchouin Child of the Lost Time

No... Just No...

15. Red Zaku Johnny Ridden

Freedom is able to magnify targets that would normally appear as specs and tha't seen in the first episode Freedom appears, burt Freedom's sensors are not a rational explainationf ro Kira finding Rau?

>.> He got a lightning bolt, Kira dodged remotes without said bolt so what does said bolt even prove?

16. Utopia Realm Love me?

He's not a newtype. He's just some adrenaline boosted teenager with some gundam skills. That's all.

17. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Unless something has changed between the time of your post, in the last time I viewed the scene; Freedom's sensors show no sign of picking up the Providence or even being aware of anything so far out as the Arch Angel's position at the time. Please also keep in mind Freedom's sensors are limited to the area effected by the Neutron Jammer Cancelor. So is it rational, not within the situation.

The other times there was no need for a bolt, he'd been aware of them before and had seen them launched. Rey's kind of 'snuck' up on him when he was paying attention to Shinn.

18. Red Zaku Johnny Ridden

Based on? We ionly see Kira's reaction shot. There is no way to rule out the idea Freedom didn't detect it. But it's sort of irrelevent anyway. Kira isn't a newtype.... You can demand all the explanations from Fukuda you want but the fact is he doesn't need to give a single one....

What the hell are you talking about? >.> Freedom's sensors were comply unaffected by the battlefield conditions of Josh-A.

>.> Amuro doesn't need to the bolt when funnels are right infront of him but he consistently gets it because he's a newtype. Kira getting the bolt once does not prove Kira a newtype. In fact it just lends more cred to what Fukuda said about the entire thing being an homage.

19. LightMaster Gundam Educator

No, we see him suddenly look around as if he suddenly feels something. It's a cockpit shot, and the sensors are fine and he can't SEE anything out of the ordinary at least nothing is presented as being visually present. It's simply put out as a feeling, like he can feel the danger. Until Fukada can explain why it happened without saying he sensed either Rau or the Danger it comes off as a cop out.

The Neutron Jammer Cancelor has a limited range, it's a fact. Has he ever used the Multi-Targeting on anything at extremely long distance? No.

Kira doesn't need the bolt when Funnels are right in front of him either, he's never had remotes sneak up on him besides with Rey in Destiny. Also, again... I never said Kira was a Newtype. He simply displays Newtype traits and abilities.

20. Red Zaku Johnny Ridden

Which of coruse rules out the probably he was looking around cause it's a battlefield and there were fights happening all around him so a threat could come from anywhere because?

Being inside the cockpit is not the same thing as a clear shot of Freedom instratment's. All we saw was Kira looking around, you said it youself. NOTHING was shown of the sensors which could have picked Rau up.

It can come off that way to you all it wants. It doesn't change the fact Kira isn't a newtype....If you're going to use the directors word to prove Rau, and Mwu are newtypes then you need to grin and bare it when he declares Jesus Yamato isn't.

Yes, but the entire Earth is saturated with them because of giant spikes which spread them constantly which were launched into the Earth at the start of the war...So Earth is never without serious NJC interference and yet it's never posed a problem to Freedom's targeting abilities ever...

x.x Actually he's done so several times in space.... Even multilocking Nuclear missiles whichw ere moving away from him at a good clip... So yes. And that was at the same battle you claim Freedom's sensors couldn't detect objects that far out because of NJC interference.

>.> Amuro get's the bolt all the time. Kira doesn't. Kira is not a newtype.

Wait traits? Dodging funnels? Nope oldtypes have done that... Controlling remote weapons? No any idiot can do that, and even if Kira was spatially aware that's not the same thing as being a newtype... In fact your entire body of evidence comes from two instances in over a hundred episodes of animation...

21. Yohan Kokuchouin Child of the Lost Time

Kira dodging funnels can not be used as a feat. Garrod Ran does that and he's an old type... By that sense, he should be ranked as a Newtype... but we all know that he's not.

Controlling remote weapons; I'm pretty sure Dearka or Yzak could do the same things Kira could if they would have given them remote weapons. Hell, I'm sure Lunamaria could have too.

22. Sazabi24 SaZAbi

Kira dodging Dragoons only makes Rau seem like a worse pilot

23. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Of course not, the fact that he doesn't see anything. And the Freedom doesn't actually pick anything up rules out the sensors and his own eyesight picking up Rau or the danger he possessed towards the Arch Angel. Not to mention he'd never suddenly looked around before, and he wasn't doing it as if it was just...normal.

You're right, NONE of the sensors are shown picking Rau up. Not the radar, not even a little video screen that appears when a specific unit or piece of space is monitored. If the sensors did suddenly pick up a hostile Mobile Suit there would have been a audio notification and we would have been shown such a notice. Instead he looks all around and says something doesn't FEEL right, not that the sensors are picking up something off or that they're picking up anything at all.

And nothing will change the fact he's displayed Newtype traits. I could prove Mwu and Rau are Newtypes WITHOUT the directors word. They sensed other Newtypes, and had Newtype Flashes.

1. There aren't any giant spikes, the reason why the Jammer's can't/haven't been neutralized is because they've been jammed so deep into the Earth that it's pretty much impossible to get to them. They in no way stick out onto the surface of Earth.
    2. The Freedom also never uses the Multi-targeting system on anything at long distance.

1. If they were moving away from him, as in they were past him and he was in a chasing position. The beams that hit them might have actually come from such an angle...they did not. Thus you are full of shit. Athrun get's distracted and THEN let's some past him.
    2. They're not the same episode, episode 49=/= episode 50

Haman's shit because Kamille and Sciricco dodged her funnels, Char's shit with remotes because Amuro dodged his funnels. Everyone who has ever had their funnels dodged is shit. Ali? Shit. Ribbon's? Shit.

24. neodragzero Holy Jesus Bolter

There's a difference between dragoons and funnels. Anyone can probably use the dragoon system. The same can't be said for funnels. At least Haman fights in a verse of general competent pilots and multiple newtypes beyond just two. Stop trying to be cute.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  25. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

Lightmaster Ribbon's, Ali, Char, Haman are characters that come from verses with competent pilots and they don't magically standstill for beam spam. CE grunts are infamous for being the worst in the Gundam.

But to avoid a flame war, I'll get back on topic, Kira is'nt a Newtype this is obvious.

26. Zetta Banned

Gundam Seed Destiny. Episode 36. 3min 20 sec.

Gilbert Durandal: The Legend however is a ambitious machine equiped with a new generation of the DRAGOON system which can now be used by anyone thanks to improvements in the quantum system.

DRAGOONS are computer-controlled automated laser turrets while Funnels are mind-controlled laser turrets.

Stop comparing them.

27. Yohan Kokuchouin Child of the Lost Time

How is the hell can you say that? Did you see the Fangs in Gundam 00? They were almost impossible to dodge with its insane speed. Anyone that dodged Ribbon and Ali's Fangs have some serious skill.

Haman's shit because Kamille and Scrirocoo dodged her funnels? We clearly saw better piloting and newtype powers at work.

Amuro dodging Char's remotes isn't something to really be bring up. It would have been dumb for Amuro not have dodged him with all of his damn feats. Hell, it just doesn't seem right especially with his Nu Gundam.

28. Zetta Banned

The Nu Gundam isn't just for show :awesome

29. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Remotes =/= Funnels. The DRAGOONs are more like unwired Incoms.

30. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Except anyone can't just use DRAGOON's, hell not just anyone can use Gunbarrels and those still use wires, and are drastically inferior to DRAGOON's. The simple fact of the matter is, he said Rau looks worse because a well above competent pilot evade Rau's DRAGOON's, he didn't say because grunts did, or some secondary pilot- he said Kira. Technically speaking grunts evaded a shot or two from Char's funnels, is he shit with remotes now?

That has something to do with Rau looking worse because Kira dodged it? How does Rau look worse when no one but another Newtype, and the best pilot around managed to evade his remotes. Even Mwu couldn't keep it up forever.

What the FUCK does that have to do with the fucking Providence? Are you totally retarded when it comes to SEED... or is this all on purpose? And AGAIN, find me some fucking evidence to this computer controlled bullshit you spew, OR you except the fact that they're mentally commanded like the model kit manual-the only one that FUCKING SAYS HOW IT WORKS-says. It's you verses a manual, which means you're wrong and it's right.

Except pretty much everyone who had a name DID it, evade them that is. It wasn't just something specific to Setsuna and the 00 Raiser, or being in Trans-Am.

Rau's shit because Kira dodged his DRAGOONs? We clearly saw his perception, and reflexes at work.

ReGZ, Amuro never really engaged Char's funnels with the Nu. He had his own to counter Char's. Everyone got a hard on about Char's and Amuro's remotes dueling it out, ya' know.

DRAGOONs = Funnels = Fangs

The only difference is how they're controlled; DRAGOON's use quantum communication, Funnels use Psychic waves or whatever and...whatever the fuck Fangs use they use.

31. Zetta Banned

Hahahahaha.

Apparently Gilbert Durandal, the fucking chairman of ZAFT and villain of Destiny is a worse source than Gunpla Manuals.

You're hilarious.

32. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

The Providence's DRAGOONs are different from the Legend's and Strike Freedom's Super DRAGOONs, so yeah.

33. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

Providence is piloted by a Newtype Rau and the Legend by Rey Za Burrel so yeah they'll be different from Kira's a non-Newtype.

34. Sephiroth Titan

Nope, not a newtype, even Lightmaster knows it. :awesome

35. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Woah. You somehow read in that pretty fucking general statement that they're computer controlled? You're some kind of guy, I mean... I must have missed where he mentioned specifically how the pilot controls them with the new system. Instead of just saying it had been improved so anyone can use it...yep. Missed it.

36. Utopia Realm Love me?

I find it funny how your trying to turn away evidence that is sitting in your lap. Please re-read Zetta's post on episode 36 pal.

37. LightMaster Gundam Educator

What evidence, are you talking about what Durandal said? That doesn't say anything toward them being automated, the Quantum System would be the Quantum Communication system, as in how the Mobile Suit and DRAGOON communicate. It being easier does not mean it's automated, nor does Durandal imply such a thing. A model kit manual for the Providence ZAKU clearly states that the control system is mental, and it uses the same system as the Legend, and Strike Freedom.

So unless Durandal says or actually implies automation...

38. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

X

X

X

Hey Look! One of them is not the same as the others!. We know the La Flaga are Newtypes as per Word of God so Rey is excused.

39. LightMaster Gundam Educator

You've brought nothing new to the discussion, since... the one that's said to be controlled via thought IS the new one. Since it's the one the Providence ZAKU uses, the new easier one. So I'm still wondering where this concrete statement of automation is, the manual clearly states control via thought... no one has been able to provide a clear statement of automation.

This is of course because such a thing doesn't exist. Because the show doesn't go that deep into the DRAGOON system ever.

40. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

You mean I did'nt prove Kira was using Dragoons for dummies and you're just putting your hands on your ears and ignoring it? I was under the impression that was our argument. If I'm wrong then please forgive me, BTW I consider MAHQ>Your fanboysim, I'll trust them over you anyday.

41. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Oh, I thought you were trying to say somehow he didn't do the brunt of the work with his DRAGOON's and the computer did it all or some such unsupported nonsense. He was using the newer system which anyone could use, still all thought controlled mind you.

And what fanboyism, it's not fanboyism when it's written in something released by Bandai. Unless something more official contradicts what it says of course. In which case I'll have to concede the point.

42. skiboydoggy DYNAMIC GENERAL GUARDIAN

Kira doesn't have expanded spatial awareness. There's no way he could have done fancy DRAGOON tricks with his mind, since you know, without expanded spatial awareness, there's no way he could have felt for the DRAGOONs if they were not directly in his line of sight. Also, automated beam webs, as proven by stock footage.

43. Zetta Banned

Gilbert Durandal: The Legend however is a ambitious machine equiped with a new generation of the DRAGOON system which can now be used by anyone thanks to improvements in the quantum system.

I bolded the keyword here. Anyone does not mean: everyone from the Da Flaga bloodline.

Anyone means anyone. Meaning if you put in a normal federation soldier, he could do it. Put in Garrod Ran, he could do it. Put in Sai Argyle and he could fucking do it.

Did Durandal say: "It allows anyone with spatial awareness to use it"?

No, he didn't.

I like how you're trying to make it sound like the manual of the fucking Providence Zaku (which Kira never used) is more canon than something GILBERT FUCKING DURANDAL said DURING the show.

44. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

I don't even watch any Gundam shows and I know he's not

45. Darth

He's a genetically enhanced dimwit who falls for big breasted women.

I thought that it was blatantly obvious that he wasn't a newtype. He lacks the "Gar"ness level.

46. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Are you incapable of reading my whole posts, the Providence ZAKU uses the same exact system as the Legend and Strike Freedom Gundam, it's the test bed unit for the new damned DRAGOON control system. You seem to be picking up information that doesn't exist, perhaps because UC required it's non-NT control system to be heavily automated; let me clear this up for you.

This. Is. Not. UC.

You have a Durandal saying anyone can use it, which means...ANYONE can indeed use it. He doesn't say WHY, nor does he IMPLY why aside from an improvement to the communication system. You're trying to put down a clear cut statement about the system with Durandal saying ANYONE can use the system, when he doesn't say anyone can use it because the computer does all the work...or anything like that. You're basically...making shit up.

Flay and Lacus don't have particularly large busts.

47. Yohan Kokuchouin Child of the Lost Time

WOW! Even people that don't watch the shows know that he's not a newtype. You can't beat that.

48. Zetta Banned

Durandal says anyone can use it.

That means Naturals and non-newtypes too.

Do I need to get the dictionary so you understand what the hell ANYONE means?

Also, Providence Zaku manual = secondary canon.

Gilbert Fucking Durandal is in the fucking show.

I don't care what your fucking non-canon manual says. Durandal is more important.

The fact that you use manuals from Gunpla against GILBERT FUCKING DURANDAL shows that you're a tool who knows nothing about canon.

49. Tranquil Fury Thousand Eyes and One

If anyone can use it, it means even mooks can use it. Why is this so hard to understand?.

50. LightMaster Gundam Educator

Wait, what are you bunch arguing about. That anyone can use it...or that it's automated? I don't ever remember saying anyone couldn't use it, just that it's not automated. Anyone can use it =/= automated, considering the only upgrade is to the communication system...