1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Kakashi's Raikiri Vs Sasuke's Chidori

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by richmass, Oct 22, 2009.

Who has the most expertise at using Chidori/Raikiri

1. Kakashi

110 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. Sasuke

26 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Draw

13 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. richmass Active Member

I made this thread To ask you guys which variant of the chidori you like better. Kakashi's Raikiri or Sasuke's Chidori.

Standard Chidori/Raikiri

I beleive Kakashi takes this, although both of them have been shown to use Chidori without handseals, and with Kakashi's recent chakra boost in part 2 it doesn't seem like either of them will be running out of chakra using it. Sasuke has never been shown to do any decent damage to anyone with his chidori.
    Gaara - Barely hurt him
    Naruto - Did some damage, but ultimately didn't effect him. (mostly due to the nine tails chakra.)
    Raikage - Flesh wound.

Whereas Kakashi has more experience in this field, he killed haku instantly, serverly wounded Kakuzu and then killed him. Aswell as killing many other Fodder. It just seems like whereas sasuke has the ability to spam chidori at his opponents, he never really does any damage with it and ends up relying on the cursed seal aswell as his MS. Also, Kakashi's raikiri seems to be alot more powerful than Sasuke's chidori, probably due to the years of refinement.

Chidori/Raikiri Variants

I beleive this round is a draw. Sasuke has shown to be adept at using Chidori and has mastered it in a very short time (though not to an as high extent as Kakashi) and has successfully managed to create powerful variants such as
    Chidori senbon
    Chidori nakagashi (sp?)
    and his chidori katana combos

Whereas Kakashi has shown
    Double Raikiri
    Raikiri wolf
    and a raikiri clone

Although it seems like sasuke takes this, probably because of the short time and variety of the jutsu he has created, I feel as though Kakashi has a lot he hasn't shown. Raikiri has been his trademark jutsu from a very young age, and I think the reason we haven't seen more lightning varients is because he hasn't been in many fights whereas he has had to resort to using them (Such as the pein fight) and because of his wide jutsu pool he hasn't needed to.

Anyway, Discuss! And vote. I'm probably being biast towards Kakashi so it will be good to hear your oppinions on wether Sasuke has truly surpassed Kakashi at his own technique.

Edit - Who would win in a chidori vs raikiri variant fight? No other jutsu allowed except basic substitutions and clones

2. ?_Camorra_? All ur chicken belongs to me

Kakashi's Raikiri is ranked S in the DB while Sasuke's Chidori is A-rank like all of his other variations,so there is a big difference.Also Kakashi's Chidori can cut a lightning bolt in half while Sasuke's strongest Raiton jutsu is a lightning bolt :zaru

3. Ninpo-Otaku Active Member

Kakashi created it before sharingan. He's a raiton stud.

4. richmass Active Member

True :L Sasuke had the sharingan to help him learn Chidori whereas Kakashi developed it himself before ataining the sharingan.

5. Naruuby Proud ex-owner of Kyuubi

Good question. But the answer is no one and nothing.

6. richmass Active Member

How can you expect Sasuke, a teenage nin to compare with adult ninjas who have been alive for nearly twice as long as he has, It's a complement comparing him to them in the first place. Itachi gave sasuke his sharingan techs, you can't expext Sasuke to surpass him overnight. Kakashi developed Raikiri on his own and has been using it alot longer than Sasuke. This thread aint bashing Itachi Jr, I was expecting mixed oppinions.

7. Harry Balzac Banned

8. wat Njet, cyka bljat votka stalingrad

Yeah. He really wanted to advance the "let me be all freaky like a snake" technique.

It's because Sasuke hasn't had an excellent sensei as far as jutsu. He's mostly self-taught in a lot of his endeavors, something that he had long exceeded Naruto and Sakura in. Learning the Uchiha fireball technique before he graduated the Academy, developing his variations on chidori, Ameterasu, Susanoo.

Isn't that enough?

9. richmass Active Member

Sasuke Surpassed Itachi in Ameterasu Usage. And Will most likely surpass him in sharingan genjutsu aswell. Anyway, lets stay on topic.

10. On and On &#32

This is retarded. Kakashi developed the ninjutsu and had been using it since Sasuke's age as a jonin. He later developed Raikiri, which is S-rank, while Chidori is A-rank. Clearly, Kakashi's is better. It's the same jutsu, but at different levels and different names pretty much.

Read the manga.

11. Kam1na Master Of The Four Elements

Exacly there are the same information on the databook.Raikiri a S-rank improved version of A-rank Chidori.

12. richmass Active Member

But this thread is for comparing the VARIANTS that they have both created, I think it's pretty obvious in terms of power Kakashi's Raikiri takes it.

13. Kam1na Master Of The Four Elements

Sasuke have Chidori Needles,Chidori Current and Chidori Sharp Spear and Kakashi have Lighting Clone and Lighting Hunt i think he show a jutsu similar to Sasuke's Chidori current so i think Kakashi variants are also more powerfull.

14. perman07 Per ler mer

Yeah, having to learn ninjutsu from Orochimaru - probably the guy who knew the most ninjutsu in the world - Sasuke really had no help in the ninjutsu department:notrust

15. wat Njet, cyka bljat votka stalingrad

Exactly. Look all that good "all that ninjutsu" did for Orochimaru?

And for Sasuke?

It's pointless, it was a random ambition Orochimaru had, for purposes of fighting, why would you ever use anything other than your elemental affinity? Just so you have more ridiculous fodder mud clones to show on the anime?

Now if Orochimaru was teaching him nothing but kinjutsu, then we have a slightly different story, because that was Oro's specialty, but...

1. Why expand on jutsus that aren't powerful compared to variants of one's own affinity

2. Why would Oro be teaching Sasuke all these powerful techniques to help him overcome Orochimaru, when it's clear that Sasuke has essentially learned no new jutsus from Orochimaru

All of Sasuke's ninjutsu has been based off his own customizations to the chidori and LOLSHARINGAN.

16. On and On &#32

Kakashi's Raikiri wolf is stronger than any of Sasuke's Chidori variants, as it is S-rank.

And Kakashi said he can copy spatial composition up to the A-rank level during the Wind Training arc (when Yamato is explaining elements, I think), so any Chidori variant Sasuke could use Kakashi could copy, except maybe Nagashi from his body.

The only other Raiton Sasuke has over Kakashi is Kirin.. which is lightning.. which Kakashi cut in half with Raikiri. Plus Kakashi has Raiton kagebunshin.

On paper Kakashi is the better raiton user, Sasuke just uses them more.

17. the_symbol_of_rebirth Active Member

Where Sasuke took his chidori variations to a higher level, Kakashi has more skill when using it. Just look at when he "killed" Kakuzu the first time, that was just pure skill.

18. On and On &#32

^ he was lying in wait. That was pure opportunity. Any ninja should be able to.

19. Kam1na Master Of The Four Elements

Its was a sneak attack that has nothing to do with the power of his lighting ninjutsu.

20. Time Expired Banned

I typically favor Kakashi too. :lmao

Sasuke uses this all the time - I actually think it's his most versital jutsu. I was amazed that he cut right through eight tail's tentacle like that. He's fast to fall back on this jutsu.

They both use it in extremely interesting ways, but it's Kakashi's jutsu and he never fails to impress.

21. TheLazyShadow Member

Kakashi's is better by far.

Sauce copied a well trained version of Kakashi's own.

Besides why are you not count out Kakashi's own potential. He created a Mangekyou sharingan from a sharingan that was installed in him. Where was the best friend he had to kill?

Yeah, Kakashi is bad ass

22. the_symbol_of_rebirth Active Member

Thats what I said. Sasuke has more powerfull but Kakashi uses his better.

23. -ScRaTcH- Naruto Warrior.

Sasuke Has mastered Chidori to length Kakashi would only ever dream of.

24. Kitsukaru ̣<b> <font color="#FF1F00">Kage Bunshin?!</font></

The poll speaks the truth.

25. Harry Balzac Banned

26. CM Pope The Holy Father

Kakashi Raikiri's Haku...big mess.
    Kakashi Raikiri's Kakuzu...big mess.

Sasuke Chidori's Gaara...flesh wound.
    Sasuke Chidori's Killerbee...shocked, but unscathed.

The winner here is clear.

27. Air D Thaw, Frigid Heartbeat

Kakashi's Raikiri can kill in a heartbeat while Sasuke's is a little under developed. Yes, Sasuke has made many versions of his Chidori, but since Kakashi made it and has been perfecting it for many years, he'll take this hands down.

28. ソラのシン-사마 ѕєχу кєувℓα∂є мαѕтєя

Kakashi created it when he was 13 without Sharingan.

Sasuke is 16 with MS.

29. ソラのシン-사마 ѕєχу кєувℓα∂є мαѕтєя

Do you not read?

Raikiri is S-Class.

Chidori is A-Class.

Why even bother saying otherwise?

30. Kam1na Master Of The Four Elements

We talk about who is more skilled in the use of Chidori/Raikiri Kakashi or Sasuke.

31. Harry Balzac Banned

32. Nois eternal otter-kun

I was wondering, can Kirin be treated as a chidori variant?:huh

If the choice is restricted to the basic variants then Kakashi wins this in my book.

33. KamuiEyes Son of the White Fang

While Sasuke has shown some impressive chidori variants... he never shows them put to good use. Kakashi on the other hand knows when and where to attack with his raikiri and raikiri variants... So whether or not Sasuke's chidori/variants are more powerful(Which they're not, S-rank>A-rank) He lacks the skill to use them as Kakashi does... With finesse, talent, and timing.

34. Creator ♥Tsunade's Husband♥

I say Kakashi's. Sasuke may have some more variations but Kakashi is still better since his been using it since he was a teen.

So Kakashi > Sasuke. End of the thread.

I would say Sasuke's kirin can be split in half by Kakashi's Raikari.

35. Creator ♥Tsunade's Husband♥

He redirects the lightening. Kakashi > Lightening Bolt. Kakashi > Kirin. :noworry

36. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

There's no way to know unless we actually see both of them clash with it.

37. ? &nbsp;

QFT

it's pretty much canon raikiri >>>chidori.

38. Creator ♥Tsunade's Husband♥

He uses Chidori to attract and redirect.

39. KamuiEyes Son of the White Fang

Or he just needs to be smarter when it comes to how he uses his jutsu's, and perhaps learn when it is necessary and when it will work on what opponent. I don't see this happening though, and there's no way Sasuke will ever be as smart as Kakashi when it comes to fast thinking and tactics in the middle of a battle. He's to headstrong and hastily rushes in before analyzing situations.. :nod

40. hatakashi copy Ninja

kakashi's affinity is lighting sazuke's isnt

41. Zugzwang assistant deputy backupcourier

It is kind of Kakashi's patented move.

42. perman07 Per ler mer

Concerning Kirin vs. Raikiri:
    1. Gai said Kakashi once supposedly "cut" through lightning.
    2. Kirin is lightning guided by it's user, it's power is dependent on the clouds, not the user's power.

This is how Sasuke's Kirin looked:
    Spoiler:

X

If Kakashi received something like that, even if he did "cut" it, he would be in the middle of a gigantic lightning bolt.

I think Kakashi would die from a Kirin even if Raikiri can cut through lightning. Or Raikiri will only reduce the damage. There is no getting away from that.

43. KamuiEyes Son of the White Fang

Sasuke isn't that smart in battle... He rushes in expecting a cakewalk and never thinks ahead of his opponent. Against Itachi he just tried technique after technique hoping one would kill him... Against Raikage he just... used Susano'o... and that's it... He did okay against Deidara... but that's one battle. Kakashi is always outsmarting his opponents and using his attacks cleverly and sparingly. Maybe if Kakashi wasn't always going up against godlike opponents people would pay more attention to his tactics and less on his recovery.

44. NarutoIzDaMan The legacy lives on

What EXACTLY is the difference between the two anyway? I mean really, I know that Raikiri is "supposed" to be S-rank and all, but it's effects and drawbacks are pretty much IDENTICAL to chidori. Both jutsus can pierce through almost anything, and that's about it I guess. I really don't see what the big difference is between the two.

45. KamuiEyes Son of the White Fang

Power I guess. Kakashi's main affinity is for lightning and Sasuke's is for fire. Perhaps that makes Kakashi's more powerful because he handles the lightning better and has had much more time to perfect it.

46. KamuiEyes Son of the White Fang

Thanks for proving my point. People like you just ignore the contents of a fight and look at the end result. Not like Sasuke would have beaten Pain or Itachi.

47. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Advisor

If we are limiting this comparision to just the Chidori and Raikiri, I'd like to give Kakashi the benefit of the doubt and assume his Raikiri is not only stronger(mark me down as one of those that suspect that there's either a higher concentration of chakra, and/or a higher level of spatial recomposition used with Kakashi's Raikiri), but that he can use it more effectively due to his experience with the technique... Despite the fact that there has hardly been any difference between the way they've used these techniques, or their rate of success--contrary to what others have said in this thread.

That said, the examples used in the OP neglect to mention that Naruto and Gaara's Jinchuuriki abilities played a part in overcoming the damage they sustained from Sasuke's Chidori, or the fact that the Raikage was enveloped in a dense armor of lightning-composed chakra that was even able to deflect the "unstoppable" Kusanagi no Tsurugi: Chidorigatana. Haku didn't have anything to stop Kakashi from striking his vitals with the Raikiri like Naruto did--in fact, he threw his body directly in front of Kakashi's Raikiri, intent on sacrificing himself for the sake of protecting Zabuza. The Doton-based defense Kakuzu made use of when he was struck by Kakashi's Raikiri was weak to Raiton to begin with.

But if we're talking overall use of Raiton Ninjutsu...

Sasuke:
    • Chidori
      • Chidori Nagashi
      • Chidorigatana
      • Chidori Eisou
      • Chidori Senbon
    • Kirin

Kakashi:
    • Raikiri
      • "Double Raikiri"
      • "Raikiri Wolf"
    • Raiton Kage Bunshin

A full-body defense, weapon augmentation, ranged projectiles, a large-scale AoE attack, manipulation of lightning-composed chakra within his body to defend against attacks aimed at vital areas--I would have to say that Sasuke has displayed a much more diverse arsenal of Raiton Ninjutsu, and we have yet to see another Raiton Ninjutsu comparable to the power and scale of the S-Rank Kirin.

Some people here would like to think that these would be easy pickings for any competent Shinobi with an affinity for lightning-composed chakra, especially Sharingan-wielding Raiton user like Kakashi. But the same could be said for Sasuke and most of the Raiton Ninjutsu we've seen Kakashi, and other Raiton users dealing with.

The trap he set up for Kakashi during the Survival Training in Part 1. Using Sharingan Soufuusha Sannotachi against Orochimaru to limit his movements and catch him by surprise with a Ryuuka. Taking advantage of Chidorigatana, Chidori Eisou, and Deidara's own mines to neutralize his C2. The multi-step combination of rigged Ningu, high ranking Ninjutsu(Chidori and Raikou Kenka), and the set up for Kirin(which also took advantage of the opponent's technique) against Itachi.

He certainly isn't as tactically sound as Kakashi. Or maybe it would be better to say he isn't nearly as consistent due to his emotions. But more often than not, he's pretty sharp in a fight, just as long as he stays calm and collected.

Not to say that Sasuke, or any Ninja shouldn't follow Kakashi's example, but... Kakashi can't actually afford to be reckless like that. Every single move of his counts, especially if he's using the Sharingan, or a lot of Raikiri. Even with his improved reserve of chakra, they drain him too fast. Every technique, every sliver of chakra counts.

48. On and On &#32

This too :amazed

Kakashi can copy any Chidori variant, as they're all A-rank, and he claims to be able to copy spatial composition to the A-rank level in the Wind Training Arc. Plus, his Raikiri is better, can cuts through lightning itself. The only Raiton that would beat Kakashi is Kirin, and not even because of it's power, but because it's so fast, minus prep time.

I still like Kakashi's abilities better. RKB was the shit.

49. tapsiloglog extraordinarily ordinary

and here i thought all his techniques are either copies/branched off/supplied from other's jutsu.

must have imagined that he learned chidori from kakashi, amaterasu and susano from itachi, puking-self thing jutsu from orochimaru, taijutus thing from lee.. etc.

hmmn. i must have been reading the wrong manga.

50. SageNarutoPwns Active Member

take sasuke's strongest raiton jutsu 'kirin'. Thats lightning and from part 1 we all know that kakashi can cut lightning. kakashi > sasuke in raiton