1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Itachi VS Jiraiya

Discussion in 'Manga Battledome' started by 火影ナルト, May 16, 2008.

Jiraiya VS Itachi - who would win?

1. Jiraiya wins

155 vote(s)
    45.1%
  2. Itachi wins

163 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. Commit suicide

26 vote(s)
    7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 火影ナルト friends

LOL - art of run was because Itachi is good and loves Konoha

Right then, could Jiraiya handle Susanoo?

Vote now!!!

2. Aeon To Boldy Go

Jiraiya wins

3. iander Active Member

Ive never thought Itachi was Jiraiya level and I never will. He was really strong but not that strong.

4. CrystalCypher Custom User Title

Itachi. There's really no more argument that says that Jiraiya > Itachi with the revelations that we just read.

5. Kal Active Member

Jiraiya is the most overrated character in the history of NF.

6. americaoffline Cat likes Cake.

Well, Itachi would never harm J-man with the revelations we have now.

But if he did, Itachi would win with his epic summon and artifacts, if he didn't thou... that'd be hard to decide.

7. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

Itachi. He handled Orochimaru like he was nothing. And it's now blatantly obvious that Itachi was looking for every possible excuse to run from Konoha shinobi and fail to capture Naruto. Kisame thought that Itachi could take Jiraiya, but Itachi downplayed his own abilities so that he could justify trying to trick Jiraiya instead of fighting him directly.

8. camus Absolute Zero

I like itachi, but the J-man is in his own level.

9. Lezard Valeth Banned

Jiraiya wins without hermit mode.

10. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

For the last time they kill each other.

But for you Jiraiya supporters why hasn't anyone mentioned a Swamp of the underworld+Food cart destroyer combo?

It really depends on how far apart they are.

11. ~rocka Baking Bread~

Well to me Itachi > Jiraiya, because Itachi could own Oro like its nothing and Oro and Jiraiya arent too far from each other in strength.

And if you use the excuse that Itachi said that both Kisame and him would die along with Jiraiya fighting each other then i would like to see that page cuz i have been looking for it and cant find it, only in the anime.

12. Yamata no Orochi Active Member

Itachi. If people could only overlook their love for the Jman..

13. cele S-class artist

absolutely and with no doubt, Jiraiya!!!!!

14. Agony the GazettE

itachi wins with susanoo.all of his attack are in an instant.

15. itachi21 Active Member

A guy who is strong enough to destroy Orochimaru in two panels must necessarly be at least at Jiraiya's level.
    To say the contrary is absolutely non-sense

16. itachi21 Active Member

Nuff said.

That was exactly my theory(and the theory of numerous guys in NF) back then.

I used to think that before his fight against Pein but in this fight ,he impressed me greatly.
    This said,i still think he is overrated.

17. ui_gui Active Member

LOL PEIN >>>>>>> ITACHI, would have been killed by Jiraiya. Oro is a weak fool, who would be pwned by Jiraiya any given day.

Jiraiya destroys Itachi in Hermit mode.

18. Trent Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker

Jiraya was pwned by Oro.

Between Jman and Itachi I'd say Itachi if he immediately uses Tsukiyomi and finishes Jiraya before he uses Hermit mode.

19. ui_gui Active Member

WHEN???

JMan escapes Genjutsu. and pwns tired Itachi; that is if Itachi could put JMan in a Genjutsu.

20. Euraj StraightOuttaJakku

This is a silly argument. Unless you've got some hax'd Sealing Jutsu yourself, defeating Susano-O is impossible... That's why I assume they'd go around it and try to put the user to sleep instead.

Itachi owned Deidara like nothing, yet Sasuke couldn't and he and Itachi weren't too far from each other in strength. Flashback fights save panel space.

21. HumanWine Tis' not pee

This is why Jiraiya is overrated. The Jiraiyawank faggotry has surpassed the filth that is Uchiha.

22. Legendarywun Masterpiece

Well from what we have read now, i am willing to admit that Itachi and Jiraiya might come a draw.

To those people who base Jiraiya's strength according to how well Oro did against Itachi, you are utter and complete retards.... The skills that Jiraiya showed us in his fight against Pein allows us to assume that the J would have done much better than Oro. Detection barrier, frog song, frog stomach barrier, "kick to the face", a "real" katon etc. Oro on the other hand has not shown us anything that could reduce the likeliness of him getting one hit pwned like he's always gotten from Itachi....And don't make me mention Hermit mode too.

Like i said after readin this chapter and finding out who Itachi really was and what his true intentions were, i feel that we still had not seen his true potential. Which is why i now think that the J and Itachi would have probably came to a draw if they had battled. Who knows, maybe a blood lusted Itachi was far stronger than we even thought....

23. Sh4r|ng4n Is by FAR the best

Just like Orochimaru, Jiraiya couldn't even deal with the regular, 3 tomoe sharingan.

Or are you saying that Jiraiya >>> Orochimaru by a long shot?

24. Legendarywun Masterpiece

When did this fantasy happen?

and no, i am not saying that Jiraiya was stronger than Oro in that argument, what i meant in that post was that Jiraiya's abilities were better suited to take on Itachi. How ever i do believe the J was stronger than Oro though.

25. Fay

Itachi wins.

26. Sh4r|ng4n Is by FAR the best

Poor choice of words on my part, sorry for missleading you.

I was trying to point out that most likely, Jiraiya couldn't even deal with 3 tomoe sharingan.. I believe that Orochimaru was the superior sannin and even he proved himself helpless against sharingan.

Anyway...

When it comes to Itachi, I trully believe that from what we've seen so far, amongst living... No person without an advanced eye could take him down. At least noone currently alive.

27. Kitsukaru ̣<b> <font color="#FF1F00">Kage Bunshin?!</font></

Jiraiya.

~狐翼 Winged Kitsune

28. UltimateDeadpool Steam Danger Tyrant

Holy hell, why is there someone asking this question every time Itachi's name is mentioned??? Is this like a drinking game or something?!

29. Sasuke rip

Itachi would stomp him.

Zetsu was complaining that Pein took too long taking down Jiraiya while he was sweating his ass off saying Itachi was invincible.

In Zetsu we trust.

30. Sasuke_Bateman ?

Orochimaru did defeat Jiriaya back in the day

31. LiveFire Banned

I see no way of Jiraiya beating Susano-o or even Amaterasu.

32. Nodonn Battlemaster of the Tanu

Lee also completely stomped Sasuke into the ground back in the day.

Lee >>>>> Sasuke amirite?

33. Sasuke_Bateman ?

Leed also stomped Naruto too.

So Lee >>>> Naruto + Sasuke

34. Nodonn Battlemaster of the Tanu

We must all respect the god that is Lee.

35. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

Itachi wins IMO. cmon..Jiraya is overrated..he is/was a likeable character due to his persona and also strong..but i do believe Itachi was stronger.

36. Sasuke_Bateman ?

Do what you must.

37. B.o.t.i Active Member

J-mans taking this it does'nt even matter about susnanowa cause when the frog song is on what you gonna do???? Nothing you gone die bitch & pure combat wise j-man would own itachi.

The best itachi had in his arsenal was dbz kunai throwing.
    Ms is garbage no its just average really thats why ems was made.

tsuki got beat by will of hate & chakra burst from cs is just a mere genjutsu.
    Amatersu got beat by kawamari lol.

Susanowa is really not that strong it has a shield for a reason it does'nt want to get hit & this ultimate defence crap when will you ever learn.Also j-man could sink it its really only as strong as itachi's chakra really which is'nt much.

Ms & ems are overated Shodai already proved this.
    Ems just looks like shit already & it has'nt even been shown lmao.

What are you talkling about??? J-man confirmed his only been in near death situation twice when tsuande damaged him for peeping & when naruto when kn4 for the first time.

38. Zabuzalives Active Member

sigh...stop acting like Itachi was so much stronger then oro.

We saw very little of the flashback fight. Did Oro go for the body-switch...how did he survive while also taking his hand with?

The latest revival, Oro took that hit cause he is mr regeneration/body shedding.
    he smiled and laughted as he asked if itachi thought this level of attack would do him in...only to discover it was some sort of spiritual sealing sword.

Now Jiraiya obviously doesnt fight like Oro. He cant take on massive attacks head on and just regenerate or switch bodies.

If he would dodge Susanoo, which frankly doesnt seem to be that fast considering its size. He has several options to handle Susanoo. REmember that in Hermit mode, Jiraiya has more then enough speed.

1. outlast it. Look at how much it takes on Itachi and how slow Itachi moves at this time. A temporary withdraw might be usefull, Itachi cant keep it on the whole time. also swamp might delay itachis movements even more.
    2. Frog genjutsu. Sound passes through, seeing how Itachi hears and others hear him.

Jiraiya also has some large area of effect jutsus which will prove handy to hold people off.

To use Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu, Itachi needs to prepare, it cant be used instantly.

Just look at how Kakashi was able to detect Itachi using Tsukiyomi, shout a warning, and for the other jounin to have time to react. All before Itachi used it.

his use of kage bunhsins are great against sharingan, and his summons offer him the extra pressure, and avoiding the 1vs1 situations that are so disadvantageous against sharingan users (Chiyo's words).

Y sharingan can control summons. But a disrupted flow is easily spotted if your sitting on top of the frog.

Jiraiya also has the radar barrier, which lets him detect movement without having to rely on sight. Ma has the tongue that can rely on smell it seems.

With things like the frog stomach costing Itachi an amaterasu to survive, i can see Jiraiya outlasting Itachi. WHo has a limited chakra supply, while Jiraiya just seems to spam powerful jutsus non stop.

The only problems are, getting hermit mode. With hermit mode, jiraiya gains 2 allies which can detect a disrupted chakra flow, attack from more angles, even detach themselves. He also gets the speed where he's lacking in normal form, with far superior strength compared to itachi as well.

however, he needs time to cast it, but will itachi spare him that time?? hes fast.

Jiraiya could hide inside his barrier to buy him time to attain hermit mode. But will he able to get rid of itachi with this? Or withdraw, use frog stomach, have Itachi escape while remaining in it to perform hermit mode.

Amaterasu also poses problems. Unless he ahs some sort of body substitute like Oro, he would have to hope he could trick itachi into using it on a kage bunshin.

he might buy himself some time by summoning obstacles. +what did he learn from sealing the flames?

all in all, i give this to Itachi's favor though. If he pressures Jiraiya its hard to obtain hermit mode, and he needs to trick Itachi with kage bunshin to survive amaterasu. And itachi doesnt seem that easily tricked.

39. Garfield ​⁠​

Redundant answer to redundant thread:

We can't tell they've never fought one another. We dunno what Susanoo's weaknesses are. We've seen it only briefly :zaru

40. in_exile New Member

lol Itachi vs Jiraiya thread everyweek

Itachi would win. Itachi can pwn oro in seconds as he did twice. Cant see why he cant do the same to jiraiya and we dont even noe how well jiraiya is against the sharingan.

41. Obrysii Seeking the Samsara Eyes

By Itachi's own admittance, Jiraiya is stronger.

Do you remember when Kisame and Itachi were looking down at Jiraiya and Naruto walking? Kisame said that Jiraiya would be able to defeat him, but not Itachi. Itachi replied that, no - if a fight between Itachi and Kisame vs. Jiraiya, the best they could hope for would be a draw.

As well, hasn't it already been proven that Orochimaru lost to Itachi because he tried to do the body swap?

X
    X
    X

"It's happening again" seems to imply that Orochimaru was trying to do the body swap on Itachi, but Itachi stopped it - and took that opportunity to defeat the former.

42. in_exile New Member

these words by itachi dont mean anithing now that we noe the truth about itachi.

43. MUSOLINI Banned

jiraiya couldnt even beat sasuke if he wanted to, let alone itachi. totally unnecesarry thread.

44. Luiz Well-Known Member

Wrong section. Anyway,what does Itachi being a good boy have to do with the shit? :wha

Ahahahahahahahahuhahahuhu!! Huhu...

*Breeds*

Thanks for the laugh man. Gotta love ya. :suave

45. Nodonn Battlemaster of the Tanu

Those words do mean something. Itachi also could've said something like ''fighting him will draw too much attention''.

46. MikeDelfino Kisame fanboy

I think that itachi would have a clear victory on this one. His doujutsus would kill jiraya in a matter of seconds!

47. pirat10fc Banned

Jiraiya went agaisnt a formidable oponnent (pein possible final boss) and did pretty good. So I say at least he tied or kill itachi.

48. in_exile New Member

Why would itachi say something like that wen he is likely to no very little of jiraiyas power. plus he was wit kisame why would he not be confident against him.

He showed absolutely no fear for oro why would he wit jiraiya wen oro was known to be superior one.

Only reason itachi said that was to completely avoid fighting jiraiya.

49. Hamaru Semi-Active

If you recall, Itachi didn't even want to fight Asuma, Kurenai, or Kakashi. The last thing he wanted to do was kill members of the Leaf and if he got into a fight with Jiriaya someone would have to die.

50. Luiz Well-Known Member

Completely avoid? So,there was a chance Kisame would disagree and want a fight there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.