1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Itachi killed his girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by jayjay³², Jul 20, 2012.

1. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I was re-reading some chapters and apparently when Itachi murdered the clan with Tobi, he also made the sacrifice of killing his girlfriend! I completely overlooked this...

Spoiler:
    X

I checked other translations and this holds true, he had a girlfriend. She is never mentioned again. What do you guys think? Shisui possibly?

For the sake of the village, yo. :blinditachi

2. MangekyouLollipop Sweet Uchiha

Hahaha... I noticed this, too. I don't think she will ever be shown. Or if she will be, it will be in sasuke's memories, if he knew her.

But maybe she isn't dead and itachi saved her and madara is training her in secret for the war loool. You never know!

Naaaah, kidding. I had an OC which was itachi's girlfriend that is mentioned here. I don't think it's possible.

3. Fay

Well yes, he did. It also means his girlfriend was an Uchiha. I wonder why Sasuke never flashbacked to her? My only explanation would be that Kishi last minute added it so that Itachi's situation would seem more tragic.

4. Rain Banned

If he says girlfriend, then it can't be Shisui. :geg

5. Flow hahahahaha

Yeah, he also killed babies/children.

Itachi made a fucked up decision.

6. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

all i know is that his girlfriend is an uchiha :/

7. Uchiha Ancestor Member

Why she has to be an Uchiha? Theres no evidence at all. Everybody had to die, how knew about the coup d'?tat, or Itachi.

8. Legendary Swordsman TAR 21 Marksman

She was a uchiha,itachi had to murder is clan.

9. Chuck &#32

or maybe his girlfriend committed suicide and Itachi was simply framed :maybe

10. Mider T VM Rapist

Bad translation. It said lover. It could have been Shisui.

11. Andrew Jesus is the Savior

Source is right here:
    X

And here:

X

Its a mistranslation, it was suppose to say 'his lover.'

Since Itachi gave Sasuke one final genjutsu of what happened that very night, it didn't show anything about his girlfriend.

12. Rain Banned

But we know he didn't kill Shisui.

13. Oga Tatsumi Retired

Tobi is a liar.
    Itachi's lover commited suicide and all we know who's Itachi lover.

14. Revolution Uchiha

Think Itachi even had time to make a lover during the whole scenario?

15. BroKage Active Member

Shisui killed himself. :ippy

16. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

When I saw this thread, the first thing I thought was that I was skimming through library archives from 4 years ago.

17. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

Itachi gave that bitch a kunai to the back...

...bitches love taking it from the back :blinditachi

18. Kusa Well-Known Member

Itachi haters want to think it was a guy,Itachi fanboys want to think he was a pimp who fucked all the chicks.

Neither of them is most likely true.She was just mentioned to make Itachis story more tragic like Fay said.Kishi himself doesnt probably know how she looked,how old she was and her personality.He probably doesnt give a shit.

19. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

@Justice- Mangaka generally have a number of characters they've drawn well before they make an appearnce...and some never make it in...

20. Uzamaki Nagato Agent of Justice

First of all, I'd like you to explain something.

What makes you believe that Shisui used to be Itachi's girlfriend?

Because, quite simply, that's impossible. Shisui is a guy, not a girl, and from what we've seen and heard, the dude is clearly older than Itachi, to the point that our favorite (or least favorite) Uchiha even considered and looked up to him as an older brother. I also really doubt that Kishimoto could ever make Itachi gay.

If that happened, no jokes, here would be a lot of people, myself included, that'd actually start to dislike Itachi. Itachi is one of my favorite characters by far, even in spite of his numerous amoral decisions and methods (though his intentions were noble), but if he turned out to be gay, that'd change.

I'd drop him sooner than I'd drop a flaming book that's in my hands.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  21. Mider T VM Rapist

^Maybe if you read the thread you'd know.

22. Suigetsu Crowned of Starlight

This was his GF:
    X

23. ItachiNamikaze Member

Loving the maturity on this forum. I mean its obvious itachi was screwing Shisui. I feel like im back in highschool

24. emmy-lou .

Seconded.

Yes, it said lover.

We're not sure if the feelings were mutual.

:kaga

25. Jaime Lannister Kingslayer

He was thirteen. Him having a "lover" to begin with is sketchy wording.

26. Bane Active Member

Your signature. I like it. I didn't take Itachi to be the type to have a girlfriend though :LOS

27. PikaCheeka wants to believe

It's people like this that kind of make me hope Itachi was gay. :lmao

Kishi never stated explicitly the gender because it doesn't matter. Maybe you should take the hint.

28. BeBreezy ?\_(ツ)_/?

There's no way she wasn't an Uchiha. Why would Tobi mention her if she wasn't? Itachi only killed his clan, not other innocent Konoha civilians. If she wasn't an Uchiha, how would she know about the coup d'etat in the first place? And please don't say "Itachi could have told her," because the man could keep his mouth shut tighter than Danzo's Root lapdogs.

29. Rain Banned

Gay in Shonen? :distracted
    Ain't gonna happen bros.

30. Uchiha Ancestor Member

I suppose, his "Lover" or "gf" was not an idiot. She could have noticed Ita's personal change. You cant lie somebody how knows everything about you as a person.

31. Flow hahahahaha

It's sad that someone could drop an anime character over finding out they are sexually attracted to the same sex.

Besides looking at someones sexual preference, look towards what they did that caused you to like them.

I'm not an Itachi fan by any means, but that's a retarded reason to stop liking a character. I started disliking Itachi because of some of the decisions he made. Not who he was attracted to.

32. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Because relationships between 12-13-year-olds are just that well-developed, huh? :zaru

The so-called-lover probably never existed, and even if they did, they sure as hell are never going to be important. I never understood why people get so hung up over it.

That sentence only exists to feed fangirls' dreams of yaoi and/or self-insert Mary Sues. It is kind of funny how it makes the anti-gay Itachi "fans" come crawling out of the woodwork whenever it's brought up though. :lmao

33. Ezekial Does want a custom title

Itachi was almost certainly gay... True story.

34. eyeknockout fear me, fodder

his lover was a senju girl, it's canon

in the next timeskip for naruto shirrenpou itachi's son shokiki uchiha will be revealed being the next rinnegan bearer

35. Jay. Love

You people realize that if he needed to kill her she was an Uchiha.

Fucking sick, incest shit.

I nearly vomitted.

36. sakuranonamida Member

it's funny when a translator chooses a translation that must satisfy him/her while it doesn't stay close to the original. Japanese said : koibito aka lover aka gender neutral, biased translator said girlfriend. Honestly I believe it was a girl (most probably some arranged marriage within the clan) but it doesn't mean the translator should go past the original and twist it in a way to fit his/her own beliefs.
    Anyways if it wasn't another lie by Tobi then yes Itachi killed his lover who was a member of the Uchiha clan, hence Uchihacest is canon!

37. Hoshigaki Kisame Monster of the Hidden Mist

Are you dumb? :giogio

38. Prince Vegeta What's the topic of discussion

Is itachi straight or bi?

39. Fay

Well, if Sasuke survives the end of the manga, the good thing will be that he defs won't be able to go the incest road ;33...

40. Kusa Well-Known Member

Why ?Why do you care about anyones Sexlife (particularly about the sex life of a fiction character :lmao)?Why is that your problem? Your sex life too boring ?:noworries.If the sex orentation of a character is so important to you then there must be something wrong with you.

Also girls like to be stabbed from the front.Its men who think women like to be stabbed from behind :maybe

41. Raiden I'm with <b><font color="#ff6600">COCO</font></b>

I thought for a second this was a bumped thread. Yes, we've discussed this quite a lot. And as the other posters said, the individual is a vivid "lover."

Since the person wasn't ever mentioned again, we can only assume that they were invented to increase the enormity of Itachi's sacrifice. From a writer's standpoint, you constantly have to make sure that readers care about what you're writing. The mangaka's intention was to reveal Itachi as a conflicted hero, and thus, humanizing him worked on both sides of the coin. First, it showed that he was an actual person, not the stoic shinobi we saw in part two.

In my view, the big mistake here was not actually saying more about the individual's identity. Imagine if we were shown a scene of affection between Itachi and lover and then him about to make that fateful decision. That's how you get people to care.

42. Uzamaki Nagato Agent of Justice

Excuse me? Are you calling me retarded?

If you are, then please, I ask you to GTFO this thread. If it's sad to you that someone could drop an anime character over finding out that they are sexually attracted to the same sex, then you could lick my shoes for all I care. But that doesn't give you the right to insult me in any way, here.

I'm pretty sure that, in this case, 'lover' meant girl.

There is no reason to assume that Shisui and Itachi were lovers.

They were like brothers. NOT LOVERS. Or can't you even understand simple, plain English? :rofl

Uh, excuse me?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with me.

Unlike some others, I don't hate Itachi just because he's invincible or always gets everything right (or wrong), which he doesn't. Also, you have no damn right to comment on my sex life, only losers do that and I'm sure you ain't a loser. You a dumb fool. Get over it son, Itachi isn't gay and you know it. :blinditachi

43. Rios Active Member

If Itachi turns out to be gay I'll like him more.

44. Rain Banned

Oh god, we are disscusing here sexual orientation of an fictional character who by the way never showed any sign of emotions for anyone outside of his family :geg

45. Rios Active Member

AND the Uchiha clan. This person was part of the clan. Ninjas grow faster than normal people. Expect the big revelation: he had a kid soon.

46. Kusa Well-Known Member

Sad isnt it ?Its even more sad to know that some would hate him because of his sexual orientation..Sad world :cry

You would hate him because of his sexual orentation,thats even worse.Just a loser would care about the sex life of a fiction character so much that he would hate the character if he had sex with someone,he didnt like to.

I dont know if he is gay or not the best thing is you dont know it either :maybe Oh I dont have the right to comment on your sex life...

too bad I already did :kaga

47. Rios Active Member

I dont see whats the problem with gay ninjas. You can already change your gender with a handseal and some smoke, just go somewhere no one knows you and unleash the beast.

48. happiholic superficial space cadet

Itachi had an underage, possibly homosexual instinctual relationship. Wonderful.

The only part of that sentence that doesn't disturb me is homosexual.

49. Mr. 0 Cleaner

Itachi: (inner monologue) "maybe I shouldn't kill my girlfriend...."

girlfriend: "Itachiiii, when are you gonna ask me to marry you? No more sex until we marry! Why aren't you making enough money? When are you gonna cut your hair? Save me Itachi! Why can't you be more like Shusui? Itachi, your father is worried about you! Itachi give me a baby right now! You want hang out with your friends? Fine, but don't expect me to cook dinner when you get home! Ewww, I'm not putting my mouth on that! I threw away your xbox, you need to be spending more time with me! ITACHI, I SAW YOU LOOKING AT ANKO!! IS THAT WHAT YOU LIKE, YOU BASTARD?!! Itachi, why don't you love me? Itachi, am I pretty? AM I PRETTY?!"

Itachi: "....nevermind"

50. maupp Faster than my Shadow

madara is gay for hashi :maybe