1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Is Sasuke evil?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Baks, Dec 16, 2008.

Is Sasuke evil?

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    60.4%
  1. Baks Active Member

Yes, I have to say that he is evil.

Sasuke has done a lot of morally wrong things in this series.

He has let himself become consumed by hatred and vengeance especially against Itachi. Kakashi was right in saying revenge doesn't lead to anything but misery and emptyness but let Sasuke choose to go down that path.

I can sorta understand why Sasuke wants revenge but I don't get why he feels he has to do it alone.

Naruto and both Saukra have offered to help with him his revenge against Itachi but he rejected them in a very harsh way imo.

Naruto did say that he feel like Sasuke was a brother to him but all he got in return was attempted murder by Sasuke in thier part one end fight.

Sakukra did tell Sasuke that he she loved him and even offered to go with him and even help out Sasuke against Itachi but all she got was punch in the face.

I don't really like the way that Sasuke has treated his friends.

Boith Saskura and Naruto where right trying to stop Sasuke doing a terrible choice by going to Oro.

Yes going to Oro was a bad choice since Oro wanted to take over Sasuke's body and destroy Konhona later. Oro even stated those intentions himself.

Its a freinds duty to point to another friend, to stop them making a terrible decision that they may regret for making thier the of thier lives. That what one of the points of being a friend is.

But Sasuke rejected his friends warnings all for the sake of his petty revenge and because of his poor choice he put everyone in danger because of his terrible error in judgement.

Thats why I don't like Sasuke to be honest because he is selfish and very narrow minded and doesn't really care for others, even the ones that where closest to him.

To people who say that Naruto is selfish, no he is not, he is more selfless than anything. Selfish people only care only about themselves.

Naruto was trying to save Sasuke from making a bad choice in order to protect him.

Sure Naruto could have done easy thing and not try to save Sasuke and get on with his life. But Naruto himself did say that he does not deserve to become Hokage if could not save his friend.

That is how much Naruto values their friendship and cares for Sasuke. He doesn’t think he could live with himself if he lets S asuke die or whatever.

The same thing goes with Sakura too, that is how much she cares for Sasuke as well.

That is one of the central points of the manga – the friendship between Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

As for Itachi, yes he is responsible for a lot of Sasuke's pain and is maybe the reason why Sasuke is the way he is now in the manga.

However that does not absolve Sasuke too. Since its Sasuke’s own choices that have made him the way he is.

Sasuke did not have to let himself become consumed with hatred and and anger and choose a path of revenge. At any time he could have let go of his hate and try to live a normal life.

Sasuke did not have to go to Oro, even if he still wanted revenge against Itachi – he could have tried talking to the Hokage and get justice that way but he did not.

He could have tried talking to his friends – Naruto and Saukura about the whole Itachi stuff instead of keeping his feelings bottled up but he did not instead of acting by himself. His friends where even willing to help with Itachi but the sad thing is that Sasuke never even considered that option.

Even if he felt that he still had to leave the village, he could have gone anywhere else else but to Oro, but Sasuke did not think and and consider any alternatives.

Sasuke did not have to try to murder Naruto. He should have realised that Naruto was only trying to help him, If Sasuke though really long and hard about it, he could have known that going to Oro was as going to be one of the worst mistakes of his life. But Sasuke has let his own desire for revenge cloud his judgement.

After Itachi’s death, Sasuke could have finally let go of his anger and hatred but again he chooses not.. He could have let go of his anger and hatred instead of listening to Madara’s probable lies and this time time directing his anger at Konoha.

He did not have to attack Killer Bee but he choose too. Even after listening to Akatsuki’s views, he could have walked away and followed a different path in life instead of letting himself be influenced by Madara.

I could go on on and about this with some more examples if I wanted too but I think you all see my point.

At nearly every important choice in his life so far, Sasuke has choosen poorly and/or wrongly, without hardly ever considering what the consequences of his could choices could be.

Also don’t give that crap that Sasuke had no choice, For that is a lie, a lie even to yourself.

Everybody has choices in life, so you should think long and hard and hard about the consequnences of those choices could lead too.

What I am trying to say is , a lot of Sasuke’s poor choices have lead him to put himself in uncessary danger and cause his friends a lot of pain and and anguish- more specifically Naruto and Sakura, the ones that care about him the most.

Sasuke has only really made two good choices so far. The first being to spare Naruto’s life. The second being for him to finally forgive Itachi.

All the other choices have been bad because Sasuke has let his bad emotions ie, anger, hate, jealously, etc cloud his judgement. Instead of being calm, collected and somewhat objective when making the choices that could effect his life forever.

You know a choice can still bee be bad even if you think you are doing it for all the right reasons. Which is ecatly the case for Sasuke, he did not think long and hard enough enough about what the conseqences of his coices could lead too.

Heck twice he has almost paid the ultimate price of these bad choices.

First off in part 1, Oro would have defintely taken over Sasuke's body where it for Naruto and the others delaying the Sound 5 guys long enough to get to Oro. Those delays forced Oro to switch over to another body and not Sasuke as he so wanted to.

So Sasuke was ironically saved by his friends and some luck by not being taken over by Oro then.

Secondly, remember the Itachi battle, the remants of Oro did come out of his body and completely consumed Sasuke.

Where it not for Itachi killing Oro's possession of himi, Sasuke again would have ultimately paid the the ultimate price for his bad choices.

Sasuke is heading down a path of self destruction, without possibly realisng what he is doing. That is why I believe that both Sakura and Naruto are right from trying to save their friend from a path of self destruction.

Also Sasuke is a killer. After all he did kill Deidara, Oro and Itachi.

I don't care whether or not if it was in self defense or not.

The bottom line is that neither Itachi and Deidara are not alive anymore and nothing can bring them back.

Also Sasuke didn't show any remorse for kiling Deidara. Also didn't have shown any remorse for killing Itachi either until Madara revealed the truth about his brother.

Sasuke sure has hell did not show any regret or remorse trying to kill Naruto and Killer Bee. It doesn't matter if he tried to capture Killer Bee at first and then later changed his mind about killing Naruto. The fact that he tried to kill both of them is very damning in itself.

The fact that he didn't succeed doesn't change the matter. His intents was to murder in both cases.

Also later in part 2 when Naruto encounters Sasuke again in Oro's lair, Sasuke again tries to kill him. Where it not for ironically Kabuto's and Oro's suggestion to let Naruto live so he can hunt down some Akatsuki members, Sasuke would have killed Naruto where it not for that.

Sorry for the long post but I felt I had to get that off my chest.

There, I posted up more or less all the reasons why I consider him to be an evil character.

2. <insert snappy name> Chidori Spammer. OVER 9000!!!!

*Wall of text crits you for <life total>*

Honestly, Sasuke isn't so much evil as he doesn't know how to think of anyone but himself. Looking at his backround, thats a simple conclusion to come to. People aren't inherently evil, the world around them molds them at a young age for the rest of their lives. Sasuke isn't someone to hate (although its tempting), he is someone to pity honestly. And not because of what he had to go through, but because his views are so twisted because of those things. Any time a goal strays away from helping others, things get worse. Sasuke thinks more and more about somehow satisfying his hunger for revenge, which was denied from Itachi, and more and more he turns down a wicked road.

3. Saint Jimmy Follow cats, they party hard!!

Yes, Sausgay is eveil and deserves to die

4. Sunabozu GB's Ghost

evil little brat. yes

5. WraithX959 I hate stupid people

Sasuke isn't evil, he's misguided. Itachi set him on the path of vengence so he could get stronger and one day become a hero for killing his brother and Madara, however the torture he put Sasuke through warped his way of thinking. Sasuke's run in with Gaara didn't help either.

Naruto was isolated and alienated because he was the Kyuubi. Sasuke isolates and alienates himself because he fears getting close to someone and losing them like he lost his family and clan. They are the same. Sasuke has to allow himself to find happiness again before he can change from his dark path. Once he realizes what he should really be fighting for, he'll change his ways. Right now he's just a dumbass.

6. Noble Avenger Champs Bitch

Sasuke is teh badz! Oh noez!

Mommy save me from this scary man who won't even kill fodder! :cry

7. MR T It's Mr T

No sasuke isin't evil

8. Turrin 玄武

Sasuke was evil at the end of part 1 and then he was saved somewhat by naruto which put him back to being more of a grey character with alot of sins in the closet, but now he is back to being full fledge evil which is much better for his character development. Later he will probably become more grey again before his final decent into darkness before his ultimate redemtion.

9. Geralt of Rivia Banned

Nope, but he's pretty much an emo attention-seeker. Also, very, very stupid.

10. Sephiroth Titan

This I agree with. :edu

11. HawkMan Active Member

Of course not, he's just goal-oriented. His purpose is to restore the Uchiha clan, and he'll stop at nothing to achieve those aims...almost nothing.

12. freetgy Active Member

i think Sasuke doesn't know he needs a girl for that :xzaru
    Sasuke is still a child in mind as he states himself.

13. Grep Kids love Grep

Kishi obviously doesn't know what he is going with Sasuke. First he wanted to restore his clan and kill Itachi. Then he totally forget about the restoring clan part. Then he found out Itachi was good and moves on to killing the entire village.

The most confusing thing is he didn't want help from people like Naruto and Sakura, who were actual competent ninjas and instead puts together a rag tag group to help him. Why the fuck would you want a shit team like Taka when you can have team 7?

Cause Sasuke could have stayed in Konoha and gotten a chance to kill Itachi, Itachi was part of a group that Konoha was fighting against.

Sasuke isn't evil, his character just makes no sense. Going to Oro was questionable, but not evil. Sasuke certainly isn't good though. A good person wouldn't be able to hang around with Oro. And that is all there is too it. He is somewhere in between.

14. Black★Star Yami no Sekai

To be honest I would call him evil but I would understand if someone didnt. He appears to be easily misguided and flip-flops on his ideals a little to easily for my liking. But hey, if I were a 15 y.o. kid with a genius bloodline and no family to smack some sense into me, I may have been no different.

15. InfectedGuy Poor Shinobi

The answer is simple ... Nope.

16. Sasuke` Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō

No. And anyone who believes he is, is silly. Sorry to say it, but that's just the way it is.

17. cloudsymph I am MELON-LORRRRD!!!!!

yea he's evil, and a fucktard too.

18. seastone A hidden

Sasuke is not evil just misguided. He still has natural kindness in him as he refuses to kill fodder, team 7 flashback and his refusal to leave Karin behind.

Sasuke will revive the clan his own way as he told to Madara.

Yes I ma sure Sasuke woudl ask help fro mthe guy who threatened to break everyone his in body to bring him back. Also Sakura assaulted him as well.

Why should Sasuke think they woudl want to help him.

Also taka is not shit. :pek

He left Konoha because he need gain power faster because the gap between Itachi and Sasuke has not become less over the years.

19. Seto Kaiba God Hand Crusher

*Sam Jackson*: Yes he is evil, and I hope he burns in hell!

20. haydenKyuubi try and touch me!

'Trying to kill (supposedly) best friend in a whim' = EVIL

21. Nadini Banned

The lil' bastard killed a lizard and that black dude, its animal abuse and racism, he also tried indirectly killing another black so the evil dudes can achieve world domination faster!
    Of course he's evil, the lil prick, he'll feel Naruto's sledgehammer of retribution soon :hurr

22. Undaunted &#3

I think that Sasuke is simply misguided, if he wanted to destroy a village other than Konoha, a lot of people would probably cheer him on. As it stands, I'm not going to pass judgment on a manga character. :awesome

23. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

He is evil, if he wasn't why would these page and cover imply that Sasuke's evil. He isn't unless you associate darkness with something other than evil in a manga..
    X
    X

:facepalm

24. Wade New Member

No he's not.

25. Gentle Fist B-Rock's Homeboy

evil? no...but he is a fickle child that isnt sure what he wants and is content on being used for the rest of his life

26. Grep Kids love Grep

Pretty much only one way to revive his clan and he complete ran away from it. If he wanted to fucking revive his clan why fight someone who could possibly kill him first?

Taka is shit I'm sorry to say. Three random ass characters put there to further hype Sasuke and make him look stronger by comparison... total shit.

What I meant is Sasuke wanted to be alone then suddenly needed a team... why the change?

I'm telling you Kishi doesn't know what he is doing with Sasuke.

27. KyuubiYondaime Heisenberg

28. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

I see what you did thar:hmm?

29. seastone A hidden

Sasuke needs to restore the honor of his clan or something like that.

Okay lets look at the "shit" charaters.

Suigetsu-Fought Kisame and lived. Took a Bijuu chakra cannon to the face and surived. How many ninjas can claim to surive such a attack?

Juugo- His CS2 gives him the abilty to change his body like turn his arms into blades, huge fists, etc. To demstrate his strenth he created a huge crator that makes Tsunades and Sakuras crators look small in comparison.

Karin-Incredibly talented chakra detector that she can scan miles away and quckily scan through a gruop of people to find a certain chakra. Her chakra cna instantly heal a person. This makes an a pretty talented suppoert ninja.

I am not saying they are the best team ever but certainly better then "shit".

He need a team to track down Itachi and prevent others from intefering once he had the power to defeat Itachi. He could hardly ask Naruto to help him due to him wanting to drag him back to Konoha.

30. Grep Kids love Grep

But what was the point of even going to Oro's? Did Oro directly train him? Other than CS he didn't even seem to give him any power. Unless he did really give him drugs. My point is that Sasuke's decision to go to Oro was just stupid, what did he gain there that he couldn't have gained in Konoha?

You telling me Kakashi, the lightning master couldn't have helped him develop lightning jutsu XD

31. HawkMan Active Member

Kishi was forced to add Hebi, which obviously required the plot to be tweaked around it. You can't really explain it easily, but Kishi has given enough reasons for Taka's formation.

32. E Active Member

it's a phase

33. seastone A hidden

X
    Yes he trained him directly.

Oro gave Sasuke power with CS1 so Sasuke assumed Oro will give him more power if he went to him. Remember at that point Sasuke put his revenge above everything else.

Sasuke is a genius. He knows how to develop his own jutsus as shown that Oro was baffled when he saw the chidori lance.

34. Dattebayo-chan License to Fangirl

I can agree on that Sasuke has done bad things, but I don't think he's evil. He just ended up on the wrong side of life so to speak. I'm sure we will see a better version of Sasuke by the end.

35. Deer_Hunter_ We Suck Young Blood

Why you wrote so much??

You could EASILY stated what I stated on...

THIS THREAD ----> X

36. Turrin 玄武

Not killing fodder tell that to the lizard and jei.

37. Quirkygrl Badass Baa-chan

Well, if you're using Neji's words it might be a good idea to put them in context.

Neji see Sasuke engulfed in darkness literally and figuratively. but Neji believes Sasuke can be saved from the darkness. X

Because Neji was saved from the darkness. X

That's the level of confidence Naruto's friends have in him, shared by Tsunade, who entrusted her necklace to Naruto because he proved her wrong.

Jaraiya tells Naruto to give up on Sasuke, like he had to give up on Orochimaru. Naruto tells him Jariaya he won't go back on his words.

Itachi tells Naruto that Sasuke's heart is pure and a blank canvass that anyone could color on. When he asks Naruto what he will do if faced with the choice between protecting Konoha or killing Sasuke, he says he'll find a way to protect Konoha without killing Sasuke. Itachi calls that a kid's pipe dream but entrusts Naruto with some of his power, just in case he needs it.

In other words, Itachi believed that Sasuke could either be saved or turn completely to the dark side at that point, and he doesn't know which. I don't think Sasuke is too far gone to be saved. Naruto's whole MO is to never give up and to overcome every obstacle thrown in his way. It worked for Neji, Gaara and Tsunade.

38. Anko-san Tokubetsu Jounin

I can't believe someone would think Sasuke evil without severe lack of reading comprehension. Even the most hardcore hater should be able to understand that much about his character, I mean, it's a shonen manga guys, it's not that complex.

Or they are just trolling.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  39. Lelouch71 Zero

Sasuke is misguided and selfish, but he's not evil. Sasuke spared the CS rejects, 1000 shinobi, shown some kindness towards his current team, and still thinks about his old one. Sasuke is way too soft-hearted to be evil. No matter how tough Sasuke tries to be he still a "nice-guy" deep down inside. Right now he's just Madara's puppet who needs to get some sense slapped into him.

Actually Kishi was "persuaded" to give them individual fights. He probably wanted to create them. He seems to like Suigetsu the most out of the 3. I wouldn't be surprised if he at least wanted Suigetsu to kill Kisame one day while ignoring Juugo and Karin.

40. Nagato Sennin Active Member

A simple answer is No

He is lost in his ways

41. Sefarian Asmodeus Requiem

Evil's too strong of a word if you ask me. I feel that despite being labeled a genius at developing techniques and strategy of battle and whatnot Sasuke is a just above being a complete dunce when it comes to interacting with and understanding other people.

Because of that, and in combination with his narrow minded obsession with revenge and what could logically be assumed was an upbringing geared towards making him into a human weapon he's easily manipulated into doing malevolent acts.

That doesn't make him evil in my book, it just makes him a sort of talking puppet or doll if you will.

But then, who knows what'll happen? When Sasuke starts, lets say, willing slaughtering people who have nothing to do with his vendetta then he'll have crossed the line between misguided and truly villainous.

42. The Imp won the game of thrones

sasuke isn't evil... just misunderstood. many people don't like what he has done and that is their opinion but not liking what he has done doesn't mean he is evil. he has yet to kill any character whether they are important or just fodder

43. Brooke Logan B&B's heroine since 1987

Pretty easy answer for me. No.

44. Noble Avenger Champs Bitch

You're fucking kidding me right. Being evil isn't some video game you turn on and off. It's a personality trait - you're either evil or you aren't. Period.

If you truly believe Sasuke to be evil after all the time he's spent taking bullets for others and sparing/saving the lives of Shinobi people who walk his path usually end without hesitation, something ain't right.

Unless these declarations of him being "evil" come from him wanting to "kill everyone in Konoha." If you believe that, all I can say is :lmao

45. Turrin 玄武

Are you serious people can become evil overtime every child starts off innocent we have seen countless examples of characters going through times where they were good and times when they were evil. Look at Orochimaru, Konan, Nagato, Sasori, etc... Sasuke is struggling with what the right choice is and thus he is going to go through many different up and down phases where he is evil and doesn't give a dam and when he cares for others until he makes his final choice to take a specific path.

No he is evil because he is helping an evil organization which wants to bring about an world war for his own selfish ends. He is evil because he hunts down innocent Jinchuriki to be sentanced to death. He is evil because he kills young summons and innocent fodder to protect his end game. He is evil because three times he has been willing to kill his best friend for getting in his way. He is evil because betrayed his own village to go with the man that killed the Third Hokage the guy who took care of him after the death of his parents and after his brother left...the man who tried to save his clan.

But most of all Sasuke is evil because he possed by revenge and willing to do anything to obtain it. A man possed with Revenge to the extent of Sasuke is very dangerous and is just like Kishimoto stated on multiple chapter covers lost in the darkness. I don't get why Uchiha fans can't except that Sasuke is evil and just be done with it. I like Sasuke because we get to see a good character make his transition from good to evil and eventually/hopefully back to good again. The way that kishi created the villain/rival Sasuke is one of the best parts of this manga for me.

46. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

Evil is relative, you can see people here don't have the same definition of Evil as others.

The intent sasuke puts behind his motives is what's important here.

trying to kill naruto was evil. Because he not only stabbed him, he tried to choke him to death. The important part of that event is the choking and the fact that he was going to do it for power. THAT is evil.

the intentions behind going to orochimaru were for power and to betray him. That is evil.

using people for your own personal gain, attempting to murder your friends for power, teaming up with men who have destroyed many live for the sake of power, is evil.

Releasing prisoners, just because. Is neither good nor evil. He didn't release them because he felt bad for them. He didn't release them so that he could 'bring peace to the world." he released them, because he felt like it. That is neither good nor evil. That is someone that just did something to do it.

look at more then the actions, look at the intent behind them.

47. ShadowReij Wanderer

Same question same answer, no.

48. Valmung !

Sasuke isn't exactly evil; more of a head case.

49. Khazzar Hand of the King

Not evil,just lost.

50. Tomasso stupid hoe

No. He just has issues.