1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. We're discussing a possible merge of the Naruto and One Piece avenues into the Akihabara subforum.
    Go here for further info . Feel free to chime in and vote.
  3. Please vote in the cooking contest here!
  4. The signature rules have changed. Please, check them in this thread!
  5. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
    We're not yet aware of the means, but someone is taking over several accounts.
    Change your password as soon as possible, and use this to see how secure it is.
  6. Hey folks!

This week, there's a Flash Fiction reboot that you should participate in: here

Don't miss it.
  7. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.

Is Naruto evil?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Skilatry, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Skilatry Member

For allowing Orochimaru to continue experimenting on people? Is this possibly the greatest heel turn in the history of our sport manga?

2. syntheticsound Zombie goast

Maybe they tried to kill Oro off for real but he just kept coming back out of nowhere and they gave up :catblush

3. Zef Well-Known Member

Keep in mind this is the same guy that cried for Obito, and didn't bat an eye when Itachi planned to put Sasuke under a permanent genjutsu.

He's not evil, but his morality is questionable to say the least. :puppers

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Indra Well-Known Member

Kakashi allowed him to live to. Naruto wasn't the Hokage straight out of the War Arc.

He wasn't going to become Hokage, and the first thing he does is kill a guy, even if he deserves it.

5. Hussain .

When did Oro continue experimenting on people? :hmm

6. Skilatry Member

X

7. Hussain .

The stuff he did with Shin were at least from Hiruzen or Tsunade's time. Otherwise, Danzo was not going to be able to get Shin's arm. :catblink

And the shin's clones are also unrelated to him as even Shin himself (The original one) did not know about them. They were multiplying in secret by themselves. :catblink

8. Landon Member

He continues to do experiments on clones that he himself creates from cell cultures, not on children from other villages. I do not think there are laws against it in the ninja world, maybe these clones are not considered human, just another ninja technique.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  9. Skilatry Member

If he was a softy then surely the opposite would be true and he would be crying for the humans who were being experimented on and not indifferent to it.

Have no idea what this has to do with anything. :catblink

10. Hussain .

On other words, he is not doing experiments on people during Naruto's time. :catblink

11. Skilatry Member

12. Hussain .

unless there are further evidence that he does, there is really no proof of something of that sort happening. :mlpshrug

13. ChronaSE Monochrome World

14. HoroHoro ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LMFAO, yes he is. Orochimaru is still the same twisted motherfucker doing involuntary medical experiments on children, just artificial ones this time. Naruto and all of the other Konoha crooks are turning a blind eye to this, for whatever reason is beyond me. Orochimaru is one of the worst people to exist in Narutoverse, because not only didn't he even pretend to regret anything he's done against humanity, he didn't even suggest that he was going to stop doing them.

What makes things worse, is that in Gaiden 700+6, we learn that Orochimaru has repeatedly wiping Mitsuki's memories until he takes the action to make his own decisions. Orochimaru being on the loose, perpetuating his disgusting mindfuckery and genetic experimentations is beyond asinine. Naruto failing to judge him means he has no integrity, he is a disgrace of a hero.

15. Keishin Well-Known Member

No, he beat Dark Naruto up so he cant be evil hes the light
    X

freaking horse shitto writing
    :skully

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Hussain .

The only kid he did that to him is his own son. It's his own business to raise him however the heck he wants. :catblink
    He did not attack other people or other children.

Additionally, the medical stuff did not "harm" Mitsuki but rather made him stronger. :catblink

Again, besides his own kid, he did not do anything.

It's his son. :catblink
    And it's not Naruto's business to put his nose in their family business especially when Mitsuki was not even a Konoha citizen at that point. Naruto is a Hokage for Konoha, not outside of it.

17. HoroHoro ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It doesn't matter whether or not Orochimaru experimented on his own son or that it made him excessively more powerful in the progress, I don't care if his experiments will revolutionize humanity, he experimented and psychologically tortured a child, period. Naruto was not even one single bit outraged against Orochimaru's inhumane practices, he ranged from being mildly curious to indifferent, yet, he becomes full-blown pissed off over a DNA test and Sasuke possibly cheating on Sakura? He's a joke.

18. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

19. Hussain .

Where was it shown that Mitsuki was "tortured"? :hmm

He will be outraged for things that he does not even know happened?

Your hatred makes you reach some utterly retarded conclusion. Do you think Naruto is all-knowing God or something? :lmao

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Zef Well-Known Member

Now we're justifying child experimentation to defend Naruto. :wow

What's this in a test tube Hussain? :lbj
    X
    He's practically a series of clones that keep getting replicated until Orochimaru finds the right one.

The latest one was drugged, and put in combat situations to test his power.

If not torture it's certainly abuse.

Yes, because it's not like Yamato (a Konoha shinobi) is watching Orochimaru for the village.
    And it's not as if Orochimaru didn't give Naruto a grand tour of his laboratory with test tubes all in Naruto's face.

Yeah, Naruto is completely oblivious to everything. :sag

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  21. Sixpence None The Richer Oops

22. Milliardo G.L.P.

23. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

Are you legit implying that a parent can do whatever they want to their child, even if it's blatantly abuse?

Anyways, I honestly just don't know how to react to this. The Naruto manga is a absolute mess morally:LOS. It literally doesn't make sense. The fact that Naruto can walk through Orochimaru's lab and not immediately feel inclined to shut that shit down as soon as possible is actually horrifying. I hope one of the kids murders Orochimaru in the future, cause it's long overdue.

24. fuff Maybe next time ;)

it was both kakashi and naruto...fault for leaving oro alive and poor yamato on permanet watch duty. like hes in a damn cave how the fuck is yamato gonna know whats going on in there when hes always on the outside...smh

oro should have been jailed...tbh i STILL dont get while sasuke revived him...like ya to ask the hokages some questions but after oro revived them sasuke kept him around...and why did oro even wanna help with the war, like hizuren asked but we really didnt get an answer. tbh i dont even know if oro is a good guy or a bad guy anymore..like THEY KEPT HIM ALIVE AND NOT IN JAIL?!?! DA FUCK?!

25. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Meh, Kishimoto already went full-retard at this point, so why bother? I'm not inclined to see Naruto as 'evil', but rather as a victim of Kishi's idiocy. Much like how Sasuke fucked up his marriage and fatherhood for the sake of a mission that amounted to nothing, etc. As said, at this point it is impossible to take the story too seriously, as Kishi doesn't give a crap about it anyway

Oro should've been dead. Kabuto should've been dead. Sasuke should've been in jail. Etc. Morality was thrown out of the window long ago, so who cares :mlpshrug

26. TensaXZangetsu Meep-morp.

Is there any proof Orochimaru was experimenting on living people? And even if there was

Why do all the other past Kage get a pass on this?

Is Nardo the Konoha Obama or somethin'?

27. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

What can I say. Naruto's a loose Goku knock off so it's not surprising...:kanyeshrug

28. Dark Passenger Member

You guys are acting like Orochimaru went into every room of his hideout and was displaying experiments like some sort of museum tour guide.

He only shows them one room. The experiment in said room was something that was related to something that Naruto knew about already.

I'd like to believe if Orochimaru was standing there and stating that he was still carrying out experiments on humans, Naruto wouldn't stand for it.

29. Landon Member

It's funny how you never try to understand the story for a minute.

Sasuke, Orochimaru and Kabuto are extremely powerful ninjas, perhaps just below Naruto himself. They are an important aid in case the world enters into a new crisis, and in the case of Orochimaru and Kabuto, it is not as if they are free to walk around, they are in a kind of conditional, they are too powerful weapons to be discarded .

30. Hussain .

You do know that Shin is only a clone that is made out of the original Shin's teeth, right? :catblink
    Seeing a clone in a tube is normal because that's how they are being created. Oro did not go out hunting for normal children. :catdude

Oro was not abusing Mitsuki, he just wanted him to choose a 3rd different path. He gave him drugs/medicine that made him forget that specific event, but I don't remember it having a bad influence on him. :/
    And frankly, not interested to go back and reread it because it was boring AF. O_O

31. -Ziltoid- the Agenda

Talk about understanding the story. If there was one thing Naruto did not want, it was people to be seen as 'weapons' or 'tools'. Anyway, I'm not talking about how useful people are. Madara was useful too. I'm talking about how people are criminals, how people are responsible for countless deaths. Orochimaru and Kabuto are the worst kind of scum, and Sasuke... well, in his ignorant chase for vengeance he caused enough death, either directly or indirectly. What's worse, whose to tell that one of these three wouldn't go full retard again, perhaps at the moment Naruto is no longer around?

In a normal world actions have consequences. Crimes ought to be punished. Kishimoto, however, advocates that murderers are 'the coolest guy', 'mah brother', or simply rewards them by putting them in charge of an orphanage. Great message to share with kids :zaru

Edit: LOL @VooDoo :skully

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  32. Landon Member

Naruto does not see them as weapons, he still a hokage few years, naive and complacent... But the same is not true for other nations, who can easily use them when the kages are not enough.

We are not talking about a normal world, we are talking about a world in which all its former leaders can be considered murderers, genocidal and deceivers. Each of the ancient Kages are not far from Orochimaru and Kabuto, even though at some point they were ninjas killing people in wars or deceived other villages for the sake of their sovereignty and self-interests.

33. MasterORB Member

Naruto is not evil. Naive? Yes. Here's the problem, being a leader it's tough and the way the story process made Naruto into a figure off hope, but for having two people, that right now doesn't do jack shit and don't have plans to dominate the world so they basically in House Arrest. And Orochimaru by the Gaiden looks like is only do experience on clones, or with is own DNA, like for example Mitsuki. Naruto can be very cold if he want's to like he was very cold to Kaguya, Zetsu or Momotsuki, and here's the thing, during the story progress Naruto only fought against enemies that he could talk to minus Kakuzo/Kaguya. The rest he talk to them to death.

34. -Azula- ~

You can make a long ass post about how Naruto doesn't nuke criminals and let them off and its fine but the moment you mention sasuke was also one of the criminals who was let off is the moment heads start to explode.

:skully

35. Hussain .

Isn't it a @VooDoo thing to go and dislike all the posts anyway? :catdude
    I don't think you need to give it much thought. :catwalk

36. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Moderator

House arrest? Kabuto is running a fucking orphanage and it's been made clear that Orochimaru can leave his lab and even enter Konoha any time he wants. Those aren't what I'd call house arrests.

As for the bolded, that just makes him a hypocrite. He preaches about peace through understanding but never bothers trying to understand anyone who isn't already like him.

Naruto's not evil, but he's far worse than just "naïve."

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  37. ThatGreekLady No Place Like Home

Naruto just wants to abolish prisons and let all these poor criminals and mass murderers out.

38. MasterORB Member

I think that it is house arrest, Because Orochimaru has a guard to watch over him that it is Yamato, and I think he can't leave his lookout without authorization, let be honest I think Naruto and co know who Mitsuki is. And for Kabuto he is running the orphanage, it is what is foster mother did so he is doing the same.
    Yes Naruto is Naive, but the way the arcs were structure the villains that were irreversible never had a chance to talk to Naruto, like for example Danzo or Madara. Not only that in that talk with Sasuke if I remember correctly Naruto knew that he couldn't change the way for people think.

39. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

A path he was ok with him finding as a result of abuse, I don't care if he was drugged to forget it or not. I mean obviously we are just going to disagree on what's considered abuse or not, cause I 100% consider Orochimaru to be the shittiest human in this entire manga. Yet Kishi is trying hard af to make Orochimaru not look like a creepy, abusive, mad scientist that was left a ridiculous amount of freedom to experiment by the people in power(Kakashi....Naruto). I mean for real he should've been ended in Hiruzen's time for the vile acts he did (゚ー゚)

40. Hussain .

I do agree that those characters (Oro, Kabuto, Sasuke, Obito, itachi...etc etc) should have been killed, murdered brutally even. Kishi's morality/ethics are really fucked up big time.

But at the same time, I don't think Naruto should be charged so to speak to something that he does not even know about... U_U At least for a time?

41. MasterORB Member

Kill the one that should be killed should be Orochimaru and Obito (He is already dead), but other characters like Sasuke and Kabuto, no they should not, because they were manipulated by the system of Konoha.

42. HoroHoro ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Knock it off with justifying human experimentations just to defend Naruto. This isn't about some scientist experimenting on willing human test subjects to further evolve the human race. This is a sick fuck subjecting children to his experiments which ultimately benefit nobody but himself. It doesn't matter if they are artificial human beings.

The proof of how truly twisted and evil Orochimaru is should be beaten to your head when you see him justifying his inhumane practices to Naruto or him subsequently fucking around with Mitsuki's memories and show you that he has no empathy as a human being whatsoever. Even his most loyal lackeys like Kabuto or Kimimaro were ultimately just tools to be used and discarded, only difference was that they are more valuable than your average lackey. There is no way in hell any sane and sensible human being can justify what Orochimaru has done. The fact that Naruto shrugged off this motherfucker's atrocities should tell you right away that he has no moral principles.

I'm honestly really mortified by this fandom's mentality.

43. Hussain .

No, both Sasuke and Kabuto should be killed. The system has really nothing to do with how far they have gone.
    You keep bitching about the fandom's mentality, when your mentality is for that of a pre-schooler. :apathy

1- Naruto did NOT know about Shin except in the Gaiden. The experiments on him were from Hiruzen/Danzo's time. :apathy
    2- No one besides Oro and Suigetsu know about the Mitsuki thing. :apathy

Based on your logic, YOU are a shitty human being because how DARE you not stop the experiments that are happening somewhere
    in this world. you must know it all as well, right? :zaru

1- Shins were being created. :apathy it's not harming them. It's more or less the same as the sheep that was cloned. :zaru
    He did not attack living-things to create those clones, nor did he sacrifice something else. He simply used TEETH.

2- Proof that Naruto know about what happened to Mitsuki? :catblink

I agree with this. :doge
    The shit he did/said for/about Obito was outrageous. :catdude

44. MasterORB Member

No they should not, it because the politics of Konoha that made this persons the way they were.

45. Hussain .

How did the politics made them go that far? :apathy
    Sasuke:
    1- His clan was going to do a disaster and kill people.
    2- The brother that he worship was so retarded and did not tell anyone about Obito.
    3- He went as far as claiming that he wants to kill everyone because they were laughing (when no one knows about the whole itachi crap)
    4- He then attacked other Village (Kumo) that has absolutely nothing to do with him, and continued to attack the rest of the villages!
    (By attacking the Kages)

Add to this, his excuse is "Because I love itachi so much, I will spit on his face and destroy what he wanted to protect" Yeah, so logical. :catdude

By your logic, if someone lost someone that s/he loves then that give him an excuse to kill every single person in this world for that 1 guy/girl! :zaru

And it's even more stupid in Kabuto's case since he litterally stopped healing his "mother" by himself even tho he could have saved her! :catdude

And then they go own saying "the world has rejected us" or "no one accepted us" when they either never tried in the first place (Kabuto) or they were the one who rejected all the hands that were reaching to help them (Sasuke)

46. MasterORB Member

1- The politics before and after the Kurama attack was to contain the Uchiha, for not them not get out hand, and when you have a cage animal full of rage he will bite..
    2- Itachi didn't have anyone to tell about Tobi.
    3- Sasuke was having a mental breakdown, when he watch a person have a arm full of the eyes of the people of is clan.
    4- He was hire to do that by the Akatsuki, The paid was the information about the elders. And the 4 Kages attack Sasuke first, he just wanted Danzo.
    No, but many people try or killed people that hurt the person they love.
    He was having a shock, when is foster mother tell him who was him. And Tsunade try to heal Dan to and still die.
    Kabuto find someone like Orochimaro, that give him a reason, And many people didn't understood Sasuke, and put him the right way and track mind when he was 12 even Naruto by that time didn't understand Sasuke only after Jiraiya die, he finally did.

47. TensaXZangetsu Meep-morp.

48. oetsuthebest Niggas get sprayed up like AK was cologne..

Orochimaru was forgiven probably for the same reason Sasuke was, helping the alliance win the war. If Orochimaru didn't summon the old Hokage, they were doomed.

49. Indra Well-Known Member

Eh, I agree with both sides. I can't personally be totally bias as a Naruto fan on his reign as Hokage and the promises he made in the series, but I'm not sure how I feel with throwing Naruto under the bus for Orochimaru's experiments.

I. Orochimaru was experimenting on the Shin long before Naruto was the Hokage
    II. The Shin clones were replicated by the teeth of such said original person.
    III. No one actually died, and the children for the most part got an actual place to live with a family of their own.

Naruto's fucked up a few times, yeah. I think his biggest and most questionable detail would be on whether or not the Hyuuga Clan has changed (again there's hints of this but no established or factual evidence), and the fact that we don't know if he kept his promise with Amegakure's reconstruction either.

What-ever Orochimaru did to not be locked up or sentenced to death, happened in Kakashi's rule along with Ay, Onoki, and Mei. Probably due to their achievements in the War Arc which helped them defeat their enemies.

This would also tie with Sasuke/Kabuto as well, whom may or may not be as serious cases compared to Orochimaru based on your own personal opinion(s).

I have said this before but, Naruto wasn't going to be the Hokage, and the first thing he does is go to Orochimaru, whom was pardoned long before his time, and murder him. No matter how right or wrong that would have been, again based on your own personal view on the matter.

Furthermore, what the fuck is Yamamoto doing? I suspect Naruto, Sasuke, Sarada, and even fucking Chou Chou know more about what's going on in the Lab that he does :lmao

50. PureWIN Mr. Prince

This is fucked up writing in real life and fucked up morals in-universe. Naruto and Kishi are both shitty people. There's literally no way around this.