1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Ino is a better character than Sakura.

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Legendary-flames, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Legendary-flames Banned

Why? Let's look at the facts. She helped Sakura when she was little make friends and made her stop being such a cry-baby. How does she repay her? She turns their friendship into a rivalry over a boy, and not a great one at that, looks doesn't make a man, although Ino is also a victim of this for liking pretty boys, but she wasn't the one that started the rivalry, plus I think Ino has grown more than Sakura in general. Take the whole Sai scene for instance, how did Sakura react when Sai called Ino a pretty girl? Another fact is how Ino does more for her teammates in general, when Sakura was getting her ass handed to her by the sound 3, she got in on the action, Sakura has always been a coward and on the side-lines, plus she's manipulative and a liar. Shippuden for some reason made Sakura useful in the rescue Gaara arc, but that's it. Ino is also more out-going, Sakura has been stuck with Naruto, since they're a team, but Ino gets along with Naruto just fine, despite them barely knowing each other or even hung out. When Sai was first introduced, look at how Ino reacts when she sees Naruto, not something Sakura would do, that's for sure.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. suga

But I see where you're coming from.
    In a way, Ino has shown to be more 'likeable' than Sakura. :33 ...but really, they're both the same. Sasuke-obsessed girls.

3. Nightshade &#32

I love both girls, but I agree that Ino is more likeable. That's why I tend to favor her a little bit more (most of the time).

4. Agony the GazettE

SAKURA is the worst character ever.fail character.any character can be better.

5. OMNOMNOM THE COOKIEZ N E J I ' S W H O R E ♥

6. hustler's ambition #FlickaDaWrist

I agree with everything the OP stated. I also made a thread about Ino's and Sakura's friendship. Ino gets bashed simply because she had a crush on Sasuke and she wears a miniskirt. None of her haters like to address the fact that Ino was indeed, a much better friend to Sakura, than Sakura was to her.

People like to cover up Sakura's actions to Ino by saying, "Oh it was done for comic relief, so technically it never existed because that's not Sakura's true character."

Kishimoto says otherwise. :amuse

7. Bontakun Maple Royal Guard

*blinks* OP got BANNED for dissing Sakura?

Anyway, Ino is cool, and a better friend to Sakura than Sakura is to her, but not really a better character. And OP's arguments are mostly just silly.

This I can agree with. She really does try to win Sasuke at any cost. This much I don't like about her. But her competitive nature does help her survive in Team 7.

It was for comedy.

She was just a really mediocre ninja in part 1. If she was any braver, she'd be dead :zaru

Proof? What Kishi feels doesn't count unless he shows it in the manga.

"For some reason"? So you just ignore any positive character development that doesn't fit with your ideas. Awesome :notrust. And I suppose you think there was a fight where Ino beat 5 Akatsuki level ninjas by herself that was not included "for some reason".

Yeah I liked Ino more after her greeting to Naruto. Anyway Sakura can be appreciative too, only to people she knows. She warmed up to Rock Lee after he saved her during the Chuunin exams. Naruto said something insulting about him during the preliminary matches and she stood up for him, showing how quickly she can become loyal to people who deserve it.

8. EternallyStar Member

But seriously, OP was right on...

9. santanico eyepatch ❤

What banned OP stated has been said time and time again, but I don't mind it one bit :awesome

10. Sima ❤ℒℴⱴℯ ☣ ℳℯ❤

I agree with the op, Ino is a better overall character, much prettier too.

11. Rosie The Little Queen ♛

Although I can say that Ino is a better friend than Sakura, and even though I like her best, I can't exactly say she's a better character. Both girls are good in their own way :oh

She's better looking though :hurr

12. Metaphor pretty much amazing

Either way, I don't think either of them are good characters.

13. Ice Prince Hopeless Ladyboy

I wish Ino would get more screentime--she seriously needs some development.

Aside from Hinata, she's the only other Konoha rookie girl I give a flip about.

14. King of the Internet Bazzinga!

Their bickering rivalry is retarded and all of you got caught up in that.

15. Milkshake Legendary Ladies Man of Inaba

Well of course, :edu. But Ino's been underdeveloped and purposely shitted on to make Sakura look better, so thus Sakura is canonically, the best character. Personality-wise, hell no - but she's the most developed, at least as a ninja. Ino's has the potential to be much better, and to me - she still is nonetheless, but that probably won't occur in canon.

16. AppleChan Wrap the Night Around Me.

Ino is more likeable, but both are ridiculous.

17. ane Super Moderator

I like both of them

18. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

Sakura's a carbon copy. I say Ino should go back in time where she helped Sakura from teh bullies and put that to a stop. :zaru That is where it all began right?

19. PikaCheeka wants to believe

You seem to be forgetting that Ino also still clearly has a thing for Sasuke. Go re-read chapter 459. She's actually put on the level of Naruto and Sakura for caring about him.

About the bolded .....wtf? How is she a coward? And Shippuden FOR SOME REASON made her useful? She's only the heroine.

Sakura reacting to the Sai thing is perfectly normal and hardly makes her a bad person. I don't care how decent a person you are, it always hurts a little when someone calls you ugly, then turns around and calls your best friend beautiful.

Sakura having trouble getting along with Naruto initially is also normal. Ino doesn't have to deal with him, so she's fine with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
  20. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

It's immature and selfish. 400+ chapters and still no development. No boobs, no ass, no sympathy. Oh yea. :laugh I find it funny, if I might add, that most girls who never developed in personality in Naruto never really matured physically either. :amuse Somebody should rlly put Sakura down for that last move she did.. s: That was uncool man..

21. Sen

In some ways maybe, but Sakura has actually grown out of that phase, which Ino seems to be stuck in really. Both of them have their problems though, but they have good sides too.

22. Elias Innocent Sin

23. Borel ...what...?

24. ~riku~ ❣ ❀ ❣

Oh? Well actually, in the manga, Sakura did lie and be manipulative.
    Spoiler:
    She told Naruto she loved him and it was a lie.

25. Diarrhea ざわ? ざわ?

26. zuul Madarafag

Better character for the fact she isn't a panel hog, and a far better person for obvious reason. She's guenuinely friendly and honest things Sakura isn't, of course she's vain but Sakura is too, so...

And let's add than appart for her crying once, her wangst over Sasuke is far from being as pathetic as Sakura's.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  27. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

Go back in time and put a team switch and I tell ya Ino would have a better understanding of Sasuke. :zaru

28. -JT- Mr Yamanaka

I agree with the OP, but to a lesser extent.

29. Pixie &#803

I agree, Ino is a far more likable character.

30. Libra Forever Fornever

Fact > Opinion

Sakura did it because if they were to keep on being friends them loving Sasuke would of just made it worst. Do you really think they would want to share Sasuke with each other? Sakura saw the reality in it.

But she helped with the rivalry, Sakura wasn't the only one who did it, also, if she didn't get what Sakura was doing or trying to make it easier on them both to like Sasuke, then she doesn't really understand situations.

Lols, and what would of Ino acted like if she were to hear "ugly', instead of "gorgeous"; like Sai intended to call her?

Do you mean in the Chuunin Exams? Because that situation of what your talking about needs to be turned around. Sakura was fighting with her life to keep Sasuke and Naruto safe, while Ino was hesitating to go and help Sakura; even Shikamaru was trying to get her to help Sakura. I don't know what you are talking about. Ino did go out there eventually, because she is a good friend, but unlike Sakura she hesitated.

Um, Kishi did it because it was her time to shine, and it should how strong she became. And what did Ino do exactly throughout Shippuden?

Okay, what are you talking about. That Ino gets along with people more than Sakura does? Sakura is around Naruto a lot because he needed her during the time. I'm sure that Sakura talks to the other Konoha 11, it's not she is inadiquit to talking to other people, that would be more of with Hinata, considering she stutters and all, sorry I don't mean to enter Hinata into this, but she is just an example.

Also, the way Sakura acted towards Naruto when seeing him again was regular; she didn't punch him until he said something; and she doesn't need to catch up with him when she knows he'll tell her what happened while he was away. I think it is great how Ino reacted towards Naruto, but she herself is friendly, no duh. What makes you think Sakura isn't either?