1. The Konoha Kennel is back! As a subsection to the Chatterbox, discuss your favorite fauna-related topics at a fun and laid-back pace. From animals to zoos, it's your one-stop destination for critter lovers!

Ino is a better character than Sakura.

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Legendary-flames, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Legendary-flames Banned

Why? Let's look at the facts. She helped Sakura when she was little make friends and made her stop being such a cry-baby. How does she repay her? She turns their friendship into a rivalry over a boy, and not a great one at that, looks doesn't make a man, although Ino is also a victim of this for liking pretty boys, but she wasn't the one that started the rivalry, plus I think Ino has grown more than Sakura in general. Take the whole Sai scene for instance, how did Sakura react when Sai called Ino a pretty girl? Another fact is how Ino does more for her teammates in general, when Sakura was getting her ass handed to her by the sound 3, she got in on the action, Sakura has always been a coward and on the side-lines, plus she's manipulative and a liar. Shippuden for some reason made Sakura useful in the rescue Gaara arc, but that's it. Ino is also more out-going, Sakura has been stuck with Naruto, since they're a team, but Ino gets along with Naruto just fine, despite them barely knowing each other or even hung out. When Sai was first introduced, look at how Ino reacts when she sees Naruto, not something Sakura would do, that's for sure.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. suga

Lol, sounds like you're bashing. :lmao

But I see where you're coming from.
    In a way, Ino has shown to be more 'likeable' than Sakura. :33 ...but really, they're both the same. Sasuke-obsessed girls.

3. Nightshade &#32

I love both girls, but I agree that Ino is more likeable. That's why I tend to favor her a little bit more (most of the time).

4. Agony the GazettE

SAKURA is the worst character ever.fail character.any character can be better.

5. OMNOMNOM THE COOKIEZ N E J I ' S W H O R E ♥

Sakura is a cow. Ino is lofflee. :hurr

6. hustler's ambition Well-Known Member

I agree with everything the OP stated. I also made a thread about Ino's and Sakura's friendship. Ino gets bashed simply because she had a crush on Sasuke and she wears a miniskirt. None of her haters like to address the fact that Ino was indeed, a much better friend to Sakura, than Sakura was to her.

People like to cover up Sakura's actions to Ino by saying, "Oh it was done for comic relief, so technically it never existed because that's not Sakura's true character."

Kishimoto says otherwise. :amuse

7. Bontakun Maple Royal Guard

*blinks* OP got BANNED for dissing Sakura?

Anyway, Ino is cool, and a better friend to Sakura than Sakura is to her, but not really a better character. And OP's arguments are mostly just silly.

This I can agree with. She really does try to win Sasuke at any cost. This much I don't like about her. But her competitive nature does help her survive in Team 7.

It was for comedy.

She was just a really mediocre ninja in part 1. If she was any braver, she'd be dead :zaru

Proof? What Kishi feels doesn't count unless he shows it in the manga.

"For some reason"? So you just ignore any positive character development that doesn't fit with your ideas. Awesome :notrust. And I suppose you think there was a fight where Ino beat 5 Akatsuki level ninjas by herself that was not included "for some reason".

Yeah I liked Ino more after her greeting to Naruto. Anyway Sakura can be appreciative too, only to people she knows. She warmed up to Rock Lee after he saved her during the Chuunin exams. Naruto said something insulting about him during the preliminary matches and she stood up for him, showing how quickly she can become loyal to people who deserve it.

8. EternallyStar Member

:lmao

But seriously, OP was right on...

9. santanico don't call me mom

What banned OP stated has been said time and time again, but I don't mind it one bit :awesome

10. Sima ❤ℒℴⱴℯ ☣ ℳℯ❤

I agree with the op, Ino is a better overall character, much prettier too.

11. Rosie The Little Queen ♛

Although I can say that Ino is a better friend than Sakura, and even though I like her best, I can't exactly say she's a better character. Both girls are good in their own way :oh

She's better looking though :hurr

12. Metaphor pretty much amazing

Holy shit wall of text...tl;dr

Either way, I don't think either of them are good characters.

13. Ice Prince Hopeless Ladyboy

I wish Ino would get more screentime--she seriously needs some development.

Aside from Hinata, she's the only other Konoha rookie girl I give a flip about.

14. King of the Internet Bazzinga!

Newsflash: They're BOTH stupid! :amuse

Their bickering rivalry is retarded and all of you got caught up in that.

15. Milkshake Legendary Ladies Man of Inaba

Well of course, :edu. But Ino's been underdeveloped and purposely shitted on to make Sakura look better, so thus Sakura is canonically, the best character. Personality-wise, hell no - but she's the most developed, at least as a ninja. Ino's has the potential to be much better, and to me - she still is nonetheless, but that probably won't occur in canon.

16. AppleChan Wrap the Night Around Me.

Ino is more likeable, but both are ridiculous.

17. ane Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I like both of them

18. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

Sakura's a carbon copy. I say Ino should go back in time where she helped Sakura from teh bullies and put that to a stop. :zaru That is where it all began right?

19. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Spoiler:

You seem to be forgetting that Ino also still clearly has a thing for Sasuke. Go re-read chapter 459. She's actually put on the level of Naruto and Sakura for caring about him.

About the bolded .....wtf? How is she a coward? And Shippuden FOR SOME REASON made her useful? She's only the heroine.

Sakura reacting to the Sai thing is perfectly normal and hardly makes her a bad person. I don't care how decent a person you are, it always hurts a little when someone calls you ugly, then turns around and calls your best friend beautiful.

Sakura having trouble getting along with Naruto initially is also normal. Ino doesn't have to deal with him, so she's fine with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
  20. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

It's immature and selfish. 400+ chapters and still no development. No boobs, no ass, no sympathy. Oh yea. :laugh I find it funny, if I might add, that most girls who never developed in personality in Naruto never really matured physically either. :amuse Somebody should rlly put Sakura down for that last move she did.. s: That was uncool man..

21. Sen

In some ways maybe, but Sakura has actually grown out of that phase, which Ino seems to be stuck in really. Both of them have their problems though, but they have good sides too.

22. Elias Innocent Sin

They both are rather bland IMO.

23. Borel ...what...?

Agreed, Ino > Sakura. :amuse

24. ~riku~ ❣ ❀ ❣

Oh? Well actually, in the manga, Sakura did lie and be manipulative.
    Spoiler:
    She told Naruto she loved him and it was a lie.

25. Diarrhea ざわ? ざわ?

lololol opinion

26. zuul Madarafag

Better character for the fact she isn't a panel hog, and a far better person for obvious reason. She's guenuinely friendly and honest things Sakura isn't, of course she's vain but Sakura is too, so...

And let's add than appart for her crying once, her wangst over Sasuke is far from being as pathetic as Sakura's.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  27. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

Go back in time and put a team switch and I tell ya Ino would have a better understanding of Sasuke. :zaru

28. -JT- Mr Yamanaka

I agree with the OP, but to a lesser extent.

29. Pixie &#803

I agree, Ino is a far more likable character.

30. Libra Forever Fornever

Lols, agreed.

Fact > Opinion

Sakura did it because if they were to keep on being friends them loving Sasuke would of just made it worst. Do you really think they would want to share Sasuke with each other? Sakura saw the reality in it.

But she helped with the rivalry, Sakura wasn't the only one who did it, also, if she didn't get what Sakura was doing or trying to make it easier on them both to like Sasuke, then she doesn't really understand situations.

Lols, and what would of Ino acted like if she were to hear "ugly', instead of "gorgeous"; like Sai intended to call her?

Do you mean in the Chuunin Exams? Because that situation of what your talking about needs to be turned around. Sakura was fighting with her life to keep Sasuke and Naruto safe, while Ino was hesitating to go and help Sakura; even Shikamaru was trying to get her to help Sakura. I don't know what you are talking about. Ino did go out there eventually, because she is a good friend, but unlike Sakura she hesitated.

Um, Kishi did it because it was her time to shine, and it should how strong she became. And what did Ino do exactly throughout Shippuden?

Okay, what are you talking about. That Ino gets along with people more than Sakura does? Sakura is around Naruto a lot because he needed her during the time. I'm sure that Sakura talks to the other Konoha 11, it's not she is inadiquit to talking to other people, that would be more of with Hinata, considering she stutters and all, sorry I don't mean to enter Hinata into this, but she is just an example.

Also, the way Sakura acted towards Naruto when seeing him again was regular; she didn't punch him until he said something; and she doesn't need to catch up with him when she knows he'll tell her what happened while he was away. I think it is great how Ino reacted towards Naruto, but she herself is friendly, no duh. What makes you think Sakura isn't either?

31. Drathe Antagonist

Well, of course I agree, I totally love Ino and she's always one of my first fav female characters, she's full of energy and cute character, she represents everything about 'girly' girls, she's beautiful and charismatic.
    But...
    Even if i don't like Sakura (and i used to be her hater), i think she doesn't deserve being hated, because every human is pathetic sometimes and make mistakes 8D and it's her 'human' side.

32. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

Pathetic excuses up there. Sakura and Ino could of easily overcome their friendship if they could see the stupidity of liking an uninterested boy in the first place. It's not love. They just think he's hot. While Sakura's blowing it all out of proportion with her impulsiveness, she and Ino could of made up a long time ago.

Ehh.. I take that back. Ino should of just left her there weeping in the dust. She totally deserves it as a kid if she's gonna grow up to be a waste of space.

33. yukito used to be azn

Personally, I find Ino to be a much, much more likable character than Sakura. Especially post-skip.

Ino's been nothing but friendly and a complete team player. I simply wish she got some of the panel time she got in part one. She has a strong spirit, a [brutally?] honest mouth and a caring heart.

She hasn't been mean-spirited since she was twelve [and it was sometimes justified], so I don't know how people can call her a bitch, either.

34. ILOVERNBMUSIC Member

ino has never done any mean shit and ino flirting thats wat teenage girls do. while we have sakura who is always cursing hitting people just becuz she disagrees with them. dont forget ino made sakura who she is 2day cuz if ino didnt help sakura she wouldnt have been training under tsuande

35. Krix otp

While Sakura is and has been one of my favorite characters ever, I happen to agree that Ino is easier to understand and like; unlike Sakura. Sakura's a character that you love or hate really; so... :quite

36. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

-coughs- x0 Carbon copy. :shannaro

37. PikaCheeka wants to believe

You all do realize that 90% of what you have against Sakura could very well apply to Ino, too, right?

She's barely ever on-screen, so we don't know that much about her. Except that she's flirty, she does love Sasuke (still), she bullies Choji (which I guess everyone forgot), she gets in cat fights with her best friend....

Wow, sounds a lot like Sakura to me.

38. FoxxyKat Active Member

Everyone's a better char than pinky.:huh

39. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

xD Ahh.. Karin's about equal. But at least she's useful in some way.

I'm pretty sure that Ino would have more compassion for Naruto during a team swap;; if that ever happened.

I guess there will always be excuses why Sakura's a valid character. Or have you forgotten the reason why Ino ever gets into fights with Sakura is the fact that Sakura wanted to out-shine her in a stupid goal.

Though.. I do agree with you a little there. Sakura and Ino do have similarities, but their parallels could be anything but alike.

My point being. If it were Ino in Team 7, she would understand and appreciate Naruto and Sasuke a lot faster than Sakura's inexcusable 400+ chapter development. I see no pity in the self infliction she caused lately.

40. PikaCheeka wants to believe

And MY point being is that Ino may be so 'likable' as a 'better person' because we really don't know much about her or see much of her.

If Kishimoto stuck her in the role of the heroine, she'd end up being the exact same as Sakura.

Along the same lines, you can say just about any of the other Konoha rookies are better characters/people than the main 3 because we don't know enough about them to reasonably compare.

I also haven't seen Ino show any character development, whereas Sakura has. I know a lot of people say she hasn't gotten any, but even if you don't think she has, I don't see where Ino's character development is coming from.

41. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

And you don't get that Sakura and Ino are two complete different people. So your argument is useless.

I'm not defending Ino or anything. ._. But overall.. she would accomplish more if she were with Naruto in the time-skip and under Tsunade's wing. Ino's deprived of understanding Team 7. Of course she'd still be a vain, fickle person. But not as bad as Sakura though.

Another thing to point out: Ino has never really been turned down by Sasuke. That's why she continues to be the same person right now.

42. Milkshake Legendary Ladies Man of Inaba

You might be on to something there. Sasuke never rejected her as much as he just shown indifference towards her. Actually, he didn't even tell her to back off of him, he just mean mugged her.

43. PikaCheeka wants to believe

People also seem to be forgetting that Ino CHEATED ON THE EXAMS by possessing Sakura and stealing her answers. Not a very 'best friend' thing to do.

Regardless of whether or not they are two different people as they stand now, if Kishimoto had Ino as the heroine, she would inevitably end up being the exact same as Sakura is currently because that's how Kishi wants the heroine to be.

If you're going to argue otherwise, and say she should be in Team 7 instead of Sakura and be an entirely different character, then the story would be severely compromised, as she wouldn't be Naruto's love interest.

And Ino has never really spent months and months working with Sasuke, risking her life for him and having him risk his life for her in return. Ino hasn't been rejected by him, but she also hasn't spent any time with him not only to be rejected, but to develop a relationship with him. And by relationship I mean as a team member, pseudo-family member, before anyone tries to say I mean it as romantic.

I do really like Ino. But I also really like Sakura, and I get sick of seeing everyone jump on the Sakura-bashing boat at every chance they get. What's next? Tenten is a better person than Sakura? Kishimoto chose her as the heroine. Get over it, people.

And I just saw your earlier post here about how she sucks because she has no boobs and no ass. :lmao at your reasons for hate. Discussion closed.

44. hustler's ambition Well-Known Member

Manga Facts --> Opinion

Sakura doesn't deserve Ino as a best friend! (Yes I said it!) Look at how she (still) treats the girl! We all know how Sakura dogged Ino for Sasuke...with INO being the one to rekindle their friendship. And I have proof!

XXXX
    XXX

As you can plainly see during the early years Ino helped Sakura build confidence, self-esteem, and stood up for her against bullying classmates.

And how does Sakura accept Ino's kind efforts? By breaking up a BEAUTIFUL friendship with Ino, then LYING to her saying that she's not gonna fight Ino over Sasuke...only to insult Ino about...Sasuke!

X

I know most of her fans will say that she didn't break up her frienship with Ino because of Sasuke, she broke it off because she wanted to get stronger for herself! Yes, and we see how well that plan went for 200+ episodes. (She broke off her frienship with Ino for Sasuke. Plain and simple.)

And they fight in one of the shittiest battles of the series, and thanks again to Sakura's Plot Protection jutsu, she ties with the Number 1 Rookie female of the Ninja Academy. Let's see what happens next!

X

Well will you look at that, INO was the one who rekindled their frienship, and complimented Sakura after their battle. Ino is so unnaturally kind to that girl!

45. hustler's ambition Well-Known Member

Manga Facts --> Opinion

Now let's look at time-skip Sakura.

Sakura had a two-minute crush on Sai...until Sai was honest with the chick telling her egotistical ass how she really looks. Sakura decides she doesn't want him anymore.

This confuses me since it was Sakura who taught Sai how to insult people by giving them insulting nicknames in the first place. She shouldn't get mad over something she's responsible for when she KNEW Sai has..."people-trouble", anyway.

X X

When Ino first lays eyes on Sai, she develops a crush on him too.

X

One can tell from the third panel that it appears that Sakura doesn't care about Ino's affection towrds Sai since Ino's making it obvious that she's really digging him...

X

It appears in the first panel that Sakura's actually being a good friend and decides to WARN Ino about Sai's personality. But we all know that Sakura's a big liar and a hypocrite, right?

X

As Ino's best friend one would think Sakura would SUPPORT her...but NO!!! As you can tell by the 3rd panel she aided Naruto in preventing Sai calling Choji "fatso", but when Ino introduced herself to Sai, you can tell by looking at the same page at the 6th panel that by Sakura's smirk, not only was she NOT going to prevent Sai from saying anything insulting to Ino, but she was HOPING and EXPECTING him to! (What kind of best friend is that?)

Until Sai replied with the most intelligent reponse...

X

The 3rd and 4th panels clearly shows that Sakura's angry and jealous that Sai the "socially clueless" guy actually complimented her best friend and NOT her.

This entire scene left me confused (and laughing at Sakura. ) Why? Because, if Sakura wasn't intrested in Sai and she didn't care whether Ino was feeling him or not (as indicated in a previous pic), why would she curse and punch Sai to the other side of the restaurant for calling Ino "Miss Beautiful"? It doesn't make sense to me.

I came up with two conclusions:

1. Sakura wants EVERY cute guy in the series to fawn, drool, and compliment her and no one else. (No wonder she's the Mary-Sueish whore of Naruto fandom. It's because Sakura WANTS to be paired up with hawt guys, and whatever Sakura wants, her fans have to deliver.)

2. Sakura's NOT a good best friend. What type of best friend would do some shit like that over a guy? This clearly shows that all Sakura's good for is fighting other females over dudes. (Or in this case, the reverse is true.)

Personally had I been Ino, I would've been VERY upset over the situation, because her immature jealously and actions was CLEARLY uncalled for. But Ino's such a sweet, caring darling that she had no reaction to the situation.

Sakura doesn't deserve Ino as a best friend. She doesn't deserve ANY friends. That "Ugly Bitch" (courtesy of Sai) deserves to be alone, friendless and manless for the rest of her days. Ino can do SO MUCH BETTER when choosing a best friend. Her and Hinata should get together and become best friends.

Oh yeah...and about the chunin exams thing...

Yeah sure Sakura was the only one who answered the questions correctly...

But she was also the only one who phailed to realize the true pupose of the exams!

Even Naruto figured out the shit! :naruto

BOOYAH!!!
    :edu

46. Naomi Uchiha Get off Sasuke's nuts! >:|

Uhm.. .-. You can't close the post. You never started it.

Getting back on subject. It is true that if Sakura wasn't there, she wouldn't be a love interest for Naruto. I say, more weight of his shoulders to me. :laugh He doesn't need that little girl dragging him down.

And that's what I'm trying to point out: If Ino experienced as much as Sakura, she would be a far better person than Sakura would ever be. If she isn't already now.

It is true, Kishimoto did pick Sakura as a heroine. But she's not being one right now. Must I pull out the "detestable" quote set by him again? It's pretty sad that you have to look into every nook and tiny corner to collect up why Sakura is useful to the plot. I mean if can't agree with the own creator of the whole entire series that Sakura has some major issues, then you're totally warped.

And yes. In my opinion: I would actually agree that Tenten is a far more better character than Sakura. She may be cannon fodder but she hasn't interferred nearly as much as Sakura did.

Spoiler:
    And yush. Sakura has no boobs. <w< She be boobiless, buttless Team 7 failure.

WIN :laugh.

47. PikaCheeka wants to believe

1) She wants EVERY cute guy in the series? Wow. She's in love with Sasuke, and she had a minute crush on Sai for a few minutes. Last time I checked, there were more than 2 cute guys in the series. :no trust

2) Sakura is a bad best friend at times, yes. But Ino's willingness to put up with her tells me that she does have plenty of redeeming qualities as a friend, as well.

Ino needs someone like Sakura, strong-willed/stubborn/rude/what-you-will as a best friend. Hinata couldn't stand up against her.

And :lmao at your comment about how she deserves to be friendless/manless for her entire life. How old are you, anyway? This comment of yours pretty much negates any logic you had, because clearly you're just a mindless hater.

Uhmmmmm nobody else realized that they were EXPECTED to cheat. So, no, she wasn't the 'only one who phailed' to realize what the exams were all about. She didn't cheat and got all the answers wrong. Naruto and Sasuke didn't cheat either (because they didn't know that was the point of the exam either), and just didn't write anything down.

And about the chuunin exams, did you forget that she was willing to drop out, which would result in having Sasuke hate her, to make sure that Naruto wouldn't fail?
    X

I didn't say /thread.

I said /discussion.

There's no point in me arguing with you if your main problem with Sakura is her lack of boobs.

48. hustler's ambition Well-Known Member

I arez veryz immaturz and I lub it! :love

What can I say? I have the eternal soul of a 12-year-old. But I handle my real life issues like an adult. The internetz does not matter to me. I'm simply having fun.

Yes at the very end Ibiki told everyone that they would have to cheat in order to gather the answers.

He also said, and I quote, "I'm sure most of you already figured out that you'd have to cheat in order to pass the test."

You know...I could post the link to the anime episodes when all this takes place.

Nope, Naruto didn't cheat.

Sasuke, however, did. He used his Sharigan to cheat off someone. Now I'm not sure about the manga because I didn't read Part 1 (I only watched the series), and I only started reading Part 2 when Team Hebi were introduced. :awesome

My point is, is that everyone makes it seem as though Sakura was totally incredible because she answered the questions on the test correctly without cheating. Well, I'm saying that she was also the only one who didn't realize that everyone was supposed to cheat.

Yeah...she risked Sasuke getting mad at her because she wanted to make a decision for Naruto...

...but turned around and got mad at Naruto because he didn't drop out the exams. :notrust

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  49. yukito used to be azn

The pages are here, if you want them. :amuse
    X
    X
    X

50. hustler's ambition Well-Known Member

Thanks azn!!!

X

X
    :edu