1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Im sorry but why did kid Madara suck so much skippin rocks across a river? And stats?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Algol, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Algol Active Member

This is a dude who grows up to make giant armor come out of his eyes that can slice mountains in half, a kid who grows up to be able to pull down two meteors from outer space... and he can't skip a damn rock across a river??

I mean, kids his age train to fight with swords, throw knives and giant stars while jumping through trees, fight in war and stuff... and he has trouble skipping a rock?

And life expectancy of 30? Lol who's the leader of the Statistics Clan specialized in data anlysis jutsu that went around and conducted that study?

"Excuse me, Mr. Uchiha. What are the names, ages, and gender of everyone Hashirama and co. killed today, if you don't mind?"

Uchiha: "Fuck off! Katon: Goukakyu no Jutsu!"

"Lol katon... Is this a bad time for you? I'll come back later."

Uchiha: [sigh] "... sure."

Spoiler:
    Just havin some fun on things that took me out a bit.

2. Ricky Sen Member

They probably kept exact records of their dead like most military groups attempt to in war times. If someone is found dead, or MIA for an extended period of time, then they are declared or presumed dead.

When Konoha was founded the records were compiled and compared and eventually it became known that the average life expectancy for members of either clans at the time was 30.

You don't need to do a census when your entire clan is a military organization that presumably keeps track of its soldiers like every other military organization going back to tribal times.

Agreed on the rock skipping part though. I'm equally curious about Madara's woefully inept rock skipping skills. A young me would have done better and I can't kill a man 101 ways with a kunai.

3. Herekic Deal with it

Also madara has never been a phsycial powerhouse, it was his chakra and sharingan that made him so hax

He likely can't mold chakra very well yet, and he has no sharingan

so yea

4. Big Bad Wolf El Jefe De Mundo

OP made it sound like it's that easy for someone to skip a rock to the opposite side of a shore :maybe

5. Anko-san Tokubetsu Jounin

6. Algol Active Member

Yeah maybe not for us. But these are superpowered kids who shoot fireballs and fight wars that revolve around throwing knives and swords at each other. Jus sayin, seems funny to me he couldn't skip a rock that well.

7. Skywalker Imperial Conqueror

8. vagnard Active Member

It's really stupid really and a plothole. 12 years old Sasuke was one shoting giant bears of severals tons with a single kick. All ninjas have speed and strength way above an average human. Hell.. the precision to throw a shuriken with their accuracy probably surpass by far the skill to skip rocks across a river.

9. Kage

do you know how hard it is to skip rocks across a river? :pek

10. Namikaze_Minato Yellow Flash, Motherfucker.

cos madara is a weak faggot. had to be taught by a senju on how to skipping rocks across a river.

weak people are ugly, just like madara.

11. UltimateDeadpool Steam Danger Tyrant

He held the stone like a kunai, so he was inadvertently trying to kill the water.

12. Ezekial Does want a custom title

Dude I can only do 3-4 skips, do you know how difficult skipping is! :uwah

13. spiritmight High Frequency, Bitches

The skill required for skipping a rock all the way across a river is probably different from the skill required to throw a shuriken into someone's chest.

Even Hashirama noted that Madara was used to handling shuriken

Throwing shuriken =/= skipping stones.

14. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

bitches don't know about skipping rocks. :capc

15. metaXzero Member

We don't even know how old Madara was. We don't know if he was at that stage where he was making waves in the Uchiha clan.

And maybe he just sucked at skipping rocks?

16. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

Obviously because rocks and Uchiha are mortal enemies. The rock instinctively knew it was being held in the palm of its archnemesis, so it willed itself to be heavier and harder to throw. Rocks like Senju though, which is why Hashirama was able to skip it across the river with ease.

17. PDQ Meta-Debater

Doubtful. Throwing accurately is nowhere near as difficult as skipping rocks across an entire river He could likely throw it across the river accurately, but that's different from skipping it. He doesn't even have problems skipping it, just skipping it the entire distance. Most people have a hard enough time skipping rocks period.

Not to mention they'd likely teach you how to throw shuriken whereas skipping rocks is more selftaught.

18. The Prodigy A glorious death ;)

Hashirama is a master of rock skipping

19. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh Advisor

The skipping rocks annoyed me last chapter but it was put into context in this chapter. Madara isn't some Naruto-like klutz; he has experience throwing shuriken, but he probably hadn't tried to skip rocks at all before that. And he mastered it by the next time he was shown.

20. Closet Pervert Legendary Pervert

Good point. That parallels how Madara couldn't live in a peace time but had to wage war (except in caves:hehee). War is all he knew.

21. TaskMaster Bedroom G

Skipping rocks is one of the hardest things to do in life.

Hashirama "God of Rock-Skipping"

22. Veikuri Master of Magnetism

You people complain about every little thing.

23. Algol Active Member

i forgot about this, good point. damn kishi and his clever foreshadowing!

already showing signs of evil, at such a young age. no wonder tobirama chose water as his element, he's sworn to protect the rivers, the lakes, and the seas from the uchiha!

waddya mean "YOU people"?!?!

24. Grimmjowsensei True Hokage

25. PikaCheeka wants to believe

Average life expectancy comment made me laugh a little. If half the kids are getting killed at 7, as was implied, then the "average" age means that most people who do survive to adulthood live well into their 40s. It was one of those things that Kishi should have worded more carefully

This.

Skipping stones requires a certain trick to it, and Madara was just missing it.

26. Edo Madara Kamui Dimension

Madara is Naruto of that generation, heck Naruto at that age is probably better than him at skipping stones :maybe

27. vagnard Active Member

lol no. There are a lot of people in real life that can actually skip rocks but the accuracy of shurikens is inhumanly stupid in Naruto. Itachi was hiting bullseyes that he couldn't even see and were behind rocks. (he hit them with curve throws) We also have seen ninjas often countering shurikens and kunais with other kunais and dozens of them in few seconds. I'd like to see a human being doing that.

Considering the level of arm strenght and skill of an average ninja, skipping a rock across that small river should be a walk on the park.

Hell I did a little research. The world record are 51 times across a distance of 76 meters. That could be easily the distance of the stream we saw in the manga. If a normal human can do that then sorry... I'm not impressed with Hashirama and Madara.

28. Antos Member

your question is easy to answer and that is he's not itachi. but than agian you know uchihas rock>uchiha

29. grinninggrizzly This is BAD NEWS!!

Oh come, you folks expect ninja to be good at everything. It was already stated that he just wasn't doing it right. Saying he was a skilled shuriken user is a moot point as it was implied that perhaps throwing the rock like a damn shuriken might have been the reason why he couldn't get it across the river. Being able to slice up mountains doesn't mean you can skip a rock across a river. There's a trick to it. If you can't figure it out, you'll naturally fail. Remember when Itachi took sasuke hunting? He sucked big time at the time too.

30. ryz MOAR POWA!

It's not the throwing, it the *HOW* to throw.

If any body follows cricket, they will understand what I mean, Every bowler can throw a bowl across the pitch, but spinners have the technique to throw, make it bounce, and have it *spin* the way they want!

Hence Madara. Madara throws a random pebble, sees it skip once before sinking. He goes "Hey! This skipping stuff is cool! I wonder if I could make it do it *all* the way to the river"

But muscle memory is a bitch

He keeps throwing like shuriken would, and it would sink after a few skips.

But soon, he realises his folly, adjusts his angle and strength, and plink! it's across the other side!

Remember, he wasn't free in the meanwhile, just like Hashi, he was doing missions and stuff.