1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.
  3. Please vote in the following contest threads: AOTW MIRROR, SOTW MIRROR

if Sasuke doesnt learn the truth about the Massacre from Itachi

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by jacamo, May 30, 2012.

would it piss you off?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. jacamo Kekkei Genkai Sama

it would really piss me off... :obd

i didnt think anything in a manga would ever piss me off, but this would

Itachi has to provide some closure, we cant have this issue unresolved

does anyone else feel this way?

i dont even care about the brotherly chat anymore

im not saying the truth about the Massacre has to be revealed to us readers straight away... but at least Sasuke has to be told the true story

2. Blazing CobaltX Yuri Trainer on Fire

What's there to reveal?

And no.

3. Fruit Monger is the Fury

Honestly, Kishi selling Naruto's future TNJ to Sasuke will be easier for us as readers to stomach if we know that Sasuke knows the truth.

Because at this moment, I don't see why Sasuke would flip sides.

4. Sotaa n00bie

I think it'll come in due time. I could definitely see Tobi (as cocky and arrogant as he is) spilling the beans to Sasuke at some point, or him evidently figuring it out on his own. Either way, I think he'll find out in due time. This still gives Sasuke a chance to go and confront Naruto, although much calmer. We shall see, although I'm disappointed too... just a little. ;~;

5. tnorbo Active Member

I don't see any truth to tell. both us and sasuke have had the majority of tbi's story confirmed, the only place he lied is the kyuubi attack.

6. jacamo Kekkei Genkai Sama

even if the story we have at the moment was always the truth, dont you think Itachi needs to provide at least a little closure? seeing as Tobi lied about the Kyuubi and possibly other things

i agree... thats why i want closure

i guess he could find out in due time, from the Elders i suppose... sigh

it would still piss me off though :pek

7. vjpowell Becoming Stronger

It would give Sasuke even more reason to be hateful. I would rather Itachi not say anything about it.

8. jacamo Kekkei Genkai Sama

we can only hope

9. Kanae wants more Annie.

That's the part I had been looking forward to the most; to finally find out exactly what happened, and from Itachi's own mouth. But tbh, right now I just want Itachi to stop edo tensei and go back to the dead so that the plot can keep moving, even if that means waiting more time for the truth of the massacre.
    Yeah, I can see that, too. Once the damage has been seriously done and Tobi thinks there's no turning back for Sasuke, I don't think Tobi will mince his words too much.

10. ShadowReij Wanderer

If his story is any different then we'll hear something. If not well, that's it.

11. gershwin blargh

He will. There are a lot of things left that only Itachi knows.

12. Rawri Active Member

If there's any hidden truth concerning the massacre, then yes I'd be pissed if we don't learn about it.

13. Revolution Uchiha

. . . but he just didn't. Why should he answer him now?

14. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

I also don't see Itachi's reasoning for not telling Sasuke the truth.

15. Gabe Murim Grand Master

maybe everything told to sasuke by itachi was true and there is no more to learn from it

16. Jeαnne :hurr

/\ how would itachi know what tobi has told sasuke? tobi could have twisted everything

honestly, i want sasuke to jump before itachi and use the EMS to read his mind, if itachi wont tell him willingly, at least he can get it all by force. Itachi will disappoint me if he doesnt tell the truth to sasuke, but i will still give him time until i have certain, he could already have talked with sasuke during tsukuyomi

17. Kusa Well-Known Member

The truth of the massacre has just too much potencial.Kishi could reveal interesting things about the Uchihas.

18. Revolution Uchiha

I made a whole thread about how Itachi is basically confirming Tobi's tale, but in a way that makes it seem like Itachi did a good thing :arg

19. lo0p Bounce with me

Maybe I missed something but I don't remember anything even hinting that Tobi's version of the massacre was a lie or something important was left out. Not from Danzo or Itachi so far. Besides, the story makes Itachi look like a good guy. I'm sure Sasuke knows that Tobi isn't good so at this point, what could possibly be revealed to turn any of that upside down or to change Sasuke's current plans to kill Naruto and destroy Konoha?

20. Lelouch71 Zero

Sasuke would probably become an even bigger nutjob than he already is. Simply because it's Naruto job to convert Sasuke to Narutoism.

21. murder mirth psycho sasuke

The amount of trolling and mind fuckery Sasuke went through throughout the series is a bit too much lol
    :obd

22. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

why? if the real truth exists, we don't know it.

23. Wraith_Madara Invincible Immortal

Bit of a shame, agreed. I would have liked to know:

1) What convinced Itachi there was no other option but to slaughter his family. What did he see/find out that we didn't?
    2) The famous so-called negotitations, and those involved.

But what I really hoped to get was that both sides were in the wrong. Konoha high-ups shouldn't have isolated the Uchiha/Uchiha shouldn't have gone rogue. But, I might hope that the elders will tell us the rest. That is, if anyone bothers about the massacre and Itachi's part in it at all. It's only the reason why Sasuke is raging, after all. No big deal if say, Naruto want to get to the bottom with the problem.

24. Drums Active Member

I agree with the OP. If Itachi vanishes without telling Sasuke stuff about the massacre it will be such a wasted opportunity. I still have some hopes that Sasuke will get something out of Itachi, but they aren't big.

25. jacamo Kekkei Genkai Sama

yeh, there could be so much key info Tobi left out... especially if it implicates the Uchiha and challenges Sasuke's goal to Crush Konoha

yes, perhaps things unrelated to the Massacre as well

exactly, Itachi's perspective is so important

i feel the Elders will definitely play a role in this sooner or later

im glad people agree :datass

boy will i be mad if Kishi doesnt elaborate

26. Golden Circle .

It would really tick me off too.

To think that Sasuke has given up his search for the other sharingan user like this... ugh... words fail me.

27. Frostman G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)

We already know the truth, so does Sasuke. Its just a matter of getting out of denial.

28. Kage

what is there left to know?
    what is there left to find out that would improve sasuke's current mindset?

the answer to both these questions is "nothing"

29. Chuck &#32

I would :laugh, Itachi trolling Sasuke even more would be kinda fun to see

besides, most of the details have already been told by Tobi & Danzo

30. Asherah イタチ♥サスケ

That's not true. Itachi has given Sasuke absolutely no reason as to why he valued Konoha so much. He hasn't explained in any way why he made the choice he did. It doesn't matter what Tobi said, Sasuke wants to know the answers from Itachi. And it's quite clear that his constant 'why was it just me left alive' is just another way of asking if Itachi really cared about him that much. There is a lot that Itachi could do or say for Sasuke at this point.

31. Hero of Shadows Victor over Fate

You know we wouldn't be getting the truth we would be getting Itachi's version of the truth, I'm not saying it would be as deliberately manipulative as Tobi's but it would cary Itachi's biases and we've seen Itachi is very loyal to Kohona I'm expecting huge amounts of white washing of Kohona's involvement.

Although it would be funny to have Itachi not say anything about the Uchiha massacre leaving us with Tobi as the best source of info.

32. Kage

I fail to see any reason that would make Sasuke care about why he cares. He's already stated he can't forgive konoha even if Itachi has, this pretty much implies the reasons for his brother's loyalty don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Itachi is dead, will die again soon and did not desire a reunion in the first place. I think it's safe to say he's aware there is next to nothing he can do or say for Sasuke at this point.

as for trying to ask Itachi is he really cared, pretty sure Sasuke believes that he does. He doesn't hold Itachi accountable for the majority of his suffering "you made me this way!" is largely undermined by Sasuke calling Itachi fucking "perfect" not even a chapter before.

33. Asherah イタチ♥サスケ

The fact that Sasuke is asking and is desperate for answers is pretty good proof he's willing to listen. At the moment he has nothing to go on. Any answer from Itachi would be better than nothing. Even if he didn't accept the reasons to begin with, you can bet your ass he'd be having flashbacks and thinking about what Itachi said when he fought and talked with Naruto.

Just because an explanation won't stop Sasuke's anger right now doesn't mean it's irrelevant or unnecessary.

34. ch1p likes the kitteh

Poll is self explanatory.

Plus:

3) If the Uchihas were truly oppressed or not.
    4) Why is Itachi's loyalty to the village so strong. This is a question only Itachi can answer.
    5) Who did Itachi kill and who did Tobi kill. I find it unlikely Itachi, as portrayed by Kishi right now, would be able to kill his own parents unbreakable loyalty or not. Also, it would make getting Tobi personal for Sasuke.

Am I forgetting anything?

35. Frostman G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)

Anything Itachi tells him is just going to be a repeat of what Tobi said. Everything Tobi said was made clear by Itachi's current actions. Itachi has even explained things to him. Sasuke still doesn't get it. Sasuke is stuck on the illusion he has of his perfect older brother. So he is just going to keep asking why until he gets the answer the fits his illusion or convince himself that the person in front of him is an imposter.

Itachi has already done enough damage trying to manipulate Sasuke. That is why he is leaving everything to Naruto. Naruto can better relate to Sasuke and he is already safe from the mistakes that Itachi has made.

36. Kronin World Saviour

For what we knoiw at the moment, Tobi lied about the Kurama's attack of 16 years ago. Iachi said that Tobi was behind it but the masked man, also when accused by Sasuke for this act and for his will to manipulate the Uchiha clan for his own reasons, continued to respond that he has nothing to do and that is the attack was just a natural disaster (like say the official version).

37. Wraith_Madara Invincible Immortal

I like that theory. I can already visualize Itachi's flashback:

*Sasuke comes running towards his parents room*
    Sasuke: Father! Mother!
    Itachi: Sasuke... don't come in...
    *Tobi warps out of the room*
    *Sasuke opens the door to find only his brother and his dead parents*
    I think you covered all of it. There's the whole "what were the Uchiha clan doing during the Ninetails attack on Konoha" but that could be dealt with during point 1 or 3. That single picture with Itachi wondering why his parents had to be out now of all times comes to mind.

38. Fruit Monger is the Fury

1) Sasuke believes that Tobi had nothing to do with the Kyuubi attack, he thinks it was just another natural disaster. The Kyuubi attack is one of the main reasons why Konoha elders moved against the Uchiha.

2) When it comes to the Uchiha Massacre, there has been more vague comments then anything. Sasuke asks Danzou if he ordered Itachi to murder the Uchiha. Danzou doesn't confirm nor deny it, he simply calls Itachi a traitor for not keeping his secrets and says that Sasuke was special to Itachi. What comes into question is whether what Tobi told Sasuke (and Naruto) is the truth. It's possibly that what Danzou believes what Sasuke knows, is not the actual truth. Before Naruto could question Itachi about the Massacre and the coup, Itachi simply cuts the conversation short, again not confirming much except that Tobi knew something about him.

If we look at Tobi's goal, he wanted to "control" Sasuke, to get him on his side. Itachi tells Naruto that he believes that Sasuke can be manipulated, that he is a blank slate and he can "colored" under the right circumstances. Itachi's past has been the paint that has colored Sasuke thus far.

Personally, I see more implications that there is more to Itachi's past than we as readers actually know.

39. Phemt &#32

X

40. Fruit Monger is the Fury

I guess characters never change their minds, right?

X

41. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

Why do people make the assumption Tobi hasn't already provided the truth?

What's that, Tobi is a liar? Itachi is a bigger liar?

Tobi may have misconstrued the truth in order to achieve a certain agenda?
    So did Itachi even too the point of force.

I'm not saying there isn't more to tell, but I don't understand the reference "Truth about the Massacre" from Itachi, as if Tobi (An arguably more credible source) has not already given it.

Thus far everything he cited minus the part we knew about, checks out.... And Tobi has already given us the best NONE BIAS, Uchiha point of view, as he seems genuinely willing to reprimand both sides for there wrong doings...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  42. tnorbo Active Member

fucking this. people always bring up shit about tobi lying. he's lied twice in the entire manga. itachi's lied every single time we've seen him. why should we believe him anyway?

43. Amatérasu’s Son Spring is in the air...and I'm sneezing.

I agree with IpHr0z3nI above.

There's not much factuality that can really be gained from Itachi's testimony. Unless there were other severe breaks from the truth from what Tobi said.

But the effective truth for Sasuke will not change. Itachi was ordered by Konoha to kill the clan. That's all that Sasuke really cares about.

But it would be nice to hear Itachi's personal comments on it. I can see it becoming like Naruto and Nagato. Naruto heard Nagato's reasons and history, but it didn't shake his desire for revenge. What stopped Naruto was Jiraiya's wishes. It's interesting, Naruto was dealing with someone he didn't know, but respected Jiraiya who was already dead enough to not seek revenge. Sasuke is asking for the truth about that person who he's fighting for from them, and there's a probability he still will deny his wishes and seek revenge. Two similar situations and two different results. Itachi is both the person who he seeks acknowledgment from and the person who has done all the damage.

I wouldn't call Tobi credible anymore than Itachi. And neither should Sasuke. They both have agendas. I agree though that he seemed more than willing to reprimand both sides. Funny how he sidestepped his own responsibility. I'm fairly certain Sasuke still wants to kill him too.

All that said it still pisses me off. I actually wanted to hear about Itachi's perspective from Itachi. It's not like there's a Mikoto sealed inside Sasuke who can tell him about what really went down.

44. Kage

The problem is Sasuke makes an annoying habit out of asking questions he's already been given the answer to.

Itachi has said all he needs to say about it, let Sasuke muse over that.