1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Discussion for the forum medals contest is happening here. Please drop in and give your input.

Ichigo is likely immune to Kyoka Suigetsu

Discussion in 'Society Library' started by bill1228, Sep 1, 2010.

Is Ichigo immune to Kyoka Suigetsu's hypnosis?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. bill1228 Member

Gin says the only way to avoid hypnosis, is to touch the blade before Aizen activates it.
    Shown here:
    Spoiler:
    X

Now we know that Ichigo has never seen Aizen's shikai before, so he is not under it's hypnosis yet. He has however, touched Aizen's blade.
    Seen here:
    Spoiler:
    X

Gin never mentioned you had to touch the blade with your hand. Ichigo's abdomen made contact with the blade, giving him immunity.

So, do you agree or not? Vote and post your reasoning.

2. Zaru ________________________________ Advisor

You realize he has to keep touching it, right?

3. bill1228 Member

Gin didn't mention you needed to continue touching the blade through the activation of hypnosis, only before it has activated. Although, this is why I put "likely" in the topic title. It may be further explained that you do have to maintain constant contact with the blade.

4. bah21 Maniacal laughter is quite fun

I was actually wondering if Ichigo was permanently immune to it as well, though Gin's words weren't totally clear regarding just how long you're protected from it by touching the blade. Guess we'll (probably) find out pretty soon, but for now I'm going to go ahead and put my vote for Ichigo being immune.

5. Blinky swagsa

Right I may be way off here .

I always thought Gin was doing the same thing Yamamoto did . By being contact with the blade you can feel his Reiatsu so you know he HAS TO BE THERE . And he only discovered that weakness when Yamamoto did it . That's how I've been looking at it but since no one else see's it that way there must be something wrong with my theory .

btw OP going by your theory everyone that has been sliced by Aizen is now immune to KS .

6. bill1228 Member

To the bolded part, Gin said you must touch the blade before he activates it. Everyone in Soul Society, excluding Gin and Tousen, have seen him activate it. Meaning they are in it anytime Aizen chooses.

7. Blinky swagsa

Ah I see . Still I don't think he's immune . Oh and didn't he cut Renji too ?

Doesn't really matter if he is or not . Not like he can get Ichigo to stare at his sword in the middle of the fight .

8. Reisorr Sasuke is a good manga

For some reason I think Ichigo is immune to that because he's got a cool guy inside him that will break the genjuts.....kyoka suigetsu.... lolwut...

9. Lacie Pureblood

That's what I thought too. I don't think you can achieve immunity from KS just by touching it before Shikai, it would be too easy.

10. Grimmjow Is that so'

That's a good theory

11. zilvox black hand of insanity

X

X

No, its a different flaw in the illusion, although somewhat similar to the one yama used. Gin discovered this a while ago as shown on these pages.

12. Travis Touchdown The Crownless King

He had already seen it, as all of Soul Society had seen it in the demonstration, which obviously Ichigo wasn't there for.

However I was thinking you need to remain in contact with the blade, not just a single touch. And I doubt Aizen would have been foolish enough to slash Ichigo (Whom he knew would be a threat in the future) when he had plenty of Kidou to use if one time contact truly was the weakness.

13. DoubleX31 Satellite Cannon

X

X

14. HugeGuy ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

Hitsugaya was already under KS. How else would he have seen Aizen's fake corpse and not realize anything?

15. Kyōraku New Member

Shinji, kyoraku, Soifon got sliced, therefore touching it. Are they immune?

16. HugeGuy ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

No. Because Gin says you have to touch the blade before your were ever under KS.

Did everyone just forgot that line?

17. THATsameGUY Member

You are completely wrong. You have to be touching it and while you are touching it you are immune. As for ichigo it has said that he was immune to it becuase he never saw the release or the ceromony or whatever unahona said when Aizen was explaining it. So it was stated that ichigo is not under its illusions.

A while back though it was debated what Aizens actual release was. The only command we have heard him say was the shatter command. That seems to disengage it though. Some things are still unclear about his release and what has to actually be seen. But this is bleach and thinking too much is pointless. Ichigo is not under the illusions, i will just stop there.

Gin didnt discover. He was told.

18. Sassy ~Equipped with chaos~

19. titantron91 God Killer

Ichigo touched KS blade last chapter. I believe he's immune to it now. Check the pages.

20. Kurosaki Ikki Member

You have to keep touching it. If not why would Gin even bother holding onto Aizen's sword before he attacked him? I mean do you really think that was the first time Gin touched Aizen's sword?

But since it's Kubo, it's best to throw logic out the window...Take Tousen's Bankai for instance. As long as the sword is touching your body you regain your senses...

I guess we'll find out in due time.

21. titantron91 God Killer

Yeah but that's Tousen's nonhax bankai

Aizen's is his hax shikai

Kubo should make the single touch the key to immunity

Come on, this is not the Sosuke aka "God" Aizen Show

One thing with Aizen though, why didn't he ever put the hypnosis on Ichigo long before?

22. King Of Gamesxx Heh

Doesn't matter if he's immune or not. If he gets caught he'll rip through it just like he ripped through the black coffin.

23. silly ALL HAIL BRITANIA !

What about the other ppl who have touched his sword with their abdomens in FKT?

24. Tandaradei &#803

ok this is how I see it:

the hypnosis is something like a "spell", lets say it takes 5-10 seconds to cast, maybe longer.
    (thats why aizen never starts a fight immediately. his shikai power needs some time)

now if you touch it the cast gets interrupted. so aizen has to start casting it again.
    (but that's most likely close to impossible while fighting)

25. HumanRage ShonenTard

guys, the point is "touch the blade", not "getting touched by the blade"

you have to be actively touching it, its a magic condition requisite.

26. Nic .

well logic would dictate that he does. :quite Either way, i'm pretty sure kubo will use some other bs as to why Ichigo is immune to it now. :quite