1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

Ice & Spice: The Sasuke x Karin FC - Part 4

Discussion in 'Fanclubs' started by Astrid, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanae wants more Annie.

I AIN'T EVEN MAD :iria
    He is smart :D: it's honestly ironic how Suigetsu genuinely considers himself and Juugo as 'nuisances' for SasuKarin, basing that in what he has seen so far, and when Kishi goes and draws the contrast with Sasuke, Sasuke is the one to consider Karin a burden. It fits :-(

2. NAwsomeness13 Member

I hate Darksuke :-(
    Kick em in da ballz Karin :pek

3. Kanae wants more Annie.

I found him entertaining when he had his once-every-20-chapters appearances, but I feel Kishi did not pull him or handle him correctly :-( it just seemed jarring rather than fitting or believable, IMO.

Btw, I have a doubt guys, how should I go about the quote post? :hmm Should I re-scanlate the panels? Simply write the japanese dialogue along with its translation? Or just go for the translation? lol

4. Higanbana Even through rock

Re: Ohana - Oh, I see, haha.

Re: Suigetsu's cockblocking - WOW. I wonder if he did that on purpose...? :huh

I agree about Darksuke. I mean, looking at through Karin's eyes, it was all rather sudden. All of a sudden, his chakra got really dark. Not inexplicable, but not well-developed.

I think just the translation is fine.

5. NAwsomeness13 Member

6. Kanae wants more Annie.

Thanks for the input, girls! :ohpek

most likely, IMO; Kishi can be pretty ironic when he wants to, and he is usually careful with his wording, I believe :quite

Indeed :D: plus it served little to no purpose. Take discarding Taka for example; if they reassemble, this is Sasuke taking them back in less than... what? a month in the naruto-timeline?

The only way I can excuse Kishi's handling of Darksuke and see some point to the whole thing, is if it turns out that there was some sinister Uchiha nature making Sasuke's erratic behavior worse. :-(

7. Kanae wants more Annie.

... Are we back? :omg

edit; ok, seems we are back for good, then! :WOW

Update about the Quotes thing: I am pretty much done, just one more Suigetsu quote to go and it will be ready :quite but I need to go to work now, so I'll keep working on it tonight~!

Alas, two questions guys:
    1) Is Ao's quote worth including? ;hmm the one where he mentions Karin as the "girl who was with Sasuke" and what not. It seems pretty meaningless so I am not sure lol
    2) Should I add a extra section with Chapter Titles, side-texts and the likes?

8. NAwsomeness13 Member

I'm hoping it'll come back with full force so that the Sas-Naru fight can commence. At least, thats what makes the most sense to me..
    and Kanae, I'm fine with anything really. I'd like chapter titles/words too though :maybe
    Also, I don't know the exact translations of those words so idk

9. GaijanGeisha I am fangirl! Hear me squeal!

Do you mean like that theory about the Uchiha clan inheriting ten tails demon blood or something like that? :confused Maybe Itachi will explain more in his 'talk'...

mte :nod

This in TV tropes made me giggle

:lmao like Sasuke would know how to rape anything, seriously...

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  10. Higanbana Even through rock

@Kanae

No problem. :)

And if he's careful with his words, then it's quite possible that he did that on purpose. :nod

Agreed re: Darksuke. Maybe it could have something to do with the "Curse of Hatred?"

And do whatever you have time for for the quotation thing. :) I'm sure it'll be extremely helpful and awesome no matter what.

@Gaijan

I was thinking the same thing about the "Curse of Hatred." WE NEED UCHIHA BROTHER TALK NO JUTSU + QUALITY TIME right NAO. :angrywife

And I LOVE TV Tropes. I spend almost as much time there as I do on Wikipedia. :zaru

On the topic of Darksuke, it appears that we and Orochimaru (who is technically not alive by the time Darksuke raises his ugly head, but w/e) are of one mind on the subject of his insanity:

Spoiler:
    X

And is it weird that I now think of Sasuke and Karin's relationship this way because of the name of this FC?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzCXV8pw8wo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  11. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ I don't think so :hmm I would be surprised if he does, considering Sasuke did not know.

@MM: No wonder! :hurr SasuKarin IS spicy, after all hahahaha
    also, tvtropes is like a blackvoid. It sucks you in whenever you randomly land on any page :argh hahaha

About Darksuke: Kind of like that, though tbh I had never read about that theory, Geisha :hmm I'm outdated, I need to do my research haha

But what I mean is that Uchiha's chakra has been referenced as dark one too many times; and there are also a lot of secrets involving that clan. I do expect/hope some of that will be clarified by Itachi as soon as his talk with Sasuke starts, because it could be very enlightening and explain a lot of things about Sasuke's behavior, IMO.

About the quotes post: Thank you for the feedback, guys! :<3 It will be ready in a couple of mins! :knk NA, chapter titles shall be added then :quite

About the TVTropes thing: LE lol! :lmao it's not as if it's too late to make rinnegan babies though. Babies aren't part of Sasuke's nor Karin's plans in the near future, so :LOS

12. GaijanGeisha I am fangirl! Hear me squeal!

:p Ever since I joined this FC, this song always reminds me of it now because of the title:laugh In my head, it's like our theme music :rotfl
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqTBvp0Yka0[/YOUTUBE]

ITA:nuts

:X3

13. NAwsomeness13 Member

Oh yeah here we go :kaga
    LOL what if sasuke tells karin the big revelation and sui like what u didn't know? LOL
    I think he could if he was eavesdropping on oro and kabuto from dat tank :datass

14. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ I would lol so hard if that were to happen :rotfl then poor Sui would get chided about not saying it any sooner. Poor man can't open his mouth :pek

@Geisha: DAT video is what started my Rin/Len fangirl'ism :druul I approve of it being our theme music alright :LOS

Almost done! :WOW

While I finish though, I thought of sharing something I came across yesterday while reading a few translations~

It's another translation of Chapter 574, and while it is essentially the same as the ones we've gotten familiar with, I couldn't help but notice something that caught my eye :hmm

cr; Kirin Rei @ narutobase.net

:wha is it just me or that line is kind of interesting? I have to admit that, while reading the scanlations, I never quite got what in the world was Suigetsu talking about when he brought up Sasuke lolol

15. GaijanGeisha I am fangirl! Hear me squeal!

:laugh That makes it seem like he has some kind of jealousy issue or something of that sort, or like Sasuke took something from him?:confused
    It is interesting in that context, I guess I had been so focused on Juugo saying 'Sasuke and Karin' that I didn't pay as much attention to Sui's words after that :redface

16. Kunoichiwa The Not-So Delicate Flower

Suigetsu tries to tear Sasuke and Karin apart. Sasuke tries to tear himself apart from other people. They're both "not good people" because they like to tear relationships apart.

17. Kanae wants more Annie.

@Geisha: I know that feel :rotfl I was so distracted by that, plus the "about to hook up" connotation that I let my confusion about SuiJuu's other comment slip haha

But reading it like that though, has really got me thinking :hmm I am glad you found it interesting too, because I was at first concerned that it would be just me :redface

Tbh, when I read it, since Juugo is saying that Suigetsu is "not a good person" right after Suigetsu revealed that he enjoys deliberately cockblocking SK, I couldn't help but read the "In that regard, Sasuke isn't a good person, too." as "Sasuke cockblocks himself" :rotfl

edit;

Ohhh that's pretty much how I took it, too, Kunoichiwa! Well, except that with more SK connotations, of course :hurr you put it way better :WOW

18. NAwsomeness13 Member

X
    OMG GAIZ HE'S MAD HE'S SO MAD :scry
    X
    Kanae you were totally right, you said he was gonna be ":pek" when Sui tried to cockblock SK next time, but he already did it
    X
    Look at him; he's just like
    X
    Omg this chapter was better than I imagined. I was praying Kishi would be less subtle, and here he was :scry
    And yes, that dialogue makes much more sense :del
    Quite :quite

19. GaijanGeisha I am fangirl! Hear me squeal!

X

Wow, ya'll are so smart, that makes alot of sense:nod even more so than what I had been thinking :imslow

EDIT:
    Wouldn't it be like really hilarious if one day he lost it and tried to kill Sui for cockblocking :rotfl

20. Kanae wants more Annie.

omg all those gifs, dat Siwon, my bladder :rotfl I love this FC :<3

omg true! Who would have thought he had already done it! :rotfl

To be completely honest with you guys, the more I look at those chapters, the more I think we're seriously going to get SK moments thanks to Suigetsu (and Juugo). It's just... too Kishi. Too Kishi to be a coincidence.

First the guy makes Suigetsu bring up that he and Juugo are "nuisances" for Sasuke and Karin, and reveal that he enjoys getting in their way; and then Kishi makes Juugo ask Suigetsu why is he with Taka just to get in Sasuke and Karin's way. And while Suigetsu says that he can't resist, we still don't know just what made him be this way - plus, Suigetsu has been the first and only one to straight-out bring up Karin's feelings for Sasuke; the only one.

I seriously do think we will find out just how did Suigetsu realize Karin liked Sasuke; and also, with some luck, we may find out just when did his hobby start - just what did spark it.

Ans taking into account that by letting Juugo in, and by going as far as to make Juugo bring it up by himself, it's like Kishi is going out of his way to bring SasuKarin out as an integral dynamic of Team Taka.

It's... too much of a coincidence to not be done deliberately; and when Kishi does this kind of thing, it usually yields results :WOW. So I cannot help but anticipate it, even though I know I should try to play it cool :pek

Btw the post is done! :WOW since we're only 1 post away from the next page, I'll wait hahaha

edit;

Oh, I almost forgot!

Hopefully JUMP is not trolling and this preview is loyal to the chapter :pek

21. Higanbana Even through rock

Gaijan, that should totally be our theme song! And TV Tropes is addictive. See below:

Spoiler:
    X

NA, YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF GIFS. :rotfl

I could totally see that! :laugh

@Kanae

Yeah, that translation really makes me think. I hadn't thought about it at all before. Kishi, if you're going where we think you're going...:love

22. Kanae wants more Annie.

X
    X

As the title states, this post gathers the comments other characters have made about SasuKarin. Because, apparently, what is clear to us happens to be clear to them, too.

… Now, if only Sasuke got a clue :)pek).

As for why we’re gathering them, well—when Karin is pointed out as Sasuke’s favorite and as the girl he is about to hook up with plus as the girl he knows quite well in the spawn of just a few chapters, you know it's time to start keeping track~ :)LOS)

* Whenever available, the raw will be listed as well, so that those who desire to do so will be able to check the accuracy of the script.

CHAPTER 352
    Spoiler: Suigetsu, on Karin
    Suigetsu: “Karin… be honest. Don’t you just want to be at Sasuke’s side?”
    Karin: “T…T-that’s my reason?! Who would ever say such a thing?! Huh?!”
    Suigetsu: “See? Bullseye. Your voice is cracking. Well, well… I really do know… In the past, with Sasuke, you…”

(taken from X)

Note: Suigetsu’s original line (「ホントは知ってんだよ…昔君はサスケに…」) lacks a verb, and so it is very vague. However, X are some alternate translations. Also, input from a native Japanese speaker indicates that “[…] reading the full sentence, it's pretty obvious that the person liked or still likes Sasuke....”

CHAPTER 480
    Spoiler: Tobi, on Sasuke

Tobi: 「あの女…連れてきて正解だった …役に立つ わざわざサスケが[選んお気に入りなだけは ある…」 That girl [Karin]… it was good to bring her here... she's useful, and Sasuke specifically chose her as his favorite... (cr; On3word @ NF)
    (raw X)

CHAPTER 567
    Spoiler: Suigetsu and Juugo, on Karin and Sasuke
    Suigetsu: 「香燐とサスケが生きて二人でいるとして ボクたちが二人を見つけて感動の再会ってなると思う?」 Even if Sasuke and Karin are alive and well, do you really think we will have an emotional reunion once we find them?
    Juugo: ….?
    Suigetsu: 「いいかい香燐はサスケといちゃつき合いたい…ならボク達は二人の邪魔もの者ってこった」 Listen, Karin just wants to flirt with Sasuke … which means that we have been getting in their way.
    Juugo: 「…そうか…ならどうする?刀集めを続けるか?」 …I see… Then, what should we do? Continue gathering the swords?
    Suigetsu: 「もちろん二人の邪魔をする …それが刀集めの次にボクの楽しみだしね」 Keep getting in their way, of course! … That’s my favorite thing to do, after hunting for the swords.

(read the raw X)

Note: Suigetsu says 「邪魔」 which means “encumbrance / hindrance / burden”. And rather than saying that they have been being a burden to Karin, he says they’ve been being a burden to 「二人」 (two people) aka Karin and Sasuke. It’s the same at the end, too; 「二人の邪魔をする」 get in the way of two persons (aka, plain ol’ cockblockling lol)

CHAPTER 574 (aka, when Suigetsu gets called-out on his cockblocker hobby)
    Spoiler: Suigetsu and Juugo, on Sasuke and Karin
    Juugo: 「お前えは何でわざわざサスケと香燐の邪魔をしたいだけど鷹に居る?」 Why are you with Taka just to get in Sasuke and Karin's way?
    Suigetsu: 「ククッ! くっつきそうなあいつらの [...] 」 (read the raw X) Kukuu! Because I am not able to resist to cut them apart when I see them together…! How can I put it… I’m driven by my impulse to cut things into two… That’s how I am!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Suigetsus employs 「くっつきそう」 which, when used for people, indicates that the two in question are “about to hook up” (as confirmed by a native japanese speaker). So the ‘together’ in the above sentence carries that connotation. There are also more interesting tidbits about his wording, you can read about them X and X.

CHAPTER 579
    Spoiler: Kabuto, on Sasuke
    Kabuto: 「君のよく知る 香燐だよ」 You know her quite well, it’s Karin.
    (read the raw X)

EXTRA;
    aka, other fun tidbits like Chapter titles, sidetext, etc
    X
    ^ cr; [email protected]

Because if we're going to gather stuff, we may as well gather fun SK trivia while we're at it~ :quite

Spoiler: important ones

CHAPTER 480
    Chapter title: “X.”
    Splash text: “Sasuke sacrifices Karin for his revenge!!! And enters true darkness…!!!” (taken from X)

CHAPTER 482
    Chapter Title: 「もう一度...」 “Once more…” titled after Karin’s quote about Sasuke’s smile (“… I just wanted to see that face… just once more…”) down to the very ellipsis, which highlights that the SasuKarin flashbacks were the core of the chapter. (raw X & X. Eng panel X. )

Spoiler: relevant ones

CHAPTER 347
    Preview of Chapter 348 (aka, the chapter of Karin's introduction): “The one that Sasuke wants, and the target are?! Next issue: New Heaven&Earth!!” (taken from X)

CHAPTER 351
    Cover (X): “The delicacy to see through everything calmly. The courage to live with passion. The kunoichi Sasuke has acknowledged is the strongest.”

CHAPTER 415
    Chapter Title: “A New Power!!!” (named after the power Sasuke obtained X).

[SPOILER='just for fun' ones]
    CHAPTER 351 – preview of Chapter 415
    Preview of Chapter 415: “Who will survive…?! Next issue: Sasuke’s decision!!” (taken from X)

CHAPTER 574
    Intro text: 「は変わらず...!?」 “Love is unchangeable..?!” The word used to describe Karin’s feelings for Sasuke is ‘X’. (raw X)[/SPOILER]

-

edit; it seems that somehow a couple of people did not realize that the top-graphic is an obvious photoshop poster for fun :rotfl so just in case: here is a note about it lol

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  23. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ okay, there we went! :WOW hahaha let me know if I missed anything guys! :nod or if you think there's anything else that should be added / anything that should be taken out~!

@MM: Let's cross our fingers so that Kishi ties all the knots together! :<3

24. GaijanGeisha I am fangirl! Hear me squeal!

I think that was the moment where I fell in love with Karin :love

awesome job, Kanae-chan:glomp I'm pretty sure you got pretty much everything:thumbs Can't wait for more in the manga that we can add here
    :X3

25. sasukarin New Member

kishimoto is foreshadowing S&K alot, i would like to know when they will become an item:p

26. Higanbana Even through rock

This is amazing! Well done!

Wow, Kishi really praises her with that opening! Plus, it says that Sasuke considers her the strongest. :high: I'd forgotten about all that. :kloff We all *know* how hard it is for him to acknowledge anyone.

27. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ glad you enjoyed it MM! :ohpek hahaha Kishi really does love to praise Karin lol and indeed Sasuke's acknowledgement is very hard to get :pek

Her "So it was you, guys" with haughty pose and glasses and stockings totally won me over :hehee
    Thank youuu dear! :glomp Me neither! Hopefully he will keep it up :hurr

me, too :ohpek

28. NAwsomeness13 Member

OMG I love dat comic :ohpek
    I'm expecting more soon Kishi :pek

29. Kanae wants more Annie.

I couldn't resist :LOS glad you liked it :<3

Oh man, Kishi has got a lot of expectations to live up to :hehee

30. sasukarin New Member

kishi better not disappoint us

31. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ crossing my fingers and touching wood on that! :quite haha to be honest, if he somehow sidesteps the issue (not sasukarin itself, but the stab or even suigetsu's pov) it would be quite puzzling, because he has taken the time to do things that simply were not needed, had he not intended something to come out of them.

I think that Kishi laying the ground-work 2 years ago, and then bringing it back up again and adding even more to it, is a very nice indication of the fact that he does intend to tie everything up~ so hopefully everything will turn out well :yay

Meanwhile, it is pretty fun to look back at things and see stuff we missed :hurr

32. NAwsomeness13 Member

33. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ in NA and Kishi we trust :pek hahaha

Btw, daily vote vote vote! reminder, for those who haven't done so yet~! :yay Vote for your favorite SasuKarin fanfics X and X, and for your favorite SasuKarin AMVs X~! :high

There are only a couple of days to go before the polls close, so don't miss voting for your favs~! :WOW

34. NAwsomeness13 Member

its interesting how Tobi points this out right before Sasuke completely changes :pek Like showing that Sasuke is discarding something that meant a lot :-(

35. Kanae wants more Annie.

Indeed :-( Smart Kishi was smart. That comment highlighted everything, and at the same time, made Tobi's "What now, Sasuke?" and his gleeful "Good boy" tie in splendidly.

Because it wasn't just about Sasuke being willing to hurt a random person in order to achieve his revenge, but about Sasuke deliberately discarding - and severing his bond - with the girl he "chose as his favorite", as Tobi put it. It is no wonder Tobi was so satisfied :geg

And it indeed also highlights how Sasuke was doing a 180?. His favorite, the only person he has deemed as "essential" he is now calling an "encumbrance." Kishi could not have made it any more blatant :argh

36. Higanbana Even through rock

I was thinking the same thing! The fact that he has consistently brought up their relationship through various characters indicates that there is a high likelihood that it will be revisited. And hopefully brought to fruition. :maybe

37. NAwsomeness13 Member

Lol exactly. This is exactly Kishi always has built up huge things, and its so obvious lmao, not that I'm complaining :hurr
    :wha You know I never even realized that, I was too busy seeing Sasuke's change that it completely slipped my mind that he's constantly telling Karin, the readers he needs her. And then he says the opposite :-(

38. Kanae wants more Annie.

my thoughts exactly! :<3 you've summed everything up flawlessly :yay

It's pretty much the same pattern he used back when he was hinting at what would happen in 465, too (among other things) :hurr good times.

And it was the exact opposite, too :D: So Kishi was, yet again, doing that deliberately.

You know, this is very, very telling; because while we already know that Kishi choosing Karin to be the threshold (which was even highlighted by the editors or whoever wrote the chapter's side text) is telling by itself, how he even went as far as to make Sasuke say the exact opposite of the words he told Karin back in 348 (words that held true until that very moment) goes to show that Kishi himself is giving quite some thought to Sasuke's side of the equation, and not only to Karin's.

... Sleepiness is kind of making me be unable to word my thoughts correctly, but hopefully you guys can see my point :D:

39. NAwsomeness13 Member

Articulate Kanae is articulate :quite
    And again, it just shows that everything we have been saying was right :villa
    Kishi has done this tons of times to not be true :hurr

40. Higanbana Even through rock

No worries, you're being eloquent anyway, as usual. :)

And as we've discussed before, when he takes the trouble to highlight something so consistently, rather than leaving it ambiguous, it's probably important.

41. NAwsomeness13 Member

Even if he makes it ambigious soon, right now he keeps bringing the issue up at all, which I think means quite a bit :hurr

42. Kanae wants more Annie.

You girls are too sweet :ohpek I'm glad it made sense! <3

And absolutely agreed with you both :quite

If he tries to play coy about Karin's feelings, then that most likely means he is going to deliver from Sasuke's side - which would be a sight to behold :hurr Either that, or he is going to keep delivering from 3rd parties~

And this is very random but:
    X
    lolol sk are such look-alikes haha though I've always thought that their designs are as similar as they can possibly be lol which is why it's so awesome that when it comes to colors, Kishi went for a clear contrast - but that at the same time, was obviously complimentary. Black&Red go together extremely well indeed :<3

edit; ok my sleepiness has won the battle so I shall be leaving now, have a good night / day, everybody! :<3

X
    much love to you all, wonderful fc <3

43. NAwsomeness13 Member

Which is completely fine by me :villa
    Probably the most likely, considering all the hints we've been getting~ Still fine by meeeee :ohpek
    Its because Kishi sucks at hiding that they were made for each other :hurr

44. Kanae wants more Annie.

Literally :hehee it's too cute and I don't have a single complaint :LOS

hahaha ok leaving for real now, goodnight NA, guys! :<3

45. NAwsomeness13 Member

Goodnight :hurr
    so hopefully no more Kabuto flashbacks :argh

46. sasukarin New Member

good morning FC, so whats on the agenda today:laugh

47. karin uzumaki sasukarin

hi

Kanae

You are truly wonderful

48. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ awww thank you! :redface it's just the FC's collective awesomeness getting to me :ohpek good things are contagious~!

Good morning to you all guys! :<3

My next campaign is: Izanami for next chap :quite

He is quite the efficient shipper on deck with a twist :hurr

Being awesome, ofc! :awesome haha good question! Is there anything in particular you guys would like to discuss today? :knk

Also, I bring goodies! My japanese friend looked over the two lines that were confusing me, so now it's finished~!

X

49. NAwsomeness13 Member

Haha :rotfl
    That comic is funny enough on it's own, but me gusta :LOS
    The only way ill except more kabuto flashbacks is if he walks in on an SK makeout biting session :hmpf

50. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ I must insist :quite we should do a fund gathering to ship you off to Japan so that you can become Kishi's assistant. Just saying :kaga

haha no but seriously, since the flashbacks last time basically took us to the present time, the only thing that could be left - as far as the flashback timeline goes - is Kabuto becoming a sage. But that would be so boring to watch, IMO :geg so hopefully Kishi skips it and ends the volume in a ItaSasu related cliffhanger :pek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.