1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Ice & Spice: The Sasuke x Karin FC - Part 4

Discussion in 'Fanclubs' started by Astrid, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetMura King Stances!

^ What's difference between "koi" and "ai"? They all mean "love" anyway?

2. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ Yes, but there's a difference between the type of love each word encompasses. Here's some people who can explain it way better than me :quite

HERE (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120319081725AAsAhkE)
    HERE (http://HERE)
    or HERE (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100115222146AAbjkRs).
    And there you go :edu Granted, given that it's only a caption, I don't particularly think it [the caption] has any deeper meaning; I just found the chose of wording quite cute, and so I shared it :hurr

3. GaijanGeisha I am fangirl! Hear me squeal!

That's very interesting.:nod IIRC, koibito was the word Tobi used for Itachi's "lover". In the Viz translation, oddly enough, this was made plural so that Itachi killed his "lovers":nuts. Many have wondered how Itachi could have done that to a lover, but if koi sounds temporary and juvenile perhaps she/they were more like childhood crushes? :wink

Getting back on topic though, maybe Kishi using "Ai" is another way of showing that Karin's love for Sasuke goes far deeper than an admiration for his looks or because he's "cool":p

and NA, where did you read that Kishi interview:nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh and awesome job on teh fanfic as usual:hearts

4. kirinchaidori New Member

Hello skgodess!!
    I may not post very often! But I'm always following you guys!
    love you ! ^^ there's a present after hours of searching in the net^^
    I promise I will read the new fics you've been sharing, they're my inspiration to draw:ohpek

5. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ omgg :wtf I'm in class but I just had to post and fangirl that fanart. It's so pretty! :<3 ilu for finding that haha ;~; do you have by any chance the link to the artist's page/blog, pretty please? :<3

6. NAwsomeness13 Member

:hurr
    Can I fangirl?
    Idk the title seemed to imply that she continued "loving" him (even though it was trying to trick us) meaning she always loved him :hurr
    Idk I just like how we all know she loves him and she never had to do a confession or anything :hurr
    Thanks! And Idk :-(

7. Kanae wants more Annie.

Spoiler:
    Yup, Koibito is indeed the word for 'lovers', as it conveys romantic love and all, so in this case it's boyfriend/girlfriend :nod but omg idk what in the world were Viz doing writing 'lovers' in :rotfl I kind of doubt Kishi specified more than one lolol btw Geisha, do you by any chance have access to Viz's trans of Chapter 348? ;~;

I couldn't help but feel the same way :hurr

Kirin! :glomp long time no see indeed, but omg what a present you've got us there! ;~; those hours of searching were totally worth it, haha! And aww I hope you'll enjoy all our fics so that you'll get tons of inspiration for your lovely art! :knk

Fangirl away :hehee <3
    Indeed, despite the nature of the title, what it is implying is that Karin's feelings for Sasuke are 'Ai'. Whether she still feels that way or not (playing into the ?! of the title), such is the kind of love Karin has for him :hurr

There's something else I wanna say in reply to the rest of your post (because I loooooove this topic) but I'm over the image limit in this one, so I'll save it for later :ruri but meanwhile!

Darling Tox has just posted Chapter 2 of A Stone Heart! Don't miss it, guys~! :knk check it out HERE (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8021271/3/)!

8. NAwsomeness13 Member

Tsun Karin is guaranteed :LOS
    :pek
    I took up space so you can post now :gun
    And I still have like a million fanfics to readddd :argh

9. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ ilu NA sankyuuuu :<3 but ;pek too because you just brought up another thing that makes me want to type. hahaha

THIS x 1000. This is one of the things I freaking love about the way Kishi has handled Karin's feelings for Sasuke. Because they're obvious, yes - we all know how she feels about him. But you know, a lot of people feel this way simply due to Karin flirting with him or getting turned on by him and what not; and that's actually only the surface of the matter. And, like any surface, all it reveals is that 'Karin has feelings for Sasuke' ;zaru Way too many people remain stuck on that only.

But there's actually so much more.
    Spoiler:

^ this is the very first time we see Karin (cool, controlled, I-don't-lose-my-cool-unless-it-is-to-get-pissed-at-Suigetsu, Karin) look this distraught; this appalled, this worried. And what made her showcase such an expression?

That's right. She was worried about Sasuke's well-being.

Over and over again Kishi has shown us that Karin reacts in such a way only when it comes to Sasuke's well-being. Not even when she, herself, is about to die (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-420-4/naruto/chapter-415.html) thanks to the Hachibi does she showcase such an expression; hell she never even attempts to ask Sasuke to spare her. Even then, she was more concerned about Sasuke and about not letting him sink even further (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-47297-8/naruto/chapter-483.html).

Look at the attention-to-detail that Kishi pays here to Karin's reaction. She even has to grip her cloak in an attempt to get a hold of herself and keep her mind clear, knowing that if she let herself get sidetracked by her worry for him, she would not be able to help him.

Hell, before this Karin even went as far as to physically risk herself (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-44811-4/naruto/chapter-478.html) in an attempt to ensure Sasuke's well-being (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-44811-3/naruto/chapter-478.html).

And her expression when Danzou almost cut Sasuke's head off?

Alas, those are just some examples; the moment where Kishi really spelled it for the first time, is when Karin, honest-to-god, thinks that Sasuke is gone. Dead. Gone forever. What is Karin's reaction, then?

^ Such a thing doesn't even need to be explained with words.​

It is, however, worth noticing that Karin has been moved to tears only twice in the course of the manga. The very first time, is the one above. And the second? The second is after being almost killed by Sasuke, the man she loves.

But what is really worth pointing out here is that even after almost dying at the hands of the man she loves, Karin does not shed tears for herself. (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-47297-6/naruto/chapter-483.html") It takes seeing another girl cry and empathizing with her in order to get Karin to lose hold on her emotions and let the tears come out (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-47597-2/naruto/chapter-484.html). And it isn't even a matter of 'letting' the tears out, Karin cries while damn'ing all the way; she is not happy doing such a thing.

And yet - yet we saw her immediately moved to tears at the mere thought of losing Sasuke. How can the depth of Karin's feelings be any clearer than that, I honestly do not know.

Or actually, I do - "I just wanted... to see that face once more... (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-47008-12/naruto/chapter-482.html)"

That's the epitome of everything Kishi had shown us so far. The epitome of the nature and depth of Karin's feelings for him; the revelation that through all the shit they went through, all Karin wanted was to see Sasuke smile that way again. All she wanted was to see him happy.

Love does not get more sefless than that, IMO.

And it is precisely in these - in the ways in which Kishi showcases the depth of Karin's feelings for Sasuke, that one can see the way he feels about the pairing.

Actions speak louder than words, after all :<3

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  10. sakurateff *エステファン*

Shima00 secret made a new drawing sk :X3

Is so awsome~♫ :high

Please visit their web site : http://shima00.secret.jp/

11. NAwsomeness13 Member

Karin is beautful :cry
    Exactly, its always over him, she puts him above herself; that's how selfless she is. And, sorry to go back to the topic on his "rudeness" towards her, but its not as if she's doing it even when he treats her badly, like some would like to think. Karin leaving him when he started treating her badly proved that if he always treated her like that, rudely (when uncalled for) and like a tool, she would not be with him. She's so selfless but still doesn't lose her self- respect over her love.
    I know :cry Its like, she couldn't help it because of how much things sucked for Sasuke. Its so adorable how she keeps trying to be tough :sniff
    Indeed :quite

12. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ Awww is awesome to see new Shima art! :ohpek Thank you for sharing it, dear!

edit; lol ok NA just trolled me hahaha

brb, reading :LOS

13. NAwsomeness13 Member

Ha Kanae we posted at the exact same time :LOS

14. Kanae wants more Annie.

Definitely agreed, that's another thing I totally adore. It's yet another thing that adds complexity to Karin's character, and as such it also adds another layer of meaning to her feelings for Sasuke's.

This in a way takes me what to the "love is eternal...?!" thing; when are Karin's feelings for Sasuke questioned in the manga? After Sasuke almost killed her; in other words, Karin has got more than one reason to logically move on from him. And her mind has also acknowledged the matter - whether her heart will allow her to follow through with it is another matter altogether (lol) but I digress because that's not the point I want to make.

The interesting thing here, is that this isn't only about Sasuke almost killing her - IMO, it's equally about Sasuke pretty much betraying Karin's trust in him.

Rather than 'believing' in Sasuke, I've always felt that what Karin does is trust him. She trusts he will come out as the victor in battles, trusts he can make his own decisions, trusts he can achieve his revenge and actually handle things well - and she also trusts him with her well-being. Why does she do this? Because she knows him. Trust naturally spawns from knowing the guy and what he is about.

Here though, Sasuke has betrayed Karin's trusts in him. Not only did he let his desire for revenge and his hatred get the best of him, to the point he pretty much lost himself and his essence for a moment there, but he also hurt her.

And by doing such a thing; by literally stabbing Karin's trust in him with a chidori, Sasuke also shook one of the foundations of Karin's love for him :geg even more so because he actually made Karin question her worth in his eyes. All along, Karin (rightfully) believed it was a two-way-street; she trusted him with her life as easily as Sasuke trusted her with his back.

But this new Sasuke; this Sasuke she does not know, and so neither does she trust him. And so while her instinct and heart react to him the same way;

Her mind rightfully wins the battle (that's my girl. :pek).

So basically, what I'm trying to say here is that I feel Karin's approach to Sasuke will depend on what she sees in him and in his chakra; on whether she can recognize the Sasuke she knew and loved there somewhere :argh

15. NAwsomeness13 Member

Right, like how she trusted he wouldn't let the Akatuski use him.
    Oddly enough, even when she knew he had gone crazy and Dark and shit she still confidently had faith he would help her :-(
    Exactly, she trusted him because he gave her reason to, protecting her from Juugo, being considerate, acknowledging her power, saving her from Amaterustsu...Everything he did now contradicted that.
    And indeed, Karin has a great mind :<3

16. Kanae wants more Annie.

Fuck, this :D: when you put it like that, it's even more poignant. Karin's shock when Sasuke stabbed her, and her hurt face afterward;

Never did she fathom that Sasuke would ever do such a thing to her. Because the Sasuke she knows wouldn't have; it's really as simple as that, so mte with your post :<3

I also think that Karin's words here can be food for thought. She is clearly implying that she felt she was worth more to Sasuke than just this; and this is Karin we're talking about, perception-master and sensor-ultimate who can even tell when someone is lying due to their chakra, for god's sake. If Sasuke did not genuinely care about her, rest assured she would be the first one to know :lmao

-

Btw guys! If any of you is familiar with coloring and would like to help a fellow SasuKarin artist to color her fanarts, please do so~! :<3 The fellow SK artist in question is none other than dear sakurateff (http://www.sakurateff.deviantart.com/); in that link you'll be able to see her SK fanarts, too :iria so if you are willing to help her out, send her a PM through here or DA! Thank you!

17. NAwsomeness13 Member

Lol exactly. If Sasuke always treated her like a tool why would she say that? She's brilliant and would be able to detect it :zaru
    And I can't edit panels for shit, sorry :geg
    Holy Hell :wha
    Hope y'all are having fun, join in if you want :distracted

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  18. Kanae wants more Annie.

Pretty much :LOS hell if even Suigetsu who's a 3rd party and lives to troll noticed that there was something going on (hello, otherwise why would he say they were 'about to hook up' ;zaru) and even Juugo embraced the idea rather than refuting it, one can only wonder how Karin feels about the matter lol

Btw this doesn't have anything to do with anything (:LOS) but I was checking out the databook again and I had totally forgotten this existed lolol

It's a graphic showing just how many characters have each blood-type in the manga. I didn't know there were so few with AB blood-type haha but I'm glad Karin made it to the graphic :hurr

19. NAwsomeness13 Member

Exactly, lol this is how they expect normal Sasuke to behave. lol Karin probably kept the flirting up thinking he'd break any second :villa
    But I'm still surprised at that line, it was so blatant and right after Sasu and Kar's appearance, not to mention coming from Kishi himself :wha
    I ain't complaining though :awesome
    So they're gonna have AB babies?

20. Kanae wants more Annie.

If only Tobi hadn't broken him first :pek
    lol tell me about it. That was about the most unexpected thing ever :rotfl Juugo's line is up there, too, since the guy doesn't even say "Y u want to get in Karin's way? :pek" but "Y u want to get in Sasuke and Karin's way? :pek" - Juugo has been converted :villa

Yes :wtf AB babies with (possibly) the body and eyes of the So6P :LOS and gorgeous, sexy looks to boot.

21. NAwsomeness13 Member

I fangirl everytime I read it :awesome
    and of course they will be gorgeous :hmpf

22. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ me, too :ohpek today what made me fangirl was dat fanart though :datass too pretty!

23. NAwsomeness13 Member

Ooh I hope to see more no glasses Karin (i hope her sight isn't that bad :maybe)

24. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ I think she's pretty blind :hehee perfect excuse to get in Sasuke's face :LOS

25. NAwsomeness13 Member

Karin: Sasuke come here I can't see you
    Sasuke: (gets unocomfy and ackward and bends over)
    Karin: good
    :LOS

26. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ :rotfl perfection :rotfl Sasuke won't know what hit him :LOS... and by the time he realizes it, he'll be already enjoying it, so it's all good :hurr

It should take the guy some time to get to see glaseless-Karin again, though :pek

27. NAwsomeness13 Member

But we the audience deserve it, :pek so Kishi better put her in a sexy ponytail and outfit (preferably one that shows off her abs and legs) and Sasuke can just gape at what he lost while we enjoy the view :distracted

28. Kanae wants more Annie.

^ well, that sounds like a plan :canttouchthis and he better give us more Sasuke too, we didn't get a single panel of him this week :pek

oh man.
    oh man.

how will our ovaries cope once they start sharing panels again? :ruri

29. NAwsomeness13 Member

OMG THEY WON'T :argh

30. Kanae wants more Annie.

Time to do some damage control before ovaries take over :argh

Ahem.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say that Kishi is actually not planning to let Sasuke and Karin meet any time soon and we're misreading his foreshadowing (:D:). In what circumstances do you see them meeting, if that were to be the case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.