1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

How to write female characters.

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Dragon D. Luffy, Sep 29, 2016.

1. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

2. Crackle Banned

Go ahead and respond one by one with each of your retarded comments so to save me teh trouble of reading through that ocean of stupidity.

I'll start with the first one. Yes Sakura is based on his wife. He flat out said this in the NYCC 2015 interview and even said that he lied to his wife about Hinata being based on her instead which she is catching on to is a lie.

These were all said by him. On top of that in the RTN interview he also said that Kushina is based on his wife who is also very scary and is also parallel to Sakura....Also your implication that he wasn't dating his wife before he married her makes you look all the more retarded and yet another reason why you are looked down on even by the NH fandom. Now go ahead and post the next one so I can go ahead and debunk whatever dumb argument you try to substitute for actual form of logical thinking. NOt like it matters eitehr way since i'm 100% sure I debunked all your arguments before and you are stubbornly repeating your own dumb arguments in a vain attempt to stretch this argument even more which alludes even more to the hypocrisy that you don't want to keep talking about it. Congratulations not only are you your own worst enemy but you displayed a level of stupidity to the 5th degree in the first sentence alone. One can only imagine the forneverworld level of wanking you have waiting for me.

3. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

No, he simply doubted that Kishimoto was married when he started "Naruto". Which he is actually correct on, since Naruto started in 1999, and Kishimoto married in 2003.

But the feeling I am getting from your vehement repetition of the whole "Sakura is based on his wife" claim is that you must have expected, in part, Naruto to get together with Sakura simply because Kishimoto made that claim.

But at this point, Crackle, you should just table the discussion before you let yourself get too carried away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, at this point in time, Horikoshi has handled his entire story far better than Kishimoto did during the whole of Naruto. Ochako being a better female character than Sakura is a product of that quality of writing.

Hell, just look at how things developed between Bakugo and Izuku in recent chapters. Many other authors would just go the whole "rival goes evil and joins bad guys" route, but Horikoshi handled in a way far surpassing in quality what Kishimoto spent fifteen years. In only the third year of Boku no Hero's publication.

Just look at the League of Villains. How many mangaka can you think of would actually have the main group of antagonists grow in number over the course of the series. Most mangaka just have a set number of powerful antagonists in a group, have them defeated one by one until you hit the leader of the group, and then the hero confronts the Big Bad in a climactic showdown.

But that has not been done with the League of Villains. In fact, the hidden leader of the League of Villains was defeated by All Might (at the cost of All Might's own remaining power), and the torch for main villain was passed down to Shigaraki.

It'd take me a whole essay to talk about the rest, but Boku no Hero Academia is just that good. Like World Trigger, it feels like one of the first of a new generation (assuming that later manga don't follow the examples of the Big Three exclusively).

4. Crackle Banned

I never said he was married when he started it but he's implying Kishi was married from the beginning which is just as retarded as any of your arguments

Kishi made that claim after...so once again your retarded argument falls apart.

5. Crackle Banned

6. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

On what grounds do you assume he is making that implication? You're the one who took it to mean that he thought Kishi wasn't even dating before he was married, when all he said was that he doubted Kishimoto was married when he created the concept of Sakura's character.

You aren't exactly earning any points by defaulting to such language, anyway.

So...

*adds Crackle to ignore list*

7. Crackle Banned

8. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

BTW, Crackle, I wasn't "conceding" anything, and I just reported you for whatever link you attempted to put in that recent negative rep you gave me, and your language.

9. SoulFire! Venerable Sage

Hey, you simply asked for proof and I provided quotes from Kishi's interviews and panels from the manga to prove my points (the fact that you prefer to avoid what you challenged me to provide is actually the concession here) . I would love to see you do the same :maybe--but take it to the Pairing forum where it belongs.

:edu

This far into the manga Hori is definitely creating a diverse caste of female characters. I think Kishi was always a bit confounded with how to write them (I'm willing to bet that he had no sisters to deal with growing up). I really like how Ochako is being developed, and the rest of the girls in the story are interesting and strong in their own ways. A problem Kishi had with Sakura was that he never really allowed her to completely overcome her own feelings of weakness/worthlessness in comparison to her team mates. She never truly had that moment where she took center stage and had Naruto and Sasuke 'watch her back' and that was a mistake.
    Btw, I be a she. :harley

10. Tayimus Number One

The dude's banned, in case y'all hadn't noticed...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  11. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

12. Vongola King The King

did the dude even get a warning tho? normally a mod comes in and tells everyone to cut this shit out immediately before the thread really gets out of hand or just plain lock it. @Xiammes?

banning on the spot over a single thread seems odd.

13. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

When he neg-repped me, he tried to stuff an image into the "reputation commenmt" from some Wordpress site called "deathpower". Given the contents of just the front page and what other links there were, I would assume the image in question (which didn't show, since Crackle seemed ignorant that you can't link images in reputation comments) went against forum rules.