1. The NF rules of conduct have been updated in response to the Xenforo upgrade. Please review them here.
  2. Please discuss and vote on the fate of the reputation system here.
  3. The forum medals contest is being extended for another month. Check this thread for more information.

How does Luffy beat Blackbeard?

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Pyro, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

Ok so Luffy has conquered East Blue and sailed through the Grand Line. At the end of his journey, he gets to the final island (or wherever you believe he meets Blackbeard) and the epic fight that has been foreshadowed for the longest time begins.

How does the fight go down?

Does Luffy have the upper hand?

Does he win due to a weakness Blackbeard has?

Does an important friend intervene to give Blackbeard his just desserts?

What do you guys think?

Edit: This is what the poll options were GOING to be...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. tanman Hardship of Adventure

With a punch.
    He beats him with a punch.

3. God Movement Admanistrator

How does the fight go down? They meet each other at Raftel, meeting around the location of One Piece.

Does Luffy have the upper hand? Nope, Blackbeard starts off dominating like he should.

Does he win due to a weakness Blackbeard has? Nope, he wins by being the better man.

Does an important friend intervene to give Blackbeard his just desserts? Whitebeard and Ace's spirits possibly. Not really to give him his just desserts but to give Luffy a heads up.

4. Zoan Marco Active Member

What Goo Goo Monster said. :maybe

Spoiler:
    :rotfl

5. Mr. 0 Cleaner

Blackbeard sucks him in and prepares a super mega quake punch & Luffy counters with a G3 red hawk bazooka. They simultaneously inflict jarring damage to each other

6. Coruscation Active Member

I think Teach will underestimate Luffy near the end sometime and hold him at close range stripped of his DF. Luffy will take a point blank full power quake punch on top of already sustained damage and look an utter wreck, so Teach is all arrogant. Luffy grabs on to him though and starts to physically overpower his grip, even without his fruit and in that beat-up state. Teach will be in disbelief first but he realizes he is outmatched in true, genuine strength. He tries to prepare a quake but Luffy delivers the hardest non-Gear punch he'll ever do and sends Teach flying back a bit before he can get it in. After that he revvies up for the inevitable Gatling finisher of some kind, overpowers a double airquake and smashes Raftel to pieces along with Blackbeard.

Something like that'll happen near the end. I really do think Teach's arrogance will come into it because there's no way he's losing that. But it will be clear as day which of them is genuinely stronger and who would get his ass whooped without stacking Devil Fruits.

7. Zoan Marco Active Member

Elephant Red Hawk gatling. :maybe

8. Do ya More I got, faster it went

Luffy will win with 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will (haki), 5% pleasure (weird huh) and 50% pain

:zaru

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  9. macrie69 Member

Gear Ten Gomu Gomu no "Nuclear Bomb"

10. trigimon Active Member

he'll push him into the water.

11. Soul King Satan Wears RMK Shit

With a Gomu Gomu no Pistol. :gar

12. Zoan Marco Active Member

That would be the worst way to win.

13. Byrd Awaken Feathers of the Skies

Serious answer.. it will depend on Luffy "willpower" because his natural body will be taking on Quakes and he won't have his rubber-like protection...

but I can see it ending with a lot of PIS also unless Luffy is an beast which I can see him being..

I think the fight will be of further proof that devil fruits do not determine the outcome of a battle

14. Bluebeard Classy Gent

An epic villainous breakdown once BB realizes that Luffy will never quit no matter how hard he is hit and also that he was the man Roger was awaiting for. After that, Luffy will break his resolve and the island of Raftel will collapse into the sea from the battle.

Or at least that's how I pictured it in my head. :lmao

15. Raid3r2010 Champion Of The OP 5th TourneY

Luffy's gonna show Teach what a true conqueror is. :datass

Either way as for the fighters I assume Teach will be a monster among monsters who'm already surpassed the previous generations including Roger and WB in their primes and that not due his WILL but due his hax devil fruits and due the trickery he used during the years to get at the top.By that time I think that Luffy surpassed the previous generations by a small margin aswel but still the gap between the combantants will be obvious,Teach having the upperhand.

It'll be the hardest and longest battle Luffy will ever have and I think that Teach would have the upperhand most of the fight due his hax ... the outcome might have different scenarios but one thing is certain Luffy won't go down that ease as Teach will probably underestimate him in one point. :laugh

My current thoughts on the outcome:

1.Luffy defeats Teach due his astonishing will,being unable to move at the end of the fight nor even dying after the hardest battle of his life.

Luffy: This was a reallY hard battle ! He was the strongest guy I fought but I defeated him ! (*cough spitting blood from his mouth !)

But damn ... I can't move anymore,I never felt so weak ! My bones are broken,I have no meaT and I lost much BLOOD ... well,I guess THIS IS the END ! (smilinG) ... I had the best crew and I have found the ONE PIECE ! and smilinG of course ! [epic Luffy/Crew/Shanks moments here] (Luffy dies standing up with his hands somehow risen up and SMILING like the boss he was)
    (sure Master Oda would create everything in an epic manner. :laugh)

2.Teach kills Luffy(PK) after a long and a hard battle which shake the wholle WORLD but at short time after Luffy's defeat Teach will collapse aswel ! [Teach: Mugiwara no LUFFY! I never expected that,even with the strongest devil fruits the world had to offer you showed me there is no limit to your will ! Before I leave this world ... I am grateful that I finally understood the will of D. ! ! ! ZEHAHAHAHA- just kidding,what an awfull writer i'd be ! But I suppose he's gonna have an epic speech at which only Master Oda could think at. :datass

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  16. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

Awww there was supposed to be a poll along with this but I forgot to write the poll question, and then I went off to class. Now it won't let me add it :(. Oh wells

17. Raid3r2010 Champion Of The OP 5th TourneY

Damn,I so love this thred.

What kind of poll u had in your mind ? :maybe

18. DarkRasengan Active Member

Quakes will just make luffys body bounce around, if he draws luffy in with the darkness fruit luffy just springs forward and punches him in the face.

19. Pyro Got my PHD in OP

Basically the options were just going to be like:

Luffy winning through straight willpower.

Luffy actually wins by being stronger than BB,

Luffy gets "saved" (some third party steps in)

Blackbeard wins :omg

Other

And really I didn't have any awesome ideas of my own, I was just tired of reading tier list threads and nakama threads over and over. I wanted something different for us to speculate about.

20. Raid3r2010 Champion Of The OP 5th TourneY

I see,pretty awesome. :LOS

21. Del Ruiz Supernova

I can see some of Luffy's advantage coming from his rubber body, like the Gura Gura doesn't bother him at range since it just throws him around. And possibly even BB's darkness fruit being unable to crush him even if he's sucked into it, just like Moria's black box. Without haki being applied, Luffy can be crushed flat and he'll just pop back into regular size when released.

I really don't think it'll be Luffy being straight stronger simply because Blackbeard is all about hacked power growth on top of an already highly experienced NW pirate. Blackbeard will still be the stronger pirate at the time of the fight (think about it people, when is Luffy not having an uphill battle?) but he'll pull through a combination of grit/willpower and a few DF advantages. He'll be uniquely suited to take on Blackbeard where nobody else can stand against him.

22. Byrd Awaken Feathers of the Skies

Df advantages won't work if he is caught hold of...

what would be awesome if BB steals Luffy DF in the fight.. and Luffy just straight up battle him just by using his fist lol

23. TheGrizzly Smiling at death

With speed.So far we have seen BB as a rather slow character and his attacks need a lot of time as well.

24. Tsukishima Lollipop sucker

Elephant Gun one-shots. :gar

25. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Driven mad by the nature of One Piece, Teach rules on high from a balcony on Castle D, deep within Raftel lands. It is there that he spots Luffy - along with Miss Goldenweek - on his way to claim his crown. Thusly, the Pirate King attacks, using target seeking golden snitches that explode on impact.

Luffy turns to Miss Goldenweek, who under the late Kizaru, was able to evolve her painting powers to godly levels. While Luffy protects her from the bombardment of Harry Potter merchandise, she draws a picture of Teach with her own blood. Any picture that she draws becomes like a voodoo doll for that subject, in that anything she does to the picture, happens to the subject. Thusly, she erases the picture of Teach, thereby erasing Teach himself. All that's left of him are his swollen, hungry, bloodshot eyes. She draws a cage around them, trapping Teach's soul on Castle D's balcony forever.

26. Federer Active Member

Blackbeard will likely be the strongest person in the OPverse, Luffy will match him somewhat, but Blackbeard will dominate the fight.

Once he will start thinking that he's gonna win the fight, he'll become overconfident and arrogant [Like Whitebeard claimed] and Luffy will show his heart once again during a battle and smack him down to the oceans.

Blackbeard lacks the mind of a champion, he doesn't have that willpower to fight for his believes, like Whitebeard, Luffy and Akainu have for example.

27. Eaqj R.I.P, Bartholomew Kuma

and a 100% reason to remember the name.

28. Admiral Kizaru One Piece Expert

Oh yes. That sounds fantastic, especially the bit about the island getting destroyed afterwards. Make it happen Oda.

:notrust Care to expand fella?

29. Whimsy .

Red hawk elephant storm

Or straight up no DF ORA ORA ORA storm

It's coming bitches

30. MartyMcFly1 Danger is my middle name!

I somewhat expect this fight to look a bit like Goku vs. Piccolo Jr., at the end of Dragonball. I expect Luffy and Teach to be quite evenly matched the entire fight with Luffy looking to be a bit stronger. Then, towards the end of the fight Blackbeard does something incredibly unfair (wouldn't put it past him) to incapacitate Luffy, leaving him injured. Blackbeard will then take this opportunity to pound on Luffy a bit and give him a final crazy strong quake punch that crushes Luffy's left eye. I even expect the chapter to end with Luffy collapsed on the ground, hopelessly defeated. Oda says that he hates fantasy stories where people come back from the dead, but in all honesty this would be a pretty good moment for Luffy to imagine Ace or Joyboy (possibly even Shanks, Dragon or Sabo depending on what ends up happening in part 2) standing over him saying something like "Get up you idiot! You better kick this guys ass!" Of course, Luffy reflecting on memories with these people would just as easily suffice (with the exception of Joyboy of course).

Luffy then gets up, pulls out some insanely strong move and beats Teach before collapsing himself. As boring as it might be, a variation of his pistol would seem fitting for his final attack in the series. Notice how I said Luffy would lose his left eye? In Luffy's final appearance I'm betting my entire reputation that Oda wants him to look somewhat like the Shounen Jump pirate. Add a scar under the SJ pirates left eye, and substitute the jolly roger for the Strawhat's and there you have it people. Grown man Luffy, as well as the perfect ending to a Shounen Jump pirate manga!

By the time Luffy fights Teach he should have his awesome red pirate coat draped over his shoulders, may have even ditched the Strawhat and gotten a hat like the one Roger is wearing X with the Strawhat Jolly Roger on it.. I don't know how well his red shirt will match the coat, so maybe he should switch to a black shirt at this point in the story which would create a nice aesthetic parallel between himself and Teach. I'm not sure how I would feel about Luffy wearing one of those frilly neck things, but I hope he keeps his shorts.

31. DoflaMihawk Blind Bandit

The entire Straw Hat crew come in with their guns from Strong World and shoot him to death! :gar

Seriously though, I think Gear Stacking will come into play somehow.

32. blueframe01 Active Member

i still think that Luffy's resistance to Gura - Gura would be the key to beating Teach. would be a straight out advantage to Luffy? no, since Teach would be able to disable his fruit abilities for a moment. I'd say it'll be a huge where punches are thrown, while BB tries to disable his fruit and luffy trying to prevent that.