1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

How did Obito survive amaterasu?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library' started by Ninja Genius, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ninja Genius Strong Survive, The Weak Die

Ok we all know the scene. Itachi of course thinks ahead and some how plants amaterasu in Sasuke eyes. it triggers and engulfs obito. obito survives and calls itachi a failure. but why is itachi a failure..how did he fail. now that we know how obito jutsu works and its no longer a mystery, i want to know why. amaterasu hit him and covered hus whole body. it stays on the person no matter what and doesnt burn out for awhile. obito jutsu only moves his body to another realm. so his amaterasu burning body shouldve be teleportes away but in no way should it removed the flames. so hiw did he survive?

btw plz forgive spelling punctuation etc. this was done on my phone. k thnx bye

2. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

He probably just phased through the flames.

That doesn't make any sense.

The flames were already on him, so how could he phase through them. Do his clothes phase through him when he goes intangible?

It was obviously Izanagi.

I really don't think it was Izanagi. There's really no proof that it was used.

Maybe he warped the flames into his dimension.

It doesn't have to be explicitly shown to be Izanagi. I believe the consensus here (besides JuubiSage and you) is that Izanagi was the most likely option. Sorry if you can't accept that...

3. Vice Redeemed

4. PikaCheeka wants to believe

I thought that was sort of settled.

5. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

The most popular theory is Izanagi. It also explains why Kishi kept Obito's face covered with the mask.

6. Rain Weltschmerz

What The Fuck :distracted

7. Coldhands A Thousand Eyes, and One

I think he just warped the flames into boxland, makes the most sense to me. To use Izanagi he would have needed to activate it earlier, which he didn't have time to do since Amaterasu was a total surprise.

8. Senju Leader S/T Ninjustu>All

He probably just made his body intangible letting the flames slide off him.

There is no indication that he used Izangi, sasuke would have noticed something if Obito was missing an eye due to the technique. Kishi would have let us know if he used Izangi. He did every other time it was used

9. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

Wtf? Why are you arguing with yourself, Rikudo?

Anyway, it was Izanagi. If he had used Kamui, it wouldn't explain how he separated himself from the flames. They were clearly attached to him and it wouldn't explain the screaming, groaning, and then silence. Furthermore, he said that whatever he did was a secret from Itachi, and I do not believe that Kamui, which he uses freely and openly in front of everyone he crosses paths with, is a secret.

On the other hand, that he possessed Hasharima's DNA very much was a secret. Kishi kept the the method a secret even from the readers, so Izanagi makes infinitely more sense than Kamui. Kishi also made Obito's mask fall off, which parallels Obito taking half of his own mask off to reveal Izanagi against Konan.

And the notion that Sasuke could have noticed is silly since he couldn't see through Izanagi later and he can't tell if the right eye is missing because of the mask. Obito clearly used Izanagi the moment after Amaterasu hit him, before it started burning him, and then replaced the eye later with one of his many stored Sharingans.

10. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

Hiraishin: Minato-sama soloes this shit. :yondaime

813: See what I have to deal with. :notrust

11. AvengeRpro :blinditachi

obito has like 400 uchiha eyes so just use one

12. Aeiou Pumping Lemma

When was the claim ever made that once he is touched, he can no longer phase? I'm pretty sure he was taken by surprise by that Amaterasu, and later became intangible to avoid it while absorbing it to his dimension. Using Izanagi is a bit absurd, you use that technique when you're about to die. Amaterasu doesn't kill you within seconds. As as JuubiSage said, the technique wasn't prepared.

13. Addy itachi is everywhere!!

14. Hiko Seijurou The Scarlet

It was likely Kamui. Itachi probably knew Obito had Izanagi (especially if he thought he was Madara, which is BS imo) and there would be no time to set it off.

Or Kishi screwed up.

15. Ascend New Member

I don't know, it wasn't Izanagi cause we never saw him do the hand seals to activate it.

16. egressmadara Wanderin' About

-Extingusihed it with his own MS... somehow
    -Warped it away and regenerated some of the damage

17. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

He warped away the flames. While his ability to travel and phase was not a secret the fact that he is connected to another dimension is/was.

18. iJutsu Active Member

If it had hit him in the eye, it would've been over. It didn't, so all he had to do was phase it away.

19. Olivia "Active" Member

There was no reason for the mask to fall to the ground if it were not izanagi. As we know the eye needs to be exposed to light for izanagi to work, as shown when Danzo unveils his Sharingarm and when Obito breaks the top portion of his mask against Konan.

If something is touching him (a weapen he's using, his clothes, etc) it turns 'intangible' with him, so most likely using Kamui would only make the amateratsu burn him in the other dimension. With his mask already off he'd be able to easily cast izanagi with his other eye, then pick up his mask and cover his face to be safe once again.

20. Naruto Fighto Active Member

He could have survived number of ways - warp the flames to another dimension, detach a body part that was hit if that part is made of zetsu, use izanagi. I'd say he was probably hit in the part of the body made out of zetsu so he just replaced/regrew that part.
    Because even if he used kamui on the flames, it would be after he is hit and his body would be full of burns. He seemed fine the moment he reappeared. Or it was izanagi.

Either way that was not Itachi's real trap, Itachi's real trap was Sasuke since Sasuke would join Naruto to fight Tobi. Itachi might have other contingency plans as well.

21. Closet Pervert Legendary Pervert

Urrr Tobi had already taken the mask off. (http://www.[Blocked Domain]/93-402-5/naruto/chapter-397.html) I think being burned alive is a pretty good reason to drop stuff you don't really need. Or maybe Tobi was like, hey maybe i should hold this mask in front of my Izanagi eye forever even though i was just about to remove it, oh shit wait i need more light for Izanagi so i guess i'll just drop this mask.

22. Emo_Princess Oh well

He sacrificed his balls then somehow survived.

23. MYJC Cunning Linguist

Seems pretty obvious that he used Izanagi. It's why he had to take his mask off.

That huge collection of Sharingans isn't just for show.

24. PDQ Meta-Debater

Actually he didn't get engulfed completely, just his right side. So he likely disconnected the Zetsu-like part that Madara attached and regrew it like he always does.

25. ch1p likes the kitteh

As if Itachi wouldn't know Tobi could warp Amaterasu away easily, it was not as if his powers were a secret from the Akatsuki.

26. SubtleObscurantist Crazy Fool

He wasn't completely engulfed at first but the fire was spreading and based on the screams and groans it continued to do so. And he never regrew anything that fast and it wouldn't restore his clothes.

27. Kaiser Well-Known Member

He simply warped the flames. I don't see why it's impossible especially after we've already seen him able to warp himself even when Shino's bugs were sucking his chakra. If he was able to do that at that moment, he can do the same with amaterasu

28. Oga Tatsumi Retired

It can't be Kamui because Itachi already knew Obito's Ability; Kamui back then prior to Uchiha Massacre.

Furthermore, Obito was Itachi's master.

it can't be Izanagi too; it doesn't need Senju DNA. I assume Itachi thought "Uchiha Madara"(The Ultimate Uchiha) knew of Izanagi and Izanami, Unless he thought Madara was so weak(pathetic shell of his former self) that he couldn't use Izanagi or Izanami.

What secret Obito keep from Itachi? that he wasn't Madara(pathetic shell of his former self) or is still a mystery.

Unless that's a mistranslation.

29. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Itachi was a failure, because it failed to kill him.

30. -Azula- ~

he warped the flames